Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - There's no longer a credit for Green Day RB.

I am glad to see one added for RB3, but would like to see it on the keyboard bundle as someone else mentioned.

[quote name='icedrake523']Has anyone returned a game after using the video game credit that came with it?[/QUOTE]

Here's the T&C for the promotions:
[quote name='Amazon promotion T&C']Terms and Conditions

• The promotion is limited to one per customer.
  • The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
  • If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the promotional code will not apply.
  • The promotion applies only to qualifying pre-orders displaying the offer message on their product information pages.
  • The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. Macys, Target, etc.) do not qualify.
  • If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
  • Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Void where prohibited.
[/quote]From what they're saying above, they would deduct the promotional amount from the return, so you'd be docked $10 or $20 from the value of the return.

That language about them holding back the value of the promotional code when you return it is somewhat new, as I don't remember seeing it any more than a couple of months ago.

I got Metroid in my gold box so i ordered. I wasn't planning on getting it but $47.50 with a $20 GC makes it a nice b-day treat for me.

[quote name='abhinav']I got Metroid in my gold box so i ordered. I wasn't planning on getting it but $47.50 with a $20 GC makes it a nice b-day treat for me.[/QUOTE]

I got it in my goldbox too! I was going to order it from Amazon.com anyway (I have a ton of credit, and wanted to use my $20 galaxy credit), but the goldbox + $20 gc is amazing.

The $20 GC credit cycle lives on! I hope Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, The all have a $20 GC as well. I ordered all 3 already because they were in my goldbox. 5% is still a decent discount! I need my first party Nintendo games on day 1 anyway, so I mind as well get them discounted and hopefully with GC's!

[quote name='kodave']Nope.Com[/QUOTE]

Not by default but you can always change your rosters. Granted, Miami will be the most picked team online.

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm not seeing $10 credit for either GT5 or MoH :([/QUOTE]

Look at the "Special Products and Promotions" section. It's there.

Anyone have a screenshot of the Crackdown 2 $10 credit? When I wrote Amazon, the rep I talked to said they were unable to locate any such promotion ever offered for the game.

Wait, it is still being offered? Puzzling then how the rep was unable to find it...

[quote name='Moravagine']Anyone have a screenshot of the Crackdown 2 $10 credit? When I wrote Amazon, the rep I talked to said they were unable to locate any such promotion ever offered for the game.

Wait, it is still being offered? Puzzling then how the rep was unable to find it...[/QUOTE]

Uh, it's still on the product page right now. I emailed yesterday and they applied it within the hour.

I've now emailed twice about the Crackdown 2 credit. The first rep said he was uanble to locate any such promotion even though it is still being offered; the second gave me an in-game armor code.

Amazon is always my preferred retailer but the way they handle/botch these credits is getting pretty frustrating.

[quote name='Moravagine']I've now emailed twice about the Crackdown 2 credit. The first rep said he was uanble to locate any such promotion even though it is still being offered; the second gave me an in-game armor code.

Amazon is always my preferred retailer but the way they handle/botch these credits is getting pretty frustrating.[/QUOTE]
LMAO, you have to write in clear, precise terms and shove their nose in what the promotion is. Otherwise that's what you'll get.

Lately they've been pissing me off by taking over 24 hours to reply to requests. That and the site has been shitty, sometimes timing out altogether.

[quote name='Jodou']LMAO, you have to write in clear, precise terms and shove their nose in what the promotion is. Otherwise that's what you'll get.

Lately they've been pissing me off by taking over 24 hours to reply to requests. That and the site has been shitty, sometimes timing out altogether.[/QUOTE]

I thought the damn screen shot I included would be clear enough; apparently not. This time I included the screen shot AND specifically quoted the entire $10 credit section rather than just paraphrasing.

The only positive is that when they issue the credit mannually, they usually end up just giving me generic credit I can use for anything rather than one specifically limited to video games.

EDIT: Sweet, they issued me $10 on credit I can use on any item sold by Amazon. Same thing they did with the $20 singularity credit. Much better than the limited video game credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has always been good, except for lately, I had to chase down my last 3 pre-order bonuses and my last 4 Game Credits.

Does anyone think there's a chance that Starcraft 2 will be given a credit either before it comes out or after release? It's set to release on the 27th so there's not much time before release. I think I've seen them offer credits after release but I'm not 100 percent sure on this. Best Buy is currently offering a 500 point reward on the game. I'm just looking to get the best deal on this.

I emailed them Friday night about my missing Crackdown 2 credit, and today I got this response:

"I need to look into this issue, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution."

While I've certainly had all kinds of off the wall responses from Amazon reps, can't say I've had that one before. I'll give them a day or so to respond, then email again. If anyone does have a screen shot of the promo, could you post it? Thanks

[quote name='Thrakker']I emailed them Friday night about my missing Crackdown 2 credit, and today I got this response:

"I need to look into this issue, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution."

While I've certainly had all kinds of off the wall responses from Amazon reps, can't say I've had that one before. I'll give them a day or so to respond, then email again. If anyone does have a screen shot of the promo, could you post it? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Not trying to defend Amazon on this. But I can say that I've had them send the problem to the marketing team on these credits twice and it does take 3-4 days but they always got back to me and always fixed the problem.

Ok thanks. I'll give them some time. Like I said, I've gotten all kinds of weird responses from them before, but this was a new one to me.

[quote name='Thrakker']Ok thanks. I'll give them some time. Like I said, I've gotten all kinds of weird responses from them before, but this was a new one to me.[/QUOTE]
I get the 2-3 delay email almost every time I email customer support. It must depend on who you get. Now I usually just call.

The weird one on my Crackdown 2 credit was as soon as the 2 business day window closed, I checked on my account and it wasn't there. I e-mailed them and later got a response telling me its already there. No e-mail notice showed and the rep just acted like I should've looked in my account (even though I did before I e-mailed).

Can't believe I've gone this long without having a problem with Amazon, seemed like every single flippin day I was on them trying to get a bonus or a credit, I can only imagine this Fall could be hell. Not having a problem now, just happy with all these new bonuses and release-date delivery options that're now available for games like GT5 & FF, even Metroid has release-date now, with the guide. I just wish Sin & Punishment would drop a few more pennies, I have the Singularity $20 credit waiting to be used.

[quote name='stonciddta']Amazon has always been good, except for lately, I had to chase down my last 3 pre-order bonuses and my last 4 Game Credits.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with my last pre-order bonus too. Most of the time I get the bonus emailed the day before/of/after... didn't happen. I know it says it could take up to 10 days or whatever so I waited, even though others had gotten their codes days before....but still nothing. I called on like the 10th day and the rep on the phone said that I definitely should have gotten the bonus code and she would pass it on to their games department and I'd hear from them within 24 hours. I think it was 3 days later they sent an email saying it could take 14 days to get the code and if I don't get it in another day or two, to call/email back. I waited, no code. I emailed back and was nice, but said the whole thing was a little ridiculous and I was going to return the game (I still hadn't opened it because of the missing code) if they didn't send the code. They emailed back and said they had sent it days ago and it must have gone to my junk/spam folder but, oh, here's another code because we're so nice. I did look in my spam folder - no emails from them in there. I hope this cs b.s. isn't a trend.

i jumped on preordering star wars when it was 56.99 hoping it would get a credit someday, and now its paying off. yessss.lol

plus i have the singularity credit, so 36.99 for a new game with no tax and free shipping..awesomeness.

Great, just cause I pre-ordered Crackdown 2 last year now they feel I shouldn't get the credit. Christ sakes, I guess I'll just cancel and re-order whenever the offer goes up or something... for fucks sakes.

what do you guys think? should I pre-order fable iii from amazon? I have about $20 in credit to use by the 15th....doesn't seem so bad...but do u think there might be better?

Amazon needs to quit slacking and match Wal-Mart on Fable III ($20 card instead of $10). If they do, I'll go ahead and use my credit to place a preorder.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']Great, just cause I pre-ordered Crackdown 2 last year now they feel I shouldn't get the credit. Christ sakes, I guess I'll just cancel and re-order whenever the offer goes up or something... for fucks sakes.[/QUOTE]
I think there must have been an issue with Crackdown 2, because I've heard from a couple people now that they had to fight to get it.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry but I was not able to find an offer for a $10.00 promotional certificate with a pre-order of "Crackdown".

Please write back with specific details of the problems you encountered and any specific details of the promotion you were attempting to use. Some details we would like to have are:

- The promotional claim code for the offer.
- The error message you receive when trying to use apply the promotion.
- The URL or directions to where the promotional offer was located on Amazon.com.
- Any dates listed within the offer.
- The product category the offer is related to.
- The name of any specific items eligible for the offer.
- And, any other specific details of the offer you can locate.

Once we've received this information, we will investigate the situation and contact you back with further information.
Of course you can't find one for Crackdown, it was Crackdown 2, idiots, the lot of them... :bomb:

[quote name='Jodou']I think there must have been an issue with Crackdown 2, because I've heard from a couple people now that they had to fight to get it.[/QUOTE]
I never received the credit and had to request it, but in the end got a $10 generic credit instead of video game credit.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Amazon needs to quit slacking and match Wal-Mart on Fable III ($20 card instead of $10). If they do, I'll go ahead and use my credit to place a preorder.[/QUOTE]

ah yea I really hope they do! I've already submitted a "Tell us about a Lower Price" form on amazon....here's hoping they pay attention. If they do...done. I'm buying it from amazon.

anyone ever do the release date delivery on amazon? wondering if I should pay it...I would like to play it the day it comes out depending on price and if it definitely got to me that day.

I'm also waiting for my Crackdown 2 credit and got the reply telling me to wait a day or two so they can look into it. The morons have already had almost a week...

[quote name='super_dawn']ah yea I really hope they do! I've already submitted a "Tell us about a Lower Price" form on amazon....here's hoping they pay attention. If they do...done. I'm buying it from amazon.
[/QUOTE]
Any chance at getting a link to that "Tell us about a Lower Price" form?

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm also waiting for my Crackdown 2 credit and got the reply telling me to wait a day or two so they can look into it. The morons have already had almost a week...[/QUOTE]
You just got an idiot; there's no reason they need to look into it, they just need to issue the credit. I'd be on the phone with them if they tried to feed me that load of bullshit.

[quote name='super_dawn']anyone ever do the release date delivery on amazon? wondering if I should pay it...I would like to play it the day it comes out depending on price and if it definitely got to me that day.[/QUOTE]RDD normally ends up being next-day shipping from the day before the release date. So, it should ship out on Monday and you'd get it the next day. Occasionally, it's shipped two day on Friday for delivery on Tuesday.

It's free if you have Amazon Prime, and not free if you don't. Completely up to you if you want to spend the money on the RDD shipping, though as I have Prime, it's automatic for me, and one more reason to get Amazon Prime.

[quote name='super_dawn']ah yea I really hope they do! I've already submitted a "Tell us about a Lower Price" form on amazon....here's hoping they pay attention. If they do...done. I'm buying it from amazon.
[/QUOTE]

Where's this form you speak of, i'd like to submit one as well for a 20 dollar GC and also try to find out why they never package them with the CE of games

[quote name='mitnosi']Any chance at getting a link to that "Tell us about a Lower Price" form?[/QUOTE]

It's usually on an items page toward the bottom. There's a bluish colored "Feedback" box and the link to submit a lower price is in that box.

amazon has star wars: tfu2 and fable 3 coming out the same day and both come out to the same price. decisions, decisions....

I also haven't received my Crackdown 2 credit. It's weird that a company as big as Amazon has trouble handling simple promotions like this. I know I'll get my credit after an email or two, but this problem with early pre-orders not getting the promotion isn't exactly new.

Wow...they just sent me this in response to my email about the Crackdown 2 credit:
"Hello,
I've researched this promotion, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, qualifying orders must be placed between April 20, 2010 and July 6, 2010."

Every video game credit page says "promotion valid on all existing orders", so why wouldn't Crackdown 2 have the same deal? Anyone have a screenshot to prove they're lying?

[quote name='Jodou']Sure that wasn't a 3rd party? Lowest I've seen was $50. :\[/QUOTE]

Long story short... a phone call, that left me annoyed* as hell, netted me a 4 dollar refund (it was the price when it shipped) on the preorder guarantee. (* Waited till the good time to call CS but got a rep you didn't know a darn thing... I literally felt like I had to stand over his shoulders while he typed...)

Today, I chose to email about my lack of VG credit but noted my continued displeasure at the preorder guarantee and that the game was now 49.99...

I got the rest of my refund on the PG price (6 dollars) but no VG credit...

Oh well. Almost there. :roll:

[quote name='ShockandAww']It's usually on an items page toward the bottom. There's a bluish colored "Feedback" box and the link to submit a lower price is in that box.[/QUOTE]
Thanks I submitted it too bad they dont let you add in the fact the gift card amount, or am I suppose to subtract that from the price?

[quote name='Codemaster']Wow...they just sent me this in response to my email about the Crackdown 2 credit:
"Hello,
I've researched this promotion, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, qualifying orders must be placed between April 20, 2010 and July 6, 2010."

Every video game credit page says "promotion valid on all existing orders", so why wouldn't Crackdown 2 have the same deal? Anyone have a screenshot to prove they're lying?[/QUOTE]See if this works for you:

http://imageshack.us

bread's done
Back