Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Amazon delayed my shipment. Are you serious? It's not like I ordered yesterday. I ordered 4 days ago. They "make up for it" by refunding my 99 cents.

Can I go to Gamestop / Best Buy / Walmart and buy the game then return the Amazon copy to them for a full refund w/ receipt? Specifically Gamestop because it's walking distance right around the corner. I mean it's all the same game, right? No differences? Gamestop won't know it's not their game?

[quote name='mitnosi']Yeah, not sure I like this, would rather it auto apply...[/QUOTE]

when I read my email I was surprised I didn't get the automatic one (I too prefer that one). I better not delete that email by mistake

Just fyi the battlefield promo code actually requires you to apply a claim code to your next order. It does not automatically apply like the previous promos.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']Just fyi the battlefield promo code actually requires you to apply a claim code to your next order. It does not automatically apply like the previous promos.[/QUOTE]

lame. the news about it not stacking is even worse though.

i've had to contact amazon cs to get my past several credits and in this case, i hope the trend continues so i can avoid the code

Yes, they do stack. It has to be different offers though. For instance, I JUST used my $75 xbox credit with my $20 from BF3 together. 2 BF3 credits will not work together though. Why the hell is there such a rampant spread of misinformation in this thread?

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Did anyone receive their 400 Microsoft points for Dance Central 2? I received my $10 Amazon credit, but not the points.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received either of the codes.

[quote name='Dalerax']If anyone is still worried about their game not arriving on release date because their tracking info is off, don't fret it. My copy of BF3 just shipped from Kentucky to Arizona in 46 minutes, according to the tracker.

So either Amazon has access to some otherworldly technology for super-fast transportation, or the tracker isn't to be trusted. Either way, you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I had already cancelled my pre-order yesterday and as others stated I should have received BF3 earlier than what I was told by 2 amazon custom service reps which stated it would not arrive until about thursday or friday. Shitty! I missed out on the $20 promotional credit, le of the game and a few other things.

[quote name='jaygood17']This....SO THIS. Come on Amazon dont fail me! :hot:[/QUOTE]
They still have this weekend to react again like they did for BF3. Amazon doesn't do shit anymore unless a place like Kmart has a coupon sadly.

Have the people who pre-ordered from Amazon and got $0.99 Shipping got their copies yet? Im still waiting sadly and it was like 30 minutes away from my house at 5 in the morning. Also, does it come to your house or your mailbox?

[quote name='JMAVERIX']Have the people who pre-ordered from Amazon and got $0.99 Shipping got their copies yet? Im still waiting sadly and it was like 30 minutes away from my house at 5 in the morning. Also, does it come to your house or your mailbox?[/QUOTE]

I got mine. Don't worry my friend you will get it as well :) if it fits in the mail box (and it should) it will be in it. Why people still panic about the release day shipping is beyond me

[quote name='strait edge follower']I got mine. Don't worry my friend you will get it as well :) if it fits in the mail box (and it should) it will be in it. Why people still panic about the release day shipping is beyond me[/QUOTE]

I want them to deliver it to my house because getting inside my mailbox wont be easy and its already 4:30 and I dont have it yet. Also, I saw the UPS car up the hill from my house when I was coming from school and it hasnt passed by yet.

EDIT: I just got it right now!!!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']didn't get the dog tags. I sent the game as a gift to someone so will have to ask them if it comes in the case.[/QUOTE]
code gets emailed to you

Let them choose from millions of items › Amazon.com Gift Cards

Your Amazon.com Today's Deals See All Departments

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for ordering Battlefield 3 . Please see the instructions below on how to receive your multiplayer Dog Tag Pack pre-order bonus content.

Here is your bonus code: GF8S-MH6T-Q8K2

How to redeem the code your PlayStation 3 console:
Step 1: Create a PlayStation Network account (or log in using an existing PlayStation Network account).
Step 2: From the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB, select Account Management.
Step 3: Select the "Redeem Codes" option.
Step 4: Enter the Voucher Code below and follow instructions to download.

I got mine. For some reason i thought the dogtags would be an actual thing like whatever they hand out at the BB midnight launch, etc., doesn't make a difference to me though, I guess. Now I just need to get out of work.

Got my BF3 $20 credit code (weird that they're giving codes, I prefer auto credit) and dog tag dlc emails. If only I wasn't out of town I could be playing BF3 right now...

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Did anyone receive their 400 Microsoft points for Dance Central 2? I received my $10 Amazon credit, but not the points.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on the 400 MS points as well.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Wasn't sure where to ask this so sorry if wrong thread.
Did they remove the preorder bonus from King of Fighters XIII? I don't see it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it seem it´s gone.

[quote name='lilman']Got my BF3 $20 credit code (weird that they're giving codes, I prefer auto credit) and dog tag dlc emails. If only I wasn't out of town I could be playing BF3 right now...[/QUOTE]
Ditto for me. I'm out of town until Thurs. *shakes fist at work*

My situation is the same. On the front of the game box it says "CARD FOR 240 MICROSOFT POINTS INCLUDED". I hope we still get the 400 Microsoft points.

[quote name='Dalerax']Hmm, got my $20 credit but no dog tag email. Anyone else in a similar situation?[/QUOTE]Yep, same here. Got my $20 credit about 24 hours ago, no dog tag code.

[quote name='roscooee']isnt the dog tag thing in the box and you have to activate it on origin or something[/QUOTE]

no. two CAGs on this page reported that they got email for dog tag dlc. like several others, I have NOT received the dog tags either

i sure hope they add credit for uncharted. my credit at best buy covers mw3 and my credit in amazon is for uncharted and saints row. would be nice if i could get saints row cheaper with uncharted credit

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']I say we photoshop another "email" and cause another uproar. Huzzah.
random.gif

[/QUOTE]

Lol I second that!

[quote name='Jodou']They still have this weekend to react again like they did for BF3. Amazon doesn't do shit anymore unless a place like Kmart has a coupon sadly.[/QUOTE]

As others and myself have said multiple times in this thread already, Amazon never started the whole promo credits thing in the first place. It was Walmart that made them react to competition. And they don't match K-mart's deals.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']no. two CAGs on this page reported that they got email for dog tag dlc. like several others, I have NOT received the dog tags either[/QUOTE]

I got the email saying it was shipped, dog tags, and $20 credit all at once on Monday afternoon.

[quote name='Brenex']I got the email saying it was shipped, dog tags, and $20 credit all at once on Monday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I got my emails with the $20 credit and Dog Tag codes at 1am tuesday

[quote name='wolve']As others and myself have said multiple times in this thread already, Amazon never started the whole promo credits thing in the first place. It was Walmart that made them react to competition. And they don't match K-mart's deals.[/QUOTE]

yeah,, amazon has rather been reactive than proactive when it comes to these credits. they will only do it if there is competition online. if there isn't, they don't have to give credit unless they feel generous to its customer like battlefield 3 $20 credit.

lol was reading on Neogaf that Vita will require a memory card to even play many games, Uncharted included. The game wont boot without you buying the separate proprietary memory. I can't believe the idiocy. First the 3DS with a $250 price, no games, and some weird ass button add on...and now this.

They dont learn. Unreal. Include the memory/drop the price, or it's going to fail. Maybe enough good games could save it? Ugh just ridiculous.

I swear this is so stupid that they must leak this shit on purpose just to judge response. Can we get away with this? No Sony, no you can't, so fix it. Holy shit.

edit: Yeah I dont know why I put my rant in this thread. oops.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back