Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Email Amazon and complain, sometimes they refund you a few bucks for the shipping, since they in turn get refunded from UPS from missing the deadline.[/QUOTE]
I've been calling and acting sad all day lol. They gave me back $10 credit since I have prime and shipping was free. I love amazon ever so much lol.

Funny thing is Amazon shipped my wireless headset and BF BC2 separate, I got my headset but BF BC2 was delayed do to "EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL". They messed up last time it snowed ( I blame God and his awesomesauce) and today, otherwise UPS has been great so I'll cut them some slack.

UPS better not pull this shit tomorrow though I have like 4 boxes coming. If one is missing due to some bull shit excuse, fireballs will be chucked! O_O

Thanks for the responses. I guess I should wait until 7pm until I send an email, but based off of the UPS tracking information on their website it seems as though it won't be delivered until tomorrow.

[quote name='Enfuze']Thanks for the responses. I guess I should wait until 7pm until I send an email, but based off of the UPS tracking information on their website it seems as though it won't be delivered until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

yeah i remember for one game with RDD, it was already 6:30 pm and the game hadn't arrived, and so i started writing a email to amazon, right around the time i wrote the last sentence, the doorbell rang and i was pleasantly surprised

Well I went ahead and called Customer Service and I absolutely loved my first experience. They offered to give me $10.00 of credit on my acct. I'm very happy with how it all went. Now I'm anxious to get my hands on the game tomorrow!

[quote name='USB Cable']I got Battlefield BC2 with Release day delivery and it didn't get to me today, anyone else in the New York area?

I wanna shoot tings.....:cry:[/QUOTE]

Got mine today in albany. Also got my $20 promo too.

[quote name='Enfuze']Well I went ahead and called Customer Service and I absolutely loved my first experience. They offered to give me $10.00 of credit on my acct. I'm very happy with how it all went. Now I'm anxious to get my hands on the game tomorrow![/QUOTE]

nice. i'll admit the cheap ass in me always hopes that my game won't arrive on release day just so amazon will knock off a few more bucks from the game. although at the same time the gamer in me wants that game asap :D

God, shut up amazon. The second e-mail in a row stating YOU CAN GET A 10$ CREDIT WITH THE PRE-ORDER OF FFXIII. The last just came on the 1st.

Yeah, thanks, I already have it pre-ordered. Infact I had both versions pre-ordered till a week ago when I canceled the 360 one.

Thinking about using my $20 credit on Just Cause 2 and getting another $15 credit..

want to wait for an early review or impression or something first though :/

[quote name='fizzywix']Thinking about using my $20 credit on Just Cause 2 and getting another $15 credit..

want to wait for an early review or impression or something first though :/[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Just Cause 2 I think the demo comes out on 360/PS3/PC tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a try!

[quote name='fizzywix']Thinking about using my $20 credit on Just Cause 2 and getting another $15 credit..

want to wait for an early review or impression or something first though :/[/QUOTE]

Ditto

[quote name='miguel2003']I ordered both versions of Bad Company 2, for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I only receive $20 of credit, when I think I'm receiving $20 for each one. Send a message to amazon and see what's happen.[/QUOTE]
With Amazon CS being as cuddly as they are, they may hook you up with additional credit, but the terms of the offer clearly state "Limit one per household."

[quote name='NegativeZero']Any know what the chances are of amazon offering a credit with Super Street fighter IV?[/QUOTE]
I'd say better than even. They seem to be sticking them on practically every big name release. It might only be $5 though since the MSRP is $39.99.

I'm about to order this from Amazon but wanted to check here first. They are still promoting the $20 bonus credit with BC2 even after its release, or so it says on their site.

I was wondering if any one has ordered it post release from Amazon and received their $20 bonus credit?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'd say better than even. They seem to be sticking them on practically every big name release. It might only be $5 though since the MSRP is $39.99.[/QUOTE]

let's keep our fingers crossed because them doing that would make my preorder it with them, but the 360 ver is currently $3 higher than the PS3 ver for some stupid reason.

[quote name='NegativeZero']let's keep our fingers crossed because them doing that would make my preorder it with them, but the 360 ver is currently $3 higher than the PS3 ver for some stupid reason.[/QUOTE]
It'll get down to $36.99 at some point. It might go back up again to $39.99 right before release though, a lot of games seem to be doing that lately. I'd lock in the preorder now so you don't have to watch it.

Got my $20 promo from BC2 but no game yet, hasn't even shipped =/

Can I use the promo credit on marketplace orders that are fulfilled by Amazon?

[quote name='Vortextk']God, shut up amazon. The second e-mail in a row stating YOU CAN GET A 10$ CREDIT WITH THE PRE-ORDER OF FFXIII. The last just came on the 1st.[/QUOTE]
See, if you're a VIP like me they spam you three times up front and never again lol.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']i know this has been asked before, but getting amazon to apply promo credit on an open video game pre-order is ymmv, right?[/QUOTE]
Yes, and from what I understand, what they actually do is lower the price of the item in your order. That's something you might want to stay away from, because if a preorder price lowers, say from $59.99 to $56.99, it's not going to trigger anything on your order if the price has already been manually lowered to $49.99 by a CSR.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']i know this has been asked before, but getting amazon to apply promo credit on an open video game pre-order is ymmv, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have had it done 3 or 4 times (they just manually lowered the price of the item the amount of the credit) but last time I asked they refused with some nonsensical explanation. There was also someone within the last page or two who said they got shot down.

[quote name='Flak']Got my $20 promo from BC2 but no game yet, hasn't even shipped =/

Can I use the promo credit on marketplace orders that are fulfilled by Amazon?[/QUOTE]
No, you can't

EDIT:
Also guys, FFXIII, Red Dead Redemption, Mafia II or Just Cause 2? which one to choose to spend the $30 credit from buying BFBC2?

so i asked amazon customer service to apply the $20 promo credit on the rest of of my open pre-order

the cs rep couldnt do it, so they decided to refund me $20 instead

works for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had it applied to my giant eca pre-order and they applied it to Dead Space 2. Not exactly sure why I thought it'd take off 20 from the first thing that ships off that cluster fuck of an order.

Well, won't be seeing that for a while.

[quote name='nekromantix']Had it applied to my giant eca pre-order and they applied it to Dead Space 2. Not exactly sure why I thought it'd take off 20 from the first thing that ships off that cluster fuck of an order.

Well, won't be seeing that for a while.[/QUOTE]

Did they just manually alter the price? In that case, you lose the 10/20/30% ECA discount on that $20. I've stopped asking then to apply my promotional credit to my pre-orders because I don't want to get 7 dollars off for every 10 of credit used. Plus you don't benefit if the price of the item goes down before release date.

I'm just going to use these credits on things like Live Point cards or sub-$20 games in the future.

Okay, I'm new to the Amazon credit stuff. I've never done it before, but I've ordered from Amazon quite a bit, and I'm even a prime member.

So I'm trying to understand how this works. So I ordered Bad Company 2 last night. It said that I get $20 credited to my account for my next videogame purchase. Is it automatic? Like, if I pre-order God of War III will it automatically knock $20 off when I check out? Or do they email me a code to use?

Here's what my email says: "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships."

I've checked my account on Amazon, and it doesn't say anything about it. The game shipped this morning. Maybe I should give it more time?

[quote name='FroBoy']Okay, I'm new to the Amazon credit stuff. I've never done it before, but I've ordered from Amazon quite a bit, and I'm even a prime member.

So I'm trying to understand how this works. So I ordered Bad Company 2 last night. It said that I get $20 credited to my account for my next videogame purchase. Is it automatic? Like, if I pre-order God of War III will it automatically knock $20 off when I check out? Or do they email me a code to use?

Here's what my email says: "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships."

I've checked my account on Amazon, and it doesn't say anything about it. The game shipped this morning. Maybe I should give it more time?[/QUOTE]

You can go to checkout before you place the order and see the $20 credit automatically apply. There is no code to input or received.

When the credit comes in, it'll just be on your account. When you add anything to your cart that it applies to and go to the checkout page(you don't actually have to submit the order to see), it'll show whatever credit you have as a -$XX.XX to the price.

[quote name='Moravagine']Did they just manually alter the price? In that case, you lose the 10/20/30% ECA discount on that $20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was manually altered. In hindsight I'd probably go about squandering my 20 dollar credit a different way if given another chance. Guess Dead Space 2 for 29.25 isn't the worst of outcomes. :)

[quote name='miguel2003']I ordered both versions of Bad Company 2, for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I only receive $20 of credit, when I think I'm receiving $20 for each one. Send a message to amazon and see what's happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ithebigc']Let me know what happens, yeah? The credit is still showing up on page, except now it says order it and get $20 instead of preorder it and get $20. I already picked up a PS3 version, but I wouldn't mind picking up an Xbox 360 version for a friend since it'll be his birthday soon. And then I'll spend $40 ($20 from PS3, $20 from Xbox 360) credit on Pokemon.[/QUOTE]Promotion says "Limit one per household" so unless you use a different account to order it, you won't get credited for the 2nd copy. I don't think shipping it to a different address works either.

Maybe a variant of this question has been asked before, but - The release date of Red Dead Redemption just got pushed to May. Since the BF:BC2 $20 credit is only good up to the end of April, can I still pre-order Red Dead and save $20?

In other words: Although I can pre-order RDR before the end of April, I wouldn't actually be paying for my purchase until May, so can I still get $20 off RDR or not?

[quote name='GodspedEmperor']Maybe a variant of this question has been asked before, but - The release date of Red Dead Redemption just got pushed to May. Since the BF:BC2 $20 credit is only good up to the end of April, can I still pre-order Red Dead and save $20?

In other words: Although I can pre-order RDR before the end of April, I wouldn't actually be paying for my purchase until May, so can I still get $20 off RDR or not?[/QUOTE]

yes you can as long as it is on an order it wont expire , But to be safe after making the order I wouldnt mess with changing payment methods and stuff

very disappointed with Amazon, I pre-ordered Bad Company 2 for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I'm thinkg to receive $20 for the Xbox and $20 for de Ps3, and they told me that I qualify just for $20.... very disappointed....

[quote name='miguel2003']very disappointed with Amazon, I pre-ordered Bad Company 2 for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I'm thinkg to receive $20 for the Xbox and $20 for de Ps3, and they told me that I qualify just for $20.... very disappointed....[/QUOTE]

just say you didn't receive the credit for one of the games and YMMV with a cust. rep. i mean some people got up to $30 back..

[quote name='jubeininja69']just say you didn't receive the credit for one of the games and YMMV with a cust. rep. i mean some people got up to $30 back..[/QUOTE]

I send a message for them... hope it works... On october, I pre-ordered Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I receive $20 for each one.... don't know why it happens this time.

Hmmm... i'm having a tough time getting this... I play CoD... but im not a fan boy... i tried the demo and it was fun... I like the whole idea of a squad... i was thinking of getting this and using the $20 credit for SSFIV...

for those of you that do have it do you like it? any regrets?

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Hmmm... i'm having a tough time getting this... I play CoD... but im not a fan boy... i tried the demo and it was fun... I like the whole idea of a squad... i was thinking of getting this and using the $20 credit for SSFIV...

for those of you that do have it do you like it? any regrets?[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY love , If your getting it for the 360 I heard that there are some connection issues but EA just put up 1 or 2 more servers so it should be fixed ASAP

[quote name='jubeininja69']just say you didn't receive the credit for one of the games and YMMV with a cust. rep. i mean some people got up to $30 back..[/QUOTE]I doubt it's gonna work. They're not sending you a code to redeem the $20. It goes straight into your account as a credit and I'm sure they would have records of who has been credited and who has not.

[quote name='miguel2003']I send a message for them... hope it works... On october, I pre-ordered Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I receive $20 for each one.... don't know why it happens this time.[/QUOTE]Like I said, it says specifically on the product page "Limit One Per Household", so they're probably enforcing it more than they did last year.

Seriously... People still have ECA codes. o_O

I think I'll get GoW Collection with my $20 credit for $10; then roll that $5 credit on to GoW 3 for $52 and a $10 credit. Three games for $62 bucks and a $10 credit.

Then I'm thinking Mass Effect 2 for $38 isn't a bad deal.

[quote name='Xerxes']Seriously... People still have ECA codes. o_O

I think I'll get GoW Collection with my $20 credit for $10; then roll that $5 credit on to GoW 3 for $52 and a $10 credit. Three games for $62 bucks and a $10 credit.

Then I'm thinking Mass Effect 2 for $38 isn't a bad deal.[/QUOTE]Can't believe Mass Effect 2 is only $48 at Amazon right now.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Can't believe Mass Effect 2 is only $48 at Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]

You can say that again. Dragon Age is back up at $56 and that came out in November.

I went with free shipping. I'm hopping USPS is only lagging on the tracking site, but my product has only been updated once, that it arrived at the Phoenix, Arizona USPS. I remember one time I ordered something and my status said it didn't receive anything until the day it arrived and USPS magically put the entire tracking history up.

bread's done
Back