Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']I usually get Metal Gear for both consoles, but I think I may have to just do this for one or the other. That price is just too steep.[/QUOTE]

Usually? There is precisely one multiplat MGS release this gen.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade...[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']... plasma lamp[/QUOTE]

#-o

[quote name='Joshe']Explain this to me like i'm 12 :oops:

It puts a hold on you card?[/QUOTE]

No hold. There might be an authorization charge but probably not if you've used the card with Amazon on previous purchases. Outside of that, they won't charge you until they ship.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Out of stock already. Are you fucking kidding me.

FFFFFFFFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit: Ah, you can still order it. Good enough.[/QUOTE]

lol I thought the same thing but i got sad instead of mad

I don't care if it's worth it or not, it's Metal Gear & resistance if futile :lol:

Also, to all the "lololol $90 lamp" people, that's not the only thing included. :roll: The Steelbook itself is also a nice addition. But yes, 'tis a bit overpriced.
But I still don't care

WTH is with these lamps? First Dishonered gives you a free oil whale Lamp when preordering from Bestbuy. and now Konami is bundling one in this Metal Gear LE for an extra $100.

Hold on maybe Amazon.com is putting the $150 list price, so they dont get burned like in the pass when they list an LE for $80, and then when price point is officially announced by publisher for $129.99, Amazon would in the past be held by their preorder guareenteed.

My guess is Konami hasent announced a price yet, and Amazon just put the high price point, so when Konami announces it for $79.99-$99.99, they wont eat the $30-$50 price difference.

needs artbook,movie,and a figures of Raiden and metal gear

[quote name='starmask2k3']looks like a small usb lamp[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it will be similar to Dishoner pre-order bonus from Bestbuy which is a Whale Oil Lamp/Hybrid USB Flash drive (at least I think flash drive) similar to the Diablo Skull flash drive in the Diablo 3 LE.

I change my mind about the lamp. It's actually a clever bonus after considering the game mechanics. If it was 100 this would be a killer LE for the fans.

[quote name='TooPoor']In that case all cosmetics and luxury handbag companies should go out way before them:D

But seriously, this is too steep for my tastes.[/QUOTE]

I meant video games.. Because I love my $199 ipod touch 4G and I curse Apple for the 5G!!!!!
But count me in for the 6G..

Thing is, the lamp might be worth $90 (depending on quality, materials, etc). Whether or not people want to spend an extra $90 for it is another story though, myself included. That being said, since they're packaged together (the game and the lamp), Metal Gear Rising's CE could very well be clearanced out for $50 at some point.

It's a bit of a gamble, nobody wants to buy another Skyrim or Gears of War 3 CE where they launch for $150 and you can get them along the way for $50. However, Platinum has never released a CE in the United States, and MGS HD (for the PS3 at least) and Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence's CE (though not as pricey) got very rare, very quickly. We'll have to wait and see.

it has got to be about 8-10 inches because that is definately a usb cable... and they refuse to put it near anything to compare it to.

sword enthusiasts really need to make a full size mgs raiden sword replica - which i would rather buy and display.

Last edited by a moderator:
think about it - it's for a console... they want it to be compatible with it and not take another plug off the outlet...

lol - i hope not either but i bet to make the most amount of profit margin it has to be + expensive - size.

i am at work and used a waterbottle as a ref compared to my keyboards usb cable.

[quote name='Joshe']Explain this to me like i'm 12 :oops:

It puts a hold on you card?[/QUOTE]

Let's say you have $100 of amazon credit from trading in games or what have you, if you decide to use that credit towards this LE it will tie up that $100 of credit unless you decide to cancel the preorder. I assume the way around that would be to preorder without the credit, and then maybe have CS apply it later on if it's sold out but you preordered and you do have credit?

That's what I believe they are referring to.

It looks great, I love Metal Gear, and I want it, but no way am I paying $150. I don't care if it becomes rare or its ebay value triples a few years from now. I would like to think the lamp is large enough to be worthwhile (12 inches), but I'm guessing it's more like 6-8 inches which would be a real downer.

If I don't see it at a decent price in the future, so be it, I can live without it.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']No way I'm spending $90 more for a lamp that should be $30 at most.[/QUOTE]

*sighs* Yet again... See below:

[quote name='Mixer236']Also, to all the "lololol $90 lamp" people, that's not the only thing included. :roll: The Steelbook itself is also a nice addition. But yes, 'tis a bit overpriced.
But I still don't care
[/QUOTE]

Plus you can bet there'll be special packaging and we know the OST will be included.

[quote name='Mixer236']PEOPLE! Stop acting like the lamp is $90, it's not the only thing included!!![/QUOTE]

I give up. :shrugs:

[quote name='slowdive21']I would guess 6-8 inches based on the pic relative to the thickness of the cord.[/QUOTE]

that's what she said

[quote name='rnocerino']Those waiting for a price drop won't get it because anything Kojima sells out quick and very limited. I'd definately preorder it and slowly pay it off at your local Gamestop. Metal Gear collector editions always hold their value and increase over time. Look at the MGS3 Subsistance LE...that thing goes for $150+ on Ebay. It was $40-50 when it first came out.[/QUOTE]

Paying something off slowly doesn't really make it any cheaper or more of a deal. It's still $150 and overpriced.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Best get this in a year when its $30 at BestBuy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think bestbuy will be caring the LE.
I checked the preorder kiosk yesterday and only the reg version was listed.
Plus they didn't carry the last MGS LE.
I think only amazon and GameStop will have the LE

In your wet dream. Both this and the ZOE Collection LE will be selling at above MSRP after release.

[quote name='Mixer236']*sighs* Yet again... See below:

Plus you can bet there'll be special packaging and we know the OST will be included.

I give up. :shrugs:[/QUOTE]

A steel book and an ost arent really "special". Lots of games come with OSTs and steelbooks for preordering the basic game. I'm still going with 90 dollar lamp.

As far as I can remember, Best Buy never stocked any MGS LE. I know for a fact, MGS4 and Peace Walker LE were exclusive to Gamestop. MGS HD Collection was exclusive to Amazon and Gamestop. Currently, ZoE HD LE is only sold by Amazon and Gamestop. It's also known that Kojima LE are in fact limited. So, the chances of this LE being sold for $30 at BB, let alone carry the LE, is slim to none.

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']Let's say you have $100 of amazon credit from trading in games or what have you, if you decide to use that credit towards this LE it will tie up that $100 of credit unless you decide to cancel the preorder. I assume the way around that would be to preorder without the credit, and then maybe have CS apply it later on if it's sold out but you preordered and you do have credit?

That's what I believe they are referring to.[/QUOTE]
I believe you can't buy/preorder anything without your credit applying first, whenever I pre-ordered from Amazon you pay as much of the balance with your credit first. Then the rest of balance can be payed by credit card. The balance paid by credit is held up until you cancel the preorder or the order ships and your credit is deducted from your account.

[quote name='usagi']I believe you can't buy/preorder anything without your credit applying first, whenever I pre-ordered from Amazon you pay as much of the balance with your credit first. Then the rest of balance can be payed by credit card. The balance paid by credit is held up until you cancel the preorder or the order ships and your credit is deducted from your account.[/QUOTE]

Use up your credit in a placeholder order, once you done with ordering MG, cancel the placeholder order.

If it does turn out to be USB (And as short as some of you are guessing), I really might be cancelling my order.....whether or not it turns out to be rare.

[quote name='plus1zero']If it's any indication to the other MG games this LE will fetch 2x-3x what it's worth if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Mgs4 le is worth less than what it sold for.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Mgs4 le is worth less than what it sold for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found that strange. It was a nice LE set as well though it didn't come with an artbook (not counting the really thin black making of booklet) or any "toys". The limited eidtion of MGS3 came with even less and sold for a hell of a lot for awhile until HD collection came along. The only reason I can think of is maybe they produced a lot more than they usually do for MGS4 LE than they did for the other LE sets. It isn't like there are pages of it for sale on ebay either. Who knows?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']A steel book and an ost arent really "special". Lots of games come with OSTs and steelbooks for preordering the basic game. I'm still going with 90 dollar lamp.[/QUOTE]

Very rarely do they come with "AAA" games, and if they do it's usually one or the other. Also, there aren't even that many non AAA games that come with a OST & SB without a premium price. I think you're also forgetting that SteelBooks mean more to collectors than most other collectibles, people often pay upwards of $20-$40 to import just a Steelbook case.

Collectors still includes OST & SB(which will most likely be the only way to obtain these, at least for the time being where the OST is concerned) on top of lamp for the extra money. So, no, you're still wrong. It's not an extra $90 for a lamp.

[quote name='Mixer236']Very rarely do they come with "AAA" games, and if they do it's usually one or the other. Also, there aren't even that many non AAA games that come with a OST & SB without a premium price. I think you're also forgetting that SteelBooks mean more to collectors than most other collectibles, people often pay upwards of $20-$40 to import just a Steelbook case.

Collectors still includes OST & SB(which will most likely be the only way to obtain these, at least for the time being where the OST is concerned) on top of lamp for the extra money. So, no, you're still wrong. It's not an extra $90 for a lamp.[/QUOTE]

Ok, $5 steel book, $5 soundtrack, $80 lamp, hahaha.

It's not $90 for a lamp, it's $149.99 for game, ost, steel book and lamp. You can assign "buying cost" for the different pieces any way you like. It's subjective, for me if this does become rare missing the steel book would be my biggest concern. With that being said, locked in a preoreder, we will see how my year end bonus check looks like...

[quote name='Magiblaze']I think even the hardest of the hardcores will have a hard time justifying 100 dollars for a lamp.[/QUOTE]
The hardest of hardcores pay hundreds of dollars for POS Portal toys.

bread's done
Back