Amazon Exclusive Holiday Walking Dead Vita Bundle $174.99

Its listed as starting at 12:01am Pacific here. I mean, no price yet, but it looks like its good to go for 3 am.

Damn why can they say a price, I don't wanna stay up if the price isn't gonna be that good. I already all the games expect the walking dead which I don't care about.

Ahhhhh, I don't know if I want to bite on a vita, or wait for that slim model to hit the US. I like the idea of the slim weighing less, better battery, regular USB charger, and more colors, but opinions so far on the LCD have been pretty middling...
+1

Same here. I'm mainly interested in Remote Play, but since there's a newer model (in Japan), I'd rather get that one (?) Any help with this one?

How much does the one in Japan costs? $150-$160 is a good price range? I know there's no ETA on NA for the new model...

Halp!

Last edited by a moderator:
The slim is $180 in Japan, and don't forget about the $100 Vita TV not yet announced for other regions. I think  this bundle will be $150-$170. Uncharted is currently free for PS+. Retro City Rampage was free last December. Sly Cooper Thieves in Time is $10 right now for PS3 & Vita Digital Cross Buy, but the bundle includes only the Vita copy. If you sell all the codes it's a damn good deal. If you're not bothered about used consoles, Cowboom has good condition Vitas for $110 often.

Gah... I can't decide if I'd actually play this or not.  My time is so little to play games as it is!

$175 is too high IMO. For that price it should come with a 8GB or 16GB card because you'll need it to store all those digital games. And how come PS+ isn't $30?

Got it, probably the best I could hope for and I stayed up till 3 for it so I figured I ought to ^_^

EDIT: ugh, guys you're making me reconsider...

175 is a good price point for me, especially since I don't pay tax on Amazon (yet). Plus I got my Amazon gift card at 15% off, so getting this for about 150 is great.

$175? i'll wait since uncharted is free on PS+ anyway...

i guess i should have picked up a 3DS XL with Zelda and sold my current one
Yea the Target by me apparently still has a couple of the Zelda 3DS' , however, I think on both of these deals i'm just going to wait and see if i can't score one on craigslist early next year some time.

Oh well, I probably wouldn't play them that much anyway. But it was fun to sit with anticipation!

a little too expensive for me considering i don't want those games and they're only codes...a pain for me to resell.

and i barely played the white vita the first time around

for those asking about slim. I have both slim and regular. I've relegated my regular to my JP PSN account (which I use less) and have my slim as main.   The screen doesn't matter that much in game and only really note worthy if you do direct side to side comparison.  The benefit of battery life, usb charging (which actually make the vita much easier to take along with you anywhere since the charger is huge (in comparison, which 3ds is proprietary charger, it is of much slimmer profile, easy to toss in a backpack and forget about it. Vita charger, not so much...), slimmer/lighter profile and imo the more modern look (no silly silver plastic trim) makes the slim my choice.   

I picked one up.  Still have points from Sony Rewards to use for Purchase credit.

The eBay Vita deal never happened.  It was on their ad scan.

What a waste. Definitely not worth staying up until 2am for. Thanks for nothing Amazon. I'm not interested in an overpriced bundle with 2 games that are already free with ps+.

I really thought we were going to get a $150 bundle. :(

Surprised Amazon didn't hit at least $160.00 with their BF Vita deal. It would of probably been better for the customer(moved more units) if they dropped the bundled on games and just offered the Walking Dead bundle for $160.00.

@Mr.NinjaSquirrel - If  $175 was your buy price and you actually want the games bundled in, then its not a bad call. I see it as a bad call only because Unchated is free on PSN+, I'm not into the Sly series, Walking Dead can be found cheap on PC, the last game I never even heard of, and last year Amazon had the limited edition bundle for $5 more(prior to the official price drop). It just feels like last years BF bundle was a better deal, not to mention AWD has Like New wifi Vitas  popping in at $149 and other retailers are moving Vitas at decent prices.

Well got my Vita. Second black friday in a row I buy one. Finally I have this bad ass handheld once again. Great price for a great system with good games included if you don't have them already. Highly recommend if you are more than a casual gamer.

Call me weird but $175 for this is a great price. Less would of been awesome but still worth it.

175 is pretty abysmal after last year's bundle was 180 before the 50 dollar price drop.  The bundle last year was flat out better considering PS All Stars and Assassin's Creed Liberation were brand new 40 dollar games at the time and basically exclusive to the system.  Not to mention the 3 months of PS Plus which is what actually sold me on the system with the same 4gb memory card..

I ordered one for now anyway since it seems like the best I'll be able to do for now that the Ebay deal didn't come through yet.  Not sure whether I'll keep it since I need to get another Vita somewhere tomorrow for my twin nephews for Christmas gifts since they have been each asking for their own when messing around with mine the past few months.

Last years deal was better, but this one isn't bad. If it gets you a Vita with 4 games, for that price? i think its great. Invest in another memory card though. All of those games are fantastic, Allstars and Liberation were okay. Walking Dead, Uncharted are AAA games, some of the very best the system has to offer. Sly is fantastic too if you have the collection or have played the others.

Well I guess I will keep it now I see ebay's is from Newegg which means I will be charged tax, and with shipping it's but $5 less. Wanted for better, but at least I will finally be able to put these PS+ games to use...now to find a deal on a memory card...

Well I guess I will keep it now I see ebay's is from Newegg which means I will be charged tax, and with shipping it's but $5 less. Wanted for better, but at least I will finally be able to put these PS+ games to use...now to find a deal on a memory card...
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, only going to save $12 if I get the Ebay deal so I'm just going to keep the Walking Dead Amazon bundle and get the extra games. Will probably try to sell the Walking Dead code though.

I don't think the Ebay Vital comes with an 8 gb memory card either, just searched the model number (711719220329) on Best Buy and it doesn't match up with the Wifi/3G Vita 8 gb bundle.

Just purchased mine. What's some good things to buy to protect the screen / also maybe like a hard skin for it or something? Anyone with experience owning this let me know.

I still can't believe there isn't a better bundle this year with the price drop. The white amazon bundle from last year made me think Amazon would at least have something that good for $150 or even less. 

Amazon and Gamestop have the 8GB for $10. That can hold you off until you can get another deal on a bigger card. If you're the type of player that sticks to 1-2 games till completion, then the 8GB card will be fine as you can store your save on PSN+, delete finished games, and just re-download the game to your Vita when you need it. If you want to have a small walking library with you at all times, then yeah, you'll need at least the 16GB.

Thank you so much for posting ths, would have gone to sleep and missed out if you didn't.

Canceled the Amazon order and got 2 of these so now I can sleep easy knowing the most important part of my Christmas shopping is taken care of.

I honestly can't recommend the system enough at this price, especially with Plus at 30 bucks. I'm pretty much buried in games from Plus for Vita alone, whether for free or extreme discounts. The PS4 remote play works surprisingly well too for anyone who is considering it for that aspect. The overall library is getting up there with GBA for me personally, which I would have never thought a year ago.

Just purchased mine. What's some good things to buy to protect the screen / also maybe like a hard skin for it or something? Anyone with experience owning this let me know.
Depends on you really. There are protectors to cover the screen, protectors to cover the rear touch panel, and protectors that cover the full front & back. Then you can get a hard skin for it but I would recommend the soft Hori skin, to avoid any accidental scratches by the hard skin if it doesn't secure properly. You can just type Vita screen protector in Amazon and you'll get the whole selection to make your call.

Yeah I jumped in on the newegg/eBay deal.  $5 shipping, but they didn't charge me tax, which would have been $11 (on the $150 price)

Saved even more money than I thought I would

I have the hori one on mine and its awseome. I like it because it covers the entire front of the vita unlike the Sony ones. The insctructions that come with it suck so I would recommend you watch the youtube video below if you pick it up. I installed mine perfectly with no air bubbles, cant even tell its there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9EDPtcxYo

yea what a waste I would of preferred if they at least did a lighting deal with just a wifi version for 150

Surprised Amazon didn't hit at least $160.00 with their BF Vita deal. It would of probably been better for the customer(moved more units) if they dropped the bundled on games and just offered the Walking Dead bundle for $160.00.

Well got my Vita. Second black friday in a row I buy one. Finally I have this bad ass handheld once again. Great price for a great system with good games included if you don't have them already. Highly recommend if you are more than a casual gamer.

Call me weird but $175 for this is a great price. Less would of been awesome but still worth it.
Would have. I know the american school system is pretty poor, but how do you not notice that those two words side by side don't really make sense?

I try to ignore it usually, but three times within four posts is baffling.

I have the hori one on mine and its awseome. I like it because it covers the entire front of the vita unlike the Sony ones. The insctructions that come with it suck so I would recommended you watch the youtube video below if you pick it up. I installed mine perfectly with no air bubbles, cant even tell its there.
Ahh dont ya love that? Theres nothing quite like perfectly applying full front body screen protector perfectly. The sense of victory and satisfaction...

kinda crappy deal i'm just going to wait for the slim model
This isn't a great deal, but why would you settle for the inferior model? You can find a better deal than this on an OLED model imo. Not much better, but these games are mostly useless as 2 of them are free with PS+, and Walking Dead isn't a video game.

I think there is a standalone for $150 on ebay from Newegg. It's not really a deal compared to the Amazon bundle but you can at least spend the extra to get a decent memory card, as 4 gigs is useless.

+1

Same here. I'm mainly interested in Remote Play, but since there's a newer model (in Japan), I'd rather get that one (?) Any help with this one?

How much does the one in Japan costs? $150-$160 is a good price range? I know there's no ETA on NA for the new model...

Halp!
Id wait for the newer model. IMO, the better battery life and USB charging is a lot more convenient and will be worth it.

bread's done
Back