Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='woodcan']Stupid Amazon system. Won't let me buy UFC for $25 because I have a $10 promotional code on my account and at checkout it brings the price back up to $52-$10. I removed from my cart and tried again but I can't since it says I've already claimed the deal. Logging out, clearing cache, and cookies does nothing and phone support are imbeciles.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with Pikmin.

I'm satisfied. After purchasing MW2, I needed part COD4 to complete my collection, but $50 for a game that came out in 2007 and one which has a sequel out already was an implausible purchase.

So the lightning deal + my $10 AC2 promotional credit saved me tons of money. Purchased at $16.

Now I'm waiting on the prices of Batman AA, Borderlands, and Tekken 6 to drop.

Might get Tekken 6 if it comes with the stick for $50

Hope the DSi deal will be better than other B&M store

i have bought both madden 10 and COD4 now with lightning deals. i dont even have my ps3 yet. does anyone know (or can guess) what two games will be included with ps3 on friday? i am probably going to go into the masses and try to get the bundle from wal-mart (ps3+infamous+arkham asylum+dark knight on blu-ray), but if amazon has something better, then i'd rather not go.

[quote name='chuckywang']WW2 for the Wii - I'm guessing this is Call of Duty: World at War.[/QUOTE]

It could also be one of the Medal of Honor games. I think there are 3 on Wii?

just got an email from amazon. they price adjusted my order for ufc: undisputed to the correct price of $25. I had a $10 credit, so my total was $15. not too bad. feel free to order if you're interested in this game. just fire off an email.

[quote name='62t']Might get Tekken 6 if it comes with the stick for $50

Hope the DSi deal will be better than other B&M store[/QUOTE]

I really hope they match the lightning deal they had a about a week ago. They had the tekken 6 bundle for Ps3 for $30. lasted about 30 seconds.

[quote name='kevzik']What is wrong with the members here...

IT IS NOT BLACK FRIDAY!

ITS FREAKING MONDAY![/QUOTE]
Seriously.

Some people here are just being ridiculous.

I jumped on the Rock Band 2...I mean its Christmas, plus I had an extra 20 for pre ordering Call Of Duty MW2, so it only cost me 50....

I highly recommend Pikmin if you have a Wii but haven't played the original. Overall I don't like the control quite as well, but it's still very playable.

The game isn't jaw-droppingly-gorgeous like it was in 2001, but the graphics get the job done, and it's still super fun. $15 is a steal.

If you already own the Gamecube one it's not worth it IMO, although there are still worse things to spend money on!

(Also, personally I think the first Pikmin is better than the second, which isn't available in Wii format. The reversible cover is pretty cool!)

I got the Rock Band deal.
I was going to get it at Walmart on Friday but considering the 10% tax in CA I am only spending an extra $15 for the upgraded equipment, not bad.

I have Both Rockbands in my cart.
Which system woud be best to get it for?

PS3? or XBOX360?

Kind of a random question, but does anyone know how to find out how much video game section credit I have on amazon? I can't seem to find it anywhere

[quote name='MaxPower2']I got the Rock Band deal.
I was going to get it at Walmart on Friday but considering the 10% tax in CA I am only spending an extra $15 for the upgraded equipment, not bad.

I have Both Rockbands in my cart.
Which system woud be best to get it for?

PS3? or XBOX360?[/QUOTE]
PS3 IMO because you can join a share group and get cheaper music that way.

Amazon just replied to my email and have price adjusted UFC2009 UNdisputed to the advertised $25.

From their rep:

Hello,

The discounts we offer vary from time to time. I see we currently offer a greater discount on "UFC 2009 Undisputed " than we did at the time you placed order #*snip*.

Since this item hasn't shipped yet, I adjusted the price to reflect the current discounted price, $25.00. This is the price you'll be charged for this item when the order ships.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Nidhi D.
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

I was going to hop on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY on PS3, but decided against it. I am going to be playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 primarily on the 360 with friends, and I prefer to use my Turtle Beach Earforce X4's for communicating.

People are passing on RB2 SE for $70? I bought it last year when TRU had a good deal. I'm not even that into music but I've played it a ton. The instruments are great (though I prefer GH guitars, but the RB2 one is still good).

[quote name='notwen']Amazon just replied to my email and have price adjusted UFC2009 UNdisputed to the advertised $25.

From their rep:[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I just got a similar email but got denied for Ghostbusters that I bought last week for $44, that is now $29... Instead I have to rebuy it, and return the one I already have here in the box.. That makes sense???
We won't credit you, but we will give you postage and let you ship it back..?

Go figure.

[quote name='DK745']HOw do you e-mail amazon about the price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

To email them click on you account box-- on that page go all the way down n click on help--then on that page look at the upper right side around self service right below there is a yellow contact button.click on that n your good to go......just make sure to put in your order number on the email. if you alreadu ordered it .. -

they wont refund you the money theyll just price adjust it before you pay for it. so you will pay the $25 not $50 n have to wait for a refund

[quote name='DK745']HOw do you e-mail amazon about the price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

There should be a contact us option on their page somewhere. Then, they will give you options on how to contact them, via phone or e-mail.

Help-> email us...

Don't worry I had to search too...

[quote name='icedrake523']People are passing on RB2 SE for $70?[/QUOTE]

I think there are a lot of people on the fence, like me, who want it, but might wait to see if it drops in price further.

Hey, I have the guitar hero world tour band set but I also want the rock band games. Do you guys recommend buying the rock band 2 special edition set as well for the games or just try using the gh world tour kit for the rock band games?

I'm betting the whole "bought last week" part would cause their issue of price adjustment in your situation, as this deal is currently on-going yet not showing up on their checkout/cart pages.

[quote name='jedeyeben']That's funny, I just got a similar email but got denied for Ghostbusters that I bought last week for $44, that is now $29... Instead I have to rebuy it, and return the one I already have here in the box.. That makes sense???
We won't credit you, but we will give you postage and let you ship it back..?

Go figure.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BingoBrown']I think there are a lot of people on the fence, like me, who want it, but might wait to see if it drops in price further.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect it to drop much lower and you're getting good value for the instruments alone.

[quote name='DefeatUForever']Hey, I have the guitar hero world tour band set but I also want the rock band games. Do you guys recommend buying the rock band 2 special edition set as well for the games or just try using the gh world tour kit for the rock band games?[/QUOTE]
Just get the RB2 game. Only reason to pick up the SE is if you don't like the WT drums or yours are broken.

[quote name='notwen']I'm betting the whole "bought last week" part would cause their issue of price adjustment in your situation, as this deal is currently on-going yet not showing up on their checkout/cart pages.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, but it just seems funny that they will go through the process of actually paying the postage+time+processing once the return arrives+restocking, rather than just saying "ok". I mean come on. LOL

But Hey, I'd rather save $15, so I'll just reorder the same thing and go from there.

So, anyone know the Friday deal on that Xbox limited bundle yet?? Hmmm.

Picked up UFC and sent off an email for a price adjustment, I have badly wanted this game but since I failed to pick it up within a month of release I always thought in the back of my head (it has 2009 in it, clearly it will be a yearly game and such a price drop is immentent)

Boy was I wrong, this game has been above $50 ($70 Canadian) since release except for the odd sale down to $40. I am glad to be getting this game, hope the price gets adjusted.

E-mailed them and got a reply back already and price adjusted in about a 10 minute period. Thanks for the help people. Never had to e-mail amazon about a problem before.

I grabbed RB2 SE for 360 and with all my other discounts on amazon already gradtotal came to 9.99. Now if I can just find a deal on the cymbal packs...

[quote name='NutManIV']Yeah fucking Opera again. I see all the clues now in IE. I love this browser(Opera), but I don't know how much longer I can use it. It's just not compatible with so many sites. So annoying...[/QUOTE]

i too, use opera. i have a feeling that something is funky with the javascript (maybe amazon, maybe opera's rendering of it) being used to display the lightning deals. the lightning deals section of the regular gold box page seem to work in opera, but they don't for the other pages (video games deal of the day, black friday deals). they both seem to cause a lot of errors in opera's error console, with stuff like:

Code:
Error:
name: ReferenceError
message: Statement on line 2: Undefined variable: GA_googleFillSlotWithSize
stacktrace: n/a; see  opera:config#UserPrefs|Exceptions Have Stacktrace
JavaScript - http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6716412_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000208101&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=03Q92HR4P02NQH2HGNJQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=457286001&pf_rd_i=468642
Inline script thread
Error:
JavaScript - http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6716412_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000208101&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=03Q92HR4P02NQH2HGNJQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=457286001&pf_rd_i=468642
Inline script thread
Error:
Inline script thread
Error:

i'm not sure why the gold box page does work...i was thinking about emailing amazon to see if something can be done, but i've been lazy..

i am half tempted to order ufc. i already had it at one time but with my $20 off it would make it only $5. not sure though, maybe i would be better off applying my coupon to something later on

[quote name='Strider Seven']I was going to buy RB2 but now it says 100?[/QUOTE]

You have to click add to cart from the lightning deals page.

If you're having trouble, use the Call Me feature so you can get help immediately while the deal is still on. Email is usually answered pretty fast but given the policy change on Lightning Deals could cause issues if the deal sells out or expires before they look into it.

I added the USB recording device into my cart at 8 and just checked out around 10:30 with no problems with the price, so it's not a "timeout" thing, at least not in 2.5 hours.

Slightly off topic, the policy change SUCKS. What is the point of doing lightning deals? Did Amazon forget they CREATED Lightning Deals to help ease their site crashing when they did the $100 Xbox 360 a couple years ago? Everyone checking out at once killed the site. Now, what's the point of calling it a Lightning Deal, just go ahead and drop the price and go back to crashing the site when everyone freaks to check out.

I am HOPING they still intend deals to work the "old" way that they sit in your cart until midnight, but that they've just changed the language so if any glitches happen like the Xbox/laptop fiascos a couple weekends back, they just deny everyone instead of having to deal with glitches. (Not that I think it's OK that they don't make things right but I have a feeling they honored a LOT of glitched deals since their system screwed up)

[quote name='Filipp2442']You have to click add to cart from the lightning deals page.[/QUOTE]

Yea I tried that afterward after deleting it from my cart and it still came back as $100. Now I can't claim it again. I'll just send a email to Amazon.

Amazon had a bit of a clue fail on the UFC game. That isn't a "boxing" game. Had me all hyped up for a FNR4 deal :cry:

Anyone know what time DJ hero goes on sale tomorrow? There's a page showing when all the blu rays and dvds go on sale but I don't see one for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back