Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='y2jasper']um is it me or is fables $10 credit gone?

really hope this means their upping it to $20[/QUOTE]
No, they removed it because of the glitch a la Halo Legendary. I used mine to order a PSN card and I'm just waiting for it to get canceled now.

My Madden order got canceled about 6 hours after I placed the preorder, and the $20 credit is gone.. well, saves me $60, so that's all good.

Edit: Ahh, just read a few previous comments. I think my Fable 3 credit got applied to Madden, so that's possibly why it was canceled. Too bad I lose the $20 credit.

[quote name='kroberts11']Edit: Ahh, just read a few previous comments. I think my Fable 3 credit got applied to Madden, so that's possibly why it was canceled. Too bad I lose the $20 credit.[/QUOTE]
Uh, it was only a $10 credit unless you could order multiple copies and get the credit each time. I didn't bother trying because there's honestly nothing I need. My PSN card was also canceled, not surprisingly.

Too bad online game codes can't be purchased with those credits. Really hate their system for a lot of things like that.

[quote name='Jodou']Uh, it was only a $10 credit unless you could order multiple copies and get the credit each time. I didn't bother trying because there's honestly nothing I need. My PSN card was also canceled, not surprisingly.

Too bad online game codes can't be purchased with those credits. Really hate their system for a lot of things like that.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the $20 credit for Madden. It's turned into an ad for the FF13 system + free faceplate.

Edit: Gahhh, I just checked and it has turned back into the $20 credit!? Maybe I'm just losing it, but I swear it turned into the FF13 advertisement.

[quote name='kroberts11']I'm talking about the $20 credit for Madden. It's turned into an ad for the FF13 system + free faceplate.[/QUOTE]
My bad, but yeah it's still there.

[quote name='kroberts11']I'm talking about the $20 credit for Madden. It's turned into an ad for the FF13 system + free faceplate.

Edit: Gahhh, I just checked and it has turned back into the $20 credit!? Maybe I'm just losing it, but I swear it turned into the FF13 advertisement.[/QUOTE]
Credit is still there man, scroll down page to the Special Offers and Product Promotions.

[quote name='Xealot42']I'm glad they added the credit for TFU II to the PC version as well. $29.99 + $10 GC = awesome! [/QUOTE]
The PC version is $39.99

ok, so I am having a question here

For Halo Reach, if I order both limited edition and the ordinary edition, I would finally get 2x $20 credit rite?

[quote name='lml417']fable 3 $10 credit is dead? i missed it! darnit![/QUOTE]
I'm sure it will be back, they have to fix it so people cant cheat the glitch :p

[quote name='mitnosi']I'm sure it will be back, they have to fix it so people cant cheat the glitch :p[/QUOTE]

What glitch would this be?

EDIT: I read the last page. Doh!

[quote name='Jodou']Too bad online game codes can't be purchased with those credits. Really hate their system for a lot of things like that.[/QUOTE]

Gaming credits can be used to buy digital copies off Amazon. I used one on the Amazon PSN store a month ago.

[quote name='chopper731']Gaming credits can be used to buy digital copies off Amazon. I used one on the Amazon PSN store a month ago.[/QUOTE]
Soon as I hit buy code, it requested a credit card. Is there some trick to getting credits to work?

[quote name='Jodou']Soon as I hit buy code, it requested a credit card. Is there some trick to getting credits to work?[/QUOTE]

That is weird. When I did it, it automatically applied the $10 promo credit I had got from Toy Story 3. Maybe it has to be more than the amount you have credit for? I used the $10 credit on a $20 game and then just paid the remaining balance.

Fallout New Vegas standard only (PS3/360) now has a $10 credit. Even if you're on the fence, order it now while the price is at $56.99. They'll raise it soon. If you decide you dont want it just remember to cancel before it ships.

If I had Fallout already pre-ordered will the credit just be applied or do I need to cancel and order again?

Looked over a few pages and didn't see an answer. This has probably has been asked for other games already but at 200 pages I wasn't going to dig for too long. Thanks!

EDIT: Just read about the gaming credit right on the game page...This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

Been waiting on Fallout to get a credit. Weird it wasn't up in the normal credit bubble near the price.

For some reason, I had a $5 Promotional Discount, too. Any ideas? Anyone else have one and know where it came from? The only $5 credits I've gotten before were for MP3s. Ended up at $51.99 with free release day ship and $10 credit. Fantastic.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']I am without a PS3, so I will not question the Amazon Gods who bestowed this promotion upon me.[/QUOTE]

The Amazon Gods are my gods.

there needs to be a FAQ or something...

I forget but if I order a copy of a game for each console, will I get credit for all? I'd make separate orders to avoid confusion in case.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']there needs to be a FAQ or something...

I forget but if I order a copy of a game for each console, will I get credit for all? I'd make separate orders to avoid confusion in case.[/QUOTE]

There IS a FAQ at the bottom of the OP that addresses your question.

thank you everyone for the heads up! just ordered New Vegas! so excited!! loved fallout 3 of course.
Now hopefully they'll have fable 3's credit back up!

I am lost, GT5 and Medal of Honor has no credit mentioned anwhere on Amazon's page, how does CaG know that there's gift credits in regards of these items? I don't see BONUS OFFER mentioned anhywhere on the product page, even though I see it on their Bonus Page listing page.

Also, if an item becomes bonus offer after I pre-ordered the game, is it better to cancel then re-preorder or are there 0 worries in regards of

[quote name='djricekcn']I am lost, GT5 and Medal of Honor has no credit mentioned anwhere on Amazon's page, how does CaG know that there's gift credits in regards of these items? I don't see BONUS OFFER mentioned anhywhere on the product page, even though I see it on their Bonus Page listing page.

Also, if an item becomes bonus offer after I pre-ordered the game, is it better to cancel then re-preorder or are there 0 worries in regards of[/QUOTE]

You're not reading the pages thoroughly. Look under "Special Offers and Product Promotions" heading.

[quote name='kynetarse']You're not reading the pages thoroughly. Look under "Special Offers and Product Promotions" heading.[/QUOTE]

what the....amazon doesn't have a unified way of displaying these gift cards -.-; i was looking for that orang-line square thing that's usually near the very top portion of the page. why in the world did amazon do this.

also, i read the faq but not sure of the "new order" do i have to cancel previous pre-orders and re-pre-order to get gift card added in?

Okay. I just don't understand it. If I'm willing to pay 56.99 for Fable 3 and Fallout new Vegas, why in the bloody fucking hell would they not offer the ten dollar credit for someone willing to pay ANOTHER 23 dollars for the limited editions?

You know what else is weird? Amazon has no listings for the limited edition strategy guides of either Fallout New Vegas or Fable III.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DKRobbie']Okay. I just don't understand it. If I'm willing to pay 56.99 for Fable 3 and Fallout new Vegas, why in the bloody fucking hell would they not offer the ten dollar credit for someone willing to pay ANOTHER 23 dollars for the limited editions?

You know what else is weird? Amazon has no listings for the limited edition strategy guides of either Fallout New Vegas or Fable III.[/QUOTE] There are times when LE's & CE's sell out, and will do so without any kind of promo credit. I think that may be the reason why.

Saw Metroid : Other M in my goldbox so decided to go for it. I haven't turned my Wii on in forever. Used my $20 promo credit from Singularity too, so works out.

[quote name='Brother Daz']There are times when LE's & CE's sell out, and will do so without any kind of promo credit. I think that may be the reason why.[/QUOTE]

With MS as the publisher I don't think you will see Fable E LE selling out and Fallout 3 LE/CE didn't sell out either so I don't think either will be a sell out.

Now Mafia II LE/CE DO have credits and it likely has a much better chance of being a sellout. (IMHO)

I don't understand the point of these limited editions. Most are not truly "limited" and soon drop in price. Maybe I'm too cheap to understand...

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Been waiting on Fallout to get a credit. Weird it wasn't up in the normal credit bubble near the price.

For some reason, I had a $5 Promotional Discount, too. Any ideas? Anyone else have one and know where it came from? The only $5 credits I've gotten before were for MP3s. Ended up at $51.99 with free release day ship and $10 credit. Fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Just to help people who may have been wondering "WHERE'S MY $5?!?", apparently Amazon or Nat Geo had canceled my subscription re-order and Amazon credited me $5. I got the credit a full 48 hours before I got an email from Amazon explaining the situation.

Sorry if anyone got excited. :)

I still need help because I am not understanding the FAQ correctly, if I pre-ordered something before the 10/20 dollar gift card promotion, do I need to cancel my pre-order and repre-order once again to get the gift card promotion kicked in? Or can I just keep the pre-order that I did before the giftcard promotion and it will automatically be kicked in to my order?

[quote name='djricekcn']I still need help because I am not understanding the FAQ correctly, if I pre-ordered something before the 10/20 dollar gift card promotion, do I need to cancel my pre-order and repre-order once again to get the gift card promotion kicked in? Or can I just keep the pre-order that I did before the giftcard promotion and it will automatically be kicked in to my order?[/QUOTE]
All the ones I have seen, applied to all existing pre-orders.

Why must the only Nintendo game eligible for release day delivery come out when I'm in college? I'd have it shipped to my dorm but New York is taxed whereas New Jersey isn't.

bread's done
Back