Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eXiON']Glad I bought it, this was exactly what I was waiting to see. Still unsure if it's better than the figure, but at least it'll make a pretty sweet CE because compared to most crappy statues nowindays.

..I really need to get rid of my Max Payne 3 statue.[/QUOTE]

Lol wow I'm trying to get rid of my max payne statue too.

Btw my zavvi order is still not yet cancelled...

[quote name='testaroo']Amazon's got 999+ in stock for PS3 and 752 for Xbox.

I'd say wait a while and you probably will see at least 10 or 20 dollar price cut within a month.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's true but keep in mind that once the stock is dry that's it. I've never known konami to reissue any limited editions, especially not the MG franchise. Lets just hope that its more along the lines of the ZOE limited edition run and not like all other MGS limited run which become rare after release.

Edit: just checked out the statue and its just a white variant of the play arts kai version of raiden. You can still pre-order those from amazon though they are gun metal and doesn't include a dlc code. Though a $160 (£99) is way to much for the game, steel book, and $70 action figure.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Should I pull the trigger? Or should I wait for the cutscene where Big Boss comes in and tells me to preorder....[/QUOTE]
Just buy it. Or else that colonel from mgs3 comes to pay you a visit only to grab your balls lawls.

Man that lamp is awesome! But the markup is just too ridiculous! Ill probably wait it out til its under $99.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Btw my zavvi order is still not yet cancelled...[/QUOTE]

Mine is still open too for a PS3 copy. I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled.

[quote name='Draknight']Edit: just checked out the statue and its just a white variant of the play arts kai version of raiden. You can still pre-order those from amazon though they are gun metal and doesn't include a dlc code. Though a $160 (£99) is way to much for the game, steel book, and $70 action figure.[/QUOTE]

I liked the white enough to preorder the UK CE. I also have the lamp CE on pre-order at GameStop as a birthday/Valentine's present from my girlfriend. I'm hoping to resell the game and white armor DLC to recoup some of the cost.

In addition to the white and black there is also a red/black version that comes out this summer and is limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SEP10409&mode=retail

I'm getting all 3. They'll go nice with my Solid Snake, Naked Snake and Cybor Ninja figures. I also have the Metal Gear Rex model kit that just shipped the other day that I'll have to put together. I opted for it over the $500 Rex because of price and it came with tiny figures.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Man that lamp is awesome! But the markup is just too ridiculous! Ill probably wait it out til its under $99.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping for too

[quote name='GUNNM']Is that why you illegally downloaded it?[/QUOTE]
I bought the JP limited edition UK limited edition

So do you still have problem with me??

[quote name='giantqtipz']Just buy it. Or else that colonel from mgs3 comes to pay you a visit only to grab your balls lawls.[/QUOTE]

That would be catastrophic. Eva wouldn't be happy either. :booty:

I prefer the traditional MGS stealth. Not a fan of the demo so I'm going to sit this one out. I'll go gaga when Phantom Pain comes out.

[quote name='Donut2922']I prefer the traditional MGS stealth. Not a fan of the demo so I'm going to sit this one out. I'll go gaga when Phantom Pain comes out.[/QUOTE]
You can play this stealthily :cool:
[quote name='GRAYFIREFOX']I bought the JP limited edition UK limited edition

So do you still have problem with me??[/QUOTE]

I want you inside me.

[quote name='omyard']
I'm getting all 3. They'll go nice with my Solid Snake, Naked Snake and Cybor Ninja figures. I also have the Metal Gear Rex model kit that just shipped the other day that I'll have to put together. I opted for it over the $500 Rex because of price and it came with tiny figures.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on the red/ black myself since I already have the red variant of the Cyborg Ninja and Solidus Snake. Looking to complete the cyber enhanced MSG figures collection. But I must admit that the white one is pretty cool. I myself per-ordered from GameStop to get the cyborg ninja skin.

[quote name='Donut2922']I prefer the traditional MGS stealth. Not a fan of the demo so I'm going to sit this one out. I'll go gaga when Phantom Pain comes out.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I pre-ordered it and paid it off because I really like the extras, but I'm torn if I want to keep my order or not because I didn't like the game. Usually I am interested in SEs/LEs/CEs for games I really want. Especially if the extras are cool.

This game has extras I like more than the game. I figure I'll just keep my order and hope the game turns out to be better than the demo. But to me it was basically Bayonetta lite with a mix of Gundam in it.

[quote name='TooPoor']But statues have zero possibility of breaking after two months in. Not saying that this will, but there is the possibility if you leave it on 24/7.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure the lifespan of one of these kind of lamps. Maybe if I had a automated switch that would turn it on at a certain time it would help, but I won't be planning on turning it on 24/7 anyways. Let alone a few hours per day. I just like this piece because It's different to the rest. Now that you mentioned it though, I do wonder what's the lifespan of these things.

On the other hand, if you have a certain statue that looks like they had their face melted away, well you've already lost the good fight already. ;)

[quote name='giantqtipz']Lol wow I'm trying to get rid of my max payne statue too.

Btw my zavvi order is still not yet cancelled...[/QUOTE]
What sucks is I was excited when I saw the statue, the bullet casings scattered all over, figured the face was just bad light exposure or something.

Yeah, I was wrong, DEAD wrong. I paid $50 something for it (luckily my worst buy from 2012), but at least the game made up for the terrible statue.

[quote name='omyard']

I'm getting all 3. They'll go nice with my Solid Snake, Naked Snake and Cybor Ninja figures. I also have the Metal Gear Rex model kit that just shipped the other day that I'll have to put together. I opted for it over the $500 Rex because of price and it came with tiny figures.[/QUOTE]
The $500 MG-Rex is gorgeous. I would honestly say that I would never blow $500 on a toy, but that one is just simply beautiful.

If I may ask, where did you buy that model kit from?

[quote name='eXiON']The $500 MG-Rex is gorgeous. I would honestly say that I would never blow $500 on a toy, but that one is just simply beautiful.

If I may ask, where did you buy that model kit from?[/QUOTE]

BigBadToyStore: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT10967&mode=retail

I love the $500 Rex, but it's too big and too expensive. I can easily see myself regretting it after a while. I was tempted to put it on pre-order again (I canceled mine last year), but I couldn't do.

The model was smaller and cheaper. Plus like I said, the little figures that come with it look cool. I haven't built a model since I was a little kid and 600 pieces sounds daunting, but I think I can do it.

Here is another link that has better pictures than BBTS does. http://www.excaliburdirectexpressto...r-Solid-Metal-Gear-Rex-Model-Kit/c0-9806-9806

[quote name='omyard']BigBadToyStore: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT10967&mode=retail

I love the $500 Rex, but it's too big and too expensive. I can easily see myself regretting it after a while. I was tempted to put it on pre-order again (I canceled mine last year), but I couldn't do.

The model was smaller and cheaper. Plus like I said, the little figures that come with it look cool. I haven't built a model since I was a little kid and 600 pieces sounds daunting, but I think I can do it.

Here is another link that has better pictures than BBTS does. http://www.excaliburdirectexpressto...r-Solid-Metal-Gear-Rex-Model-Kit/c0-9806-9806[/QUOTE]

I was going to get the 1/100th scale Rex too until I found out that it comes unpainted.

[quote name='blueweltall']I was going to get the 1/100th scale Rex too until I found out that it comes unpainted.[/QUOTE]

Except it's not. The model pieces are pre-painted. The color scheme matches the one used on Rex in the original Metal Gear Solid. Where as the $500 Rex has a darker, rusted look that resembles Rex in MGS 4. It even has a ruined radome from Snake attacking it with the stinger missiles.

You're looking at 2 different versions of Rex.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_REX

[quote name='GUNNM']You can play this stealthily :cool:

[/QUOTE]

This is actually true. There are some outright battles, but you can go through large sections with a stealth mentality.

Here's the $500 one by Bambaland if anyone is curious to see how it looks:
rex_scale.jpg

3A_MGRex_Bambaland_04_MGSTV.jpg

It's actually a really nice looking model. $500? Maybe, maybe not ;).

[quote name='omyard']BigBadToyStore: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT10967&mode=retail

Here is another link that has better pictures than BBTS does. http://www.excaliburdirectexpressto...r-Solid-Metal-Gear-Rex-Model-Kit/c0-9806-9806[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I had seen it before but never knew it came with the little figures. The difficult task would probably be painting it (at least for me since I'm no artist.).

[quote name='Kaiser499']For $500.00 they could at least paint it.[/QUOTE]

It's the $70 model kit that is unpainted.

[quote name='omyard']I liked the white enough to preorder the UK CE. I also have the lamp CE on pre-order at GameStop as a birthday/Valentine's present from my girlfriend. I'm hoping to resell the game and white armor DLC to recoup some of the cost.

In addition to the white and black there is also a red/black version that comes out this summer and is limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide.

Thanks for that---just preordered:fridge: Did the collectors upgrade for 2 buck. I hate needing these things.

The lamp does look sweet, but I doubt the game is going to be that great. If this ever goes to clearance for say, $40, I'd get one.

Whatever that foreign edition is with the white raiden figure is 10x better then our NA limited edition.

I'd rather have the play arts kai figure then a clone lava lamp thing. Even their manual has color and we got a black and white EA sports manual.

I really just dont see the thing being rare. Not even planning on getting Rising on day one because I know the price will fall fast. If I see this thing for under 100$, then I could probably justify it.

I am glad I have this preordered. Hopefully Gamestop comes through and actually has enough copies of the preorder art book. My Gamestop has the reputation of not getting enough preorder items in.

[quote name='WViking']I am glad I have this preordered. Hopefully Gamestop comes through and actually has enough copies of the preorder art book. My Gamestop has the reputation of not getting enough preorder items in.[/QUOTE]
then you should preorder at amazon or bestbuy just incase

[quote name='YBX87']then you should preorder at amazon or bestbuy just incase[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is the only place that has the preorder art book. Normally, I would have preordered through Amazon but Gamestop had the art book and better DLC skin.

[quote name='WViking']Gamestop is the only place that has the preorder art book. Normally, I would have preordered through Amazon but Gamestop had the art book and better DLC skin.[/QUOTE]

I contemplated getting it from either Gamestop or BB but I ended up going for the $20 RZ + White DLC Skin after seeing a glance of the artbook which is pretty thin (literally a pamphlet) figure I could shell out an extra $20 and get the actual CE guide and call it a day.

But I will miss not getting that Gray Fox skin, hopefully it'll hit PSN within a month.

The lamp and the figure look pretty awesome. I'm glad I have both on pre-order.

Anyone want to buy the UK copy of the game + white armor DLC from me?

[quote name='eXiON']I contemplated getting it from either Gamestop or BB but I ended up going for the $20 RZ + White DLC Skin after seeing a glance of the artbook which is pretty thin (literally a pamphlet) figure I could shell out an extra $20 and get the actual CE guide and call it a day.

But I will miss not getting that Gray Fox skin, hopefully it'll hit PSN within a month.[/QUOTE]

The gray fox skin is free with all copies in europe. I'm sure it will be dlc in the futurÊ

[quote name='TeamSwish']Lordy I want this. Not sure what my price point is. I have the feeling that I'm not getting cheaper than $150 though.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to see it sold out in Gamestop, figured this LE would really only appeal to HnS fans since this game is nothing like Solid series. Reception has been great for the game, Famitsu gave it 49/50 along with various other near perfect scores. Soundtrack and boss fights are all memorable supposedly. Plus the game is canon whether MGS fans like it or not.

Not to mention this game couldn't be bought in-store in BB, so while I can def see this hit $100 down the road. I don't think it'll fall below that.

[quote name='giantqtipz']The gray fox skin is free with all copies in europe. I'm sure it will be dlc in the futurÊ[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the only thing I was disappointed about with our NA release. We got absolutely no DLC exclusives with the LE. But both Kojima Productions & Plat. Games have yet to disappoint with the amount of unlockables in their games, can't wait to see whats hidden in this one.

Pretty sure we'll def get these sooner or later and if free, well even better!

If someone cares, heres how the promo artbook looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vJHsjUihU

[quote name='TeamSwish']Lordy I want this. Not sure what my price point is. I have the feeling that I'm not getting cheaper than $150 though.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to see it sold out in Gamestop, figured this LE would really only appeal to HnS fans since this game is nothing like Solid series. Reception has been great for the game, Famitsu gave it 49/50 along with various other near perfect scores. Soundtrack and boss fights are all memorable supposedly. Plus the game is canon whether MGS fans like it or not.

Not to mention this game couldn't be bought in-store in BB, so while I can def see this hit $100 down the road. I don't think it'll fall below that.

[quote name='giantqtipz']The gray fox skin is free with all copies in europe. I'm sure it will be dlc in the futurÊ[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the only thing I was disappointed about with our NA release. We got absolutely no DLC exclusives with the LE. But both Kojima Productions & Plat. Games have yet to disappoint with the amount of unlockables in their games, can't wait to see whats hidden in this one.

Pretty sure we'll def get these sooner or later and if free, well even better!

Pre-ordered LE from Bestbuy today and watching the videos im glad i did :)

I still want the UK LE, but i have never imported. From what i read it seems Zavvi is the way to go, but they are cancelling orders.
What to do, what to do? :(
Any advice?

[quote name='jonnysniper']Pre-ordered LE from Bestbuy today and watching the videos im glad i did :)

I still want the UK LE, but i have never imported. From what i read it seems Zavvi is the way to go, but they are cancelling orders.
Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Do you just want the figure or the steelbook as well? Steelbook you can buy straight from Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128

If you are looking for the figure only, then sadly I'm not sure where else would be a reliable place to buy it from besides Zavvi. :(

Since I missed out on the White Raiden figure I'm getting the Red Raiden PX exclusive.

Supposedly it will be limited to 1,000 so it will also be pretty unique vs the standard black. Plus the red (almost looks orange to me) accent color makes it look sweet, I'm kinda glad my UK ver got cancelled since I actually do like this one better.

It's even cheaper over at Anime-Island, although I can't vouch for them, apparently they have good feedback in various storefronts. Personally though, im going with BBT since they have the Collectors Grade for only $2 extra.

http://www.anime-island.com/product...play-arts-kai-action-figure-px-exclusive.html

[quote name='eXiON']Do you just want the figure or the steelbook as well? Steelbook you can buy straight from Amazon.de

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i was looking to get the steelbook and the Raiden Figure. I just ordered the steelbook right now. I might get the red/orange Raiden too.

[quote name='jonnysniper']Pre-ordered LE from Bestbuy today and watching the videos im glad i did :)

Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Zavvi hasn't canceled my order I placed about a month ago for the PS3 LE.

I think the U.S. versions is much better frankly, especially considering you can order the euro steelbook (which i think is better than ours). But you can get that figure separately, and frankly I think the lamp looks much cooler and is more unique. Figures are often the shittiest part of CE's.

The lamp running on both modes in the dark...pretty fucking cool :). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1U43IrvcPs

bread's done
Back