Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pjb16']There was a pricing mistake with Black Ops. Most people had their orders canceled. Just because they wouldn't honor the price for pre-orders in this instance (since no one had that price honored) doesn't mean there is a change in their pre-order price guarantee. At the very least they've yet to change their terminology on their website about it.

Also, what I bolded makes no sense at all since you go on to talk about changes that are supposedly taking place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah made a mistake it should have been now instead of not.

[quote name='polly']So glad Amazon matched Kmart's $20 promo for Castlevania. Got my preorder in today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should be too but I had all but decided to cancel and wait for a cheap CE later on (I want it but its not worth an extra 20 bucks) so now I had a hard decision to make...

(They also dropped a 20 dollar credit on the CE... Which doesn't make it any easier.)

Nuts, to get Castlevania or not to get Castlevania... I'll sleep on it, it'll be the PS3 version regardless though, one blu-ray plus the fact that the PS3 was the lead platform for the development of this game.

Weird question,

I pre-ordered Fable 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops. They both come with $20 giftcards. So Fable 3 comes out at the end of October, does the $20 automatically come off Black Ops then or do I have to do something?

[quote name='CyReN']Weird question,

I pre-ordered Fable 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops. They both come with $20 giftcards. So Fable 3 comes out at the end of October, does the $20 automatically come off Black Ops then or do I have to do something?[/QUOTE]

you'll have to can and reorder black ops for the cred to apply.

Down for Castlevania and Fable 3.

Dunno if I'm gonna get the Black Ops Hardened or Standard yet.

Also probably gonan get a few of the $10 ones like New Vegas and MoH.

Other M was my first game purchase with free Release Date Delivery through my Prime membership. I didn't get it on release date or my $20 credit. Honestly this whole contacting Support is getting annoying. I had to contact them multiple times in the past about credits for SSFIV, SMG2, AssCreed 2, etc.... I think it's time to cancel Prime and move on.

Castlevania is tempting. I wasn't planning on it...I'll think about it. Thanks for the update shrike4242.

Also, Enslaved (PS3 and X360) is now up with a $10 gaming credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I get the $20 credit for Halo, can I add that to my already preordered Dead Rising 2, or will I need to cancel and redo it?

[quote name='TC']Cheapy is really pushing Enslaved. See OP. :D[/QUOTE]

lol i was going to say that.

edit: fixed

but it does look like amazon just added alot of games.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']When I get the $20 credit for Halo, can I add that to my already preordered Dead Rising 2, or will I need to cancel and redo it?[/QUOTE]

You can ask them to apply it, they'll say they can't, but instead, in most cases, they will adjust the price down for you by $20.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']When I get the $20 credit for Halo, can I add that to my already preordered Dead Rising 2, or will I need to cancel and redo it?[/QUOTE]

You'd have to cancel and re-order, or possibly contact CS and ask them to apply it to the order.

Wish they would put some credit on Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, I want to get it day 1, would go well with some credit though :)

[quote name='mindsale']How does one find / apply the credit they've gotten? You just have to contact Amazon to apply it for you?[/QUOTE]

For the video game promotional credits you'd have to contact them if you want it applied to an already existing order. They may or may not do it.

It's tempting to use the 20 bucks I got from other M for the epic mickey, but i was hoping for another game I wanted to have the 20 dollar bonus. I might just save it and see what happens for black friday weekend. I'm sure there will be some CRAZY deals that weekend.

Has anyone actually received their Other M credit yet?

I just did the MP3 download check thing and I've got nothing :\ No e-mail yet either.

I really hoping to receive it in time to preorder Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Thanks.

Also added $10 for:
Epic Mickey (standard only)
Tron Evolution (standard only, all systems)
Time Crisis: Razing Storm (PS3)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (all systems, please don't buy this)[/QUOTE]

The Ben 10 shows are by Man of Action, so they're good (generally), and some of the games have been good too. The first one's pretty great, I think the second was bad, the third's supposed to be good again though I haven't played it yet.

I'd preorder Epic Mickey except I bet we'll be able to get it that price without preordering, + I'd like the collector's edition maybe, + I have a hard time believing it won't come to the Playstation, and obviously I'd really prefer a current gen version.

nice to see epic mickey and nba 2k11 get a promo bonus

cmon amazon, offer some credit for fifa, kirby's epic yarn, and donkey kong country returns!

Not yet, ordered mine on 6/9/2009 but no credit as of today.

[quote name='Mit']Has anyone actually received their Other M credit yet?

I just did the MP3 download check thing and I've got nothing :\ No e-mail yet either.

I really hoping to receive it in time to preorder Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ebay33']Not yet, ordered mine on 6/9/2009 but no credit as of today.[/QUOTE]
I got an email w/ my $20 credit from Metroid the day it shipped. (Immediatly preordered Halo Reach w/ it.) If you have your game in hand and haven't gotten your credit yet, better give them a call.

I e-mailed Amazon about my Metroid credit. I also brought up how I opted for release date delivery and received it late, and the price changed on release day.

Just got an e-mail back saying the $4 would be refunded, and I should be receiving a separate e-mail about the credit :)

I said I needed the credit within the next 3 days (so I can preorder Kingdom Hearts BBS with it teehee) so hopefully I still get that by then.

[quote name='Mit']I e-mailed Amazon about my Metroid credit. I also brought up how I opted for release date delivery and received it late, and the price changed on release day.

Just got an e-mail back saying the $4 would be refunded, and I should be receiving a separate e-mail about the credit :)

I said I needed the credit within the next 3 days (so I can preorder Kingdom Hearts BBS with it teehee) so hopefully I still get that by then.[/QUOTE]

Darn it, I can't get Amazon to give me a refund of $4. I've tried twice and explained lowering their price w/ pre-order credit still being valid one day after release negated the point of pre-ordering.

Everybody else gets credit for deals instead of CAG.

I'm wondering when there will be credit for Little Big Planet 2 Collectors Edition.

I put Gran Turismo 5, Call Of Duty: Black Ops, and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

About $40 worth of credit I can use for Test Drive Unlimited 2!

Will they send me an e-mail if they do decide to put credit towards the Little Big Planet 2 collectors edition?

[quote name='Commy']I guess hope for NHL11 is all but diminished at this point.[/QUOTE]

There is a $20 coupon for NHL 11 @ KMart... don't know if that's convenient for you

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Everybody else gets credit for deals instead of CAG.[/QUOTE]
Well, TBH linking to a forum post is somewhat unprofessional IMO, so I can understand why we're almost never credited. It's the same for SD or FW for that matter. If the deals were presented more aesthetically, then I think we'd be flooded with credit.

Man I love cag. I just order the reach legendary with my Metroid credit credit and release day was 99Cents. Totally awesome. I gotta get my preorders in for the ones with 20 bucks credit. I would pay 99 cents for release day. It saves in gas alone. As long as the package arrives in good shape. MY first release day order. LOL

PS. The lengendary better be limited. LOL

The funny thing is 10 bucks credit I waffle on the fence. LIke MOH but 20 credit ex call of duty I pull the trigger faster than a .....LOL

Update On My Pre-Order Price Guarantee Post:

Well, this has turned into quite a fiasco! When I got off the phone with the rep, she sent me an email confirming the conversation and saying what I had posted earlier. There was a link in there if I had any additional questions or concerns I could write them again. So I wrote and email back saying that I needed concrete clarification because other orders had been adjusted the way I described on the phone and I even had a CD and DVD adjust the same way this same week. I also mentioned that if this was a recent change the website needed to be updated immediately and I would have to think long and hard about my future ordering patterns from Amazon. Also mentioned I had friends who had this honored and would like to know why I wasn't being afforded the same.

Received an email back about 2 hours later profusely apologizing and saying that my interpretation was correct and the rep on the phone was wrong. They noted that it was purchased at $59.99 and then a rep changed it to $49.99 and the system then adjusted it back up to $59.99. They assured me that on the date it ships I will be charged the lower price of $49.99 and sometimes the system will NOT indicate the lowest price in your order status, but that it does keep track of the price and will always charge you the lowest price that was offered between your order date and the end of the day of release. (To me their policy says the price will auto adjust within 24-48 hours in your cart, but I'm going to give up fighting on that issue for this order.) They said if I was not charged $49.99 that I should write using a dedicated link that was just for this issuse in the email and that all corespondence had been documented and I would be promptly refunded any amount charged in error.

Then as an apology for my inconvenience they also applied a $10 credit to my account to be used to purchase anything on the site.

bread's done
Back