Amazon: Buy Batman AA Get $10 GC.

Estebon

Banned
Didn't see it posted anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QCWRWK/ref=xs_gb_bd_DsB!VEJAall-?pf_rd_p=441937801&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YQZZJ70B7BBGXZ7V45V

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the e-mail back from CS this morning--they're putting a $10 promotional credit in my account.

Amazon definitely went above and beyond on this one--I got the game for 42 on release day and now have the promotional credit on top of that. Great deal!

Did anyone actually receive the game yet and still get the $10 back? I emailed last night but they said no, and after seeing all of you guys get $10 off, I want to try again, but I already have the game so I am wondering if that affects things?

I want at least like $5 back, because I would have gladly waited to order it if I knew there was going to be a better promotion.

[quote name='bcb4589']Did anyone actually receive the game yet and still get the $10 back? I emailed last night but they said no, and after seeing all of you guys get $10 off, I want to try again, but I already have the game so I am wondering if that affects things?

I want at least like $5 back, because I would have gladly waited to order it if I knew there was going to be a better promotion.[/QUOTE]

i got it release day and got the 10 dollar refund. i just emailed them saying i didn't get the promotion despite it being listed on the site(i didnt point out the fact the promo wasnt their when i ordered).

^, Oh lol, I already told them I ordered it before, so I am probably screwed, but now I am going to write and email and tell them that I am not happy, I think my first one was to nice.

I emailed last night, got the credit this morning. I received the game on release date, but just pointed out that the credit a few days after release dissuades me from doing future preorders. They argued a bit in their email but concluded that the promotion period was not specified on the site so they gave the full credit. I have never had a bad experience with Amazon.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Sent them a message around 8:30 last night, got an email this morning telling me that 10 bucks will be refunded to my Credit Card. Amazon is awesome.[/QUOTE]
Same for me. Sweet.

I just sent them another email, and said that I know there are other people getting $10 back and that I don't know why I should preorder anything anymore if they are going to have a better promotion the day after release. So we will see what happens.

I emailed last night, and just got an email that my account was updated and the next game I order the $10 off will automatically be deducted.

So technically I paid $75 for my Collector's Edition, using just the Amazon reduced price on the item, the $5.00 ComicCon code, and this $10 promo code.

If I bought the standard version in a store around here it would be $65 with tax, so basically I got the Collector's Edition extras for $10.

EDIT: Just tested out putting a game in my shopping cart and a $10.00 credit appears at checkout. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='addicted2games']It amazes me that Amazon is doing price adjustments after the game has shipped. They stopped that months ago.[/QUOTE]

I tried a price adjust when Blue Thunder blu ray went from $19.99 to $10.99. No dice. Congrats to those who are getting the adjust though.

My pre order hasn't shipped yet. The reply I got from Amazon was to click email link to notify once it has shipped and they will then credit me $10.
Holy Cheap Ass Deal, Batman!

My e-mail:
Greetings,

I recently pre-ordered Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PS3 and today a new promotional $10 video games credit began. The promotion is as follows:

Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Will I receive this promotion since my order has not shipped yet, or will I need to cancel and re-order the game in order to be eligible? My only concern with having to re-order would be losing my place in line for processing/shipping.

Thanks for your help in this matter!
Then the response ~8 hours later:
Hello,

I'm sorry, but in order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period, while supplies last.

Because, I've made an exception to our standard policy. To correct this error, I've reduced the cost of your order by $41.99.

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Then I checked my order to confirm the changes:

Subtotal of Items: $41.99
Shipping & Handling:
$4.49
Super Saver Discount:
-$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$4.20
Promotion Applied:
-$5.00
Promotion Applied:
-$30.00
------
Total:
$2.79
Gift Cards:
-$2.79
------

Total for this Order:
$-9.00

So by this method I actually only got $9 back since they recalculated the ECA coupon, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. I'm pretty happy with how it all came together and I'll never knock Amazon's slow processing again!

My advice for orders that have not shipped, explain the situation just as I did. You have considerably more leverage since the item is not in your hands yet. For people who have received their game, just tell them you have not received the promotion at least two days afterward. Good luck!

I'm happy, they charged my credit card back an additional 10 bucks (pays to ask). So 52 - 15 = $37.00, no tax, no shipping. Better deal than Toys R Us to me since I'd be spending more on another game with the 30 credit and have to pay tax...

Sent a note yesterday, and they responded saying it looks like the promotion is already in my account, which is not the case. I am guessing they are confused with an ECA code I have already added in the account from a recent cancellation.

They did say I was eligible in their response so hopefully it will pay off in the end.

Here is what they said:

"I do apologize for any misunderstanding that they may have been about this offer. As stated in the offer:

Get a $10 Video Games Credit

I've checked your account and can assure you that your $10 promotional certificate has been automatically redeemed onto your
account. You will not receive a claim code."

I got an extra $10.60 in my account for my ..damaged..case :lol:
So I paid $22.09 in Amazon credit for this game. Very nice.

Now I hope I can beat this ASAP, and they have it as a "trade in of the day" for like $25+ :bouncy:

Add me to the list of people who have received the $10 credit. Just more reason that Amazon is the best online retailer ever.

Sent an email last night after getting batman on release day and they refunded my gift card balance $10 this morning. :D

I'm disturbed by the outright fraud that some people are committing, reporting damaged cases that are not actually damaged. And to think that you people complain about Fat Wallet.

Screw it lol sent one more email...third times a charm!

I thought that one dudes case really was partially damaged and I have not seen anyone else here do that.

[quote name='Vegan']I'm disturbed by the outright fraud that some people are committing, reporting damaged cases that are not actually damaged. And to think that you people complain about Fat Wallet.[/QUOTE]
No one is reporting a damaged case except lilboo as far as I have seen. Amazon added a new promotion to the Batman Arkham Asylum page offering a $10 promotional credit if you buy the game. Some of us who preordered are e-mailing them about this promotion and they are allowing some of us to get the credit for it or a refund of the difference.

[quote name='Vegan']I'm disturbed by the outright fraud that some people are committing, reporting damaged cases that are not actually damaged. And to think that you people complain about Fat Wallet.[/QUOTE]
Have you read the other pages?or just this last page? You really need to get your facts straight before you start accusing people of fraud.

I sent them an e-mail too. I didn't mention that others have done the same and received either a $10 credit to their purchase or a $10 promotional code for a future purchase. I'll save that for the next e-mail if they deny me.

Also, I mentioned their policy of matching all prices and promotional offers for pre-orders. I then said that $10 promotion was offered before the game was shipped (I just got the e-mail confirming that today).

I pre-ordered way back on Aug. 6th with super saving shipping and didn't receive a shipping notice til 3am today. Estimated arrival is Sept. 4th, which is pretty lame. And to top that off, my order isn't even showing up on my account at all at the moment, which is strange. I went ahead and emailed them about the $10 promo, so we'll see how that goes.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Also, I mentioned their policy of matching all prices and promotional offers for pre-orders. I then said that $10 promotion was offered before the game was shipped (I just got the e-mail confirming that today).[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to this policy?

Eh to be honest there was a little bang up on it. Nothing really major, but I figure I never complain about that shit so why not get a few extra bucks. So no, no true fraud on my end. :p

[quote name='n00bie']I emailed them last night and today they replied and said they'd send me a promo certificate for $10 by the 31st.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Here's how my call went down:

Me: Hi, I purchased B:AA and I see that Amazon is offering a $10 video game credit promotion. Could I get this applied to my previous order?
Operator: Let me check...it says you already received a $10.30 promotion for this game and paid $42.xx
Me: Yes, but those were 2 separate promotions worth $5 and $5.30.
Operator: It says you received one for $10.30.
Me: Total, yes. But they were two separate promotions. One was a $5 coupon Amazon offered for pre-ordering the game. Another was a 10% discount I get from a membership to an organization. I want to know if I can get this $10 video game credit that Amazon is offering now to be applied to my order.
Operator: But you already receieved a $10.30 discount.
Me: Yes, but that is different. Amazon is offering a $10 video game credit, not discount. This would be a $10 discount on a future video game purchase.
Operator: Hold on please......Ok. Because you ordered this game before the promotion, you won't receive it.
Me: That's not really fair to me though because I pre-ordered the game from you guys and this promotion was added just days after the game was released. I don't really think it's fair.
Operator: Ok did you receive a promotion code from ordering?
Me: No. I ordered before this current $10 video game credit promotion. I wanted to know if I could apply it to my order by either receiving a $10 discount on this game or one in the future.
Operator: Hold on please...Ok, a $10 discount will be applied to a future video game order.
Me: Thank you.
I don't really believe her so I will try emailing. It was pretty ridiculous that I had to explain my $10.30 discount from the coupon and ECA.

Emailed again to complain about not getting the credit, and they said they would just apply a $10 refund to my order. Getting a critically acclaimed $60 title on day one for $32 feels pretty nice. :)

[quote name='icedrake523']Here's how my call went down:

I don't really believe her so I will try emailing. It was pretty ridiculous that I had to explain my $10.30 discount from the coupon and ECA.[/QUOTE]

I got basically the same response over the phone. She forwarded the request for the $10 credit to the "promotions department". I am somewhat skeptical that this will go through given that she tried to claim my ECA discount and coupon for a little over $10 was somehow the $10 credit under the promo. I do have to say that Amazon has really gone downhill in how they are handling customer service these days. It used to be that they would respond to e-mails in a few hours and the phone people actually seemed very well trained and aware of things. Now, it takes days to get a response and the phone people are clearly outsourced and not very well trained. The fact that they are suggesting to people that they return the game (at Amazon's expense by the way) and rebuy to get the credit is pure stupidity. It will cost Amazon probably $20-$25 to ship it back, handle the return and reship the new game.

Well after last night complaining to CC I got a $10 promotion.

Then the two emails I sent out yesterday I have gotten the following responses:

"I am sorry but the promotion has passed"

then

"The promotion has passed but because we value your business so much here is $10"

So Batman: AA for $42 - $10 GC - $10 Customer Service Complaints = fucking happy me

I sent them an email and they said they refunded $10 to my gift card, but it hasnt showed up on my balance yet. Has anyones?

I bought the game early and it had already shipped once this promotion started but I emailed Amazon and they gave me $10 credit towards my next purchase. Awesome.

[quote name='stonciddta']I sent them an email and they said they refunded $10 to my gift card, but it hasnt showed up on my balance yet. Has anyones?[/QUOTE]
Mine has not, but only because the order has not shipped yet.

[quote name='stonciddta']I sent them an email and they said they refunded $10 to my gift card, but it hasnt showed up on my balance yet. Has anyones?[/QUOTE]

mine has. :) I emailed them at about noonish yesterday.

[quote name='bojay1997']I got basically the same response over the phone. She forwarded the request for the $10 credit to the "promotions department". I am somewhat skeptical that this will go through given that she tried to claim my ECA discount and coupon for a little over $10 was somehow the $10 credit under the promo. I do have to say that Amazon has really gone downhill in how they are handling customer service these days. It used to be that they would respond to e-mails in a few hours and the phone people actually seemed very well trained and aware of things. Now, it takes days to get a response and the phone people are clearly outsourced and not very well trained.[/QUOTE]
I tried explaining they were 2 separate promotions but she didn't get it. She was completely bewildered at the ECA discount. I didn't say it's the ECA, only that I'm a member of something and get 10% off game purchases. She couldn't seem to grasp that a $10 video game credit wasn't the same as a $10.30 discount.

I'll have to see if I got anything. I doubt it though. I would call or email again but I don't want them to think I'm trying to get it twice.

The fact that they are suggesting to people that they return the game (at Amazon's expense by the way) and rebuy to get the credit is pure stupidity. It will cost Amazon probably $20-$25 to ship it back, handle the return and reship the new game.
She didn't suggest I return it and I wish she did so I could point out how dumb it'd be. She did say I'd have to reorder the game to get this promotion which is silly because I already have the game. Why would I want it again?

Does Amazon allow free returns? I returned something once last year and had to pay about $6 I think.

damn aint amazon's customer service like 10x better than of gamestops? wonder what gamestop would do in this situation.

[quote name='j0ey0ey']damn aint amazon's customer service like 10x better than of gamestops? wonder what gamestop would do in this situation.[/QUOTE]

Not give a shit?

Yeah, sounds about right.

I got a reply to my email:

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry, but in order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period, while supplies last. This offer was valid starting August 26, 2009. We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of this promotional offer. Again, I am sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com."

Damn it. Now I have to wait even longer, send a second e-mail and hope to god I get my credit. I decided to pull the "others have gotten this promotional in similar situations to mine" card.

Hopefully, that situation works itself out.

I don't know if it helps, but in my email I ranted that it makes no sense to offer a better promo the week the game comes out, essentially screwing those that pre-ordered. Then I stated I won't be preordering anything in the future, then they gave me the 10 dollar credit to my card.

bread's done
Back