Amazon giving away $5 MP3 Download Credit for most Video Game Purchase Includes XBL

joby27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
How to Redeem Your $5 Amazon MP3 Music Downloads Credit:

To Qualify:

* Add at least one qualifying video game product to your Shopping Cart and complete the purchase or complete the purchase through 1-Click ordering. The products that qualify are all products Video Games category including downloadable content and hardware sold by Amazon.com that display the offer message on their product information pages. Items not displaying the offer message and all other types of items fail to qualify for this promotional offer.
* After completing your purchase, you will receive an e-mail indicating that a $5 credit for Amazon MP3 music downloads has been applied to your account automatically and providing instructions for redeeming your credit.
* Promotional offer is valid from August 5, 2009 through August 31, 2009 and subject to change. You must redeem the credit by September 30, 2009.

To Redeem:

1. Browse for your favorite music.
2. Find the music you want, click the "Buy" button, and your credit will automatically be applied to your purchase.
3. If you have not used the full value of the promotional credit, we will automatically apply the remaining balance of your credit on each of your additional Amazon MP3 purchases until you have used its full value or until the credit expires, whichever occurs first. You can check your credit balance by clicking "Redeem Your Amazon.com Gift Card or Promotional Code and View Balance" button, visible on every MP3 detail page. You can check the expiration date of the credit in the confirmation email message we sent to you regarding your credit.
4. After your purchase, you can confirm that your credit was applied by checking your order confirmation, which will be sent to you by e-mail.

Terms and Conditions

* Limited time offer. You must redeem your credit or code by no later than the expiration date indicated in the promotional offer message for this promotion.
* If the promotion provides you with a promotional credit, the credit will be automatically applied to your account until you have used its full dollar amount value. Your credit card will not be charged for Amazon MP3 purchases made through the expiration date until the full dollar amount of the credit has been used.
* If the promotion provides you with a promotional code, follow the redemption instructions provided with your code. Once you have entered your code, the code will be automatically applied to your account until you have used its full dollar amount value. Your credit card will not be charged for Amazon MP3 purchases made through the expiration date until the full dollar amount of the credit has been used.
* If you received a credit or code as a result of a qualifying purchase, then Amazon MP3 downloads redeemed by this promotional offer will not be reflected on the final order checkout page. If you received a credit, you will receive an email from Amazon at the time of purchase of the qualifying product that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit for MP3 download has been added to customers account and provides instructions on how to redeem the credit and download Amazon MP3 products. If you received a code, you will receive an email from Amazon at the time of purchase of the qualifying product that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit for MP3 download and provides instructions on how to redeem the credit and download Amazon MP3 products.
* You may need to have, or download from Amazon, MP3 software in order to download certain Amazon MP3 products.
* Offer valid for customers located in and with billing addresses in the one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Customers must open an amazon.com account and accept the Amazon MP3 Service Terms of Use to redeem the promotional credit or code.
* Promotional offer limited to one Amazon MP3 promotional credit or code perpurchase.
* If you pre-order or order the qualifying product and place it in your Shopping Cart but do not complete your purchase of the qualifying product, or if you return the qualifying product, you will not qualify for the promotional offer.
* Promotional offer applies only to qualifying products sold by amazon.com displaying the offer message on their product information pages on the amazon.com website. Qualifying products not displaying the offer message, or sold by other merchants or third parties, and all other types of items, do not qualify for this promotional offer.
* Offer good while supplies last; no substitutions or rain checks permitted if supplies of any particular qualifying product run out prior to expiration of promotional offer period.
* Offer is not transferable, not exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash, and is void where prohibited by law.
* Additional taxes apply in certain jurisdictions to physical items and/or digital items ordered.
* We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion.

***********************IMPORTANT*************************
Everyone make sure you keep tabs on how much MP3 download credit you get. I have often had problems with Amazon not giving me the credit. But to check your balance click on any MP3 download. For example this link:

http://www.amazon.com/I-Gotta-Feeli..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=171XR8YHA747HTYFDW52

On the right side under the Cart button, you will see this green panel. See the "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & View balance" make sure your signed-in and click on that, it will tell you, your download balance.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Here is a list of Cheap ($5.00) XBL Games
Assault Heroes
DOOM
DIG DUG
Geometry Wars Evolved
Zuma
Feeding Frenzy
GALAGA
Worms
Gauntlet
Golden Axe
Jetpac Refuelled
Robotron: 2084
Marble Blast Ultra
MS.PAC-MAN
Paperboy
Joust
Small Arms
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
UNO
Sonic The Hedgehog
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989
Streets of Rage 2
Space Giraffe
Ultimate MK3
Undertow

Link: http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1249663...642,n:!44263011,n:979417011,n:14220271&page=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eric1285']Google the URL you want and then at the bottom of the correct search result next to the URL there's a link that says "Cached".[/QUOTE]

thanks that worked

I'm thinking of just getting something that costs more than $5 in the hope that it will apply my $5 MP3 credit, followed by my other Amazon credit. So like a $9 album or something for $4 in credit after the MP3.

Nice, I e-mailed amazon 2 days ago about them changing the policy for their $5 in mp3 because I had enough orders to get me $40 in mp3 credits. I already had $10 of that but they didn't send me the other $30. So they finally replied to me and they said that they credited the $30 to my mp3 balance which is awesome. If you need to contact amazon about this put a link in your message showing them the policy before they changed it. Thats what I did.

How in hells name do you figure out what you're remaining balance is. I though I had 20$ in credit, but only 5$ was applied to an album I bought yesterday, and then the album I bought today had 1.99$ applied to it (the full price), so can only up to a 5$ mp3 credit be applied to any single MP3 purchase. It's very weird.

You know I think they are having problems with this promotional credit applying. I tried to purchase an album yesterday that was 9.99 and at that time I had $10 in credit. It only applied $5 of that amount and charged me the other 4.99. I had to call them and argue to get the 4.99 credit. Maybe they are having problems. They did still leave the $5 in my account so the rep did basically give me 4.99 in free mp3's.

[quote name='stoned99']How in hells name do you figure out what you're remaining balance is. I though I had 20$ in credit, but only 5$ was applied to an album I bought yesterday, and then the album I bought today had 1.99$ applied to it (the full price), so can only up to a 5$ mp3 credit be applied to any single MP3 purchase. It's very weird.[/QUOTE]
It's in the OP:

***********************IMPORTANT******************
Everyone make sure you keep tabs on how much MP3 download credit you get. I have often had problems with Amazon not giving me the credit. But to check your balance click on any MP3 download. For example this link:

http://www.amazon.com/I-Gotta-Feelin...YHA747HTYFDW52

On the right side under the Cart button, you will see this green panel. See the "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & View balance" make sure your signed-in and click on that, it will tell you, your download balance.

[quote name='io']I just "bought" Big Kahuna Reef on my wife's account and got the $5 MP3 promo there as well. So at least I got $10 worth of MP3s from this free game. Sucks, though, that my 3 other recently shipped orders don't appear to be getting the credit as they were made when it was supposed to be one per transaction.[/QUOTE]

Strange. So now it's only 1 credit per customer? Or is it still 1 $5 credit per transaction? If it's the former, I must've gotten my orders in early enough because I racked up over $30 worth of digital download credit automatically.

I ended up getting four singles, Colbie Caillat's new album, Demi Lovato (because it was only $2.99), and I still have a bit over $11 left.

Edit: Ok so I re-read post 155 and checked my account and sure enough, they didn't give me full credit for the Colbie Caillat album. It was some odd number a little over $6. So I write them and ask them to apply the correct credit and now they write me an email saying they refunded everything back to me. I'm not complaining or anything, but I now I'm totally confused what is going with the promo. Also have like over $20 left in credit again. Oh wells.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great I just purchased an album for 9.49 with a balance that included $10 with 2 promotion codes. It charged me 4.49 on my credit card. Is there any way to get my promotional credit charged instead. This is really annoying because they don't give you a breakdown until after you purchase it. Help please

[quote name='Antic']How do I get it to work for a game like TMNT? I really don't see the option to use my code for it.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that this promotion was only for August and it's over now.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I'm pretty sure that this promotion was only for August and it's over now.[/QUOTE]

Damn... >_

Any basketball fans NBA 2K10 rookie combine is $5 as well I got that and am having fun with it. I believe it transfers into 2k10 when it comes out.

I just used mine after getting my slim. I was confused cuz I was looking for the promo code but it's taken automatically when you buy an mp3 album or song. I downloaded a Birds of Avalon album. The song "Eyesore" is amazing :p

Yep - use 'em soon. Note that I should post here what I posted in another thread.

Be careful using these on album purchases even if you have multiple $5 codes in your promo balance. It appears they only apply one $5 code per order so if you order a $12.99 album, for example (to save on the overall cost since buying the individual songs is usually more), they will use one $5 promo and then CHARGE you $7.99 either to your gift card balance or your credit card. You will get no warning this is happening until you view the invoice afterwards and by then it is too late to cancel!

So just to be safe, use it on 99 cent songs or at least albums under $5.

Also, I had a general $5 credit on top of my mp3 credit. This was a refund from a billing error. I wanted to use it today on a game but noticed I was only getting $4.01 applied. Why? Because the bastards used THAT general use credit FIRST on my mp3 purchase last night before applying the mp3 specific credit. I'm glad I could only decide on one mp3 to download last night! I would have lost the whole $5 that could have gone towards a "real" purchase if I had bought more of them.

I really hate the way Amazon shows and applies the promo credits. They need to show them all upon checkout and let you select which ones to apply to a given purchase.

Yeah watch out for billing errors. I had that happen with my last download which ended up being slightly more than the credit I had left. It tried to charge the wrong credit card and auto-cancelled my order without refunding my promotional credit.

I e-mailed Amazon support and they actually gave me the entire song for free though (only about a 15 cent difference but still nice of them).

That's exactly why I haven't used any of my credit yet. Amazon applies regular promo credit before applying MP3 only credit. I have $10 in MP3 credit that I may end up not using at all because of this.

[quote name='shytface']That's exactly why I haven't used any of my credit yet. Amazon applies regular promo credit before applying MP3 only credit. I have $10 in MP3 credit that I may end up not using at all because of this.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn thanks for the heads up. I was looking at what songs to get with the $5 MP3 promo but I want to use my regular gift card balance on games not MP3's. Looks like I've have to let these go to waste which is ok since there's nothing at the moment I was really looking to get.

Here's the solution:

1) Preorder a game that doesn't come out for a while to use up any "general use" credit.
2) Preorder a second game to make sure you have no more promos that apply towards games (if no discount is showing in the cart just don't purchase the second one).
3) Repeat if necessary.
4) Purchase mp3s using the mp3 promo credits.
5) Cancel the preorder(s) to get the general use credit back.

[quote name='shytface']That's exactly why I haven't used any of my credit yet. Amazon applies regular promo credit before applying MP3 only credit. I have $10 in MP3 credit that I may end up not using at all because of this.[/QUOTE]
They may be able to take your mp3 credit off and reapply it to your account so that you can just use it without your other credit. I'd try contacting them.

I burned up the $7+ credit on my wife's account with some oddball Who purchases. Later tonight I'll have to get through the $14 or so I have on my account (no idea how I got more than $10 as I never got more than 2 $5 mp3 notices). It may be that I have other credits mixed in there...

[quote name='cheaphuck']Is there any way to check your credit balance?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, go to any mp3 page and click the "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance" link at the top right of the page. If your Amazon account is "clean" (ie, not full of other promos and credits), then that will show you your mp3 promotional credit.

However, note that any gift card balance (like from trade-ins or well, gift cards) is also shown there so if that is the case you'll have to go to your account and get your gift card balance and subtract that from the promo balance to see what you actually have.

Also note that "general use" credits that they give out will show in the promo balance and will in fact be used FIRST instead of your mp3 credit. If you have any of that, it might be a good idea to preorder a game first to tie up that real credit, then use the mp3 credit, then cancel the preorder as I discussed earlier.

However, if all you have is trade-in/gift card credit that will not be used instead of the mp3 promo credit (I have verified this many times myself). Just don't buy any one download over $5 or it will dip in to your gift card balance even if you have more mp3 credit.

As much as I absolutely LOVE these GC promos, I do wish there was a way for them to specifically tell you what the restrictions are per each amount of credit. I suppose if they simply made all GCs applicable to everything that Amazon sells, that would take care of it. Oh well, they've been very very good about responding to my emails every time they charged me outside of the credit balance. Thank you, Amazon!

[quote name='io']Here's the solution:

1) Preorder a game that doesn't come out for a while to use up any "general use" credit.
2) Preorder a second game to make sure you have no more promos that apply towards games (if no discount is showing in the cart just don't purchase the second one).
3) Repeat if necessary.
4) Purchase mp3s using the mp3 promo credits.
5) Cancel the preorder(s) to get the general use credit back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah good workaround. Just used up my credit.

I'm completely confused on what I can use as MP3 credit and what might be some other kind of credit. Last night I was trying to burn off what I thought was just MP3 credit, but after my balance dropped to $10, I ended up getting charged. I did get a $10 GC from getting Kingdom Hearts, but I used that on NGS2. So now I have $11 and change in my balance. What is this credit good for??? I'm happy I have it and all, but I have no idea what it can be applied to without actually ordering something, and I don't want to keep asking for assistance from Amazon everytime I end up getting charged outside of my credit. I suspect my current balance is Video on Demand credit, but I can't "pre-order" VODs to test that theory out. Doh.

It's supposed to work on anything from the MP3 Download Store. io's post above describes how to figure out what credit is what. Sorry if this is not answering your question as I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for.

So, I was buying songs one at a time to work through my credit. And after each one I checked the order to make sure I wasn't charged. With just over $5 left in promo credit I got partially charged for a 99 cent song. So then I couldn't continue to purchase because I'd probably have been charged. It still showed that I had a $5 promo balance though.

I wrote in to Amazon customer service to see what the $5 promo was (and tangentially ask if they could apply that instead of charging me).

Their response came pretty quickly but it was not helpful. They told me to use the link that I already know about to see my promo balance. Oh, and they are putting in a request to refund me the 79 cents :roll:.

However, more importantly, I seem to have lost the $5 extra promo credit now that it is past midnight. So it really must have been mp3 credit and it got wiped out after midnight on the 30th. If they hadn't applied the codes in chunks of $5 I would have been OK. Though I'm still not 100% convinced that last $5 was even for mp3 credit. What that might have been was the $5 in GH5 mp3 credit which was never explained very well - was it only for songs found within the game? Maybe that was the problem.

Once again the lack of being able to see what promos you have, what their rules are, and when they expire made it nearly impossible to tell and the CS rep didn't answer that question either which was the main thing I was writing in about (just exactly what was the $5 promo credit I had sitting there that didn't seem to apply to anything).

[quote name='Warlock82']I agree, their promo system is pretty poor, especially for such a large and popular site.[/QUOTE]

Which is a shame, because when you order non-digital items from Amazon they're quite clear in showing how many coupons are being applied and the total that will be billed.

The $5 definitely doesn't stack as I had $10 in promo credit, bought a $9 album and was charged $4. Got it refunded even though I just wanted all of my promo credit used.

Horrible system for digital purchases.

drat, totally forgot about this and lost my big ol mp3 credit pool. Even though I know it's 100% my fault for not paying attention to the expiration date, do you think there's any chance c.s. would have pity on me? I was just settling in to burn it all and saw that my balance was 0.00.

[quote name='io']So, I was buying songs one at a time to work through my credit. And after each one I checked the order to make sure I wasn't charged. With just over $5 left in promo credit I got partially charged for a 99 cent song. So then I couldn't continue to purchase because I'd probably have been charged. It still showed that I had a $5 promo balance though.

I wrote in to Amazon customer service to see what the $5 promo was (and tangentially ask if they could apply that instead of charging me).

Their response came pretty quickly but it was not helpful. They told me to use the link that I already know about to see my promo balance. Oh, and they are putting in a request to refund me the 79 cents :roll:.

However, more importantly, I seem to have lost the $5 extra promo credit now that it is past midnight. So it really must have been mp3 credit and it got wiped out after midnight on the 30th. If they hadn't applied the codes in chunks of $5 I would have been OK. Though I'm still not 100% convinced that last $5 was even for mp3 credit. What that might have been was the $5 in GH5 mp3 credit which was never explained very well - was it only for songs found within the game? Maybe that was the problem.

Once again the lack of being able to see what promos you have, what their rules are, and when they expire made it nearly impossible to tell and the CS rep didn't answer that question either which was the main thing I was writing in about (just exactly what was the $5 promo credit I had sitting there that didn't seem to apply to anything).[/QUOTE]

I also lost $5 of credit (actually $6 since I had about a $11 originally) off my balance because I tried to order something out of my credit balance, got charged, and had to stop prior to the supposed expiration date. It's a little frustrating, if only because I have no idea what that balance was supposed to be good towards, or if it was just glitched/unusable credit to begin with.

Oh well, easy come easy go I guess. I still have $5 in there, but I dunno what it's for...

bread's done
Back