Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xsdeal']Just wait a few months, it will be $29.99 at Best Buy (like every other CE).[/QUOTE]Not every CE ends up being $29.99 at Best Buy. If they're big box ones, they may go that way, though not all of them do.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Any company with the balls to releasing something for $150 needs to go out of business.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately there's also the standard $60 version.

Thanks for the heads up OP. In for 2 PS3 copies. If it's not looking like a typical rare MGS LE then I'll cancel one, but I'm pretty confident I'll end up cutting thecost for my copy by eBaying the second one.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Any company with the balls to releasing something for $150 needs to go out of business.[/QUOTE]
In that case all cosmetics and luxury handbag companies should go out way before them:D

But seriously, this is too steep for my tastes.

If the black ops $180 bundle is sold out everywhere, Id be shocked if this thing doesnt get snagged up. Especially if previous history is any indicator.

[quote name='TooPoor']In that case all cosmetics and luxury handbag companies should go out way before them:D

But seriously, this is too steep for my tastes.[/QUOTE]

Food should also go out of business dammit :lol:

[quote name='xsdeal']Just wait a few months, it will be $29.99 at Best Buy (like every other CE/LE).[/QUOTE]

you obviously don't know what you are talking about. best buy isn't doing a preorder for the le.

If the previous track records of anything LE/CE from Platinum Games and anything Metal Gear is any indication, this will most likely be limited.

I was lucky enough to get the LE/CE version of Bayonetta (from AU) and a statue/special slip cover for Vanquish and those things I believe are rare.

I'd get on this personally, especially for the PS3 version.

Too lazy to make a full alright gentlemen meme, use your imagination

"Alright Gentlemen we need ideas for the new limited edition of Metal Gear Rising"

"Includes a small replica of Raiden, Snake, or a Metal Gear"

"Hmmmmmmm"

"Includes A LAMP"

"GASP!!!!"

The lamp looks really nice and all, but seriously where do they come with these ideas? Same the Mass Effect series, we never got a really good limited edition of those games

[quote name='def PD']If the previous track records of anything LE/CE from Platinum Games and anything Metal Gear is any indication, this will most likely be limited.

I was lucky enough to get the LE/CE version of Bayonetta (from AU) and a statue/special slip cover for Vanquish and those things I believe are rare.

I'd get on this personally, especially for the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]
I also agree, Konami & Platinum Games CE's have been pretty limited. Not sure how limited this will be but that Bayonetta gun looked pretty snazzy and actually cool unlike many of the crappy statues that come with CE's.

This lamp is also pretty nice but $149.99 just seems to much for me, I -might- get it, but I'll ponder on it for a little longer and see what happens though.

Unless that's some high quality lamp (ie, not made in China), I can't believe they're actually selling this for $150.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I can't believe people actually like that ugly ass lamp.[/QUOTE]

Your opinion. And it's a plasma lamp, just decor really. Also, I can definitely put this out and it would be a good conversation piece. I like this far better than getting another useless bland statue.

Not worth the extra money at the moment though.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Your opinion. And it's a plasma lamp, just decor really. Also, I can definitely put this out and it would be a good conversation piece. I like this far better than getting another useless bland statue.

Not worth the extra money at the moment though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, a great conversation piece. Provided that all of your friends are 14 and under, naturally.

Wait, already sold out? And I agree, that is an expensive lamp. It looks nice, but so did the Loot Chest in pictures. And that would looks pretty cool in my kids' room.

[quote name='Nochance']Yes, a great conversation piece. Provided that all of your friends are 14 and under, naturally.[/QUOTE]
Said the 14 year old kid

[quote name='LD_Helix']Said the 14 year old kid[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't make him wrong. I am also interested in what potential great conversation would result from this lamp.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wouldn't make him wrong. I am also interested in what potential great conversation would result from this lamp.[/QUOTE]
I dont really care for the lamp really, not until it get down in the 40ish price range. just respect other people's opinion.

as for conversation well....

80yrs in the future:

Boy:"Grandfather why do you have this weird looking light display? Don't you know everything is made out of laser these days?

Grandfather: "Well Jimmy to tell you where I got that lamp you going to have to understand the a little story of Metal Gear.."

Just saying.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wouldn't make him wrong. I am also interested in what potential great conversation would result from this lamp.[/QUOTE]

I guess you never had a conversation started from a lava lamp or any interesting looking piece of decor? Since it is a plasma lamp, you can play also with the lamp so while it may not lead to life changing conversation, it certainly would attract the attention of many guests probably asking "What is that?"

today- "NOT A DEAL, $150!? woulda bought it at $100-90-80..., wait til clearance Rabble rabble ramble etc"

next week or whenever it sells out- "WHAAAT!!! I WANTED THAT!!! HOW COULD THEY NOT MAKE MORE!!!!!!!!!! YOU MEAN I CAN'T GET IN NOW THAT I KNOW ITS RARE SO I CAN BUY 4 AND FLEECE PEOPLE ON EBAY FOR 4X RETAIL??!!!! " OH SHADY ASS RANDOM COMPANY HAS SOME FOR SALE, YAAYY LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!"

I woulda thought this dance got old with borderlands 2 :roll: how people think its any different here than at slick deals or fat wallet is beyond me.

The lamp looks like a cool display piece, so as long as it isnt shown to be a piece of crap, and the game gets a solid score, I'll keep my preorder.

[quote name='Nochance']Yes, a great conversation piece. Provided that all of your friends are 14 and under, naturally.[/QUOTE]

haha~ I'd have to kind of agree with this; I have a bit of CE/LE and gaming-related nerd swag, and aside from an exasperated expression and/or statement and follow-up questions (such as how much did this cost you, when did you get it, etc.), there's nothing really said beyond that with friends and acquaintances.

Then again, most of my friends are just as into video games and other nerd/geek culture as me (if not more). :lol:;)

I'm still going to spring for it since I love Metal Gear, Platinum Games, and lamp.

[quote name='LD_Helix']I dont really care for the lamp really, not until it get down in the 40ish price range. just respect other people's opinion.

as for conversation well....

80yrs in the future:

Boy:"Grandfather why do you have this weird looking light display? Don't you know everything is made out of laser these days?

Grandfather: "Well Jimmy to tell you where I got that lamp you going to have to understand the a little story of Metal Gear.."

Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Lighting/lamps have changed... ;)

I think the lamp looks cool, but I'm gonna stick with the standard copy I have pre-ordered on Newegg.

I usually get Metal Gear for both consoles, but I think I may have to just do this for one or the other. That price is just too steep.

Im sure it would cause conversation with people older than 14. Likely behind the owners back... Still counts though!

In for 1, my gaming den is a little dark anyway. (That Dishonored lamp that's the size of a USB memory stick just isn't going to cut it.)

Worse case situation I just cancel the pre-order and haven't lost anything. Best case it becomes rare and I can sell it back to all the doubters. :)

These collector's editions are getting out of hand. I used to buy a lot of collector's editions but they have increased in price over time and just added more and more junk inside the box. I've started trending away from collector's editions because of this, and just get the regular edition that will fit on my shelf and I don't have to find extra space. Actually, now I am more of a sucker for complete or goty or collections that take up even less space and fit more game content in the box.

[quote name='eXiON']I also agree, Konami & Platinum Games CE's have been pretty limited. Not sure how limited this will be but that Bayonetta gun looked pretty snazzy and actually cool unlike many of the crappy statues that come with CE's.

This lamp is also pretty nice but $149.99 just seems to much for me, I -might- get it, but I'll ponder on it for a little longer and see what happens though.[/QUOTE]

Now I remember what that gun is worth.... IN for one!

well i ordered 4. people seem to forget how easy it is to cancel an amazon pre-order. and you can always tell how rare collector's editions are going to be lately by how long before release they sell out.

oh and thanks tons for the heads up op. been waiting to get this pre-ordered. will probably only keep two preorders unless its selling for some crazy high price before release.

Out of stock already. Are you fucking kidding me.

FFFFFFFFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit: Ah, you can still order it. Good enough.

I don't really buy collectors editions anymore so I'll probably grab it regardless of the price. And I really want that lamp.

Besides if it turns out to be a dinky piece of crap or whatever, I can always cancel it. it's safe to say there will be an early unboxing of this.

[quote name='Joshe']do they charge you if you order while its out of stock?

i assume not, but want to make sure ._.[/QUOTE]

You don't get charged until it ships. But it does tie up your credit if you have that.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You don't get charged until it ships. But it does tie up your credit if you have that.[/QUOTE]

There's simple ways around that

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You don't get charged until it ships. But it does tie up your credit if you have that.[/QUOTE]

Explain this to me like i'm 12 :oops:

It puts a hold on you card?

I have no interest in a $100 lamp.

Okay more like $90 because of the steelcase but still. I'd pay $70 for the game with steelcase, if I were sure on preordering this game. I'm at least going to wait until after the demo.

[quote name='Joshe']Explain this to me like i'm 12 :oops:

It puts a hold on you card?[/QUOTE]

There is no hold. Amazon won't charge you until it ships.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I have no interest in a $100 lamp.

Okay more like $90 because of the steelcase but still. I'd pay $70 for the game with steelcase.[/QUOTE]

Great math skills.

$150 (Cost of LE) - $59.99 (MSRP of game) does not = $100

Edit: But don't feel bad you're at least the second person who can't subtract $60 from $150

bread's done
Back