Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish we got that awesome steelbook Europe gets......ours just looks.....crappy in comparison. Even if the Lamp was tiny, I'd keep the pre-order to get that version of it.

:applause:[quote name='AcidRain25']Just doing a quick rough estimate, knowing that the size of the ESRB ratings box is usually between 3/4" to 1 1/2" tall, I would say the overall height of the box is 13-20" tall. I'll probably hold on to my preorder to the last minute and hope to watch an early unboxing video and then make my decision based off the the build quality.[/QUOTE]
that's....that's pretty impressive detective work, I'll give ya that:cool:

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']i seriously do not get people who buy CEs for games they genuinely want to play, then keep sealed

I understand why flippers would keep games sealed, but as for collectors, to me that makes no sense... if you want to make money off your game collection, just buy multiple copies and be an ebay flipper[/QUOTE]
As Sheldon would say: "if you open it, then it's not mint-in-box".
When you are collecting, it's always to have a copy sealed, and another copy to open up, play and place statues or whatever on the display case. I personally like to display them as a sealed box, standing behind the figures from the box.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']a net gain, at most, of $100+$200 above retail on the truly in-demand ones. Even less after shipping+ebay+paypal fees, as the perceived profit is usually based on the sale price.

so years of hoarding pussy repelling boxes for what could be made in less than half a week at minimum wage :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you're only concerned about making profit you don't hold onto games... you find the one or two a month that are in demand---preorder several dozen and sell those at $30-$50 of profit a piece.

Imagine you preordered 100 of the COD: BO II Hardened Edition (easily could have been done) and then sell them for $130 a piece. After fees that is about $30 profit each x 100 = much more then minimum wage for a few days work

[quote name='GBAstar']If you're only concerned about making profit you don't hold onto games... you find the one or two a month that are in demand---preorder several dozen and sell those at $30-$50 of profit a piece.

Imagine you preordered 100 of the COD: BO II Hardened Edition (easily could have been done) and then sell them for $130 a piece. After fees that is about $30 profit each x 100 = much more then minimum wage for a few days work[/QUOTE]
How do you sell that much and not factor in taxes owed to the IRS?

I'd do $80 easy, but now I just won't be buying this game at release and I'll be waiting for this thing to drop.

[quote name='GBAstar']If you're only concerned about making profit you don't hold onto games... you find the one or two a month that are in demand---preorder several dozen and sell those at $30-$50 of profit a piece.

Imagine you preordered 100 of the COD: BO II Hardened Edition (easily could have been done) and then sell them for $130 a piece. After fees that is about $30 profit each x 100 = much more then minimum wage for a few days work[/QUOTE]

Preordering 100 of a game is not easy sorry

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Preordering 100 of a game is not easy sorry[/QUOTE]

Yea, I hate how I have to click quantity, and then god knows how many key presses it takes to write 100. I guess it takes 3, but still, it seems like an eternity.

Very few retailers are going to ship you that many copies without a wholesale license. All you'd be doing is setting yourself up to get banned from that certain retailer. Which has happened among big time flippers. They get physically banned from stores and IP and physical address banned.

Too much work just shipping them :lol:

[quote name='Slowdance']Yea, I hate how I have to click quantity, and then god knows how many key presses it takes to write 100. I guess it takes 3, but still, it seems like an eternity.[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what you are talking about. Websites hate resellers and if you purchased 100 of a game you would be banned in 1 second. Amazon has a 3 limit on most games, my bestbuy store has a limit of 4. The average of most stores is a limit of 3. bestbuy is notorious for banning resellers.

Even with newegg I have been trying to preorder 5 or 6 of the same game with $12 discount and they have been canceling my orders.

So good luck finding 33 stores to buy it at.. And yes that is a lot of effort, sorry. You could make 33 amazon accounts if you want, but amazon is not stupid and they can ban you. It also is a lot more than 3 key presses.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']You have no idea what you are talking about. Websites hate resellers and if you purchased 100 of a game you would be banned in 1 second. Amazon has a 3 limit on most games, my bestbuy store has a limit of 4. The average of most stores is a limit of 3. bestbuy is notorious for banning resellers.

Even with newegg I have been trying to preorder 5 or 6 of the same game with $12 discount and they have been canceling my orders.

So good luck finding 33 stores to buy it at.. And yes that is a lot of effort, sorry. You could make 33 amazon accounts if you want, but amazon is not stupid and they can ban you. It also is a lot more than 3 key presses.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. All kinds of wrong. Amazon had a limit of 5 on the Hardened edition per account. Create 2, 3, 4 accounts etc. Preorder 5 per account. A week later when the amount per account restriction is lifted preorder 5 more per account.

Lots of hard work.

I have never heard one story of an amazon account being banned for ordering the limit (say 5) several times over.

Then go to gamestop (they are on every corner now) and preorder a few from each store. Best Buy too.

Best Buy.com; Walmart.com; Fry's; Newegg;

If you can't get 100 of something then you're really not trying.

And their are many times when Amazon puts a listing up and doesn't restrict the quantity for several hours/days. This is how people were able to get 10+ of the B2 ULCE

Edit: it's about being smart. Since 99% of the people on this website say "DURRRR it's Call of Duty.... DURRR... it'll go on clearance I'm not going to preorder DURRRRR" it's gives many people who want to resell MONTHS to get preorders in knowing that just like with every COD release it'll go for premium prices a few days before and after release.

Even if a game is rare and profitable it doesn't mean you can just buy an infinite quantity and sell them all for your ideal price. There is a plateau with each product that prevents you from making a living out of just selling the latest collector's edition.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']I'm pretty sure there is a good chance of the value going up or maintaining the 150 but not all of us are looking to flip or sell it. If we are to buy it, is it worth the $150 asking price, that's what some of us are wondering/don't feel like the LE is worth it.[/QUOTE]

I feel like the poster you replied to meant it holds it's value for all reasons. Don't you feel better when your LE is limited and not buy a LE/SE/CE such as halo 3 legendary for say 100 and then it drops to 30 on clearance at every target in your area. I'd like to know if I shell out an ungodly amount of money that it won't be 50 dollars cheaper in 3 weeks. Or hey God forbid you die *knock on wood* you want your belongings to have some value.
Sorry for rant but not everyone who values value is trying to make a buck.

[quote name='Desousa93']I feel like the poster you replied to meant it holds it's value for all reasons. Don't you feel better when your LE is limited and not buy a LE/SE/CE such as halo 3 legendary for say 100 and then it drops to 30 on clearance at every target in your area. I'd like to know if I shell out an ungodly amount of money that it won't be 50 dollars cheaper in 3 weeks. Or hey God forbid you die *knock on wood* you want your belongings to have some value.
Sorry for rant but not everyone who values value is trying to make a buck.[/QUOTE]

maybe its just me, but i dont feel bad when a CE drops in value. i wanted that game anyway. like i said earlier, i dont just buy every CE i see. i have no interest in bioshock for instance. if i have a genuine interest in a game, then i wont have any regrets buying it.

heck i bought, deus ex HR augmented edition for $80 and skyrim CE for $150. the first can be bought for $20 now? i think, and the latter is like $50-$60 now.

also max payne special edition, love the game. paid $100. it can be obtained for $30 now. but i honestly dont regret it lol especially when i dont plan on reselling these

^ I would recommend a glass covered cabinet, makes dusting a lot less frequent, speaking from experience.

Well, unless you are not in a polluted city.

[quote name='GBAstar']Wrong. All kinds of wrong. Amazon had a limit of 5 on the Hardened edition per account. Create 2, 3, 4 accounts etc. Preorder 5 per account. A week later when the amount per account restriction is lifted preorder 5 more per account.

Lots of hard work.

I have never heard one story of an amazon account being banned for ordering the limit (say 5) several times over.

Then go to gamestop (they are on every corner now) and preorder a few from each store. Best Buy too.

Best Buy.com; Walmart.com; Fry's; Newegg;

If you can't get 100 of something then you're really not trying.

And their are many times when Amazon puts a listing up and doesn't restrict the quantity for several hours/days. This is how people were able to get 10+ of the B2 ULCE

Edit: it's about being smart. Since 99% of the people on this website say "DURRRR it's Call of Duty.... DURRR... it'll go on clearance I'm not going to preorder DURRRRR" it's gives many people who want to resell MONTHS to get preorders in knowing that just like with every COD release it'll go for premium prices a few days before and after release.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a gigantic pain in the ass. I will stick with a real job instead of busting ass buying games all over town, listing them, hoping they hold their value, and then having to package and ship them. Then hoping people don't return on me when there are more copies suddenly released on launch day.

P.S. You are not making a consistent $30 profit on everything. It fluctuates like crazy and you can't predict what's going to happen to a game's price. So COD Hardened is sold out before launch, then bam, they release more copies or Amazon Warehouse gets flooded with returns or everyone had the same idea as you and saturated the market.

You also didn't take shipping into account or packaging materials or gas spent driving everywhere.

Flipping was fun when I was a poor college kid. It's sad when you're an actual adult.

*sigh* That EU LE version is just too sweet to pass up. Looks like I'm going to be preordering that one (in addition to the US version). Wish the Zaavi version came with the steelbook too.

I'll probably end up selling one copy to a friend at a discount.

The lamp is an interesting idea, it's something different. But I wish they'd release a cool metal gear statue instead. Like a metal gear that has LED accent lights or something.

[quote name='ImpurePhoen1x']Already done on a massive and expensive scale

http://www.hlj.com/product/THA96856

Kotobukiya has the cheaper alternative, less detailed, smaller, and no lights, but a fraction of the cost

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-221[/QUOTE]

Wow now that's what I'm talking about. The $500+ one with the lights is amazing!
But they could have done something along the lines of the cheaper one for a Limited Edition of the game.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Another picture of the lamp has surfaced.

MGR_PlasmaLight2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thing is huge. Everyone was speculating it was like 6 to 8 inches. Glad I got my order in.

[quote name='Gators300']Thing is huge. Everyone was speculating it was like 6 to 8 inches. Glad I got my order in.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so it's maybe 10 inches. It's not the size but the quality I'm concerned about. I'm sure it's completely plastic. In fact, I've seen a very similar one in the gift shop at our local science museum.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, so it's maybe 10 inches. It's not the size but the quality I'm concerned about. I'm sure it's completely plastic. In fact, I've seen a very similar one in the gift shop at our local science museum.[/QUOTE]

Wait, is it possible to make a plasma lamp out of plastic? I though the dome part HAD to be made out of glass...

Finally a picture to help justify this to the naysayers. This looks much closer to a foot than the previously speculated 6 inches. Awesome!

[quote name='Mixer236']Wait, is it possible to make a plasma lamp out of plastic? I though the dome part HAD to be made out of glass...

Finally a picture to help justify this to the naysayers. This looks much closer to a foot than the previously speculated 6 inches. Awesome![/QUOTE]

I don't know. I pulled my Wang out and put it on the computer screen and it still looks to be less than six inches.

Naw, imagine that person spread their hand out and measured from thumb to index....definitely 10-12+ inches

This comes with an Xbox 360 or a PS3 right? fucking A. I love Metal Gear, but...I can think of about 10,000 better things to do with my money than flush it down this particular toilet... I mean, even if the lamp is cool...it still says Metal Gear Rising on it. Meaning, it's not good decor.

[quote name='giantqtipz']You can preorder the european version via zavvi. Comes with raiden figure[/QUOTE]

And a crushed box.

[quote name='charlescheese']This comes with an Xbox 360 or a PS3 right? fucking A. I love Metal Gear, but...I can think of about 10,000 better things to do with my money than flush it down this particular toilet... I mean, even if the lamp is cool...it still says Metal Gear Rising on it. Meaning, it's not good decor.[/QUOTE]

You can just rotate the lamp so you see the back. Problem solved ;)

[quote name='tridon']I almost bought that cheap one until I saw it was a model and that you have to assemble/paint it yourself. Too bad, I liked how it had the little figurines with it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Should have at least had each piece pre-painted... Oh well.

Wow, that lamp is much bigger than I expected. Even if it is USB plug, you can just use a smartphone power adapter to make it work just like if it were a normal lamp.

I want one, but I'm going to take the risk and hope to find it for $100 or less at some point.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I cancelled this to get the european version instead. It comes with a raiden statue.. Much better.

I used to care about value but now I only buy CEs and LEs if I have a genuine interest in the game. And I open them too. Began to realize that you can't enjoy the game without opening it. Otherwise it just collects dust on the side. It saves me headache too to be honest. I used to be indecisive, asking myself often, should I buy this or not? Is it going to be rare? But I'm not a reseller. Just a collector of games I'm truly like. If I'm not impressed by the game, no matter how rare the CE is, I pass on it.[/QUOTE]

Where did you preorder it from and for how much, if you don't mind me asking?

From zavvi.

There's a risk that your box will be ruined by the carriers.

I think a lot of CAGs who imported the zavvi exclusive MGS HD Limited Edition received theirs in bad shape (the outer box, not sure about the contents though)

Ok, cool. Thanks for the heads up. I checked there already, but I wasn't sure if there was somewhere better and/or cheaper.

bread's done
Back