Amazon Lightning Deal: Playstation 3D Display Bundle $279.99 @ 2pm PST

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
2:00pm PST - Turn any bedroom, den, or office into a 3D entertainment power suite with the best-in-class 3D display!

:ps3: Playstation 3D Display Bundle - $279.99 was $419.99

Turn any bedroom, den, or office into a 3D entertainment power suite with the best-in-class PlayStation® 3D Display. The brilliant 24” ultra-slim LED screen delivers all of your HD media by connecting to your PS3™ system, cable TV box, and PC, while built-in speakers and subwoofer fill out the audio experience. Specially enhanced for gaming, SimulView™ technology delivers individual full HD screen action to each player in two-player mode, putting players deeper in the game. Quicker refresh rates keep gameplay continuous and smooth. And with the universal* PlayStation® 3D Glasses and MotorStorm: Apocalypse Game included, true 3D immersion is ready right out of the box. Enter a new dimension of gaming with true PlayStation® 3D. * Compatible with Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, and Sharp ACTIVE Shutter 3D ready displays
Link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wario64']I guess it'll be 299[/QUOTE]

Good guess. Can't really expect anything lower but it would be nice.

Bestbuy and Newegg don't have the deal anymore, but it's still at gamestop with mlb and the glasses:

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/playstation-3d-display-with-free-game-and-extra-3d-glasses/91799

If this were a year or 2 ago, I might think amazon could do something crazy, but I don't see it going lower than $299 for just the barebones bundle. And with all the issues with dead pixels and backlighting, it's better to get it from a store that you can easily return and exchange for any reason.

At $329.95 currently, wouldn't suprise me to see a weak $30 off making it $299 as others here have said.

[quote name='JN25WIL']At $329.95 currently, wouldn't suprise me to see a weak $30 off making it $299 as others here have said.[/QUOTE]

Not from amazon. $419. You SAVE $120, suckers!!!

I'm still sitting here looking at my 24" Samsung computer monitor that I got from Sams Club 2 years ago for $149 wondering how I could play PS3 games on this size screen vs my 52" in the living room - and wonder why I would spend any $ on it.

32", I think I would consider, but 24" = pass. When I first got my 24" monitor, I took it to work and played through Saint's Row 2 on my Xbox. It was serviceable in size, but not optimal.

The 3 that I have had at various times have not had issues other than 1 dead pixel on 2 of them and uneven backlighting. Depends how picky you are. But I haven't had one for more than a month yet to see if it will die.

If you get the bundle with mlb and the glasses at gamestop, you can bring down the cost by selling what you don't need. I cleared $75 after fees just for motorstorm and mlb, so that made it an even better bargain for me. If you can sell the glasses for ~$50, it can go sub $200 for just the monitor and 1 pair of glasses.

ya 299 wont be a good price at all considering you can get it for 299 w/ an extra pair of glasses and mlb at gamestop

Is it the glasses that make the full-screen 2P thing? Like, could I just buy another 3D TV instead and get whatever technology the glasses have?

I thought it was just a lens thing. Like normal glasses are lens A and B.
But with this it's 1P lens A and A, and 2P is Lens B and B.

nah, its the screen. I dont think it has anything to do with the glasses, I think you can even use other brands of glasses on the screen. Not positive about being able to use other glasses though, because 3d tech is really confusing and doesn't really seem to have a single standard.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Gotcha. Well, I'm not in the market for a new TV just yet. I was just curious how that technology works.[/QUOTE]
Even if you are ready for a new TV, I highly doubt this will suit your needs.

Yeah, I think you need these glasses for simulview, since they have the button to press to choose player 1 or 2.

Here is a blog that answers a lot of questions. It even says they are evaluating the possibility of other size displays. I wonder if the bad sales / fast price drop of this one would make them avoid it or make them realize people wanted a bigger size to begin with.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/19/3d-display-arrives-in-november-read-the-faq/

I doubt they will make another playstation branded display based on this ones horrible failure, but they probably will incorporate simulview in other 3d tv's.

They just announced a new bundle of this to be released in France, comes with GT5 and Killzone 3 as well as a second pair of glasses. Not sure if it will be getting a stateside release, but perhaps we'll see it sometime later this year? Hopefully without all of the defects they currently have.

If it was a 120 Hz IPS panel LCD monitor then $299 would be a deal.

Edit: It's actually a VA panel. It looks more like a budget class VA panel though. I need to do some tests on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Remember guys we don't have to pay tax and recycling fees here in California.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this has a recycling fee regardless, for some reason. Probably because it is classified as an accessory and not a monitor.

[quote name='tilcfast']Wow hit 100% claimed in less than 2 minutes. It wasn't even that good of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Geeze it was even a minute, crazy.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']cmonnnnn 199. Someones gotta have it for that price soon[/QUOTE]

If anyone does, I bet it will be Bestbuy, just like with those move bundles. Limited stock left though.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one of these PERIOD. 24" for gaming? NO THANK YOU. Even if you do have it on a desk and sit less than a foot from it. Just too damn small.

you would've hated growing up playing video games in the 80s.

[quote name='krashhole']Personally, I wouldn't buy one of these PERIOD. 24" for gaming? NO THANK YOU. Even if you do have it on a desk and sit less than a foot from it. Just too damn small.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']you would've hated growing up playing video games in the 80s.[/QUOTE]
(In the 80s) In my neighborhood, there was a guy who had a NES and a tiny television in his house and charged ~50 cent per hour for you to play, if you don't pay you can watch. Then his tiny living room would have boys cramped together facing a small ass TV.

Come to think of it, pretty creepy.

[quote name='krashhole']Personally, I wouldn't buy one of these PERIOD. 24" for gaming? NO THANK YOU. Even if you do have it on a desk and sit less than a foot from it. Just too damn small.[/QUOTE]

I remember playing goldeneye on a black and white 10" tv at a friends house one summer. Not to mention 4 of us were playing split-screen, so that 10" went down to 5". You gotta do what you gotta do.

[quote name='technicalstylez']you would've hated growing up playing video games in the 80s.[/QUOTE]Growing up in the 80, I didn't have a choice. Now I do :)

[quote name='technicalstylez']you would've hated growing up playing video games in the 80s.[/QUOTE]

Haha, right. 24" in color is way better than the 8" black & white TV I had to use for Atari. And what about co-axial connections with their diagonal waves, hypnotically rolling up and down the screen?

No, 24" in 3D is unacceptable!

Haha, small screens and RF adapters. That was the worst. I was lucky and had a 13" computer monitor that took A/V input. That was like HDMI or component setup back in the day.

bread's done
Back