Amazon Exclusive Holiday Walking Dead Vita Bundle $174.99

Well this is terrible compared to last years deal. Sorry to whoever I told not to buy from the warehouse when they had them. You can still find a better deal though.

How I wish that USPS would have been shipping stuff with li-ion batteries last year... I would have been all over the Vita last Black Friday, but I'm not feeling this deal. If Ratchet and Uncharted were physical copies, I would bite. But not if all the games are digital.

I thought about this one but went with the $155 vita off eBay. The 4gb card is pretty much worthless and I already have Sly Cooper cross buy from newegg I think for $10 and uncharted is free with ps+. Still, for others it might be a good deal but it just goes to show how awesome that AssCreed bundle was last year. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on that sweet white vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I have $100 in Amazon GCs but I'm wondering if I should wait for the new model. $74 seems like a great deal though.

Hmm I have $100 in Amazon GCs but I'm wondering if I should wait for the new model. $74 seems like a great deal though.
I was tempted to wait too until I realized the new model will most likely still msrp @$200 for something that has marginally better batt life and is a little thinner but also the lesser screen. If the new models were $150 I would totally wait because from what I hear the new screen is fine as long as there isn't an OLED Vita right next to it, but for $50 more, I can't justify waiting.

What are good prices for the memory cards these days? I know they are way overpriced. Looks like the $10 8gb from Amazon sold out already.

Not even tempted by this 'deal'
Agreed lol. Vita is a dog. The few games I may be interested in aren't even pushed in bundles, and they push downloadable bundles with horrible memory card prices. A real niche can't even be built up by Sony's ass backwards logic here. Make an SD compatible Vita and a Vita only PS+ subscription at half the cost of a 'regular' one andmaybe they could get something going for it. Instead, you just gotta accept getting fucked if you wanna own this system.

Agreed lol. Vita is a dog. The few games I may be interested in aren't even pushed in bundles, and they push downloadable bundles with horrible memory card prices. A real niche can't even be built up by Sony's ass backwards logic here. Make an SD compatible Vita and a Vita only PS+ subscription at half the cost of a 'regular' one andmaybe they could get something going for it. Instead, you just gotta accept getting fucked if you wanna own this system.
wut

I ordered this last night and decided to cancel this morning. I already own/completed Walking Dead on PS3 and I kind of doubt that the next "season" will be crossbuy (if be on the Vita at all), so I don't see a reason to play through the Vita version of the first season when I'm just going to buy the next season on PS3. I bought Sly Cooper at Wal-Mart yesterday for $10 and as many others have said, the other two games have been free on PS+. I wound up buying the eBay bundle this morning for $149. No tax and shipping charges made this the better deal for me, especially since I needed to buy a 8GB memory card for either bundle.

I had planned on selling off the codes but honestly given the games involved, I doubt they'll sell for much, especially since they are all digital codes.

Hopefully enough people cancel their order for the eBay deal and Amazon realizes how shitty this bundle is.

Even after sleeping on it I still can't pull the trigger.

Did anyone who picked this up a week ago receive their codes via email?  They delivered my system a few days ago with the walking dead code but haven't been emailed the others....

Depends on you really. There are protectors to cover the screen, protectors to cover the rear touch panel, and protectors that cover the full front & back. Then you can get a hard skin for it but I would recommend the soft Hori skin, to avoid any accidental scratches by the hard skin if it doesn't secure properly. You can just type Vita screen protector in Amazon and you'll get the whole selection to make your call.
I bought the official screen protectors for $1.98 from amazon (includes 2) and the madcatz hard shell to avoid scratching for 4.99 as a lighting deal- they are both good and I am happy with them

UGhhhhh. I can't decide whether or not to buy this. Which probably means I shouldn't but ughghghghg. This would make subway rides way more entertaining.

I bought it last night at midnight. I don't think its a great deal but I had a GC so it was like $87 (I live in cali, sales tax :/ ) I have most of the games but since I couldn't get sly last night it made it a lil bit sweeter for me

Thinking I'll just keep the one I got from RadioShack. This is about $16 more for Walking Dead and Sly (which doesn't seem bad) but a smaller memory card which I hear is inadequate. 

Question, if you guys could help, I'd appreciate it:

I bought Sly TiT for PS3 from Newegg a couple of months ago.

Does *any* copy of Sly TiT PS3 entitle you to the Vita version, or is it only in specially marked packages?

Thanks.

You're an ass clown. Nobody is getting f-d owning this system. It is a great handheld with even more possibilities to become even better with the PS4. I've played and enjoyed so many games on my Vita while traveling. I've owned the vita since it launched and have enjoyed it ever since even more than I've enjoyed laughing at goons like you making idiotic posts about the system.

Thinking I'll just keep the one I got from RadioShack. This is about $16 more for Walking Dead and Sly (which doesn't seem bad) but a smaller memory card which I hear is inadequate.

Question, if you guys could help, I'd appreciate it:

I bought Sly TiT for PS3 from Newegg a couple of months ago.

Does *any* copy of Sly TiT PS3 entitle you to the Vita version, or is it only in specially marked packages?

Thanks.
What is the radioshack deal? Because I can't find that anywhere

You're an ass clown. Nobody is getting f-d owning this system. It is a great handheld with even more possibilities to become even better with the PS4. I've played and enjoyed so many games on my Vita while traveling. I've owned the vita since it launched and have enjoyed it ever since even more than I've enjoyed laughing at goons like you making idiotic posts about the system.
well said. people need to appreciate the vita

What is the radioshack deal? Because I can't find that anywhere
Sorry, the RS deal is done now. It was a couple of weeks ago: $160 for either the Wi-Fi or 3G/Wi-Fi (which comes with a 8GB card).

It was a mixed bag as some people received product that had clearly been opened and resealed.

Also, heads up Amazon price matched the memory card. Someone might have said that, but I'm lost today. I'm so lost. 

terrible deal. just came back from my local walmart with where Managers special for the 3g wifi model was only $99 dollars. Yes, Brand New vita for $99. This was in SOCAL ORANGE COUNTY. PM if you want the details.

Am I the only one who got the ebay offer and is now looking for a good deal on a 32 gb memory card?
Nope. I ordered an 8gb from Amazon but since it was out of stock, I have to wait for them to get more in.

I'm curious if the bundle will be the same price since it's a lightning deal today and tomorrow.

I bought the Amazon bundle, but am also hoping for a deal on the 32GB card. $50 is about the most I would pay for it though, so I might be waiting awhile.
i bought 3 of those 8GB psvita memory cards from gamestop for $10 a piece hoping to simulate a 32 GB memory card. Not sure if they are still on sale though but that was the cheapest way for me to accumulate memory space.

Am I the only one who got the ebay offer and is now looking for a good deal on a 32 gb memory card?

I got the amazon bundle. I order the 64 gb memory card for $93. That way I won't ever have to change cards hopefully lol

I got the amazon bundle. I order the 64 gb memory card for $93. That way I won't ever have to change cards hopefully lol
Well worth getting that 64gb card! I have a 32gb card in one of my Vitas, a 16gb in the other. With my 32gb system, unfortunately I'm running into the 100 app/game limit; can't have more than 100 installed. I hope Sony updates the system to allow more apps/games to be installed, because otherwise the 64gb card becomes a lot less useful.

FYI my installed games include many PSP games, a few Minis and PS Mobile games, and some full-sized Vita digital games. People who mainly install full-sized Vita games probably won't run into this problem.

Isn't it the 3rd one? Seems they can't get rid of enough of these...incoming drop again soon I bet.
Hmm, so if they do put it up again at a lower price do I have any hope to getting the price matched for my order? I can't recall if amazon ever does this or if there is a specific window for when they will, but I'll be a little disappointed if they do price it lower because it didn't sell well.

Well worth getting that 64gb card! I have a 32gb card in one of my Vitas, a 16gb in the other. With my 32gb system, unfortunately I'm running into the 100 app/game limit; can't have more than 100 installed. I hope Sony updates the system to allow more apps/games to be installed, because otherwise the 64gb card becomes a lot less useful.

FYI my installed games include many PSP games, a few Minis and PS Mobile games, and some full-sized Vita digital games. People who mainly install full-sized Vita games probably won't run into this problem.
Did you wait around for a memory card sale or just bite the bullet and pay the $90-$100 for the 64gb card? I grabbed a $10 8gb stick as stop gap but I don't know how long I want to wait for a 32gb to 64gb stick to see a sale or (another) price drop.

Did you wait around for a memory card sale or just bite the bullet and pay the $90-$100 for the 64gb card? I grabbed a $10 8gb stick as stop gap but I don't know how long I want to wait for a 32gb to 64gb stick to see a sale or (another) price drop.

I just bite the bullet, but it was the best price I could find on the 64 gb memory card. I ordered it from yesasia and I find a $3 off coupon, just google it. I figured it would be way easier to just have everything on one card.

bread's done
Back