Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']As long as the UPC matches Amazon can't really tell. Most games from different retailers have the same UPCs except for those that have store specific/exclusive bonus items included.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thank you.

[quote name='0192837465']Question: If you return a video game from another retail outlet (Toys R Us, Walmart ect.) to Amazon do they accept it? Do they have a system of knowing where the games come like they do with serial numbers for consoles for instance?[/QUOTE]
but amazon is going to hit you for shipping...

What you do is return your unopened amazon copy to wal-mart (or where ever) and get a full refund.

The Xbox Version of Bioshock 2 is currently $53.99 with the $10 credit. The PS3 version is $54.99 w/ $10 credit.

...I'm really tempted to do it, but I know I wouldn't get to it in a few weeks after it hits.

[quote name='KillerRamen']...I'm really tempted to do it, but I know I wouldn't get to it in a few weeks after it hits.[/QUOTE]
Then try out the free prime membership... ;)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Then try out the free prime membership... ;)[/QUOTE]

I have prime. I was meaning to say that my backlog is so big that it would be weeks before I put it in my Xbox.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I have prime. I was meaning to say that my backlog is so big that it would be weeks before I put it in my Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here... but with no major holidays I don't think you'll find a comparable price anytime soon.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Star Ocean: The Last Hope International and get a PDF of select pieces from the game's official strategy guide. A link to the PDF will be emailed within 10 business days after the release date. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Ocean-Last-International-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J4AM/ref=pd_sim_vg_5

...Yeah, it's not a giftcard, but it's something. (albeit not much.)

[quote name='KillerRamen']...Yeah, it's not a giftcard, but it's something. (albeit not much.)[/QUOTE]They did something similar with Uncharted 2 and the treasure locations... It was pretty worthless. (So much so I never redeemed mine.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']They did something similar with Uncharted 2 and the treasure locations... It was pretty worthless. (So much so I never redeemed mine.)[/QUOTE]

A bs video that showed the first 6 locations that was 1 gig large and could only be watched outside of the game. Most people thought it was going to be an in game locator. I called amazon to complain and they gave me a $5 dollar gift card.

About release date delivery, anyone here who has used it quite a bit? Not sure if someone answered, but I was wondering if you generally get it on the day of release. But I've heard of people alot of times not receiving the stuff until the day after. Just wondering if someone has used it a few times, and can shed some insight.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']About release date delivery, anyone here who has used it quite a bit? Not sure if someone answered, but I was wondering if you generally get it on the day of release. But I've heard of people alot of times not receiving the stuff until the day after. Just wondering if someone has used it a few times, and can shed some insight.[/QUOTE]
I have used it quite a bit with my Prime membership, and I don't actually ever recall getting a game late that had release-day delivery as an option. Interestingly enough, even though I live just a few miles from the local Amazon distribution center in Delaware, these days practically all of my release-day games are overnighted from Kentucky or some other place. Normally they ship via UPS on a Monday for a Tuesday delivery.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']So they overnight it then?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you figured it out by now but yes. Sorry I took so long to respond o_O

Well I was just asking about the overnight because it'd be cheaper for them to do 2 day and ship out on friday or something, wasn't sure if they went the more expensive overnight. Thanks for the answers though guys. Appreciate it.

Not like getting it a day late would matter anyway, Save 4 bucks by going the online route(still have tax with amazon :( ) Plus the GC I get with my order. It's all good.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Well I was just asking about the overnight because it'd be cheaper for them to do 2 day and ship out on friday or something, wasn't sure if they went the more expensive overnight. Thanks for the answers though guys. Appreciate it.

Not like getting it a day late would matter anyway, Save 4 bucks by going the online route(still have tax with amazon :( ) Plus the GC I get with my order. It's all good.[/QUOTE]For release date shipping, I've had them ship the game on Friday via two-day shipping as well as on Monday via one-day shipping.

Depends on the game and how quickly they get it in-stock to ship out. Recently, I think most of my games with Release Date Delivery have been shipped one-day on the day before release.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Well I was just asking about the overnight because it'd be cheaper for them to do 2 day and ship out on friday or something, wasn't sure if they went the more expensive overnight. Thanks for the answers though guys. Appreciate it.

Not like getting it a day late would matter anyway, Save 4 bucks by going the online route(still have tax with amazon :( ) Plus the GC I get with my order. It's all good.[/QUOTE]

another thing.. amazon is good about giving you credit if you don't receive it the day it's scheduled with prime or release day shipping... so I'd actually rather get things a day late :lol:

In for Split/Second (that must be a recent addition, I don't remember seeing it before). This might be a good year for arcade racers between this & the Criterion-developed Need for Speed. :)

Do these ever expire prior to the release?

Im holding out on FFXIII since I am looking to pick up Resonance of Fate and Yakuza 3, but if I get a decent tax return I might pick it up anyways. Is there any danger in waiting to pull the trigger?

I have never seen the preorder bonus expire. Just preorder now, you can always cancel before the release date without being charged.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Do these ever expire prior to the release?

Im holding out on FFXIII since I am looking to pick up Resonance of Fate and Yakuza 3, but if I get a decent tax return I might pick it up anyways. Is there any danger in waiting to pull the trigger?[/QUOTE]

Normally, never. I can't remember exact games but I thought one or two did lose it prior to release. Though xiii is still quite away off, I say to pre-order now, decide later.

Does anyone know if the $10 gaming credit can be used to purchase dlc packs off Amazon.com? I'd like to preorder Bioshock 2 and use my $10 credit to get some Motorstorm: PR tracks.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Does anyone know if the $10 gaming credit can be used to purchase dlc packs off Amazon.com? I'd like to preorder Bioshock 2 and use my $10 credit to get some Motorstorm: PR tracks.[/QUOTE]

I've used the credits for games, xbox marketplace games(no dlc in my case) and psn games. Think you're ok.

[quote name='Afflicted']another thing.. amazon is good about giving you credit if you don't receive it the day it's scheduled with prime or release day shipping... so I'd actually rather get things a day late :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well the thing is.........Is that there is a snow storm coming up here from CO this weekend. Could be bad around here or could be somewhat minor, who knows. The only time I've ever had shipments delayed(and I'll be damned it happens every winter, so I'm due) is when there is bad weather. But the storm is supposed to be through here by monday evening, so we'll see.

Even if it's delayed by weather, can't hurt to email them anyway and play dumb :lol:

Amazon's starting to get really lazy with these promotional codes. I had to call and get my Army of Two promo, and i've now had to do the same with Dark Void (which they initially denied me via e-mail, because that CS rep thought that since I had gotten one for Army of Two, I wouldn't qualify for the Dark Void promo).

I'm getting mighty tired of having to do this. If they're not certain they can get the code to you within two business days of the product shipping, they should just change the freaking wording on it to state "within 7 days", I'm sure it would save them a lot of hassle.

Can you apply the credit given to a preorder?

I just got 3D Dot Heroes in my gold box and would like to preorder it but only if I could later apply the credit I receive from Bioshock 2 and MAG. I see that preorders allow changing the credit card source but I don't see an option for gift card or credit.

[quote name='Kanik']Can you apply the credit given to a preorder?

I just got 3D Dot Heroes in my gold box and would like to preorder it but only if I could later apply the credit I receive from Bioshock 2 and MAG. I see that preorders allow changing the credit card source but I don't see an option for gift card or credit.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to call or email them.

sorry if this has been discussed
I bought mass effect 2 yesterday and they applied the $10 when I was in the checkout. So it was $56.99 - then $46.99 after "promotion" - so if I get another $10 a few days after it ships it will have costs me $36.99 - wow! thats cheap!

Also bioshock 2 doesn't have release date shipping....wtf?

[quote name='shimz']sorry if this has been discussed
I bought mass effect 2 yesterday and they applied the $10 when I was in the checkout. So it was $56.99 - then $46.99 after "promotion" - so if I get another $10 a few days after it ships it will have costs me $36.99 - wow! thats cheap![/QUOTE]

They don't apply the Mass Effect 2 promotion at checkout, so you either got very lucky on a glitch, or you already had another promotion on your account that was used. Are you sure that you hadn't ordered another game before with a $10 promotion that you hadn't used yet?

I definitely don't remember buying a game from amazon for quite some months...weird

anyway, hope heavy rain and bioshock get release date shipping soon!

I have a 20 credit from ordering MW2 a bit ago. If I order Mass Effect 2, can I use this $20 credit and still get the $10 Mass Effect 2 credit?

[quote name='Machikunas']I have a 20 credit from ordering MW2 a bit ago. If I order Mass Effect 2, can I use this $20 credit and still get the $10 Mass Effect 2 credit?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there shouldn't be a problem with that. Using credit on a game wouldn't affect the eligibility of receiving the credit from another one.

I just always take a screen cap of the item page where it shows at the top: "You placed an order for this item on XXXXX" so that way if there is any question there was a credit for the item I can send it to them to confirm.

Was bayonetta ever a part of this deal? I thought I saw that it was before, albeit briefly. I remember Tekken 6 had a similar brief gift card window for it as well.

[quote name='uthoria']anyone know if "Release date delivery" is via USPS or UPS?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Usually FedEx but I have received a few via UPS. However, I have never received any via USPS.

[quote name='uthoria']anyone know if "Release date delivery" is via USPS or UPS?

Thanks[/QUOTE]The only shipping method Amazon uses via USPS is Media Mail, which obviously they couldn't use for Release Date Delivery.

Almost all of mine have come via UPS, though once or twice, it's been FedEx.

[quote name='shrike4242']The only shipping method Amazon uses via USPS is Media Mail, which obviously they couldn't use for Release Date Delivery.

Almost all of mine have come via UPS, though once or twice, it's been FedEx.[/QUOTE]

I have had games and movies shipped to me via Priority Mail. . .not for release date delivery, however.

Anyone think there's a chance Amazon adds Pokemon SS/HG to their list? Been looking for cheap options for pre-ordering it.

[quote name='beastly115']Anyone think there's a chance Amazon adds Pokemon SS/HG to their list? Been looking for cheap options for pre-ordering it.[/QUOTE]

There's a chance but I think it would already be up there. Alan Wake doesn't have an official release date yet and just got one of these while Pokemon comes out in less than 2 months.

Anyone think Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition is going to get a $10 promotion? I don't know whether they typically give these rereleases (GOTY Edition, w/e) a $10 promotion...

So I just pre-ordered Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and got an email with a random promo code for $5 in Video on Demand credit as opposed to the $10 Video Game Credit... Does that usually get sent and/or applied before the order ships or will that show up (up to 48 hours? right?) after my order is sent out? I am just checking as this is the first time I have done any pre-ordering on Amazon, let alone one with any sort of bonus such as this $10 video game credit thing.

Wow, why did they add Alan Wake lol? Works for me since I have the PC version on order.

Did anyone else get spammed with notifications this weekend from Amazon about the $10 promo? Never seen them follow up about the addition of these promos before.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, why did they add Alan Wake lol? Works for me since I have the PC version on order.

Did anyone else get spammed with notifications this weekend from Amazon about the $10 promo? Never seen them follow up about the addition of these promos before.[/QUOTE]

I think it's time we had a chat about that. About the PC version...

[quote name='KingBroly']I think it's time we had a chat about that. About the PC version...[/QUOTE]
Ha, I don't know what to believe anymore. Amazon thinks it's still coming out, so that's good enough for me.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']You should get it AFTER you receive the game, or what is to stop people from getting the credit and then canceling and rebuying with the credit?[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I definitely understand that. I guess they just decided to throw a promo code at me so I try out Amazon VoD and maybe continue to pay for more of it in the future. I just got a bit nervous as it was my first time w/ all of this game credit stuff and wasn't 100% sure on protocol even after reading a few pages of this topic.

bread's done
Back