Amazon: Buy Batman AA Get $10 GC.

Estebon

Banned
Didn't see it posted anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QCWRWK/ref=xs_gb_bd_DsB!VEJAall-?pf_rd_p=441937801&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YQZZJ70B7BBGXZ7V45V

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW: in my email I just stated very calmly and rationally that I'd preordered BAA a few weeks ago and just found out that they were running a promo for a $10 GC with purchase of BAA. I asked if I qualified, and then hopefully added 'I do, right? :)' yes, with a smiley. :lol:

so i ordered my copy yesterday with 2 day shipping as part of the deal. i was just checking the status of the order, apparently it left kentucky at 4:45 PM today, and arrived in edison, new jersey at 4:46 PM. i think ups has developed some sort of instant teleportation device heh

[quote name='RedGamer']I got a reply to my email:

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry, but in order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period, while supplies last. This offer was valid starting August 26, 2009. We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of this promotional offer. Again, I am sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com."

Damn it. Now I have to wait even longer, send a second e-mail and hope to god I get my credit. I decided to pull the "others have gotten this promotional in similar situations to mine" card.

Hopefully, that situation works itself out.[/QUOTE]

That should work, I just got my $10.00 credit after the second email where I said basically the same thing about others getting the promotion. I am so happy, Amazon's customer service is great, though I bet they are kicking themselves for putting up that $10 credit so soon.

My final price for Batman Arkham Asylum: $52.99-$5.00-$5.30-$10(Madden Gift Card)-$10credit= $22.69 with tax (NY).

[quote name='RedGamer']I got a reply to my email:

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry, but in order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period, while supplies last. This offer was valid starting August 26, 2009. We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of this promotional offer. Again, I am sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.
"

Damn it. Now I have to wait even longer, send a second e-mail and hope to god I get my credit. I decided to pull the "others have gotten this promotional in similar situations to mine" card.

Hopefully, that situation works itself out.[/QUOTE]

I got my email response, and it matches yours word for word....I shot off another email.

Tip for you guys that have been rejected and are sending again. Be firm, but polite. Do not sound angry or it will take you straight to "The Land of No Refund".

I sent two emails. But I sent the second one before giving them time to deny my first email. In the second one I mentioned that I was a bit unhappy with the better promotion that was offered to customers over the weaker promotion that was offered to a loyal customer like myself for pre-ordering. I explained that I pre-ordered from them because I pride myself in being a loyal Amazon customer, and thought I was receiving the best deal from Amazon over all other retailers that were offering other promotions.

I explained I was disappointed, because as a loyal customer, I felt I was penalized, rather than rewarded, for pre-ordering through them. Not only that...but that I was unable to cancel my previous order even though it has yet to ship, to take advantage of the better deal $10 GC.

In the end...my order was in the middle of processing...they emailed me and instead of a GC hey refunded $10 back to my CC. I was fully satisifed that they did the right thing...and in turn...I remain a fully loyal customer that will always continue to buy from them over any other retailer. Kudos to Amazon...THIS is how customer service should be run!

Point is...don't be timid in asking for the $10GC/refund. If you act timid, they will see there's no danger in losing you. But if you make a hard case for them to break...explain the facts...and at the same time your utter disappointment in them to the point of losing confidence in them, they will most likely cave in to secure your future business.

I also hope Amazon learns from this fiasco. Had they released this promotion 2-3 weeks after the release date...so many loyal customers that pre-ordered from them wouldn't feel so cheated and utterly disappointed. As they say...timing is everything, for good or for ill.

They were really dumb to do this promo so soon. As you said, it screws over people who pre-ordered. On top of that, it's not really necessary. The game is getting rave reviews and some places have run out.

[quote name='RedGamer']Hopefully it works out for both of us. How are you liking Sacred 2?[/QUOTE]
Its great, but Im a sucker for loot

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Point is...don't be timid in asking for the $10GC/refund. If you act timid, they will see there's no danger in losing you. But if you make a hard case for them to break...explain the facts...and at the same time your utter disappointment in them to the point of losing confidence in them, they will most likely cave in to secure your future business.

I also hope Amazon learns from this fiasco. Had they released this promotion 2-3 weeks after the release date...so many loyal customers that pre-ordered from them wouldn't feel so cheated and utterly disappointed. As they say...timing is everything, for good or for ill.[/QUOTE]

Yep, this. I got my $10 promotional credit an hour or so ago.

I got a refund just for asking if my order qualified, but I wasnt going to push it farther than that. It doesnt make sense to get up in arms about receiving a promotion that not only was not valid when you ordered it, but a promotion that wasnt promised or advertised to anyone who pre-ordered.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I got a refund just for asking if my order qualified, but I wasnt going to push it farther than that. It doesnt make sense to get up in arms about receiving a promotion that not only was not valid when you ordered it, but a promotion that wasnt promised or advertised to anyone who pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]
Lol, so if a TV you bought two days ago suddenly went on sale, you'd sit on it because it wasn't promised or advertised? Yeah, keep talking hero. . .

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, so if a TV you bought two days ago suddenly went on sale, you'd sit on it because it wasn't promised or advertised? Yeah, keep talking hero. . .[/QUOTE]

Entitlement isn't law. You can feel the need to try and get your deal on but you made the choice to purchase something knowing full well it WILL get cheaper in the future, just because it happens very soon doesn't automatically earn you the right to gain back the difference in price.

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I’ve checked our website and see that currently we offer a $10 off a future video game purchase.

This offer is only valid to the customers who places the order during the specified promotion period, while supplies last. We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of this promotional offer. Again, I am sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.

As this offer is currently not clear on our website regarding the promotion period we’ve contacted the appropriate department to let us know this. In the mean time, as an exception I’ve issued a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

I hope that this solution is satisfactory to you.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

That's what I got. I've been extremely happy with Amazon's customer service. I'd think that firm but polite works best. I displayed a little timidness in my email to them, and I got the promotional credit. I guess it's really a combination of luck and the CS rep you get.

If it helps, I wrote:
"Hello. I recently viewed this item on Amazon after it was delivered and noticed that there is another video game promotion offering $10 video game credit for purchases. If it isn't too much trouble, I was hoping to ask if I may have this promotion applied to my purchase as well, despite it already being shipped. I'm sorry if this is any inconvenience, and I appreciate any assistance provided. I've dealt with Amazon for a lot of purchases, and any problems arising from this matter will not change my purchasing preferences away from Amazon. Thank you in advance."
Just don't go copying and pasting. =P

Has anyone who got an Email stating they would get a code (via Email) by 10/31 for $10 off their next purchase gotten one yet?

I just checked with Uncharted II. It works for me. It asked if I wanted to use my $15.70 gift and promotional certificates (I forgot I had an ECA code tied to my account, so that's where the extra $5.70 is from).

EDIT: As the email implied, my code works for everything and not just for video game stuff. I tried on a twilight book set (I like reading, and people around my keep on saying it's a good read. I didn't actually order it; I'll wait for a friend to let me borrow it or something). Got the $10 off for me.

[quote name='Vortextk']Entitlement isn't law. You can feel the need to try and get your deal on but you made the choice to purchase something knowing full well it WILL get cheaper in the future, just because it happens very soon doesn't automatically earn you the right to gain back the difference in price.[/QUOTE]
Actually, it does under most 30-day price guarantee policies. Whether you pursue it or not is a different story.

Whether or not you agree or disagree with the people here who choose to pursue getting this $10 credit, this is CAG, a place for getting cheap deals. If you can get $10 by stating the facts (which amazon has access to if you choose not to tell them) and they still give you the $10 is that not what CAG is about? I understand if you lie, cheat, and/or steal to get $10, but no one here is doing so. If you disagree with this then that is your morals. People are posting that they got the $10 not to force others to do it, but to spread the information and to help those seeking this offer on an order they already placed.

I personally went after this $10 and got it because at the time the offer was live on the site my order hadn't even shipped. In fact my order shipped just last night, I'll be getting my game almost a full week after it was released. I know of other people who used FSSS and are getting their copy tomorrow or have already gotten it. Because amazon states that people get the $10 two business days after the game ships I believe I was within amazons stated rules because my game had no yet shipped. If my game was in transit or I had it in my hands when this offer was posted I would not have cared since my window of opportunity was gone.

The CSR apologized and immediately issued the promotional credit to my account. (note: my request was super polite)

Amazon is the best. :bouncy:

[quote name='fusion0fangels']
If it helps, I wrote:
"Hello. I recently viewed this item on Amazon after it was delivered and noticed that there is another video game promotion offering $10 video game credit for purchases. If it isn't too much trouble, I was hoping to ask if I may have this promotion applied to my purchase as well, despite it already being shipped. I'm sorry if this is any inconvenience, and I appreciate any assistance provided. I've dealt with Amazon for a lot of purchases, and any problems arising from this matter will not change my purchasing preferences away from Amazon. Thank you in advance."
Just don't go copying and pasting. =P[/QUOTE]
copy / pasted - thanks!

[quote name='Jodou']Actually, it does under most 30-day price guarantee policies. Whether you pursue it or not is a different story.[/QUOTE]

And Amazon no longer offers their post price guarantee, in fact they stopped doing it over a year ago, so no no one who ordered the game before August 26th is entitled to anything other than the $5 dollar credit to the Amazon MP3store.

I dont have a problem with trying to get the discount, like I said I just asked if I could get it and they gave it to me. I do have an issue though with people raising hell over getting the game for the best price anywhere before even factroring the credit like Amazon owes it to them.

Glad to see so many are having good results with this! I just fired off my own email to Amazon, noting that my game shipped after the new promotion began and that I was unable to cancel/reorder as their system had everything stuck in limbo for a week. Hopefully it goes through without a hitch. All said and done I'd have the game for $18.99 out of pocket ($51.99 - $5 - $18 GC - $10 promo = $18.99)

I also made sure to let them know (in a nice way) that I have ordered two games through them since placing my preorder for Batman plus I plan on purchasing additional games through the end of the year.

[quote name='Vortextk']Entitlement isn't law. You can feel the need to try and get your deal on but you made the choice to purchase something knowing full well it WILL get cheaper in the future, just because it happens very soon doesn't automatically earn you the right to gain back the difference in price.[/QUOTE]

I believe that in some states a price-drop guarantee for a certain number of days is law.

They refunded $10 to my gift card account after my email. Took about 8 hours total. Thanks to all who went before me, I saw the new promo a few days ago and was like damn, and was prepared to let it go till I saw everyone else getting it back :) well done.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']They refunded $10 to my gift card account after my email. Took about 8 hours total. Thanks to all who went before me, I saw the new promo a few days ago and was like damn, and was prepared to let it go till I saw everyone else getting it back :) well done.[/QUOTE]

same here... couldnt complain about the price before, and it's j ust awesome now. my order actually did ship on time but with the wrong shipping, so i got 10 for that too. 90 - 9 eca - 45 (50% coupon) - 5 coupon - 10 shipping - 10 gc = 11 bucks..

all i said was "is my order eligible for the $10 gc promotion" and the next thing i saw was a refund email.

[quote name='RedGamer']I'm still waiting for them to reply to my second email. If they reject -that- one, I might as well give up.[/QUOTE]

"Goonies NEVER say DIE!!!" :lol:

I was able to earn $10 back so that email thing worked. So Batman Arkham Asylum ended up costing $32 for me. I must say, Amazon has great customer service. Some months ago, my Ghostbusters Blu-Ray never came to my doorstop (due to theft most likely) and they immediately sent a new one to me after I reported it.

Worked like a charm! I've got a $10 credit sitting on my account waiting for a new purchase... Office Season 5 or Katamari Tribute...?

Well, my response from Amazon wasn't quite what I was hoping for:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

As indicated in the online description of the "Batman: Arkham Asylum" offer, we will send your promotional certificate via e-mail within 2 business days after the order ships.

If your order meets all of the offer's terms and conditions, you should be receiving your promotional certificate by August 30.

If you have not received your certificate by this date or if you need to contact us again regarding this issue, please let us know by filling out the e-mail form on this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/pricing-and-promotions.html/

For your reference, I have included the link to the offer below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E8VB6O

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

So, I'll email again in a couple of days I guess.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I do have an issue though with people raising hell over getting the game for the best price anywhere before even factroring the credit like Amazon owes it to them.[/QUOTE]
True, true. I'll be a little dissapointed if I don't get the $10 off code, but if people are raising hell over this little thing, I imagine they are only buying games once in a blue moon, because 80% of the time nobody does game deals better than Amazon.

Amazon is fantastic ...

This is the request ....
I pre-ordered Batman Arkham Asylum for PS3 on 8/10 which arrived three days ago 8/25. Now, I see that Amazon is offering a $10 video game credit - how come this was not offered to me as I pre-ordered. Can you please provide this to me as I buy a lot of games from Amazon.Com

Your website says, Get a $10 Video Games Credit - Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships

Thank you for your attention in this matter

This is the response ...
Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I’ve checked our website and see that currently we offer a $10 off a future video game purchase.

This offer is only valid to the customers who places the order during the specified promotion period, while supplies last. We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of this promotional offer. Again, I am sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.

As this offer is currently not clear on our website as for as the promotion period we’ve contacted the appropriate department to let us know this. In the mean time, as an exception I’ve issued a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

Sent my first email Thursday and never got a reply back. Sent a second one late last night explaining that I sent an email that was never answered and what the Batman situation was.

Received two emails back this morning. The first one was obviously in response to my first email that said basically, I was shit outta luck. Second email came just a few minutes ago saying they would be issuing me a $10 credit back to my credit card.

So if at first you don't succeed, try again!

[quote name='hhhdx4']And Amazon no longer offers their post price guarantee, in fact they stopped doing it over a year ago, so no no one who ordered the game before August 26th is entitled to anything other than the $5 dollar credit to the Amazon MP3store.[/QUOTE]You might have a case had they clearly outlined the promotional period, which they did not at first. For all people knew, it was running the whole time and they had not received theirs yet two days after shipping. For reference, this was the original statement:
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
They've now exercised their right to change the promotion to starting August 26th, so anyone trying to claim it now may be SOL.

At any rate, it's hardly worth arguing over since people were well within their right to claim the promotion.

Never got a reply to my first email. Sent another one this morning, was told I didn't meet the qualifications BUT they would make an exception and I'd see a $10 refund in the next few days.

Got my CE in today. I'm impressed with it. Worth 100? Not really, but I paid a tiny fraction of that. I went ahead and shot a short nice e-mail about the credit, and I got it. So I did eventually convert, heh. I can see how atleast asking, considering anyone that pre-ordered got the short end of the stick, wouldn't hurt. But if I would have gotten denied that would have been it.

All I said was something like I noticed this promo, was wondering if it would stack with my deal already since I pre-ordered it or if I could get it, and I got a stock e-mail that I've already read in this thread. 10$ was put back on my gift balance the next day.

Where do I go to ask for the $10 GC? I couldnt find customer service on the site. please help

edit: NVM found it at last

Log in to your Amazon account. Then click on help on the top right hand corner of the site. When that page loads up you should see contact us on the right side of the page.

Got shot down. I was told that it started on the 26th. Swell. Sent off another email explaining the situation. Hopefully they will issue me a credit.

"Hello,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence and your order. I understand you're concerned about the $10.00 promotion on the "Batman: Arkham Asylum" that you ordered on August 21, 2009, and I hope I can help.

I do understand that this order shipped few hours before the promotion was launched. However, as my colleague mentioned in previous email, we will be unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of this promotional offer.

Again, I am sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.

I hope this helps to explain things more clearly. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

fuck.

I want my credit, but this is getting on my nerves and I doubt a 3rd email will do any good.. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

"To Amazon.com Customer Service,

I have corresponded twice over the issue of the $10 promotion for "Batman: Arkham Asylum (360)"

This promotion was in-stated on the 26th under the following terms:

"Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

I contacted said two colleagues of yours at that time. The promotion period was not listed in the promotion on August 26th and 27th, just that the credit would be awarded two days after an order of Arkham Asylum is shipped.

As you can see for yourself in the previous guidelines of the promotion.

I was rejected this promotion, even though my order shipped on August 26th. It's been over two days since it was shipped, therefore I should have gotten this $10 promotional credit. Fair is fair, even if on August 29th, the promotion was changed to the 26th+.

I'm a bit upset over this whole situation, since I have now had to correspond with customer service for over two days over this issue. It shouldn't be an issue.

Amazon.com is my absolute favorite website for ordering video games and other products, it's also why I'm a bit peeved when I see it's not the company I thought it was.

I hope you guys can clear this up, because I do wish to continue shopping at Amazon.com for years to come, but not if it comes with hassles like this situation."

Is that a good response?

hm a little annoyed/confused with my shipping from amazon. i bought the game thursday night with 2 day shipping. it was shipped early friday morning and the expected date of delivery was monday. but it arrived in edison, nj the same day and that's only about 20 min away. since amazon usually gets here really fast i figured i'd have it today...but when i checked the status today though it says it arrived in parsippany, nj this morning, which is 40 min away..and nothing about edison at all, weird.

I tried twice with my PC preorder (ordered on the 24th, won't ship till it releases on the 15th) and both times they said it'll automatically apply to my account 2 days after shipping and in case it doesn't, they gave a link to contact. Hopefully even though I ordered before the promo became active, I can show these emails to them in case they don't give me the $10 GC.

Rejected for third time.....

Note to self, do not pre-order from Amazon, because a better promotion is just around the corner aka the day it releases

bread's done
Back