Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lucian']You cannot apply promotional credit to an existing order without contacting customer service.[/QUOTE]
I'm nearly positive it depends on the type of credit they give. It goes like this:

If the credit deal says something about using it towards the purchase of a video game then you're right you cant apply that credit type to an existing order. These credits dont show in your account they only show up as you're checking out. Amazon is using this less and less lately which is a good thing. Here's an example of the wording on the video game only credits:

get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process.

You can place your promo credit on an existing order however if it says this (as most of the current credit offers do):

get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads)

Gears Of War 3 was a video game credit. So for the case you were referring to you were correct in saying he couldn't apply the credit himself. Spec Ops: The Line also currently has a video game credit offer. All other current credit offers are the normal credit which can be added to previously existing orders and used on anything sold by Amazon (with a few exceptions).

As usual, ShockandAww, you are exactly right. I should have specified that "videogame credit" cannot be applied to existing orders but standard Amazon credit can.

That would be great and Battlefield $20 credit would be kindly appreciated also.
The problem is that most of the time Amazon match Walmart, Best Buy or TrU's promos. So I hope one of this big retailers do their work.

[quote name='FerDK']That would be great and Battlefield $20 credit would be kindly appreciated also.
The problem is that most of the time Amazon match Walmart, Best Buy or TrU's promos. So I hope one of this big retailers do their work.[/QUOTE]

yeah....those bf3 bonuses should arrive within a week or two from Walmart. Does anyone know if BB has done individual pre order bonuses or only the big 5/100gc?

[quote name='cRodz']I dont know guys
idiots are a diamond dozen nowadays :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aircobra']oh the irony...[/QUOTE]

Now that was funny! That could be a cartoon in the New Yorker. Made me laugh like 5 separate times.

Wish Amazon had some kind of promotion with Team Ico bundle, that would make my day. Alas, don't think it will happen. Kmart is really kicking some ass with the deals their doing.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']Wish Amazon had some kind of promotion with Team Ico bundle, that would make my day. Alas, don't think it will happen. Kmart is really kicking some ass with the deals their doing.[/QUOTE]

Look for it to potentially be a lightning deal; they've done little things in limited qty like that in the past.

[quote name='FerDK']That would be great and Battlefield $20 credit would be kindly appreciated also.
The problem is that most of the time Amazon match Walmart, Best Buy or TrU's promos. So I hope one of this big retailers do their work.[/QUOTE]

So where's my pricematch of TRU's X-Men Destiny deal so I can get Emma Frost?

[quote name='MSUHitman']So where's my pricematch of TRU's X-Men Destiny deal so I can get Emma Frost?[/QUOTE]

Ten days ago, Amazon price matched X-Men Destiny (Ps3/360) from $59.99 to $44.99 including also Emma Frost costumes + $10 promo credit and $0.99 release date delivery. Then the price went back to $59.99.
There was a thread about it so me and other CAG´s took advantage of this :D

[quote name='FerDK']Ten days ago, Amazon price matched X-Men Destiny (Ps3/360) from $59.99 to $44.99 including also Emma Frost costumes + $10 promo credit and $0.99 release date delivery. Then the price went back to $59.99.
There was a thread about it so me and other CAG´s took advantage of this :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I missed that one, but I meant matching the now $25 GC TRU is giving in-store w/purchase this week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah I missed that one, but I meant matching the now $25 GC TRU is giving in-store w/purchase this week.[/QUOTE]

I´m also waiting for that match. Let´s hope they do something this week.

I'm just hoping they will add some Forza 4 credit. There's a 10 dollar gift card at Walmart. Think they will match that deal?

[quote name='skulls dont fade']My fifa still hasn't shipped...[/QUOTE]

Nor has mIne. A chance if it don't come, I'm sending it back. It already has one of the worst preorder deals

I love how we go through this every game release...

If you don't get it Tuesday; amazon will compensate you. If you do get it Tuesday; play your game and remember that Amazon rocks.

Lol just peaked back a page.....diamond! :D

Preordered Rage and NBA 2k12 for next week hate the new $10 credits. Oh well I had credit to burn and keeps me out of Kmart and saves me a drive from a town over.

[quote name='$hady']Lol just peaked back a page.....diamond! :D

Preordered Rage and NBA 2k12 for next week hate the new $10 credits. Oh well I had credit to burn and keeps me out of Kmart and saves me a drive from a town over.[/QUOTE]

dozen

[quote name='sittinghawk3']mine shipped an hr earlier from kentucky which has to go to nj[/QUOTE]
mine is on Newark
so yeah its getting here! :hot:

To receive your Emma Frost Suits.

In the Main Menu, after selecting a save game, enter the code below:
Up, Down, Left, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left

I hate these kind of fake exclusives. No reason not to get it from TRU or kmart now.

Something is telling me to stay away from rage. All Ive Been hearing about it is MEGA TEXTURES !!!!!!! Instead of the game itself. Ive seen videos of it but they arent pushing me towards buying it

If Rage had a $20 credit offer I would be all over it. However, with TRU B2G1 sale being around the corner, I'll pass on it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jamesdevil']Really getting tired of Amazon. I apparently pre-ordered FIFA too early to get release date delivery. Are you kidding me?[/QUOTE]
I had an idiot CSR tell me this morning that I needed to pre-order my ICO collection 5 days prior to release to get RDD (I have Prime), which is bullshit. Even if I hadn't ordered this LAST YEAR, you can't tell me such a bold-faced lie because I know for a fact they can get a game to you with RDD if you order the day before. I get the feeling one of their distribution centers fucked up and they're covering up for the fact with these nonsense answers.

In fact, my order STILL hasn't shipped and it's been 'shipping soon' for 36 hours. Un-fucking-believable.

[quote name='Jodou']I had an idiot CSR tell me this morning that I needed to pre-order my ICO collection 5 days prior to release to get RDD (I have Prime), which is bullshit. Even if I hadn't ordered this LAST YEAR, you can't tell me such a bold-faced lie because I know for a fact they can get a game to you with RDD if you order the day before. I get the feeling one of their distribution centers fucked up and they're covering up for the fact with these nonsense answers.

In fact, my order STILL hasn't shipped and it's been 'shipping soon' for 36 hours. Un-fucking-believable.[/QUOTE]It's such an inane system that they (per the customer service response I got today) need you to cancel the pre-order and then reorder to get the release date shipping. It should retroactively do that. I'm doing them a favor by giving them a tangible sense of demand for an item. Ridiculous I have to keep tabs on an order to see if release date shipping gets added.

still no fifa credit for me yet. then again i had them apply the gears 3 credit after i had already ordered fifa so they just adjusted the price to $40 for me and took my gears credit. hopefully i still get the $20 credit. At the very least I should be eligible for the $10 credit. Amazon has never let me down so i'm not too worried about it. Worst case scenario is I email them and they correct it.

Does anyone know If the Arkham City credit counts on the collectors edition too or is it just the base game? seems weird theyd only do the standard

Ordered as "release-date delivery" for both X-Men and FIFA 12, but no delivery today. The tracking info for X-Men showed scheduled for delivery today and no update. FIFA just kept showing "Shipping Soon"...

Contacted Amazon and just received refund for the $0.99 shipping fee. I also didn't receive the promotional credit email even they already sent me the Fathead promo code last night...

I'm tempted on LOTR. But... Is it going to be any good? That's the question. LOTR games haven't had a good track record - probably the best licence with the worst catalog of games :cry:.

[quote name='io']I'm tempted on LOTR. But... Is it going to be any good? That's the question. LOTR games haven't had a good track record - probably the best licence with the worst catalog of games :cry:.[/QUOTE]

I traded some stuff in a Best Buy today and the games manager (or maybe the overall manager) went to a conference last week with a bunch of upcoming releases. He named the new LOTR as one of the better ones he played there. I was surprised and said, "Really?" He assured me he was serious.

bread's done
Back