Amazon: Buy Batman AA Get $10 GC.

Estebon

Banned
Didn't see it posted anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QCWRWK/ref=xs_gb_bd_DsB!VEJAall-?pf_rd_p=441937801&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YQZZJ70B7BBGXZ7V45V

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vortextk']Everyone who is getting the 10$ extra back/as credit, you all called or e-mailed?[/QUOTE]

He emailed. I backtracked his first post from the 2nd page of this thread. It also apparently takes a long time for people to get a response from them via email...roughly 5-8 hours. I sent Amazon 2 emails. The first one regarding the $10 GC...the second reiterating the issue while reminding them that I am aware they are either refunding or applying the promo to customers in my exact situation.

If they refuse...I will keep going, and going until I get it. Since they have already given it to many here...they have no credible excuse not to give it to anyone else who asks that are in the exact same situation.

i didnt get my $10 refund as credit. instead, they just knocked off $10 on the price of my game order:

"However in order to compensate the inconvenience,I've made an exception to our standard policy, I've reduced the cost of your item "Batman: Arkham Asylum" by $10.00."

Yay! $41.99 (preorder ps3 price - $10) - $5 coupon - ECA!

[quote name='Vortextk']Everyone who is getting the 10$ extra back/as credit, you all called or e-mailed?[/QUOTE]

I called, 3 total times, till I got someone who had a decent grasp of the English language.

[quote name='tonyau']i didnt get my $10 refund as credit. instead, they just knocked off $10 on the price of my game order:

"However in order to compensate the inconvenience,I've made an exception to our standard policy, I've reduced the cost of your item "Batman: Arkham Asylum" by $10.00."

Yay! $41.99 (preorder ps3 price - $10) - $5 coupon - ECA![/QUOTE]

Tony...roughly how long did it take for them to reply to your email request? Thanks!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Tony...roughly how long did it take for them to reply to your email request? Thanks![/QUOTE]

quickly enough; about half a day. they actually sent me two of the same emails... unfortunately they did not apply the $10 discount twice...:roll:

[quote name='tonyau']quickly enough; about half a day. they actually sent me two of the same emails... unfortunately they did not apply the $10 discount twice...:roll:[/QUOTE]

lulz! Thanks man. I guess I have a few more hours to go then...I hate waiting. :(

I got my $10.
I paid with credit anyway, so they refunded me $10 of my credit back.

So now, after coupon and ECA I'm down to paying $33 (in credit, lol) for this game.
Because I never do this, I even said my game case was damaged, and they are refunding me 20% of that. I'll post when I get that amount.

Overall, what a deal! :lol:

I preordered Batman AA @ $51.99 - $5 coupon code = $46.99 with free super saver shipping (I'm really cheap), got the free comic book (likely a small artbook), and $5 mp3 credit.

Emailed to complain and ~10 hr later received an email replied that I would be receiving the $10 GC promotion. Thanks for the post!

[quote name='lilboo']I got my $10.
I paid with credit anyway, so they refunded me $10 of my credit back.

So now, after coupon and ECA I'm down to paying $33 (in credit, lol) for this game.
Because I never do this, I even said my game case was damaged, and they are refunding me 20% of that. I'll post when I get that amount.

Overall, what a deal! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Was the case really damaged? ;)

Mine hasn't even shipped yet so they better be flowing me that $10, or sheer fury will protrude out of every pore of my being...

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Was the case really damaged? ;)

Mine hasn't even shipped yet so they better be flowing me that $10, or sheer fury will protrude out of every pore of my being...[/QUOTE]

If you pre-ordered the game you won't be getting that promo unless you make a stink about it.

[quote name='bgnatedg']I preordered Batman AA @ $51.99 - $5 coupon code = $46.99 with free super saver shipping (I'm really cheap), got the free comic book (likely a small artbook), and $5 mp3 credit.

Emailed to complain and ~10 hr later received an email replied that I would be receiving the $10 GC promotion. Thanks for the post![/QUOTE]

As you can see Saix_XIII, bgnatedg pre-ordered the game and he received the $10. And if you read the posts of others here, it appears they pre-ordered as well and still received the $10 promo.

Yes like I said, he made a stink about it, as did I. They called/emailed CS about it. The $10 wasn't given to them automatically.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yes like I said, he made a stink about it, as did I. They called/emailed CS about it. The $10 wasn't given to them automatically.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes...obviously. I did write them by email...twice actually. First one to make a complain...the second one to let them know that I am aware they have already applied/credited $10 to other customers for the exact same issue.

[quote name='bgnatedg']I preordered Batman AA @ $51.99 - $5 coupon code = $46.99 with free super saver shipping (I'm really cheap), got the free comic book (likely a small artbook), and $5 mp3 credit.

Emailed to complain and ~10 hr later received an email replied that I would be receiving the $10 GC promotion. Thanks for the post![/QUOTE]

Nice.

I was rejected the first time and in my second email I sent off about 3 hours ago I said I was angry lol Hopefully that works.

I just called customer service and had somewhat of a difficult time getting it applied, but eventually got it. :)

Gist of my conversation:

Me: Hi, I'd like to get the new $10 promotion for Batman Arkham Asylum applied to my order.
Rep: I'm sorry, we can't do that because your order has already shipped. You can return the item and then order it again for the promotion.
Me: That doesn't make sense -- me returning it would be a hassle for both myself and Amazon. There must be a way to get it applied. Is there anyone in your office with the authority to do so?
Rep: Let me fiddle with your account a bit more and try. May I place you on hold?
Me: Sure, thanks.

(couple minutes later)

Rep: Alright sir, I can apply a $5 promotion to your order.
Me: Why only $5?
Rep: Because you had a $5 MP3 promotion when you first ordered.
Me: Well, I'm honestly never going to use that, so can you remove it and give me the full $10 video game promotion?
Rep: Alright sir, I was able to apply the full $10 promotion to your account in addition to the $5 MP3 credit.
Me: Excellent, thanks for your time!

Morale of the story: Don't be afraid to push, but do it nicely. Stay polite. These are the people trying to help you out... yes, I hinted that I wanted to speak to a manager, but I didn't stress it or yell at the rep in any way. The transcript here is really shortened, the actual conversation between me and the rep was rather long, but my tone of voice was pleasant, a bit inquisitive, and definitely not complaintive.

Good luck everyone!

[quote name='zohar']Me: Hi, I'd like to get the new $10 promotion for Batman Arkham Asylum applied to my order.
Rep: I'm sorry, we can't do that because your order has already shipped. You can return the item and then order it again for the promotion.
Me: That doesn't make sense -- me returning it would be a hassle for both myself and Amazon. There must be a way to get it applied. Is there anyone in your office with the authority to do so?
Rep: Let me fiddle with your account a bit more and try. May I place you on hold?
Me: Sure, thanks.[/QUOTE]
Ha, I love it when they try to pull that. It makes no sense at all and it always takes a supervisor to get approved.

Wow Amazon are fucking retarded. It's actually outrageous how stupid their customer service is.

My email:
Hello,

I recently ordered Batman: Arkham Asylum a few days ago, and I noticed today that a $10 gift card promotion is being offered by Amazon for purchasing this game. I wanted to know if it was possible to apply this promotion to my order, especially since it has not shipped yet. Thanks.

Their reply:
Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I have investigated your order and can assure you that $10.00 of promotional funds were applied to this order.

Here are the details:

Order Total: $52.99
Shipping & Handling: $ 4.49
Total Promotions Applied: - $14.79 ($10.00 item promotion & $4.49 Free Shipping)
=============================
Order Total: $42.69
=============================

The remaining $42.69 will be charged to your credit card.

Unbelievable. I guess I have to call them and hope they're not as dumb over the phone.

Meh. I hate customers enough that I'm not going to call about this. I feel like it's taking advantage of the system and I deal with that shit enough at work. I'm cheap but apparently not that cheap.

Hmm... So I called and she said that I am probably going to receive it anyway even though I ordered on the 24th. And to check my Amazon account two days after it ships. If it's not there, she said to call back. But apparently she didn't have to do anything. Wtf. Pretty contrary to what you guys are saying.

It seems people are having varying degrees of success in their efforts with Amazon's customer service, as would be expected (different CS representitives, order placement times, shipped/unshipped, etc). So I thought it would be helpful to explicitly list my deal with Amazon on this game.

Preordered August 24th @ $46.99 (free super saver shipping, $5 instant coupon, artbook, $5 mp3 credit). The game is not shipped and is not estimated to be shipped until Aug 31.

Emailed CS this morning about the $10 gift card as follows:

Hello,
I ordered this item a couple of days ago. When I was browsing your site today I saw that the item now has a $10 promotional offer. Will this promotion be added to my order, or should I cancel my order?
Thanks...

Received an email ~10 hrs later which read:

Hello,
I checked your order and found that $10 promotion will be applied to your order.
As indicated in the online description of the "Batman: Arkham Asylum" offer, we will send your promotional certificate via e-mail 2 days after the order ships.
If your order meets all of the offer's terms and conditions, you should be receiving your promotional certificate by September 2.
If you have not received your certificate by this date, please let us know by filling out the e-mail form on this page:...

Hope this helps. We will see if I get my gift card come September 2.

[quote name='Vortextk']Meh. I hate customers enough that I'm not going to call about this. I feel like it's taking advantage of the system and I deal with that shit enough at work. I'm cheap but apparently not that cheap.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe this is taking advantage of the system. Had this come maybe a few weeks after the release, then yeah, definitely. But this came out pretty much right after preorders ended, effectively punishing customers for placing orders early. Getting this promotion applied is much like the preorder price guarantee. Applying the promotion for Amazon is actually easier for them, since otherwise I know some people would go through the trouble or returning it, and rebuying it for the discount (this is even actually what CS told me to do at first).

[quote name='robpe36']Hmm... So I called and she said that I am probably going to receive it anyway even though I ordered on the 24th. And to check my Amazon account two days after it ships. If it's not there, she said to call back. But apparently she didn't have to do anything. Wtf. Pretty contrary to what you guys are saying.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like she was just confused or trying to get out of the conversation. She might have just assumed that you were impatient and didn't wait to get the GC (since Amazon does have a delay on them, and it must be common for people to complain). I'd say give them another call...

I emailed once. Couple hours later, I got an email saying they were going to refund $10 back to my credit card. Very straightforward, very simple.

I've always found email to be easier than calling with respect to online merchants (like Amazon or Buy).

I want to try to get the $10 credit. The Amazon account is with my dad's work email. Would I have to send the email from his email account? Would it just be easier to call CS?

Though I haven't received an email yet...I decided to check my order on my Amazon account.

Lo' and behold! At the bottom of my order:

Refund date: August 27, 2009 Refund Amount: $10.00

I believe they just credited my CC back $10.00 rather than give me the Amazon Gift Card. So total cost for the game was $36.99 and I believe I still got the $5 mp3 promo as well. Woohoo! :)

Yep emailed customer service myself and will receive a $10 refund within 2-3 days. This makes the game plus the $5 MP3 credit for a grand total of $5.79 in Amazon Credit!

This works for PC pre-orders!

Hello,

I'm sorry, but in order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period, while supplies last.

However, due to the circumstances surrounding your order, I have made an exception to our standard policy.

I've reduced the cost of your item by $10.00. You'll be charged only $33.99 for this item when it ships.

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Item(s) Subtotal: $33.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$3.40 (ECA)
Promotion Applied: -$5.00 (5OFFARKHAM or whatever the coupon was)
-----
Total Before Tax: $25.59
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $25.59

Minus the $5 MP3 credit... Essentially picked this up for 20 bucks. That's AWESOME; technically this promotion isn't even being offered for the PC version.

I've STILL never paid more than $35 for a game, ever. My cheapness remains intact.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']...and I just got the confirmation email. Yup...$10 will be credited back to my CC in 2-3 days.

Love it! Amazon FTMFW!!![/QUOTE]

Hmm.. I will have to keep an eye on it since I did not use a CC to pay for the game and the CS rep said the refund would go to the credit card (?).

The CS rep told me I'd get a $10 gift card and not a refund. The refund would be nice, but I guess I'll put the $10 gift card down towards NBA 2K10.

[quote name='Vegan']This works for PC pre-orders!

Item(s) Subtotal: $33.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$3.40 (ECA)
Promotion Applied: -$5.00 (5OFFARKHAM or whatever the coupon was)
-----
Total Before Tax: $25.59
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $25.59

Minus the $5 MP3 credit... Essentially picked this up for 20 bucks. That's AWESOME; technically this promotion isn't even being offered for the PC version.

I've STILL never paid more than $35 for a game, ever. My cheapness remains intact.[/QUOTE]

yep - got, basically, that same email. :)

I emailed for the PC pre-order and got the following:

Hello from Amazon.com.

As indicated in the online description of the "Batman: Arkham Asylum" offer, we will send your promotional certificate via e-mail after the order ships. However its not possible to apply this $10 off credit to this order.

If you have not received your certificate by this date, please let us know by filling out the e-mail form on this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/pricing-and-promotions.html/

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.
========================================================

Ah well, I tried. Wonder if they'll give me a $10 gift card if I forward them this email once I get the game as I'm pretty sure it won't automatically apply like he says.

[quote name='thenockmlb']Hmm.. I will have to keep an eye on it since I did not use a CC to pay for the game and the CS rep said the refund would go to the credit card (?).[/QUOTE]

If you used a debit card...it's treated like a credit card when ordering, and thus, crediting back your debit card/bank account.

Now...if you didn't use either and used only Amazon gift cards....then I'm not sure how you would get that $10. I'd email them back again about that.

Wow. Stumbled across this last night, shot off an email, and got another $10 refunded.

I have now paid $22 shipped, after tax, for the Collector's Edition.

($90 - 50% coupon ($45) - 10% ECA ($9) - $5 coupon - $10 GC)

Amazing.

[quote name='lilboo']Wait, I never got a comic book. Did that ship separately or something??? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nah, if they had enough in stock and you received it, it should be in the game case itself, behind the instruction booklet. Yeah, I also thought it would be a full-sized normal comic, but I'm not complaining. :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']Wait, I never got a comic book. Did that ship separately or something??? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Check behind your instruction manual.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']If you used a debit card...it's treated like a credit card when ordering, and thus, crediting back your debit card/bank account.

Now...if you didn't use either and used only Amazon gift cards....then I'm not sure how you would get that $10. I'd email them back again about that.[/QUOTE]

It was Amazon gift cards only, so I sent them another email.

I'm sorry you haven't received this $10 gift certificate.

To correct this error, I'd like to give you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help page

[quote name='thenockmlb']It was Amazon gift cards only, so I sent them another email.[/QUOTE]
I used my gift card balance as well and they said that $10 will be refunded to my balance. The balance hasn't changed yet, but it does show a $10 refund on the order summary page. It might take a day for it to get there, but I'm sure it will show up.

$52 - 26 (50% off) - 5 (coupon) - 10 (promo) = $11

Thank you Amazon!

Just got my $10, they just dropped that much credit into my account. :)

This is awesome, this means I got the CE for $66 after the $5 off & ECA - that's what I would have paid for the normal version if I had bought it locally, after tax.

Sent them a message around 8:30 last night, got an email this morning telling me that 10 bucks will be refunded to my Credit Card. Amazon is awesome.

Yep.....I e-mailed them also last night and my Visa is getting credited $10.

After all is said and done (coupon, ECA, GC, refund).....I ended paying $20.30 for Batman.

bread's done
Back