Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of credits:

Lord Of The Rings: War In The North has a $20 credit for Xbox/PS3 plus an exclusive preorder bonus in game item.

Tropico for Xbox/PC has a $10 credit also

I'm actually proud of Amazon. As far as I know these aren't deals they've matched, but deals they've actually come up with on their own. Now if they'd just put those deals on something I really want I'd be all set!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Lord Of The Rings: War In The North has a $20 credit for Xbox/PS3 plus an exclusive preorder bonus in game item.[/QUOTE]
Nice to see that the $20 credits aren't extinct.

[quote name='ShockandAww']A couple of credits:

Lord Of The Rings: War In The North has a $20 credit for Xbox/PS3 plus an exclusive preorder bonus in game item.

Tropico for Xbox/PC has a $10 credit also

I'm actually proud of Amazon. As far as I know these aren't deals they've matched, but deals they've actually come up with on their own. Now if they'd just put those deals on something I really want I'd be all set![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.. its worth noting the price is $56.xx now so the net with credit comes to $36... depending on early reviews this could be a decent pickup..

Awesome, I just decided yesterday that I was going to pickup War in the North w/ some of my extra credit - this definitely sweetens the deal tho. :)

Why doesn't the Limited Edition Gears of War have the credit :/ I would have canceled my Gamestop preorder right away

Did anyone else get $20 credit or more from amazon today. I got this email from them today:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Your recent video games purchases have netted you a total of $20* in Amazon.com credit.
Use your credit toward these or other great games at Amazon.com.

* The coupon amount is based on our records as of 7/1/2011 and does not reflect credit use on any recent purchases. Actual coupon amount will be determined at the time of checkout.

[quote name='kevgret']amazon just matched the $20 credit for FIFA and NHL '12

nice...[/QUOTE]

Yup! Just saw this on AMZ myself! Been waiting for them to match the Walmart $20 bonus for NHL 12. As soon as I get my trade-in credit for Madden 11 and NHL 11, I'm in for NHL12.

I was exited for the $20 credit on nhl...then I checked out and realized with tax and one day prime shipping it's still gonna cost me $70. Not to mention all the card packs I'm gonna end up buying because I'm a sucker.

[quote name='Ltor']I was exited for the $20 credit on nhl...then I checked out and realized with tax and one day prime shipping it's still gonna cost me $70. Not to mention all the card packs I'm gonna end up buying because I'm a sucker.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, but for me its one of those games thats a day 1 play. I'll be biting as its still the best day 1 guaranteed offer. Especially since I dont trust Walmart to be able to provide it on release date.

Ordered FIFA 12 last night. I was hoping there would be any credit, and $20 makes it even sweeter. But the best part of all is that I won't pay anything because of the Amazon credit I have.
eusa_dance.gif

I really hope this player "Impact Engine" turns out as great as they say.

So glad to hear that Amazon is offering $20 credit for both games. At this rate I will be trading in NCAA 12 and FIFA 11 for NHL paying only 10 bucks for NHL and $40 for FIFA plus extra $20 from FIFA 12 pre-order:applause:

[quote name='wolve']Nice to see Amazon put up more promo credits, but then again I never lost faith in them. ;)[/QUOTE]

now that all the september releases are up with credits, hopefully bf3 and mw3 credits come soon.

[quote name='yahoosale14']now that all the september releases are up with credits, hopefully bf3 and mw3 credits come soon.[/QUOTE]

Im still waiting for the god of war origins collection and resistance 3 to get credit. Those also come out in september. Unless i missed something

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Did anyone else get $20 credit or more from amazon today. I got this email from them today:[/QUOTE]
I got that yesterday but when I tried to checkout with an item the credit wasn't posting so I assumed it was a mistake. I did contact customer service inquiring about the email and they said they found the credit and would apply it to an applicable order. Knocked $20 off of the new Elder Scrolls. Good shit. I'm not even sure what I purchased that made me eligible to be perfectly honest. No complaints though.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It's more of a Sony issue than Amazon's.[/QUOTE]

^this. surprised resistance hasnt gotten one.
[quote name='strait edge follower'] Im still waiting for the god of war origins collection and resistance 3 to get credit. Those also come out in september. Unless i missed something[/QUOTE]

brb
ordering fifa 12 :p

Pre-order FIFA Soccer 12 for the PS3 or Xbox 360 and receive a code to order a free Fathead Teammate (approx. 12”x12”) of your favorite MLS team as well as a $20 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The code to access the Fathead Teammate will be emailed to you on the day your order ships. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
Also a free Agudelo or Donovan fathead while i am at it :D
in b4 i have to pay 5 dollar shipping for the little thing

[quote name='scrub0bk']will fifa 12 have free release day shipping? if not i can wait a day since they usually ship pre-orders the day before release[/QUOTE]
Seems highly likely that it will.

At Walmart.com, Rage got a $10 egift card so wait for the match. I knew I should have kept my Amazon preorder when it was $54.99...oh well. I'll probably get it from Kmart regardless unless Amazon ends up with a $20 credit.

[quote name='matto1233']Hopefully BF3 and Skyrim get them eventually. How do they determine these things?[/QUOTE]

i asked this previously and someone mentioned its usually a price matching effort. but i'd expect the credits to be up 2-4 weeks prior to release

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I only read a few pages back, but I didn't see that anyone mentioned Mass Effect 3 has a $10 credit across all platforms. Definitely worth adding to the OP.[/QUOTE]
Mass Effect 3 has been up with a $10 credit since back in February/March and it's also been in the OP for just as long.

[quote name='jorgito831']Not sure if this has been asked already, can you use kindle gift cards for this?[/QUOTE]
Reported as 'Yes.'

[quote name='jorgito831']Not sure if this has been asked already, can you use kindle gift cards for this?[/QUOTE]
Kindle Gift Cards ARE Amazon Gift Cards

you could use em to buy anything amazon related

[quote name='Lucian']Reported as 'Yes.'[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cRodz']Kindle Gift Cards ARE Amazon Gift Cards

you could use em to buy anything amazon related[/QUOTE]

Awesome! thanks Fellas!:cool:

[quote name='Master Troll']Mass Effect 3 has been up with a $10 credit since back in February/March and it's also been in the OP for just as long.[/QUOTE]

PFFFFFFFFFFT I'm an idiot. The only reason I missed it was because NBA and NHL came before it, and I thought the whole list was in alphabetical order. Heck, on second thought, I think I even commented on it earlier this year. But yeah, my bad.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']PFFFFFFFFFFT I'm an idiot. The only reason I missed it was because NBA and NHL came before it, and I thought the whole list was in alphabetical order. Heck, on second thought, I think I even commented on it earlier this year. But yeah, my bad.[/QUOTE]

any chance resistance 3 getting one? have it preordered at best buy but this seems a better deal than the preorder 5 get $100 deal imo since it has nhl on the list

[quote name='DeadlyMan']Not sure if this question belongs here - Can you buy an Amazon.com gift card at Best Buy with a Best Buy gift card?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Is it just me or is it not looking good for credit offers on Deus Ex 3 and Dead Island, two games I really need to buy at launch?

I might just have to go to Kmart on these two games.

[quote name='DeadlyMan']Not sure if this question belongs here - Can you buy an Amazon.com gift card at Best Buy with a Best Buy gift card?[/QUOTE]

Cool
since we are sort of off topic,
Can you buy amazon gift cards at Target?
I knew BB had Amazon GC but was not sure about Target.
so i just used cardpool to get rid of a 50 dollar GC and got 47.xx on Amazon GC

[quote name='sTaTIx']Is it just me or is it not looking good for credit offers on Deus Ex 3 and Dead Island, two games I really need to buy at launch?

I might just have to go to Kmart on these two games.[/QUOTE]
I get the feeling we're going to be shafted when they add a credit after they come out.

bread's done
Back