Amazon: Buy Batman AA Get $10 GC.

Estebon

Banned
Didn't see it posted anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QCWRWK/ref=xs_gb_bd_DsB!VEJAall-?pf_rd_p=441937801&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YQZZJ70B7BBGXZ7V45V

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
they probably overstocked Batman like crazy. It seems like a good game but I think it has no staying power and will drop like a stone.

Since i ordered this the day after the game came out and the game hasnt shipped yet do you guys think i will get this 10 dollar promo?

I am wondering if I can somehow manage to get this 10 gc even though it wasn't necessarily posted when I pre-ordered.

[quote name='sinned47']they couldnt offer this during the preorders?!?!?![/QUOTE]

i was somewhat annoyed as well when i saw this since i pre-ordered, but keep in mind that we were able to get $5 automatically taken off with the coupon code so the difference is really $5 if you pre-ordered versus now. worth losing sleep over? probably not!

I am kind of bummed too, but of course it is the risk of waiting and in this case those who waited lucked out. Still can not wait for this game.

Preordered on Monday and still hasn't shipped. Should I cancel and get the $10 off instead of the $5 off? Doubt they would give me to $10 off this order.

OK, that's enough for me to bite. Between the ECA discount, $10 off a future game and $5 MP3 credit, I couldn't resist.

[quote name='tim44']Strange for a great game to be discounted so heavily.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Check what TRU is doing. Probably in response to that.

I wonder if this will apply to the PC version pre-order I currently have, since it won't ship for another 2 weeks.

Wow. Does Amazon want our preorders or not? I thought they got this out of their system last year after that rash of games that suddenly dropped $5-10 the day after they came out. Seeing something like this certainly makes me think twice about preordering future games. Doesn't seem like very good business for Amazon.

[quote name='skubish']they probably overstocked Batman like crazy. It seems like a good game but I think it has no staying power and will drop like a stone.[/QUOTE]

has gotten great reviews overall, but I think this game will be had for 30 before xmas.. too many good games coming out, and that is CLASSIC "eidos" to drop a game price when all the other good games come out in late fall/early winter.. certainly by the time Mass Effect 2 is out in January. I am waiting it out.. the demo is fantastic though. enjoy it if ya got it.

I preordered and my game still hasn't shipped yet. Then again, I do end up saving slightly more with a preorder than with this gift card.

I don't know, I think some companies will try different sales tactics just to generate some kind of sales because of the state of the economy.

dude bottom line is it is august. you guys realize that this is the slowest month in the video game season. obviously the owners are thinking, lets sell this game as much as we can before the fall season hits and games such as drakes 2 and cod steal our thunder...

game will be 39.99 in october, guarantee that it will be 29.99 on black friday.

[quote name='Vegan']I wonder if this will apply to the PC version pre-order I currently have, since it won't ship for another 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

That is a big N-O.

Go to the link, when you select the PC version, the $10 offer magically disappears.
Select the PS3 or Xbox and it comes back.

I don't understand why you people think this is going to drop like a rock. Batman is more popular than ever at this frame of time. This game could ride on the coat tails of TDK for awhile and be just fine. Even without that extra help though the game is absolutely fantastic, and is going to sell a bunch. Batman isn't just some random no name video game character. Hes the most popular super hero around right now.

[quote name='skubish']they probably overstocked Batman like crazy. It seems like a good game but I think it has no staying power and will drop like a stone.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's true here. This is a strong word-of-mouth game. It's a game that your friends play and tell you how great it is.

Lol, Amazon's procrastination in shipping my game may pay off. They raised the price of the PS3 version by $1 though, so after coupon comparison it's really only a $4.10 difference. Hell, I may just cancel my order altogether since this game seems to be in a race to hit the bargain bin and I'm really in no hurry to play it. Now that I think about it, that's the route to go.

Thanks Amazon, your poor processing service has proved useful after all!

Cant complain saving a $10 off retail!
smile.gif

I e-mailed them about this. That's really messed up. I mean, at least wait a few weeks after the game has come out :lol: This should have been a pre-order bonus, though.

[quote name='lilboo']I e-mailed them about this. That's really messed up. I mean, at least wait a few weeks after the game has come out :lol: This should have been a pre-order bonus, though.[/QUOTE]

Also did the same. Anxious to see their response.

I saw this posted this morning and I also pre ordered the game with release date delivery. I e-mailed Amazon this morning and got this reply:

"Hello,

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've requested a refund of $10 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete.

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

Preorders from amazon got $5 instant savings, a comic book, and $5 worth of mp3's. Better than $10 GC imo.

[quote name='Zimmy']That is a big N-O.

Go to the link, when you select the PC version, the $10 offer magically disappears.
Select the PS3 or Xbox and it comes back.[/QUOTE]

I guess I can't say I'm surprised. PC versions of games often get treated as if they don't exist.

[quote name='locashcrimering']I saw this posted this morning and I also pre ordered the game with release date delivery. I e-mailed Amazon this morning and got this reply:
[/QUOTE]
Nice. I'll go ahead and try that. No harm in asking I guess.

stupid amazon says it shipped monday yet no Sign of it at the post. 3 days later and not even in the system. I'm offically sick of Amazon they have lost my business.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Nice. I'll go ahead and try that. No harm in asking I guess.[/QUOTE]

I just gave it a shot as well. We will see what they say. Already only cost me 42 bucks w/5 dollars in MP3 credit. Another 10 back would be icing on the cake!

[quote name='locashcrimering']I saw this posted this morning and I also pre ordered the game with release date delivery. I e-mailed Amazon this morning and got this reply:

"Hello,

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've requested a refund of $10 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete.

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon."[/QUOTE]
So wait, they ARE issuing $10 credits to orders that have not shipped yet? That would bring my order to ~$30, which I don't see a Black Friday deal beating. I'll get on the horn right now!

I agree and Im waiting it out. Gamestop locater shows 3 used PS3 copies available already in the Houston area.

bread's done
Back