Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I hope Starcraft doesn't have activation, because I want to buy that so badly. It looks awesome, like they did EVERYTHING right for *me*. Has the awesome units, the base building, the story. Plus it even drops worrying about syncing up the single and multiplayer, so that hopefully the singleplayer is even better, 'cause they can just throw out whatever units and situations they want, without worrying about multiplayer balance.

And then there's upgrades that persist between missions, and the adventure segments on your ship...just awesome stuff.

EVERY RTS (save for Pikmin and Dragon Force) I've played since StarCraft has, at best, made me think "this is okay, but I'd have more fun replaying StarCraft" :lol:

[quote name='Zaku77']For God's sake. One person doing this isn't going to ruin the whole thing. I would rather just get it from them, but Gamestop has the "Special Edition" for the same price.

Just askin' folks![/QUOTE]

How about you just cancel your Amazon order now then.

How do I check how much "Five Dollar Mp3 Credit" you have on Amazon. I got one for buying a controller for the 360, but I previously got credit last year I never used. I remember you could seen it in the past when puchasing a song, but I'm afraid to test it now it lists "One click purchase".

Amazon has added a $10 credit to Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on all platforms. Combined w/ the $5 coupon & this is a pretty good deal. :)

[quote name='argyle']Amazon has added a $10 credit to Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on all platforms. Combined w/ the $5 coupon & this is a pretty good deal. :)[/QUOTE]
Except that it's PoP, which means it will be $20 after a month.

[quote name='Jodou']Except that it's PoP, which means it will be $20 after a month.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I thought we were sharing deals, not criticizing them. I'll keep them to myself from now on. :roll:

[quote name='argyle']I'm sorry, I thought we were sharing deals, not criticizing them. I'll keep them to myself from now on. :roll:[/QUOTE]

He's probably not that far off, but still it's good to post whenever there's an update so thanks for posting and don't stop because of comments like that.

If you want it though get it quick while the "popersia" coupon is still working and it's 56.99 for Xbox and 55.99 for PS3 before the $5 coupon.

In any case, ubisoft or not at this point, nearly any game can be gotten for 40 bucks a month or two after release or even less. Gamestop coupons, amazon/gs price wars with the 10$ coupons, k-mart thread, lots of used deals from places like gamefly or familyvideo online and of course these pre-order deals. That's the nature of the beast at this point so it's a good reminder that games will drop, but 35-45 net on day of release is still not bad if you have to have it.

Anyone know how fast Amazon is on free shipping with preorders? I ordered RDR and it says my shipping estimate is May 24 and my delivery estimate is June 1.

Usually, and this isn't with all website but, free shipping unless it is overnight or 2-3 day shipping, it is more than likely handled slowly and not processed and quickly as other "paid" shipping methods are.

- Jason

[quote name='Pasty']Anyone know how fast Amazon is on free shipping with preorders? I ordered RDR and it says my shipping estimate is May 24 and my delivery estimate is June 1.[/QUOTE]
They always set a long time for FSS but you should definitely get it before June 1st.

[quote name='Pasty']Anyone know how fast Amazon is on free shipping with preorders? I ordered RDR and it says my shipping estimate is May 24 and my delivery estimate is June 1.[/QUOTE]

hmm, mine said same day as release, hope they keep there promise lol but as far as the free, I usually get stuff 5 days later

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rirse']How do I check how much "Five Dollar Mp3 Credit" you have on Amazon. I got one for buying a controller for the 360, but I previously got credit last year I never used. I remember you could seen it in the past when puchasing a song, but I'm afraid to test it now it lists "One click purchase".[/QUOTE]
Find an album in MP3 downloads and then click the hyperlink below the Buy button. The hyperlink says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance'.

This is kind of related to this thread, could someone help me out?

I recently ordered Demon's Souls and it said it came with a $10 GC for use on other game purchases. Problem is, they never sent me the email, and I've had the game for about a week. Where would I email to complain?

Thanks.

[quote name='Pojo']This is kind of related to this thread, could someone help me out?

I recently ordered Demon's Souls and it said it came with a $10 GC for use on other game purchases. Problem is, they never sent me the email, and I've had the game for about a week. Where would I email to complain?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

just google amazon customer service

I'm having the same problem with more than one game I ordered during that promotion. I've sent them one email already but they never got back to me.

Anyone know what all comes with $5 credit? I got one immediately with RDR. Ordered Thriving Ivory's mp3 cd. Sounded good from the preview, calm and relaxing.

I'm new to ordering games on 1st day delivery (I usually do Gamestop)

I just pre ordered Red Dead Redemption with release day delivery and it comes with a $20 promotion by Amazon. When do I get my credit from Amazon? Is it only usable on games or can I do it on other stuff? Does it always come on release day?

Thanks.

[quote name='CyReN']I'm new to ordering games on 1st day delivery (I usually do Gamestop)

I just pre ordered Red Dead Redemption with release day delivery and it comes with a $20 promotion by Amazon. When do I get my credit from Amazon? Is it only usable on games or can I do it on other stuff? Does it always come on release day?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

When do I get my credit from Amazon?
-Within 2 business days after the product ships.

Is it only usable on games?
-Game credits are only good on future game purchases shipped and sold by Amazon, however gift cards are good for anything on Amazon. (Red Dead Redemption comes with a gift card)

Does it always come on release day?
-That's why it's called release date delivery. In the event of a missed delivery, you will be refunded the shipping charge.

All of this information is available in the OP.

Both FFXIII and Nier credits took more like a week for me, but they were automated e-mails(not manual credits done a week after not receiving it), so take that into account.

I'm think about getting red dead redemption and then use the $20 credit to get GTA episodes from liberty city.

Would I still get free shipping for GTA episodes from liberty city even though it is $10 after the credit?

I went to preorder Alan Wake , but I can't get release date delivery to show up? I've seen some people mention it though, is it bugged like the credit was?

[quote name='Fwirth']I'm think about getting red dead redemption and then use the $20 credit to get GTA episodes from liberty city.

Would I still get free shipping for GTA episodes from liberty city even though it is $10 after the credit?[/QUOTE]
Yes

[quote name='I7esperado']I went to preorder Alan Wake , but I can't get release date delivery to show up? I've seen some people mention it though, is it bugged like the credit was?[/QUOTE]
I noticed it was missing, but when I ordered it it was still on there.

Placing my order for RDR, I got this message:

"Upon order of your purchased qualifying video games item, you will receive an email indicating that the $5 credit for Amazon MP3 music downloads has been applied to your account automatically. The credit may be used only for Amazon MP3 downloads available at www.amazon.com. You must redeem your credit (in one or more transactions) for Amazon MP3 downloads by July 15, 2010. Customers may only become eligible for the $5 MP3 offer once during the May 7, 2010 to June 15, 2010 promotional period.

It didn't mention anything about the $20 GC...I'm guessing you get the $20 GC plus this? If you know, please elaborate.

Also I wasn't aware Prime gave you free release date delivery...frigging awesome.

[quote name='I7esperado']I went to preorder Alan Wake , but I can't get release date delivery to show up? I've seen some people mention it though, is it bugged like the credit was?[/QUOTE]

hmm, just a customer service rep who doesn't know whats going on , or something else? I have gotten other release date deliveries and have a few other games preordered right now with it.

Hello,

I'm sorry about the problem you had with your order.

I've checked your order and see that you have placed this order using Two-Day Shipping instead of using our Release-Date Delivery option.

We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option after we've confirmed available inventory with our suppliers and are certain we can meet our delivery promise to you.

In order to get that delivery option that it is available, you will need to cancel your existing pre-order and place a new order for this item. If you enter an eligible shipping address during checkout when placing your new order, the Release-Date Delivery shipping option will appear among your shipping choices.

To compensate for this inconvenience, I have upgraded the shipping method of this order to One day shipping, so that you may receive the order within 1 or 2 business days after the order has been shipped.
Can someone else confirm for me that you see release date delivery with a new order, not existing?

I just tried to place a preorder for Alan Wake, release day delivery is not an option anymore.

Doesn't matter to me... it gives me two days to play RDR while Alan Wake comes.

Pre-ordered on the PS3, even tho I have both systems. Not overly concerned about rumors that may or may not be true. Just Cause 2 runs slightly better on the 360, but it's still a complete blast on the PS3, and that's where I own it. At the end of the day, a lot is made about small differences between platforms in most cases. In 99% of cases, you could sit most of the people who make a big deal about this kind of stuff down in front of 2 TVs running the 2 versions, and they wouldn't be able to differentiate and 2, especially if you're sitting more than a couple of feet from your TV.

Amazon fixed the missing $10 credit for buying Demon's Souls. Called it a "technical error". Whatever, works for me!

[quote name='tominater12']Why is borderlands and uncharted 2 up there?[/QUOTE]
A week ago they had 10 dollar credits on them, Amazon was matching Gamestop on their deals, I guess they just haven't been taken down yet.

[quote name='mitnosi']Alan Wake has its Release Date Delivery option back in case anyone didn't get it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, been checking Amazon daily for release-date delivery. Hopefully the $10 promo won't end on release, I would rather apply by $20 from RDR on it.

[quote name='menikmati']Thanks, been checking Amazon daily for release-date delivery. Hopefully the $10 promo won't end on release, I would rather apply by $20 from RDR on it.[/QUOTE]

Just curious. Why have you been checking daily for release-date delivery if you never planned on pre-ordering?

Well, I had an Amazon pre-order for Halo Reach when they first offered the $20 credit. Then I cancelled last week when I noticed they offered a limited edition. So I created a new order and asked their customer service to transfer the $20 future credit over. They emailed me back and claimed they couldn't do that for the other 2 versions so I left the order stand until some other deals came down the pike.

Today, I emailed them with the link to Gamestop's $20 future credit for ANY edition and this is the replay I got back:

Hello,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I'm very sorry about the misunderstanding.

Because of the circumstances, I've made an exception to our standard policy, and I've reduced the cost of your order by $59.99.

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

It is our absolute commitment to provide you the best possible customer service. Should you need any further assistance with this issue, please click the link below to tell us when and where to get in touch with you, and a dedicated customer service representative will contact you by phone to provide resolution.

If you notice, the one line above says they reduced the price BY $59.99 - which I think they mean TO $59.99 - gotta love outsourcing !

I hope this can help other cags trying to score a deal through amazon.

Enjoy !

DDD-

[quote name='dino88']Just curious. Why have you been checking daily for release-date delivery if you never planned on pre-ordering?[/QUOTE]

Just curious and indecisive, I might get it on launch or wait later, depending on how RDR grabs me.

[quote name='blueweltall']Just notice Wal-Mart is offering $20 credit to any version of Halo Reach. It is only a matter of time before Amazon match it![/QUOTE]

I just noted this 4-5 posts back. They actually did me one better and offered me the Limited Edition for $59.99 !

DDD-

Is it possible for Amazon to apply $10 to a previous preorder?

I emailed them asking to do this and the guy said it was impossible.

I got $10 from SSFIV and wanted to use it on SMG2. I can't just cancel SMG2 and do it all over again because I don't want to lose the gold box discount on it.

Impossible to actually apply it, I think. What they do is take the credit and then like lower the price of the game in your order by 10 bucks instead. Whenever I read about people trying, it seems that while a few can get it to work most can't.

[quote name='Vortextk']Impossible to actually apply it, I think. What they do is take the credit and then like lower the price of the game in your order by 10 bucks instead. Whenever I read about people trying, it seems that while a few can get it to work most can't.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay cool thanks. I'll just save it for something else then.

I always use mine on like points or psn cards. With prime I have free shipping anyway and that's always something cheap and easy to use it on. Accessories work too, if you need a controller or something.

ugh i just found out reviews for RED DEAD go up the 17th, and i have the 360 and ps3 preordered. I don't have xbox live but if the ps3 version sucks i don't want it.

[quote name='Vortextk']Impossible to actually apply it, I think. What they do is take the credit and then like lower the price of the game in your order by 10 bucks instead. Whenever I read about people trying, it seems that while a few can get it to work most can't.[/QUOTE]

I was able in the past to get a csr to lower a previously pre ordered game 10 bucks and just delete the 10 gaming credit on 2 different occasions.

bread's done
Back