Amazon Exclusive Holiday Walking Dead Vita Bundle $174.99

I think Amazon just got the game codes from Sony and are repackaging them with the Walking Dead Vita bundles they have on hand.
More than likely they will just email you the game codes. Thats what they did last year. The walking dead voucher should be in the bundle though since thats how the bundle was made.

More than likely they will just email you the game codes. Thats what they did last year. The walking dead voucher should be in the bundle though since thats how the bundle was made.
That actually makes a lot more sense then Sony or Amazon wasting paper and printing out the codes haha

How's the future look for the Vita? I was really surprised at the lack of good games available for it and there doesn't seem to be anything impressive slated for this holiday season.

How's the future look for the Vita? I was really surprised at the lack of good games available for it and there doesn't seem to be anything impressive slated for this holiday season.
Killzone Mercs and Tearaway are both top shelf retail releases for the Holiday window. FWIW, I love my Vita and recommend the system to everyone without hesitation. Quality indies and retail titles (although fewer of the latter than I'd hoped for) when traveling, PS4 Remote Play at home so I can game without being distracting while my wife watches romcoms or reads.

Future retail pipe is a bit vague, but Gravity Rush 2 is in development and other games are invariably being worked on. The problem is that Sony's top studios are being tasked with PS4 work. Indie pipe is deep, though. About a dozen high quality titles incoming, like Binding of Isaac.

And you get most of the PS1 and PSP back catalog. War of the Lions, Persona 3 Portable and tons of other great SRPG/JRPG's to plow into if there's nothing new and shiny for the Vita that strikes your fancy at any given moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not. I feel like the discounted priced Vita's were the standard Walking Dead Bundles to remove the excess stock they had of it. 

I went to Best Buy today to pick up the 8gb Vita bundle and it wasn't in stock even though it said online that it was available.

Wonder if this is a sign from the CAG gods that I should wait for the Black Friday deals.

Probably not. I feel like the discounted priced Vita's were the standard Walking Dead Bundles to remove the excess stock they had of it.
But why would they WHD it as an Amazon bundle instead of the basic Walking Dead bundle if that's the case? Something's weird about this.

But why would they WHD it as an Amazon bundle instead of the basic Walking Dead bundle if that's the case? Something's weird about this.
Im sure this is gonna be like the AC bundle last year. Its gonna be a bundle with codes sent in email. Id expect this to go very quick like the AC lightning deal.

Id also expect them to match ebays $150 Vita sometime too. Id bet this bundle is like $180 then they will match the $150 nonbundled

You THINK you want the 8GB. You actually want the 16GB or 32GB. Trust us.
I already filled my 8GB card. Did that on Sunday. For now it will work ok as I usually only play 1 or 2 games at a time but I can see me picking up a larger card at some point.

I was thinking of picking one up for Terraria coming up. But then I remember how bad it is to play Terraria any other way than with mouse/keyboard. I have tried 360 and ipad, and I really don't like either, even though I adore the game on PC.

Im sure this is gonna be like the AC bundle last year. Its gonna be a bundle with codes sent in email. Id expect this to go very quick like the AC lightning deal.

Id also expect them to match ebays $150 Vita sometime too. Id bet this bundle is like $180 then they will match the $150 nonbundled
The AC bundle lasted forever. Like 6 hours or more.

Ordered one off of AWD. No physical vouchers were included except the Walking Dead code. Contacting customer service now. Hoping to receive a code(s) for the games missing... but I'm not counting on it. :(

Ordered one off of AWD. No physical vouchers were included except the Walking Dead code. Contacting customer service now. Hoping to receive a code(s) for the games missing... but I'm not counting on it. :(
I'm pretty sure the description said that the voucher was included so I'm sure you'll at least get something out of them

I'm pretty sure the description said that the voucher was included so I'm sure you'll at least get something out of them
Was told to wait a day or two after delivery for the codes to arrive via e-mail. If they failed to arrive by then, they would manually provide the missing codes to me.

Nice! :)

I received this today, but no code was included for the other games. Do you think they will send it later?
When they say that Golden Abyss, Retro City Rampage, and whatever else is included, they don't mean individual codes for those individual games. Aside from The Walking Dead, the other games are part of Playstation Plus, which I believe the bundle includes a 1 month trial, which is the only reason why it says it includes it.

When they say that Golden Abyss, Retro City Rampage, and whatever else is included, they don't mean individual codes for those individual games. Aside from The Walking Dead, the other games are part of Playstation Plus, which I believe the bundle includes a 1 month trial, which is the only reason why it says it includes it.

This can't be true because Sly was never part of PS+.

Ew, really, that much? Shoot, I really hope it goes under 200, otherwise I might have to pick up a Vita somewhere else, those download games are nice but aren't worth THAT much to me.

The deal does state it starts the 29th at midnight PST I believe. May be wrong on the time zone but regardless I have no Idea why you guys think the deal already started. 

Ew, really, that much? Shoot, I really hope it goes under 200, otherwise I might have to pick up a Vita somewhere else, those download games are nice but aren't worth THAT much to me.
I'm pretty sure it will go cheaper at some point on Friday; the question is how much cheaper.

The deal does state it starts the 29th at midnight PST I believe. May be wrong on the time zone but regardless I have no Idea why you guys think the deal already started.
No, I figured this wasn't the sale price, but before now there simply wasn't a price stated, just that it would be available soon. Maybe this is MSRP for everything, but even then that seems high.

I think that's just an inflated price point because it's a Warehouse item currently. Didn't a bunch of people just buy it for $150 before? Don't worry everyone, I don't think it's going to be $200. Last year they sold the Assassin's Creed bundle for $170 (?) and that was when the Vita was more expensive normally. 

I'm really expecting $170 or less. 

So I noticed a Mystery Deal in the Lightning Deals at 12:00AM for which the clue is "Get the freedom to game when you want & where you want.". Is this the Vita bundle?

A bunch of digital games. I would buy it and sell those to buy physical copies, but the odds of me getting enough to cover each game are probably pretty low. And that wouldn't lower the cost of the Vita down by much either. I think I am just going to buy one used from someone with a couple games, case, and mem cards for $150 or something.

So I noticed a Mystery Deal in the Lightning Deals at 12:00AM for which the clue is "Get the freedom to game when you want & where you want.". Is this the Vita bundle?
[customspoiler='Good catch!']
1263396694326.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I bought 2 3G/wifi vitas from bestbuy last night for $169 (Christmas gifts) but am hoping this deal comes through at $169 or below and I will return those. It says Amazon exclusive but are no other retailers doing a bundle Black Friday deal? With the PS4 out now which adds a lot of value to the vita I figured they would have been in all the ads today.

Weird, I don't see this in the Lightning Deals at all, is there a specific section for it?

Edit: Think that's referring to this

0xiMXUm.jpg

Weird, I don't see this in the Lightning Deals at all, is there a specific section for it?

Edit: Think that's referring to this

0xiMXUm.jpg
Yeah they moved it from 12:00AM to 1:10PM for some reason and now have that picture . Guess it wasn't the Vita.

*sigh* I just wanna know what time its gonna become available so I can sleep accordingly.

Wonder why Amazon is being so quiet about this bundle. At this time last year we already had details about the vita bundle and a BF price tag.

Kind of frustrating. I just want to know a time and price.

Wonder why Amazon is being so quiet about this bundle. At this time last year we already had details about the vita bundle and a BF price tag.

Kind of frustrating. I just want to know a time and price.
Its listed as starting at 12:01am Pacific here. I mean, no price yet, but it looks like its good to go for 3 am.

bread's done
Back