Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapyD']If I'm reading your comment right, you don't need to re-order.

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the sweet thing with Amazon!

[quote name='stonciddta']Anyone get their Army of Two $10 credit yet?[/QUOTE]
I got mine on Tuesday and the pre-order code a day later.

[quote name='stonciddta']Anyone get their Army of Two $10 credit yet?[/QUOTE]

I haven't. Sent them an e-mail this morning asking for an update, since it's been 3 days since it shipped, and I recall the wording on the amazon page saying it should take "up to 2 business days".

Splintercells's statement that he got his $10 credit on Tuesday just makes me believe they forgot about some people.

[quote name='Oceaniax']I haven't. Sent them an e-mail this morning asking for an update, since it's been 3 days since it shipped, and I recall the wording on the amazon page saying it should take "up to 2 business days".

Splintercells's statement that he got his $10 credit on Tuesday just makes me believe they forgot about some people.[/QUOTE]Time to email them, yes. I'm going to do that right now, in fact, as I don't have my credit either.

[quote name='shrike4242']Time to email them, yes. I'm going to do that right now, in fact, as I don't have my credit either.[/QUOTE]

Saw this on the amazon forum for army of two: 40th day:

"I called today as it had been 3 days since shipping. Was told they did not see this promotion and could not find it. After 30 minutes of the nice lady trying to find this promotion she informs me she will give me the one time exception and apply a $10 to my account and mark that i had received the exception. See went to the game page and said she did not see this listed, said she checked the promotions on my account and did not see it, and could not find it on their computers where this was offered. Was placed on hold while she talked to a supervisor she tried giving me the extraction code as bonus although i had already received it.

This makes me think twice about later promotions because they say they have no record of this promotion. And to say "I cannot find any listing for this but will give you a one time exception since you say you claim you saw it on our site." almost sounds offending. I didn't need an exception as the offer was there for pre-orders. I guess next time I will not be able to get anything done as I have had my exception."

Disturbing if true, I hope this doesn't become a trend.

[quote name='Oceaniax']Saw this on the amazon forum for army of two: 40th day:

"I called today as it had been 3 days since shipping. Was told they did not see this promotion and could not find it. After 30 minutes of the nice lady trying to find this promotion she informs me she will give me the one time exception and apply a $10 to my account and mark that i had received the exception. See went to the game page and said she did not see this listed, said she checked the promotions on my account and did not see it, and could not find it on their computers where this was offered. Was placed on hold while she talked to a supervisor she tried giving me the extraction code as bonus although i had already received it.

This makes me think twice about later promotions because they say they have no record of this promotion. And to say "I cannot find any listing for this but will give you a one time exception since you say you claim you saw it on our site." almost sounds offending. I didn't need an exception as the offer was there for pre-orders. I guess next time I will not be able to get anything done as I have had my exception."

Disturbing if true, I hope this doesn't become a trend.[/QUOTE]That would be a disturbing trend, yes. I just did a print-to-PDF of the product pages for all four of the items I have pre-ordered that are showing the $10 promotional code or gift card. Backup information, just in case.

[quote name='Steve0Matic']Got my $10 credit release day and the extraction code the next day. I'd say it's time to follow up with them.[/QUOTE]I did get my extraction code already, though nothing for the $10 credit. Which is why I emailed them.

[quote name='Optical']I wish they would give Gift Cards for the Special/Limited Editions. :([/QUOTE]

I think they're assuming that people buying those don't care about saving money. :D

I got the same deal for left 4 dead 2. The problem was probably that I had amazon themselves add the game to my order, but a few days before it came out and while the 10$ promo was still active(double checked, only reason I got it on release). Didn't get my credit and they gave me a "one time exception" explaining when it had to be ordered by to get my credit. Even if they were going by the original order's date(which was like 2 months before the game got added on) it was still around october, well before the game came out. Luckily they did it so no fuss, but a little annoying. It's not like I ordered the game on release and pleaded for the extra credit or something.

[quote name='Vortextk']I got the same deal for left 4 dead 2. The problem was probably that I had amazon themselves add the game to my order, but a few days before it came out and while the 10$ promo was still active(double checked, only reason I got it on release). Didn't get my credit and they gave me a "one time exception" explaining when it had to be ordered by to get my credit. Even if they were going by the original order's date(which was like 2 months before the game got added on) it was still around october, well before the game came out. Luckily they did it so no fuss, but a little annoying. It's not like I ordered the game on release and pleaded for the extra credit or something.[/QUOTE]

I can definitely see that situation causing some trouble, but what I find kind of odd is I ordered it normally. The only problem i can possibly think of is the fact that I preordered Army of Two way back in October, when the ECA coupons were starting to become a rare breed. Back then I don't think Army of Two: 40th Day had a $10 GC, but from my experiences in the past i've always received all related deals (like GC's) and price drops that occur between the time I preordered and release day.

Still no response from my e-mail, probably should have just called.

Just ordered the Divine Edition of Dante's Inferno, aka the PS3 version. Since it ships before Heavy Rain, I should be able to put the $10 credit on my already pre-ordered copy of Heavy Rain.

[quote name='Oceaniax']Still no response from my e-mail, probably should have just called.[/QUOTE]I haven't gotten my 10 dollar off yet... I did get the extraction code or whatever the preorder MP mode is called.

Give them a few days... Its never automatic.

I emailed about my $10 for Army of two:

A promotional certificate for $10.00 was automatically added to your account, and you won't receive a claim code.

The balance only appears when you place a qualifying order and doesn't display in Your Account. You'll see the promotional funds listed in the order cost summary that appears just before you submit your order.

But nothing when I try to order. Maybe because I used an ECA Code...

[quote name='Stingermck']I emailed about my $10 for Army of two:

But nothing when I try to order. Maybe because I used an ECA Code...[/QUOTE]

I recieved the same wording in my reply, but when I checked I did indeed have the credit in my account. When you checked, were you sure to have a game shipped & sold by Amazon in your basket?

[quote name='Oceaniax']I recieved the same wording in my reply, but when I checked I did indeed have the credit in my account. When you checked, were you sure to have a game shipped & sold by Amazon in your basket?[/QUOTE]

Yeah make sure of that and that you are going far enough into the order for the credit to show up. For me the credits don't show up until the "How would you like to pay" screen. There I have the option to include the credit with the purchase. As long as the purchase qualifies..

[quote name='Oceaniax']I recieved the same wording in my reply, but when I checked I did indeed have the credit in my account. When you checked, were you sure to have a game shipped & sold by Amazon in your basket?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah make sure of that and that you are going far enough into the order for the credit to show up. For me the credits don't show up until the "How would you like to pay" screen. There I have the option to include the credit with the purchase. As long as the purchase qualifies..[/QUOTE]

Ive tried it with a pre-order from Amazon and an in stock. Go all the way to the final screen, and check the how would you like to pay screen, and nothing.

I wanted to give a quick heads-up to the people who pre-ordered Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. There's now an option for Release Date-delivery. So if you got Amazon Prime (most likely from the 3-month trials), then definitely go to your order and have the shipping method changed. Can't wait for this game to come out.

This is probably asked a lot, but if I get the $10 credit, can I get it to apply to an existing preorder (Splinter Cell: Conviction?).

[quote name='mrpink93485']This is probably asked a lot, but if I get the $10 credit, can I get it to apply to an existing preorder (Splinter Cell: Conviction?).[/QUOTE]

Just two pages ago, did you even try?

Short answer: No. Long answer: Most likely not, but you can try contacting amazon. Us customers have no way to access that credit and apply it to existing orders like you can with regular credit on the account.

[quote name='stonciddta']Still no $10 credit for Army of Two 40th Day[/QUOTE]

Same here. I emailed again and Amazon just doesnt seem to get it:

Hello,

I couldn't find the gift card order you asked about. Please send the information listed below, and we'll try to help.

1. Gift card claim code.

2. Street address or e-mail address where gift card was sent.

3. Name and e-mail address of the sender.

4. Order number (if possible).

[quote name='Stingermck']Same here. I emailed again and Amazon just doesn't seem to get it:[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I'll wait till Monday and see what gives... (Their reply is too humors for words.)

Knock on wood but I've never had problems with amazon's CS... (Outside of the knife for preordering Saboteur but I got that fixed.) and frankly have been quite nice to me.

I wanted to cancel an order (Alpha Protocol) that I used a 10 dollar of credit on since the game had been delayed into the next decade (or year. how ever you want to look at it) which I told them I would preorder it again they just gave me an addition credit to use right then and there.

[quote name='J Bling Blang']Not sure if this has been brought up, but if I pre-order a game, do I get charged at the time I confirm the order or when the game ships?[/QUOTE]

For anything on amazon you'll only get charged when the item ships

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Hey guys, when do they ship out release date delivery stuff? Have never done it before and I'm curious.[/QUOTE]
The day before or Friday if it comes out on a Monday from my experience.

[quote name='USB Cable']The day before or Friday if it comes out on a Monday from my experience.[/QUOTE]
So they overnight it then?

I payed the extra money for the release-date delivery for FFXIII, did I have to do that? I remember not getting a game until 2 days after it's release so I want to be safe this time.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I payed the extra money for the release-date delivery for FFXIII, did I have to do that? I remember not getting a game until 2 days after it's release so I want to be safe this time.[/QUOTE]

Get an amazon prime trial, it's somewhere here on the first page or two of threads, and release date is free on every title they offer. Even the regular 2day delivery I get, you never get a chance for release date with large orders for some reason, they ship it out before release like RDD but you just get it 2 days later, 1 day after release.

[quote name='Vortextk']Get an amazon prime trial, it's somewhere here on the first page or two of threads, and release date is free on every title they offer. Even the regular 2day delivery I get, you never get a chance for release date with large orders for some reason, they ship it out before release like RDD but you just get it 2 days later, 1 day after release.[/QUOTE]

but the Release Date shipping still gets me the game on the day it comes out right? even if it's a big game like FFXIII?

I think they've had instances where the release day shipping actually showed up the day after or something. It's subject to the vagaries of the post office. If you absolutely need it on the release date on pain of death, just go to the store.

Question: If you return a video game from another retail outlet (Toys R Us, Walmart ect.) to Amazon do they accept it? Do they have a system of knowing where the games come like they do with serial numbers for consoles for instance?

[quote name='0192837465']Question: If you return a video game from another retail outlet (Toys R Us, Walmart ect.) to Amazon do they accept it? Do they have a system of knowing where the games come like they do with serial numbers for consoles for instance?[/QUOTE]
As long as the UPC matches Amazon can't really tell. Most games from different retailers have the same UPCs except for those that have store specific/exclusive bonus items included.

bread's done
Back