Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tybalt Flux']Is this actually the Tekken BUNDLE or just the fight stick? I'm pretty sure it's JUST the fightstick.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't hurt to read.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']Is this actually the Tekken BUNDLE or just the fight stick? I'm pretty sure it's JUST the fightstick.[/QUOTE]

No, the game is definitely in the bundle, hense its called Tekken 6 fight stick BUNDLE and not just Fight stick. It also says it in the description.

The premium bundle includes the Tekken 6 game, limited edition wireless fight stick crafted by Hori and collectible Art book.

Seriously dude? Look at the item description and picture of what's in the bundle. Its the fightstick and game.

[quote name='wolve']Who knows... but it's still a low percentage compared to their other lightning game deals this week.[/QUOTE]
If it was 50% of their entire stock (which is possibly the quantity available) then that's a hell of a lot of sales. Percentage means nothing IMO if you're arguing that Amazon failed, unless you can show the quantity/volume moves was excessively low as well.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Hey, does anyone know if at some point this week some more games will be on sale on Amazon? I remember from last year that there were hundreds of games with their prices slashed. Are they just not going to do it this year?[/QUOTE]

Wait until Black Friday.

[quote name='CelticJobber']It sucks that most of the deals are only for XBox360 and not for PS3 versions of their games.[/QUOTE]

Last week the same bundle was on sale for PS3 for $30. You snooze you lose ;)

decent deal... i jumped on it at 99% claimed.. will contemplate for a bit if i should keep it or not..

game still fetches 1000 points on goozex.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Hey guys, do they still have the buy $80 worth of game stuff and get $40 credit? Just bit on the Flightstick bundle.[/QUOTE]
No. It has been weeks since that sale ended, and it was select games then anyways.

[quote name='CelticJobber']It sucks that most of the deals are only for XBox360 and not for PS3 versions of their games.[/QUOTE]

Today was the 360's day. I would not be surprised if the PS3 and Wii had their respective days tomorrow and Thursday. Just a guess though.

[quote name='NJMane']Today was the 360's day. I would not be surprised if the PS3 and Wii had their respective days tomorrow and Thursday. Just a guess though.[/QUOTE]

There have been Wii and PS3 deals today as well.

[quote name='OGHowie']Maybe comparable to the SE, but I doubt the TE.[/QUOTE]

nope. Unfortunately this tekken stick is horrible. The SE blows it away.

What time will the PS3 deal go live in EST time Friday? I have to be at work at 6 AM, meaning I will have no internet... I can NOT miss this deal...

Be honest... how many of you guys jumped on those badass Night owl night vision monoculars?! I bought two for stereo night vision. For under $500 how could you not buy two!?

[quote name='Japakneez']nope. Unfortunately this tekken stick is horrible. The SE blows it away.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, it's one tier above this:

and about two or three tiers lower than the SE stick

[quote name='Fire_Thief']What time will the PS3 deal go live in EST time Friday? I have to be at work at 6 AM, meaning I will have no internet... I can NOT miss this deal...[/QUOTE]
Guess you're out of luck because that is the exact time the deal goes live. :lol:

[quote name='porieux']Last week the same bundle was on sale for PS3 for $30. You snooze you lose ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh please. That lasted for about 3 second.

This one lasted an hour and a half. Jeebus. :bomb:

[quote name='porieux']There have been Wii and PS3 deals today as well.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Either terrible games that no one would possibly want or all-platform sale. Mostly 360 sales today.

I would like to exclaim my distaste for Amazon's deal on Assassin's Creed II. $50 is not a very good deal at all and the less than 50% claimed shows that. Harrumph!

I still got the Tekken 6 bundle in my cart and haven't bought yet. If any of you guys want it, I'll can ship it to you for $65 paypal'ed. PM me and let me know.

I have $20 promotional game credit at Amazon from my purchase of MW 2.

Is it possible to choose NOT to use the promotional credit on a specific game purchase?

It seems that the credit is applied, regardless of the price. And it doesn't appear that I will get remainder credit. For example, during one of the PS3 $10 games today, it looks like it would have applied $10 to the game and I would have lost the other $10 credit.

But I'm not seeing anywhere I can remove the credit from my cart....

TIA.

All the Gold Box deals were 360...the lightning deals were not necessarily so.
So for Wednesday, I'll create a new thread, and I'll cut and paste the previous deals (with prices) into the OP.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Why is it so bad?[/QUOTE]

It's not bad. I have the 360 version and am very happy with it.

I suppose if I had a PS3 I would be pissed about the dongle, but the 360 version does not have that problem.

[quote name='Filipp2442']Someone said tomorrow is xbox 360 day I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard that too.

[quote name='Filipp2442']I think tomorrow is a bunch of xbox 360 games.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, it was you.

Today was an all Xbox 360 Gold Box, so obviously it won't be the same tomorrow.

[quote name='CheapyD']All the Gold Box deals were 360...the lightning deals were not necessarily so.
So for Wednesday, I'll create a new thread, and I'll cut and paste the previous deals (with prices) into the OP.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good plan.

[quote name='jkimrey']Is it possible to choose NOT to use the promotional credit on a specific game purchase?
[/QUOTE]

On the final checkout page, scroll down and you'll see "Payment Method" on the right side just below the Order Summary. Just below Payment Method there is a Change button you can click. Click this and you'll be taken to a new screen where you want to uncheck the box for gift card/promo balance and just pay with a credit card.

After you place your order you can always go back and add your gift card balance to the order (as long as it isn't in the shipping process), but not promo credit.

[quote name='dino88']On the final checkout page, scroll down and you'll see "Payment Method" on the right side just below the Order Summary. Just below Payment Method there is a Change button you can click. Click this and you'll be taken to a new screen where you want to uncheck the box for gift card/promo balance and just pay with a credit card.

After you place your order you can always go back and add your gift card balance to the order (as long as it isn't in the shipping process), but not promo credit.[/QUOTE]

Did not work for me when I tried this earlier. Would take out the whole lightning deal discount afterwards.

[quote name='KingBroly']The PS3 version with Arcade Stick was $30 last week or the week before. That's why people think it's the same thing, but this time for the 360 version.

I've never played Tekken but an Arcade Stick @ $30 with a game is what I'm aiming for.[/QUOTE]

Whaa?? I can't believe I missed that! Crossing fingers that it comes back Thursday. Though I heard the stick wasn't very good with keeping connected or sumsuch. Hell, 30 for the game itself would be nice.

Great, thanks!

Now just waiting on some good deals. :)

[quote name='dino88']On the final checkout page, scroll down and you'll see "Payment Method" on the right side just below the Order Summary. Just below Payment Method there is a Change button you can click. Click this and you'll be taken to a new screen where you want to uncheck the box for gift card/promo balance and just pay with a credit card.

After you place your order you can always go back and add your gift card balance to the order (as long as it isn't in the shipping process), but not promo credit.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Tekken deal because it seemed like a great one from a price standpoint, but from people's comments I wonder if the stick is any good.

I guess even if it's not, $60 no tax, no shipping is not a bad deal for the game with the artbook, so I'll just consider the stick free and see how it plays.

[quote name='pjb16']Guess you're out of luck because that is the exact time the deal goes live. :lol:[/QUOTE]

WTF. I can only hope I can convince my mom to be up for me to do it... >__

I got Tekken and NFS added to my cart during the deal and saw the discounts. I came back just now and found all the discounts weren't showing up on my cart. Called CS rep and asked him why since they usually stay till end of the day and he flat out said that's not the case and I had to checkout the items within the allotted promotion time.
And he was pretty rude about it too(local rep I assume since he had no accent).

Anyway I hit the checkout button just for the heck of it and discounts appeared back.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']would tov be 360 or ps3 version?[/QUOTE]
There's no PS3 version of TOV in the U.S. Only in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back