Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never did like this LE as I had no interest in the lamp, and the pricetag alone seemed outrageous. My Swedish friend that I export stuff to wanted me to order it for him though, so going with Gamestop to get the LE there while I get my standard copy from BB for the $20 RZ and pricematching. He'll get the art book and I get the Gray Fox skin and sword! ^_^

[quote name='gla55jAw']You don't see this not selling well and Amazon putting it up for $79.99 at some point?[/QUOTE]

Man, I wish...but I don't think so for the following reasons:

1.) It's still Metal Gear, which is extremely popular. So simple yet so profound...shouldn't be underestimated.
2.) I think a LOT of people overseas are also gonna order the NA Edition b/c it is different from their's. To get a second stellbook art design AND the lamp in addition to what they already are getting will have them salivating. This "overseas demand" for the NA LE would also drive up the post-release demand and drive down the post-release availability.
3.) Usually when it's only at Gamestop and Amazon it's more likely that price will go up in future (regarding gaming's most popular franchises), IMO.
4.) The better the reviews for the game, the more valuable the LE will be, and right now...the previews are "hinting" towards positive reviews.
5.) I played the DEMO and it was FUN...PLUS it very much had the Metal Gear vibe (abiance, sounds, jargon, attitude) so even if the game sucks, it could end up being like a "Cult Classic" just because it's vibin' MG so hard. This would translate to the LE being more expensive post-release.
6.) This is the heartiest Metal Gear related LE in NA that I can think of...even MGS4 was just a box with 3 disks in it...and it is still rare to get that in used "like new" condition for under $75 complete. And right now collector's are loving the steelbooks, plus...
7.) It's so refreshing to get a disk-based soundtrack and not a download. Now, will the CD be a "sampler" or have like 20+ tracks on it? The more tracks, the more valuable.
8.) Totally hypothetical I know, but what if this ends up being the only MG Rising game? That would make the LE more valuable.
9.) I think by setting the price SO high they are creating a scenario where people are going to say/assume, "wow, this is really valuable I better get it now!" When demand goes up and quantity stays the same or goes down, price goes up.
10.) This is the first NEW Metal Gear game in years, so people are really itching to have new MG stuff...this will lead to increase purchases of the LE.
11.) As I undertand, the game's story is official cannon, making the LE even more valuable, compared to a "side game storyline" like Yakuza Dead Souls.
12.) The idea of ingame content limited to the LE: My understanding was the Gray Fox skin was supposed to be LE-compatible only, but gamestop.com shows it available as a bonus for the regular edition too, so I dunno. Again, hypothetical, but there is still a possiblity that Kojima is going to do something special in-game for those who buy the LE, which would make it more valuable still.
13.) Lotta people missed out on the HD Limited Edition (hoping it would go for cheap later on), and now here's their chance to get a MG LE at retail...in their minds, they "won't make the same mistake twice."
14.) Repetitive of 6 & 7 but worth it's own point...Yes it's arguably overpriced, but content-wise, how is this NOT the best Metal Gear related LE to ever be released in NA?
15.) The last point is CAG-related: The "potential" opportunity for profit flipping is just TOO great on this one, IMO. Thus, if the "true" value doesn't drive the price up, I predict the hoarders, flippers, speculaturs and MG Universe junkies will....

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']I'm pretty sure there is a good chance of the value going up or maintaining the 150 but not all of us are looking to flip or sell it. If we are to buy it, is it worth the $150 asking price, that's what some of us are wondering/don't feel like the LE is worth it.[/QUOTE]

I think he means if you realllly want it buy now it might be the lowest price.
I will wait and hope this thing goes the way of the H3 ed. I want a plasma lamp.

[quote name='inkcil']Man, I wish...but I don't think so for the following reasons:

1.) It's still Metal Gear, which is extremely popular. So simple yet so profound...shouldn't be underestimated.
2.) I think a LOT of people overseas are also gonna order the NA Edition b/c it is different from their's. To get a second stellbook art design AND the lamp in addition to what they already are getting will have them salivating. This "overseas demand" for the NA LE would also drive up the post-release demand and drive down the post-release availability.
3.) Usually when it's only at Gamestop and Amazon it's more likely that price will go up in future (regarding gaming's most popular franchises), IMO.
4.) The better the reviews for the game, the more valuable the LE will be, and right now...the previews are "hinting" towards positive reviews.
5.) I played the DEMO and it was FUN...PLUS it very much had the Metal Gear vibe (abiance, sounds, jargon, attitude) so even if the game sucks, it could end up being like a "Cult Classic" just because it's vibin' MG so hard. This would translate to the LE being more expensive post-release.
6.) This is the heartiest Metal Gear related LE in NA that I can think of...even MGS4 was just a box with 3 disks in it...and it is still rare to get that in used "like new" condition for under $75 complete. And right now collector's are loving the steelbooks, plus...
7.) It's so refreshing to get a disk-based soundtrack and not a download. Now, will the CD be a "sampler" or have like 20+ tracks on it? The more tracks, the more valuable.
8.) Totally hypothetical I know, but what if this ends up being the only MG Rising game? That would make the LE more valuable.
9.) I think by setting the price SO high they are creating a scenario where people are going to say/assume, "wow, this is really valuable I better get it now!" When demand goes up and quantity stays the same or goes down, price goes up.
10.) This is the first NEW Metal Gear game in years, so people are really itching to have new MG stuff...this will lead to increase purchases of the LE.
11.) As I undertand, the game's story is official cannon, making the LE even more valuable, compared to a "side game storyline" like Yakuza Dead Souls.
12.) The idea of ingame content limited to the LE: My understanding was the Gray Fox skin was supposed to be LE-compatible only, but gamestop.com shows it available as a bonus for the regular edition too, so I dunno. Again, hypothetical, but there is still a possiblity that Kojima is going to do something special in-game for those who buy the LE, which would make it more valuable still.
13.) Lotta people missed out on the HD Limited Edition (hoping it would go for cheap later on), and now here's their chance to get a MG LE at retail...in their minds, they "won't make the same mistake twice."
14.) Repetitive of 6 & 7 but worth it's own point...Yes it's arguably overpriced, but content-wise, how is this NOT the best Metal Gear related LE to ever be released in NA?
15.) The last point is CAG-related: The "potential" opportunity for profit flipping is just TOO great on this one, IMO. Thus, if the "true" value doesn't drive the price up, I predict the hoarders, flippers, speculaturs and MG Universe junkies will....[/QUOTE]I promise I will read this after I come back from the grocery store.

They botched this hard. The lamp is lame, especially at the $150 price point, and the Zavvi edition has an awesome figure, but nothing else. What gives? All of these editions have some nice things on their own, but also plenty of crap. I pre-ordered at Game UK. Almost same price as US version, even after shipping, and it comes with an awesome steel book and the Grey Fox DLC. I will just pick up the black figure off Amazon for the base price and make my own limited edition.

[quote name='Zaku77']I am really hoping this thing gets clearanced out. This is exactly the type of over indulgent, and just plain stupid, type of CE that I don't like. It wastes a bunch of space, I'm sure the lamp will be lame, and it costs too much. If it wasn't for the steelbook I wouldn't even get it. lol[/QUOTE]

So it's ok to buy it for $150 because it has a steel book. Nice logic there...

[quote name='inkcil']Man, I wish...but I don't think so for the following reasons:

15.) The last point is CAG-related: The "potential" opportunity for profit flipping is just TOO great on this one, IMO. Thus, if the "true" value doesn't drive the price up, I predict the hoarders, flippers, speculaturs and MG Universe junkies will....[/QUOTE]
16) When the overall CAG community suggests something will not be rare, it will most likely turn rare. ;)

15.) The last point is CAG-related: The "potential" opportunity for profit flipping is just TOO great on this one, IMO. Thus, if the "true" value doesn't drive the price up, I predict the hoarders, flippers, speculaturs and MG Universe junkies will....[/QUOTE]

You really put thought into this stuff. I see no problem in purchasing this right now. You'll get your money back if you chose to sell in the future for sure.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']So it's ok to buy it for $150 because it has a steel book. Nice logic there...[/QUOTE]

A few things with that--appreciate the sarcastic tone, by the way. MGS is my favorite game series, and I collect for it in a hardcore manner. The steelbook is what is important to me; If it wasn't for the steelbook, I wouldn't be buying it at all, at any time, for any price. I never said I will be buying it at $150. I have a way to get it for $110 a couple of weeks after it comes out. That's still more than I'd like to spend, but I can live with it. Once again, though, your sarcasm has literally enriched both my life and this thread.

I agree with you 100% :)

[quote name='dilemna']You really put thought into this stuff. I see no problem in purchasing this right now. You'll get your money back if you chose to sell in the future for sure.[/QUOTE]

"Where there is much time and little money...it is there you will find deep thought." - Hideo Kojima.

j/k he didn't really say that.

Btw, the blender pic is hilarious.

the plot thickens...MGR LE now added to bestbuy.com for preorder...doesn't qualify for the $20 promo though - and no mention of preorder bonuses.

[quote name='inkcil']the plot thickens...MGR LE now added to bestbuy.com for preorder...doesn't qualify for the $20 promo though - and no mention of preorder bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Was it out of stock/unavailable before? I've had it in my cart for the past week thinking on my next move.

According to the BB thread any CE 'should' still qualify for the $20 promo. But guess we won't know for sure until this comes out ay? ;)

[quote name='eXiON']Was it out of stock/unavailable before? I've had it in my cart for the past week thinking on my next move.

According to the BB thread any CE 'should' still qualify for the $20 promo. But guess we won't know for sure until this comes out ay? ;)[/QUOTE]

With what you're telling me I guess I just didn't notice it before.

The summary box on the right tells you if it qualifies for the $20 cert, and right now the summary box for the LE doesn't show that as a promotion for the game, but the summary box for the Regular shows it.

[quote name='inkcil']With what you're telling me I guess I just didn't notice it before.

The summary box on the right tells you if it qualifies for the $20 cert, and right now the summary box for the LE doesn't show that as a promotion for the game, but the summary box for the Regular shows it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what worries me, but it 'supposedly' still applies to the CE's. I know I read that somewhere in the BB thread. Give me a sec and I'll try to find it.

Edit: Bingo, here it is:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10390416&postcount=614

But alas, the "Victory can be Pre-ordered" thread still hasn't been updated, so it's still up in the air if the $20 promo will or will not qualify for this.

Seems you also get the white raiden DLC from BB if you pre-order:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10403087&postcount=668

Sadly, no updates on the BB website about the offer either.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I decided not 2 buy this. Going to pray it goes down in price.... I want it but I can't afford $150 atm :/[/QUOTE]

Doubt it'll go down much if at all.

[quote name='granturismo']Doubt it'll go down much if at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping the game isn't going to sell very well due to it not being a standard MGS game, thus (hopefully) leading to a price drop. I can keep dreaming right? :lol:

I am a huge fan of Metal Gear and also a collector, but no way in hell I will pay $150 for a lamp. Sure, it isn't exactly a cookie cutter collector item, but that is just way too much money for something I am not interested in.

[quote name='DarthWar']Zavvi is cancelling all orders of there exclusive shipped to the U.S. No white Raiden for me :([/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't been canceled yet, but this isn't the first time I've read about it. I hope this is just some error or something. I really wanted that white Raiden.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I'm hoping the game isn't going to sell very well due to it not being a standard MGS game, thus (hopefully) leading to a price drop. I can keep dreaming right? :lol:[/QUOTE]

How about you change that to the LE not selling very well, instead of the entire game? This is a really big project for Platinum (and Konami) and it failing would suck really, really bad.

[quote name='omyard']Mine hasn't been canceled yet, but this isn't the first time I've read about it. I hope this is just some error or something. I really wanted that white Raiden.[/QUOTE]

They spent A LOT of money on sending out replacements of and paying for return shipping of the previous MGS LE. I'm guessing they don't want to bleed money again because they are too incompetent to properly package something.

[quote name='DarthWar']Zavvi is cancelling all orders of there exclusive shipped to the U.S. No white Raiden for me :([/QUOTE]

Source? Just checked my order and it is NOT canceled. Or is your own email your source. :roll:

I am going with a preorder at gamestop for this. It is very steep with an extra 10$ just in taxes....although I did use a free shipping coupon.....but you get the most DLC from this one plus the cheapy 24 page artbook...

I can get the statue separately (albeit the black version, but I don't care about the color really), so I see no need to try and attempt to get the euro one. It is interesting to note many people expected the skyrim CE to go the way of many western based AAA CE's in terms of reduced price, however it goes for quite a bit more on amazon and ebay these days compared to what I paid for it (about 120$ brand new). I think people who buy multiple copies and flip them are loathsome scum of the earth types and have ruined collecting, as I keep what I buy, however, these could end up being quite sought after...the lamp is rather large.

[quote name='ctguitarguy']I am going with a preorder at gamestop for this. It is very steep with an extra 10$ just in taxes....although I did use a free shipping coupon.....but you get the most DLC from this one plus the cheapy 24 page artbook...

I can get the statue separately (albeit the black version, but I don't care about the color really), so I see no need to try and attempt to get the euro one. It is interesting to note many people expected the skyrim CE to go the way of many western based AAA CE's in terms of reduced price, however it goes for quite a bit more on amazon and ebay these days compared to what I paid for it (about 120$ brand new). I think people who buy multiple copies and flip them are loathsome scum of the earth types and have ruined collecting, as I keep what I buy, however, these could end up being quite sought after...the lamp is rather large.[/QUOTE]

So what do you mean by "cheap" art book? is there any word on how it will look?

[quote name='ctguitarguy']I am going with a preorder at gamestop for this. It is very steep with an extra 10$ just in taxes....although I did use a free shipping coupon.....but you get the most DLC from this one plus the cheapy 24 page artbook...

I can get the statue separately (albeit the black version, but I don't care about the color really), so I see no need to try and attempt to get the euro one. It is interesting to note many people expected the skyrim CE to go the way of many western based AAA CE's in terms of reduced price, however it goes for quite a bit more on amazon and ebay these days compared to what I paid for it (about 120$ brand new). I think people who buy multiple copies and flip them are loathsome scum of the earth types and have ruined collecting, as I keep what I buy, however, these could end up being quite sought after...the lamp is rather large.[/QUOTE]
Woah I had no idea until I read this post, I was regretting it at $60 on newegg since I've only put in about 4 hours, but I could easily make my money back if I wanted.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I can confirm that they are cancelling orders to the US. I got an email about it yesterday. Maybe other people will be lucky.[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 or PS3? If you look at the product descriptions only the Xbox 360 page says Europe only.

My PS3 version hasn't been yet. Hopefully it stays that way. I like the white figure a lot more than the black, but I plan on getting both.

Ughhh damnit i guess its a matter of time before mine is cancelled as well arggggg

Edit: I preordered at zavvi and at amazon (backup in case zavvi gets cancelled, which I'm sure it will). Then later I decided to cancel my amazon for a gamestop one and I couldn't. It says not available doh!

I guess ill miss out on the artbook then sigh

Dang I had no idea this UK LE existed until today. sucks that we got screwed in the US with that cheapo tesla coil.

I noticed Amazon has the Black version of the figure for $70. To me that's a lot better than 157 + shipping for the UK LE. I'll probably pick up the game itself when it's 40 or less.

Mine is still sitting at "processing order". Not sure if it makes a difference that I've had this on pre-order the day this version was announced. *fingers crossed*

And if it doesn't go through, well, It saves me $150+ dollars.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think I am going to cancel my AZ preorder of this. I don't want it for $150[/QUOTE]

This version will go on sale. Demand just isn't there for a lamp. I'm happy with the regular edition and ordering the steelbook from amazon.de.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think I am going to cancel my AZ preorder of this. I don't want it for $150[/QUOTE]

I think I am going to do the same and just get a regular edition to go with my steelbook from amazon.de :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I think I am going to do the same and just get a regular edition to go with my steelbook from amazon.de :)[/QUOTE]

Have you ordered from them before for shipments to the u.s.?

[quote name='Youngnoble']This version will go on sale. Demand just isn't there for a lamp. I'm happy with the regular edition and ordering the steelbook from amazon.de.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think it will sell out. But I just can't bring myself to care.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Honestly, I think it will sell out. But I just can't bring myself to care.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way

Personally I think the lamp is the coolest CE item I've seen. Unless it turns out to be cheap crap. Which it may...

huh, I went to gamestop to pre-order this collectors, and they weren't doing them anymore.

The guy told me they are getting a very limited stock, maybe 1 or 2 collectors. I went to 3 gamesters and they had all said the same, so Im stuck with the regular for now. Not that I mind, saves me a lot of money.

bread's done
Back