Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheaphuck']Awhile back when Amazon was offer the $20 on Halo Reach was there also a special Armor piece you were suppose to get for preordering?[/QUOTE]
The Recon helmet. Amazon advertised it but it's not exclusive to them. All launch copies of the game come with the recon helmet anyway. There is an icon in the front cover if the copy has it inside.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Lol at Gears3.

The big budget (and usually the best) games are the cheapest at launch.

It also has release date delivery for $0.99 already enabled.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to be available atm, hoping the deal comes back

[quote name='eau']The Recon helmet. Amazon advertised it but it's not exclusive to them. All launch copies of the game come with the recon helmet anyway. There is an icon in the front cover if the copy has it inside.[/QUOTE]
Ah, OK. Thanks.

[quote name='CKaz']Doesn't seem to be available atm, hoping the deal comes back[/QUOTE]

Scroll down to the "Special Offers and Promotions" section of the items page, and you'll see the $20 bonus mentioned there.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I'm still waiting for Amazon to PM Walmart and their $20 GB bonus for Medal of Honor. In the past, Amazon would have PM'd within 2-3 hours. It's been a few days and I'm starting to think they won't. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Yeah I wish it would go up to $20 at Amazon too, it looks like its not going to happen though. I've sent a couple of those found a lower price emails and I know alot others have too so its probably staying at $10.

Alright, I think I've done all the additions that were brought up to me a few days ago (deletions were done at the end of last week), which were the following:

Splatterhouse for PS3/Xbox
Active Life: Explorer With Mat (Wii)
EA Sports MMA (PS3/Xbox)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (PS3/Xbox)
Def Jam Rapstar Bundle (Xbox/PS3/Wii)
Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes Of The Ring (Xbox/Ps3/Wii)
Kidz Bop Dance Party (Wii)
MySims Sky Heroes (Xbox/PS3/DS)
Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team (PSP)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Any other additions / deletions that need to be done?

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 $10 credit
Medal of Honor Limited Edition $10 credit
MySims Sky Heroes $10 credit
MySims Sky Heroes $25 credit
MySims Sky Heroes (standard version) $10 credit
MySims Sky Heroes (bundle only, not standalone) $10 credit
MySims Sky Heroes $10 credit (standard only)
MySims Sky Heroes$10 credit
WWE Smackdown Vs. RAW 2011 $10 credit

Why are there so many MySims: Sky Heroes in the OP???

My Guitar Hero just shipped. Did anyone else get an additional $5 "Promotion Applied?" I went back and checked and it wasn't on my original order, and I've seen nothing else to explain it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']My Guitar Hero just shipped. Did anyone else get an additional $5 "Promotion Applied?" I went back and checked and it wasn't on my original order, and I've seen nothing else to explain it.[/QUOTE]
Might be credit to the Amazon MP3 or video store. I've seen that sort of promotion attached in odd places before.

[quote name='shrike4242']Any other additions / deletions that need to be done?[/QUOTE]

Additions : Two Worlds 2
Deletions : Ghost Recon Future Soldier OR Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (since it's listed twice)
Kidz Bop Dance Party (even though you just added it)

[quote name='StarKnightX']Additions : Two Worlds 2
Deletions : Ghost Recon Future Soldier OR Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (since it's listed twice)
Kidz Bop Dance Party (even though you just added it)[/QUOTE]All fixed.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Lol at Gears3.

The big budget (and usually the best) games are the cheapest at launch.

It also has release date delivery for $0.99 already enabled.[/QUOTE]
The reason for that is because obviously the game is going to sell at every retailer so retailers have to do something to make sure we buy the game for them. So for 20 dollars I'll give amazon my money over anywhere else.

[quote name='62t']I would order Gow3 but I am sure there will be a collector's or limited edition[/QUOTE]
Order it now just to secure the credit. If they are going to release a CE/LE, you should have plenty of time to cancel/reorder.

[quote name='drock']Might be credit to the Amazon MP3 or video store. I've seen that sort of promotion attached in odd places before.[/QUOTE]

No, it actually subtracted from my total price.

[quote name='FadeToOne']No, it actually subtracted from my total price.[/QUOTE]

Oh, here we go:

"We recently offered a one day promotion for "Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock" which allowed customers to take $5 off at the time they placed their orders.

Since you pre-ordered this game, we're writing to let you know we've issued a $5 sales discount to your purchase. Thank you for pre-ordering with Amazon.com, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!"

Works for me.

Just noticed some oddities. NBA Elite is currently not available for pre-order and isn't showing any credit (which I guess makes sense if you can't pre-order it anyway) and True Crime isn't listing any credit either.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Just noticed some oddities. NBA Elite is currently not available for pre-order and isn't showing any credit (which I guess makes sense if you can't pre-order it anyway) and True Crime isn't listing any credit either.[/QUOTE]

the nba elite might be because i just read that they delayed it until next year or something, even though it was supposed to come out in like a week.

[quote name='y2jasper']the nba elite might be because i just read that they delayed it until next year or something, even though it was supposed to come out in like a week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I came here after reading something about that. EA said that Elite will be delayed until an unknown time (possibly March?) to polish it up more. On the plus side NBA Jam will now get a full release on the 360/PS3 like everybody wanted instead of being tied to Elite.

http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsin...-week-xbox-360-and-ps3-coming-before-holidays

If you ordered GH: Warriors of Rock, do NOT order the My Chemical Romance guitar strap before you use your 10.00 credit, otherwise you will use the credit on the otherwise "free" guitar strap.

Ah, wish I had known that. That was my first time receiving gaming credits, and I actually wasted both my $10 from GH: WoR and DR2 then. Maybe support will be able to help, since of course the order is already being prepared and can't be changed at this point, how convinient >_

[quote name='Cmosfm']If you ordered GH: Warriors of Rock, do NOT order the My Chemical Romance guitar strap before you use your 10.00 credit, otherwise you will use the credit on the otherwise "free" guitar strap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I caught that nonsense too. It also doesn't work right if you add a game to the order with the strap (it splits the $10 between the 2). So what I did was submit a preorder for New Vegas (which I planned to do anyway) and then a second order for the strap.

Pain in the ass to go through for a strap from an absolutely craptacular band, but I figure it might score a few bucks on ebay.

[quote name='demond dave']very doubtful according to the things i've been reading,it will probably be pushed back to the end of october if not later.wouldn't be surprised if it was early next year even :(

arcania 4 looks pretty good to tide me over till then and amazon has a ten dollar credit for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]
Yup Two Worlds 2 was delayed till January, damnit! I guess I'll have to substitute it with Arcania: Gothic 4 for now, glad it also has a $10 credit.

[quote name='Cmosfm']If you ordered GH: Warriors of Rock, do NOT order the My Chemical Romance guitar strap before you use your 10.00 credit, otherwise you will use the credit on the otherwise "free" guitar strap.[/QUOTE]

I caught that too, just used my $10 on Nier, since I was never gonna get that if it wasn't under $20. They try to be sneaky, but we know the score. ;)

Need help on a question. I am looking to trade in MW2, but the case and cover art have two holes in them. I can change the case out easily enough, but the cover art still has those holes. Is Amazon really strict about these things? The game disc itself and manual are absolutely perfect.

Already preordered Gears 3 a long ass time ago when it was in my gold box. Would love to see a promo credit on Epic's other game coming out before Gears. Bulletstorm look like the da shiznit.

I really want to order GOW3 from Amazon but that is one of the few games I would prob still do a midnight launch for..

If GOW2 at gamestop was any indication.. they'll have a bunch of exclusive midnight launch extras, etc..

[quote name='shrike4242']Alright, I think I've done all the additions that were brought up to me a few days ago (deletions were done at the end of last week), which were the following:

Splatterhouse for PS3/Xbox
Active Life: Explorer With Mat (Wii)
EA Sports MMA (PS3/Xbox)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (PS3/Xbox)
Def Jam Rapstar Bundle (Xbox/PS3/Wii)
Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes Of The Ring (Xbox/Ps3/Wii)
Kidz Bop Dance Party (Wii)
MySims Sky Heroes (Xbox/PS3/DS)
Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team (PSP)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Any other additions / deletions that need to be done?[/QUOTE]

Is Kinect +1 game - $30 credit up there?

I didn't see it, but I may be missing it.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Is Kinect +1 game - $30 credit up there?

I didn't see it, but I may be missing it.[/QUOTE]It wasn't mentioned previously, though as you did mention it, it's been added to the OP list.

[quote name='shrike4242']It wasn't mentioned previously, though as you did mention it, it's been added to the OP list.[/QUOTE]
And how!

Hey Shrike, Front Mission Evolved can be taken down now that it's released and they removed the promo credit offer. Also, I just got my credit a minute ago, which is pretty much a record in my book for them.

[quote name='guyver2077']I really want to order GOW3 from Amazon but that is one of the few games I would prob still do a midnight launch for..

If GOW2 at gamestop was any indication.. they'll have a bunch of exclusive midnight launch extras, etc..[/QUOTE]

^this.

Not sure if its a short term thing, but apparently amazon has taken down the 20 dollar credit on castlevania lords of shadow.

[quote name='esuarez27']Not sure if its a short term thing, but apparently amazon has taken down the 20 dollar credit on castlevania lords of shadow.[/QUOTE]
Hilarious. Now that the embargo on scores was lifted and reviews are in Amazon decides to pull the promo credit? It would behoove them to cash in on what is most likely to be a major hit kicking off this holiday. Might as well put up a sign telling people to go to Kmart or Newegg on the product page. Just glad I got my order in months ago.

[quote name='esuarez27']Not sure if its a short term thing, but apparently amazon has taken down the 20 dollar credit on castlevania lords of shadow.[/QUOTE]

Poops. I was hoping to get my dead rising 2 credit, and cancel my Castlevania and re-order with $10 off. Oh well, at least I locked in a preorder last week with the $20 coupon

I knew I should of pre-ordered Castlevania earlier, oh well, I'll take my money elsewhere, like I should with Enslaved since all they have is a measly $10 credit. It sure would be nice to have a Kmart within 100 miles of where I am..

Ok, I'll keep the Enslaved pre-order, and I just pre-ordered Castlevania and Need for Speed off of NewEgg, great deals there.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a kick in the nuts, first it was Black Ops and now Castlevania. I waited all day to get Dead Rising 2's credit to put on this and they take it down. Has anyone got their DR2 credit yet?

[quote name='Jodou']Hilarious. Now that the embargo on scores was lifted and reviews are in Amazon decides to pull the promo credit? It would behoove them to cash in on what is most likely to be a major hit kicking off this holiday. Might as well put up a sign telling people to go to Kmart or Newegg on the product page. Just glad I got my order in months ago.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Though I too pre-ordered a while ago...I knew this would happen once the review embargo was lifted, I think I mentioned that here on some forum a few days ago.

In any case, I find it absurd for Amazon to pull their $20 credit now. They should at least match Neweggs price of $49.99. Perhaps they fear that too many people will now order and they didn't expect/prepare to hand out that many $20 game credits.

I'm still hoping they PM Walmart for the $20 GC for Medal of Honor...but I think that's wishful thinking at this point.

Does anybody know when we get the Dead Rising 2 Avatar DLC code for preordering? I thought it was gonna be in the box like most other dlc codes, and now the product page doesn't show it anymore.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Does anybody know when we get the Dead Rising 2 Avatar DLC code for preordering? I thought it was gonna be in the box like most other dlc codes, and now the product page doesn't show it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes Amazon DLC codes take a little while before they are emailed to you. For example, my Red Dead Redemption Golden Guns code took about a week or so until it was emailed to me. If you don't receive it within 1-2 weeks, just email CS.

Is it just me, or does the OP list the Kinect/Move bundle like 20 times now? The bundle replaced half of the items on the list. Weird glitch if anything, or Shrike REALLY wants to push the Kinect/Move bundle, coming only for the PS360 :p

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Is it just me, or does the OP list the Kinect/Move bundle like 20 times now? The bundle replaced half of the items on the list. Weird glitch if anything, or Shrike REALLY wants to push the Kinect/Move bundle, coming only for the PS360 :p[/QUOTE]
LMAO, I like how it's listed for Wii as well. At first I thought it might be variations of bundles, but who knows.

bread's done
Back