Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I also locked in the $48 price on DR2. I hope they remember to give me the credit since the order was placed awhile ago.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. Worse comes to worse, you can just e-mail customer service. Whenever I've had an issue with stuff like this, they tend to resolve it fairly painlessly.

i guess the new $10 credit for DR2 makes up my mind for me i was goin to cancel my order due to the fact that i wouldnt play this game for a while but oh well $48 and a $10 credit is well worth it

[quote name='DirkDiggler']The credit gets applied to pre-orders? do you have to nag customer service or are they pretty good about that?[/QUOTE]The T&C for the promotion says that it applies to all pre-orders. I've yet to see one from Amazon that didn't have that in it.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Griffey867,

Stay on them. I only got my Madden credit because I emailed CS last Thursday. Luckily, that was all I needed to do, but from what the rep cut-n-pasted, I have to believe it wouldn't have ever been implemented otherwise.

Strange, because they've been so good about gaming credits recently.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muse1011']I also got mine on the 10th, so they may have just messed up on getting you yours.[/QUOTE]

Well, I emailed again and finally called. Got an email yesterday (August 26th) saying it finally was fixed. I just went to pre-order COD Black Ops and it says I have $40 in credit! Looks like they credited me twice for Madden so Black Ops will be $9.99 AND that comes with a future $20 as well!

You know, I pre-ordered Metroid at GS using mostly credit from promos, but Amazon's promo still seems better; and I have enough credit there to not have to buy anything in the first place. Hmmm....might have to switch. I hadn't done Amazon pre-orders before due to lack of gift card balance.

Does anyone know if I can apply the $10 credit to an existing pre-order that won't ship until November? I had $20 credit from Madden that I decided to put towards Fable III, but if the DR2 credit had started a few days sooner I would have put the $20 towards it, then the $10 towards Fable. Do you think it's possible to pre-order DR2, then somehow add the $10 credit I'll receive towards my existing Fable III order?

I'm worried that if I cancel my Fable order, I'll somehow lose the $20 that I applied towards the order.

Suggestions/thoughts?

^ actually, thinking about it, it will all eventually even out as long as I find something else to buy. C'mon, Donkey Kong Country or Kirby Yarn!

[quote name='capin131']Did Black Ops stop being $49.99 w/$20 credit already? I saw the tweet last night and when I went to Amazon it was back to $59.99 w/$20 credit. :([/QUOTE]
I ordered it and they sent me an email saying it was the wrong price and they canceled my order, I expected them to honor the price they posted, for shame Amazon.

[quote name='capin131']Did Black Ops stop being $49.99 w/$20 credit already? I saw the tweet last night and when I went to Amazon it was back to $59.99 w/$20 credit. :([/QUOTE]

It stopped very shortly after it started and everyone who was lucky enough to get in on it got their order cancelled.

[quote name='dvdactor']It stopped very shortly after it started and everyone who was lucky enough to get in on it got their order cancelled.[/QUOTE]
Oh, is that what happened? Can't believe Amazon actually canceled orders. . .

Yeah, all orders were canceled, With emails, I got a 5$ promotional code, others received 10$ off towards Black Ops, 1 even got a 30$ promotional code, and some got nothing

[quote name='Huggybear1688']Yeah, all orders were canceled, With emails, I got a 5$ promotional code, others received 10$ off towards Black Ops, 1 even got a 30$ promotional code, and some got nothing[/QUOTE]
Had I known it was actually a price mistake, I'd have put down an order from some credit lol.

Anyone know if I can have multiple $20 credits in my account? Also can I have 1 $20 credit and 1 $10 credit at the same time? Thanks.

[quote name='Armads']Anyone know if I can have multiple $20 credits in my account? Also can I have 1 $20 credit and 1 $10 credit at the same time? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can't get multiple credits for the same game since there's a limit of one per household per game on the credits, but yes if you order different games that each come with a credit you can have multiple credits in your account at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
walmart.com added a $20 gift card for Need For Speed. Wonder if Amazon will stick with their current offer of Need For Speed Shift for free or change it to match Walmart. I'd rather have the $20 credit..

[quote name='ryanmassacre']i guess the new $10 credit for DR2 makes up my mind for me i was goin to cancel my order due to the fact that i wouldnt play this game for a while but oh well $48 and a $10 credit is well worth it[/QUOTE]

I've been watching this game for a few days now and it's been $55 for 360 with no future credit. Am I missing something?

[quote name='Hardware']I've been watching this game for a few days now and it's been $55 for 360 with no future credit. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Look down the page a little more to the special offers and promotions section.

If I order CoD black ops standard edition and hardened will I receive two promotional credits or just one? If it matters I'd like to order the 360 standard and ps3 hardened.

Anyone have any experience with this w/ past CoD titles?

[quote name='oli821']If I order CoD black ops standard edition and hardened will I receive two promotional credits or just one? If it matters I'd like to order the 360 standard and ps3 hardened.

Anyone have any experience with this w/ past CoD titles?[/QUOTE]

you should receive credits for both

[quote name='oli821']If I order CoD black ops standard edition and hardened will I receive two promotional credits or just one? If it matters I'd like to order the 360 standard and ps3 hardened.

Anyone have any experience with this w/ past CoD titles?[/QUOTE]You should get both credits. I've ordered the Hardened and Prestige MW2 editions both for 360 and received two credits.

Man, I swear...if K-Mart comes through on having special editions with those coupons available...amazon is going to loose MAJOR money. I'll be ordering Halo: Reach, Dead Rising 2, and Fallout: New Vegas through K-Mart and canceling my existing non credit SE orders at amazon. Oh, and Castlevania. I'll still order the strategy guides through amazon I suppose. Still good for cheaper guides.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah. Look down the page a little more to the special offers and promotions section.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I did miss that to be honest, but the price is still $55.99 with no other buying options. Are others still seeing Dead Rising 2 preorder for $48?

Anyone have any experience with this w/ past CoD titles?[/QUOTE]
I bought Super Street Fighter for both my PS3 and 360 and no matter the amount of bitching they only honored the credit for one. The BS excuse they gave was that they started putting games with the same title under the same sku.

Even though one is limited they might do the same thing so be wary of that and maybe order one with a different address.

[quote name='Hardware']Thanks I did miss that to be honest, but the price is still $55.99 with no other buying options. Are others still seeing Dead Rising 2 preorder for $48?[/QUOTE]
The $48 deal was a couple weeks ago and only for an hour or two. Some of us got in on that price, so that's why we've been rejoicing over the $10 credit on top of the nice price.

[quote name='Lucian']The $48 deal was a couple weeks ago and only for an hour or two. Some of us got in on that price, so that's why we've been rejoicing over the $10 credit on top of the nice price.[/QUOTE]

Thx for the info. Makes sense to me now.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Does anyone else, besides me, have a Shipping Estimate of September 7, 2010 for Metroid Other M on amazon?[/QUOTE]
I literally placed my order ~5 minutes ago:
"Delivery Estimate: August 31, 2010"

[quote name='BinaryTB']I literally placed my order ~5 minutes ago:
"Delivery Estimate: August 31, 2010"[/QUOTE]

may i ask what shipping method did you use?

Mine said 9/3 when I ordered it on Sunday. It already shipped today and will be here tomorrow. You need the Prime advantage TBH.

[quote name='bleron']may i ask what shipping method did you use?[/QUOTE]
Release day delivery was a free option for me, but I've got Prime, don't know if non-Primers get that option.

Stupid question: Where can I check the balance for the credits I've gotten? I looked at the FAQ on the first post and tried the MP3 download thing, but I couldn't find a link to view balance/apply gift card anywhere on that page. Any help would be much appreciated ^^

[quote name='darkcecil32']Stupid question: Where can I check the balance for the credits I've gotten? I looked at the FAQ on the first post and tried the MP3 download thing, but I couldn't find a link to view balance/apply gift card anywhere on that page. Any help would be much appreciated ^^[/QUOTE]
You can't as far as i know, you might have to call.
Or you could add a game to your cart and see it right before checkout, but don't finish the transaction unless of course you want it.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Stupid question: Where can I check the balance for the credits I've gotten? I looked at the FAQ on the first post and tried the MP3 download thing, but I couldn't find a link to view balance/apply gift card anywhere on that page. Any help would be much appreciated ^^[/QUOTE]

Go to a single MP3 download page. On the right side of the screen where you have a button that says "buy MP3 with one click" there is a link just below that says redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balances.

[quote name='major morgan']Go to a single MP3 download page. On the right side of the screen where you have a button that says "buy MP3 with one click" there is a link just below that says redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balances.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I guess I just missed it when I looked last time, probably because the link was in blue. Thanks for the specific location!

[quote name='primalcarnage']You can't as far as i know, you might have to call.
Or you could add a game to your cart and see it right before checkout, but don't finish the transaction unless of course you want it.[/QUOTE]

major morgan's post details where to find it. That was a smart idea, though!

Usually, doesn't amazon explicitly state when credits are going to expire in their emails? When I bought Demon Souls in late May or early June with a 10$, however, there was no mention of an expiration date. Since my balance is empty, I guess my credits must have expired. I guess I'll have to be more vigilant from now on.

Slightly OT question: what's the last day you can pre-order Halo Reach or the Halo Reach Xbox bundle and still get it delivered release day? Have a few trades I am sending off this week to get Amazon credit (both through Amazon itself and Gazelle) but I'm not sure when they will go through. Thanks!

[quote name='JediJames2']Slightly OT question: what's the last day you can pre-order Halo Reach or the Halo Reach Xbox bundle and still get it delivered release day? Have a few trades I am sending off this week to get Amazon credit (both through Amazon itself and Gazelle) but I'm not sure when they will go through. Thanks![/QUOTE]I would probably say that ordering it by the 7th should be the last point where they'd cover RDD. RDD items normally get shipped out the day before they're released, or sometimes, on the Friday before they're released.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Does anyone else, besides me, have a Shipping Estimate of September 7, 2010 for Metroid Other M on amazon?[/QUOTE]I do. Pretty late but I can wait :D I'm using FSSS so that's why.

So my shipment on Metroid Other M is still shown as 'shipping soon.' I'm guessing I won't be receiving it tomorrow, even though I have prime and selected release date delivery and it's shown August 31st as the expected delivery date for about a week. Anybody with prior experience know what's going on?

Are the bar codes going to be identical to say TRU or something so I can just buy it and return the one I get from Amazon to TRU later?

[quote name='Thorgouge']So my shipment on Metroid Other M is still shown as 'shipping soon.' I'm guessing I won't be receiving it tomorrow, even though I have prime and selected release date delivery and it's shown August 31st as the expected delivery date for about a week. Anybody with prior experience know what's going on?

Are the bar codes going to be identical to say TRU or something so I can just buy it and return the one I get from Amazon to TRU later?[/QUOTE]
Lol, that would be fucked up if I got mine that I ordered on Sunday before you. You might get a notice late tonight, but if you don't see anything by morning then they fucked up. Call and complain to get some free credit if that happens.

I preordered Metroid last Thursday, and though it shows up in my cart, it's not listed as a pending order, or shipment.
Did I do something wrong?
I thought if I preordered, it would automatically ship today, for delivery tomorrow (also a Prime member).
Can anyone tell me how the preorder process works?
Or is this a glitch that only comes up once in a while?

[quote name='Thorgouge']So my shipment on Metroid Other M is still shown as 'shipping soon.' I'm guessing I won't be receiving it tomorrow, even though I have prime and selected release date delivery and it's shown August 31st as the expected delivery date for about a week. Anybody with prior experience know what's going on?

Are the bar codes going to be identical to say TRU or something so I can just buy it and return the one I get from Amazon to TRU later?[/QUOTE]

Same here... been checking all day to make sure it shipped

Nothing yet at all... usually my games come out of KY so there's still 40 minutes, or else Amazon is going to be issuing a lot more of those coupons :p

They're starting to turn into Dell when it comes to delivery estimates & "price errors"

it finally shipped like two hours ago. Says it's departing a center in Philadelphia using next day air saver. I don't think I'll be getting it tomorrow. Probably Wednesday.

bread's done
Back