Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered Lotr war in the north, I received the bonus Orc sword. I'm still waiting on the $20 credit. They also sent me the preorder bonus code for uncharted 3, but I didn't preorder it from them. I got it from newegg, the code should still work right?

^^^ I redeemed my Uncharted 3 code right away this morning (I also received it in error) and it worked. I redeemed it right away because I waited a week or so on the Ratchet & Clank code they sent me in error and it didn't work.

Lol, so people who don't keep their orders get the DLC before people who had theirs ship already. I wish somebody could give Amazon competition because after this year, I'm ready for someone reliable again.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, so people who don't keep their orders get the DLC before people who had theirs ship already. I wish somebody could give Amazon competition because after this year, I'm ready for someone reliable again.[/QUOTE]

Starting to feel the same way. I got my code but no game coming today. Preordered months ago with RDD and its not coming until tomorrow. Whats worse is I called several times this morning and for the first time in forever they wouldnt even offer a credit for the screw up. No preorder credit and not having it on release day I guess im going to start shoppiong with a new store now.

To make it worse then sent me the collectors gudie for UC3 and it arrived today but no game.

[quote name='junkie88']Starting to feel the same way. I got my code but no game coming today. Preordered months ago with RDD and its not coming until tomorrow. Whats worse is I called several times this morning and for the first time in forever they wouldnt even offer a credit for the screw up. No preorder credit and not having it on release day I guess im going to start shoppiong with a new store now.

To make it worse then sent me the collectors gudie for UC3 and it arrived today but no game.[/QUOTE]

Same here not getting mine today either. I am done ordering games from amazon for release day. They have messed up my release day orders 3 times in the last two months. And for me at least it is amazons fault not ups's. My tracking for uncharted says a label has been made and that they did not even get it yet. Did not get Deus Ex until that Friday and I had Release Day and that order too.

Weird wonder what the hell is going on at Amazon that they've been messing up so many release day offers lately.

I also got the UC3 preorder code and I canceled my order from Amazon months ago. This makes me glad I did and haven't renewed my Prime membership.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Weird wonder what the hell is going on at Amazon that they've been messing up so many release day offers lately.

I also got the UC3 preorder code and I canceled my order from Amazon months ago. This makes me glad I did and haven't renewed my Prime membership.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, although it has been a pain whenever I want something that isn't over $25 lol. If anything, it's saving me more money now ha. GJ Amazon, from hero to zero.

I received my Battlefield order I placed on Sunday. It shipped on Monday, received my $20 credit in the morning and the game which was supposed to arrive on Wednesday arrived today. I received the Limited Edition as well. I'm definitely satisfied.

I haven't received my Uncharted 3 pre-order bonuses. Is it just one code or a set of codes?

Does anyone has the exact text of what the bonuses are? I need to tell them what they are in case the CS is clueless.

The only reason why I got Uncharted from Amazon was because I got it for $20.

Now since I used all my coupons, I have to look for a new store. KMart has been luring me in. I love there offers.

[quote name='Static Puff']Same here not getting mine today either. I am done ordering games from amazon for release day. They have messed up my release day orders 3 times in the last two months. And for me at least it is amazons fault not ups's. My tracking for uncharted says a label has been made and that they did not even get it yet. Did not get Deus Ex until that Friday and I had Release Day and that order too.[/QUOTE]

Same thing mine says it really makes me mad when they blame UPS even though you know they haven't shipped it yet.

[quote name='Third Eye']Did you get your LOTR: War in the North $20 promotion too? I got the pre-order bonus so far, that's it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah got the $20 and the orc sword this morning

i ordered FIFA 12 (only game so far preordered) and it arrived as promised on Release Day

Amazon always delivers for me

Just got of the line with Customer Service. They're really testing my patience. He said he guaranteed Uncharted 3 would arrive today. Its 8PM and nothing. So then he said I would have to wait until AT LEAST November 3. So I asked him if I could get compensation for it and he said there was nothing he could do.

I've had this game preordered with RDD all summer. I canceled my newegg $48 order just to get it earlier. They haven't had any preorder credits. This isn't the first time they've messed up shipping either. I didn't have any complaints before this year. But as of recently, they've been slipping up with credits, orders have been coming very late, or even not at all.

UPS says they haven't even received the package yet.

[quote name='whitekraken']Just got of the line with Customer Service. They're really testing my patience. He said he guaranteed Uncharted 3 would arrive today. Its 8PM and nothing. So then he said I would have to wait until AT LEAST November 3. So I asked him if I could get compensation for it and he said there was nothing he could do.

I've had this game preordered with RDD all summer. I canceled my newegg $48 order just to get it earlier. They haven't had any preorder credits. This isn't the first time they've messed up shipping either. I didn't have any complaints before this year. But as of recently, they've been slipping up with credits, orders have been coming very late, or even not at all.

UPS says they haven't even received the package yet.[/QUOTE]

call back at 10PM (UPS delivers as late as 7:30 so 8 might be within their error range)..

just be like "it's clearly not gonna get here. I paid for this and was eagerly anticipating it."

They'll probably offer you the cost of 1 day delivery (Even if you paid for it via prime) or more in compensation.

But be nice. I get the feeling people get banned for being assholes and returning too much rather than just asking for stuff they really should get. In this case, whatever the cost is of RDD.

I am having issues with Uncharted 3 as well. I pre-ordered in February and I'm supposed to have release date delivery. I got a shipping notice late last night but the tracking information hasn't updated all day. All it says is:

October 31, 2011 07:01:02 PM Whitestown IN US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I did get my DLC code this morning.

I guess I'll send an email. This is getting old. Also, I could have swore that there was a $10 credit on this game earlier in the year.

I don't think it's worth it to complain about not getting stuff with RDD. The way they seem to be lowering the ban-hammer it's better to just silent like a ninja :3

[quote name='Zaku77']I don't think it's worth it to complain about not getting stuff with RDD. The way they seem to be lowering the ban-hammer it's better to just silent like a ninja :3[/QUOTE]

Ehhh...they can't punish anyone for polite complaints regarding legitimate shortcomings.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yeah, they can unfortunately. Check out the thread in the Deal Discussion forum.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit that I haven't read that entire thread, so maybe some users with more compelling stories showed up later in the thread, but I'm not convinced. They screw up their promos all of the time with me and I'm always having to contact them about it. I'm convinced that it has something to do with pre-ordering very early (before the promos are active), which is something I tend to do.

With my Uncharted 3 problem, Amazon can easily see that I'm being 100% honest because they have access to the same UPS tracking info that I do.

I totally agree that you are being 100% honest. There are SOOOO many examples of people getting totally fucked being equally as honest though. The ENORMOUS slickdeals thread is just as down heartening.

I wouldn't hesitate to contact support for a partial refund if I was you. You won't be banned over a minor reasonable request. I spend thousands on amazon and have sought partial refunds many times when they fail to uphold their end of the deal, with no issue.

I don't mean to step on any toes but I find it hard to believe that they are mass banning totally innocent people. There's no way you're going to get into any trouble with amazon over a reasonable refund.

I was kinda surprised I ended up receiving my LOTR: War in the North order today since there was not release day delivery available. And for the first time in awhile I didn't need to send an email asking for my preorder bonus!

[quote name='tiffany360']I was kinda surprised I ended up receiving my LOTR: War in the North order today since there was not release day delivery available. And for the first time in awhile I didn't need to send an email asking for my preorder bonus![/QUOTE]

Did anyone get their $20 credit yet on LOTR? My order shipped on Monday night and I have only received the DLC.

I was curious about this also since I haven't received an email for it yet, so I went to pre-order the Halo remake. It automatically put the $20 credit towards the order. Its there!

[quote name='tiffany360']I was curious about this also since I haven't received an email for it yet, so I went to pre-order the Halo remake. It automatically put the $20 credit towards the order. Its there![/QUOTE]

Not for me it's not. I tried a few minutes ago and no credit was present.

[quote name='bojay1997']Not for me it's not. I tried a few minutes ago and no credit was present.[/QUOTE]

Just talk to a CS rep. Often times they can fix it immediately, and even if they can't you should have it taken care of by the end of the day.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did anyone get their $20 credit yet on LOTR? My order shipped on Monday night and I have only received the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Got mine yesterday. Haven't even gotten the game yet. I bought the new Winnie the Pooh movie and a book about King Kenny with the credit.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did anyone get their $20 credit yet on LOTR? My order shipped on Monday night and I have only received the DLC.[/QUOTE]
No credit showing up here yet, but the DLC was prompt. Was going to wait until Friday before raising a stink, since they do say "up to 2 days after ship".

[quote name='Althax']Any guesses if saints row 3 will go 20$ credit before release?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on it. The $20 plateau hasn't been seen much lately besides on a select few AAA titles. I sure hope so, but I doubt it for this particular release.

Yup, got an e-mail about it this morning. Along with the $20 credit I got from Battlefield 3, I've been toying around with the idea of getting Saints Row: The Third for ~$22, or Disgaea 4 for ~$11.

So, its TWO DAYS until MW3 launches. amazon is offering ZERO promo credit codes for this game? not $10? not $20? WTF?????????????????????????????

[quote name='zanbeak']So, its TWO DAYS until MW3 launches. amazon is offering ZERO promo credit codes for this game? not $10? not $20? WTF?????????????????????????????[/QUOTE]

If they do offer credit, it will probably start on Saturday, just like what they did with BF3.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']It appears that the $20 credit for Battlefield 3 is gone as well.[/QUOTE]

someone sure if $20 for battlefield 3 is gone ? :cry:
shaolin.gif

bread's done
Back