Amazon - Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition Guide - now $17.99 (47% off)

buckythekat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Collectors-Prima-Official/dp/0307467082/

pretty damn good deal

now I just have to call them since they already shipped my copy at the old $19.79 price point :bomb:

edit: note for anyone else who already ordered it and had it shipped, they are required to adjust the price for you due to the Pre-order Price Guarantee

personally I just don't like waiting for them to do it automatically nor really trust them to either, but the guide doesn't officially release until tomorrow

better than when they dropped the Dragon Age Collector's Guide price the day of release and I had to explain to the lady that their guarantee covered through the end of release day

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a few days ago because it popped up in my gold box. I was able to get a match to the $16 price even though I'm on the east coast. I just sent them an email from the express support section and selected gift cards / promotions and reminded them about their pre-order price guarantee. So it ended up at $15.01 after my refund and gold box savings.

Thanks of the heads up on the price drop OP.

The denied me on my first email, though as I reminded them in my second email, it doesn't matter when it ships, it matters what price it was by the end of the business day.

camelcamelcamel.com shows that it dropped right at 11:33PM PT, so it counts for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

I think I'll shoot off an email again as well

let us know what you hear back Shrike :bouncy:

edit: well that was incredible timing

and thank God for CamelCamelCamel

I was able to get the price adjusted, but the Amazon rep said this was a "one time thing" and it's not in their policy to price adjust since they already offer "deep discounts". So good luck!

I received the guide yesterday
comparing with the collector's edition guide of Fallout 3(I got both the original and the goty versions), this guide is utterly crap, not worth your money

well...on par with the prima guide of ME1 tho, I bought ME1 guide with the deal on amazon that came with another artbook, really hoped there was such combo for ME2 guide...oh well...

Just emailed Amazon requesting a $1.99 refund. If I wasn't still upset with them for not shipping out my CE late, I wouldn't care, but at this point I'll fight for $2.

[quote name='Warlock82']Argg.. this is a good price. I can't decide if I should jump on this....[/QUOTE]

Just get it bro! You'll kick yourself when it goes back up in price

[quote name='Temidien']Just emailed Amazon requesting a $1.99 refund. If I wasn't still upset with them for not shipping out my CE late, I wouldn't care, but at this point I'll fight for $2.[/QUOTE]

Yep well worth a shot, worst case they'll just say no lol!

[quote name='Jonsoncao']I received the guide yesterday
comparing with the collector's edition guide of Fallout 3(I got both the original and the goty versions), this guide is utterly crap, not worth your money

well...on par with the prima guide of ME1 tho, I bought ME1 guide with the deal on amazon that came with another artbook, really hoped there was such combo for ME2 guide...oh well...[/QUOTE]

I thought the ME1 guide was pretty useful... not many mistakes, everything was covered. Is this one worse?? I don't really care for the CE extras, just if the content is relevant.

[quote name='buckythekat']I think I'll shoot off an email again as well

let us know what you hear back Shrike :bouncy:

edit: well that was incredible timing

and thank God for CamelCamelCamel[/QUOTE]They gave the credit after my second email.

This is what I wrote them on the 2nd email:
[quote name='2nd email to Amazon']The prior representative did not read the terms and conditions of the Pre-order Price Guarantee in their response, so this email is being re-sent. The URL dictating the terms of the pre-order price guarantee are listed in the email, for review.

The item on this order dropped in price at the end of the release day to $16.00, which is its current price now. The price that this item was shipped out at was $17.99. It It is required, per the terms of the Pre-Order Price Guarantee (http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U) , to refund the $1.99 difference back to the purchasing credit card. The price on this item dropped right before the end of the business day, at 11:33PM PT, so it is covered by the Pre-Order Price Guarantee. Please credit the $1.99 difference back to the purchasing credit card. The shipping date has nothing to do with the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, it is only dependent on pricing available by the end of the business day on the release date. Review of the Pre-Order Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions would explain this and prevent this issue from happening again in the future. [/quote]

Guess they read the second one this time around.

And yes, camelcamelcamel.com is my new favorite site.

[quote name='shrike4242']They gave the credit after my second email.

This is what I wrote them on the 2nd email:
[/QUOTE]

Got denied on my first attempt so I copypasta-ed your email and crossing my fingers. Thanks for getting back to us!

[quote name='Temidien']Got denied on my first attempt so I copypasta-ed your email and crossing my fingers. Thanks for getting back to us![/QUOTE]:whistle2:s

In the future, I don't mind having what I wrote used with other Amazon reps, though take a minute or two to adjust some of the wording, so it doesn't sound like a complete C&P. I know the chances of the same rep reading both email is about zero, though it never hurts to spin it slightly differently.

[quote name='shrike4242']:whistle2:s

In the future, I don't mind having what I wrote used with other Amazon reps, though take a minute or two to adjust some of the wording, so it doesn't sound like a complete C&P. I know the chances of the same rep reading both email is about zero, though it never hurts to spin it slightly differently.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I did even if the chances of the same rep seeing it are impossibly low. Sorry I didn't ask if I could use it, that was my mistake.

Anyone get the collectors edition to see if it is worth it? Also, has anyone gotten the DLC codes from ordering from amazon? I have not and i don't like starting the game without my swanky cool new gear...

Nowadays, I usually just drop a faq txt file on my Kindle and read from there. Even traveling, if I forget how to pull off say a move in Darkstalkers PSP, just grab the Kindle real quick and check the bookmark for said character moves.

But rarely a nice collector's edition book will catch my eye, such as the Onimusha 3 one when it came out.

In for one.

Well I emailed and changed up your wording some Shrike but still got shot down

time to call them, I always seem to have better luck with their phone service

Sent an email requesting a refund for $1.99 since the guide dropped before the end of the day I ordered. Got a reply back in about 5 minutes stating my refund was on it's way.

[quote name='lawdood']Sent an email requesting a refund for $1.99 since the guide dropped before the end of the day I ordered. Got a reply back in about 5 minutes stating my refund was on it's way.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh I haven't had any luck yet. I just sent out a 3rd email telling them I want my damn refund (in a more polite manner though). I pointed them to their own price guarentee and the camelcamelcamel site to show the price changes. Hopefully they will refund the money now.

If they do not, how do I go about refusing a delivery...? Do I simply wait for the UPS delivery guy to come to my door and tell him no thanks or what? Usually they just ring the doorbell and leave my stuff at the door so I'll have to try and be right by the door when they deliver.

I'm annoyed that I add this to my cart, but the bonus $10 I received from reserving the game with Amazon is not applied. I'm going to email them about it. This should be counted as a gaming item.

[quote name='ryanflucas']I'm annoyed that I add this to my cart, but the bonus $10 I received from reserving the game with Amazon is not applied. I'm going to email them about it. This should be counted as a gaming item.[/QUOTE]

nope it's a book, strategy guides have always been considered books by Amazon and really they should be

I received my Mass Effect 2 book today. My only previous experience with Prima Collector's Guides was the incredible Fallout 3 book. This one is a step down in presentation, though I won't knock it for length since that's dependent on the games themselves. The artwork numbers 25 pages, and there are 5 pages of behind-the-scenes information.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sheesh I haven't had any luck yet. I just sent out a 3rd email telling them I want my damn refund (in a more polite manner though). I pointed them to their own price guarentee and the camelcamelcamel site to show the price changes. Hopefully they will refund the money now.

If they do not, how do I go about refusing a delivery...? Do I simply wait for the UPS delivery guy to come to my door and tell him no thanks or what? Usually they just ring the doorbell and leave my stuff at the door so I'll have to try and be right by the door when they deliver.[/QUOTE]

Have customer service call you instead of using e-mail. It's a general rule that you'll get much better help over the phone than e-mail.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sheesh I haven't had any luck yet. I just sent out a 3rd email telling them I want my damn refund (in a more polite manner though). I pointed them to their own price guarentee and the camelcamelcamel site to show the price changes. Hopefully they will refund the money now.

If they do not, how do I go about refusing a delivery...? Do I simply wait for the UPS delivery guy to come to my door and tell him no thanks or what? Usually they just ring the doorbell and leave my stuff at the door so I'll have to try and be right by the door when they deliver.[/QUOTE]

They auto refunded mine already. Just saw the email. Just waiting on the inferno armor code.

God, so many people frantic over a $2 refund...

anyways...i ordered one today under my Prime account with free 2 day, andit says delivery estimate is February 2nd. That's basically a whole week..FOR 2 DAY...

seriously, what gives?

[quote name='jcp42877']God, so many people frantic over a $2 refund...

anyways...i ordered one today under my Prime account with free 2 day, andit says delivery estimate is February 2nd. That's basically a whole week..FOR 2 DAY...

seriously, what gives?[/QUOTE]

maybe they are awaiting new stock?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']The weekend maybe...?[/QUOTE]

ya, but i mean, im thinking if they shipped Thurs., it would at least come Saturday. maybe even monday..but Tuesday?

No luck here, even with Amazon's pre-order guarantee. No big deal though. ^ ^

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Mass Effect 2 Collectors' Edition: Prima Official Game Guide" you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on January 26 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Did I solve your problem?

If they do not, how do I go about refusing a delivery...? Do I simply wait for the UPS delivery guy to come to my door and tell him no thanks or what? Usually they just ring the doorbell and leave my stuff at the door so I'll have to try and be right by the door when they deliver.[/QUOTE]I'd give them one phone call attempt to fix it, and if they won't, refuse delivery on the package. Make sure you point out to them again that the price dropped at 11:33PM PT on 01/26/10, which is the release date of the item, and it fits into the pre-order price guarantee timing, so they're bound to give you your refund.

If the UPS guy leaves the stuff at your door when you're home, put a note on the door that says "I refuse delivery of the package from Amazon with Tracking # 1234567891012. Please do not leave package." and sign said note with your printed name next to it. They're supposed to knock on the door and see if you're home and if not, they just leave it at the front door. If for some reason they do leave it, call the UPS phone # (800-PICK-UPS) and tell them you attempted to refuse delivery and weren't given any chance to do so.

Try that and see if that works. Since I have everything sent to work where I know it's going to be handed to someone, I usually have everything handled if there's a package that needs to be refused for delivery.

Ordered early yesterday, but it has still yet to ship... Anything else, they'd at least be "preparing the order for shipment" it by now. *sigh*

I don't know what it is, but it seems like Amazon always has trouble with *books*, which amazes me to no end considering that's supposed to be the main thing they do....

[quote name='n00bie']I emailed them. Hey, $2 is $2.[/QUOTE]
This man is right

2 dollars = 2 (or 3 or even 4(!), if i can find a deal) delicious chocolate bars!

that reminds me...is been at least 24 hours since i have eaten a chocolate bar :drool:

I don't really like the way the guide was written and the layout of it compared to the Dragon Age guide. But for 15 bux it's not a bad guide.

This thread name is the only reason I was brought here. When you say something was 17.99 and is now 16.00 and you put (47% off) right after it, my math sense started tingling.

Yes, I understand it was 17.99 DOWN from 29.99 and it dropped further, but OP, please change title to reflect original price or clean it up because it is a bit confusing

man, just had to call again. $2.99 price drop in two days. 1st gave me refund of $1.99 but since it shipped, he just gave me store credit of $1.00 this time. thx amazon

[quote name='NegativeZero']man, just had to call again. $2.99 price drop in two days. 1st gave me refund of $1.99 but since it shipped, he just gave me store credit of $1.00 this time. thx amazon[/QUOTE]You lucked out. Getting the $1.99 back from the drop between $17.99 and $16.00 for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee was something they have to do.

For this drop from $16.00 to $15.00, it'll be a hard one to get the money back on, especially if you pre-ordered it or ordered it on release day. If it's in-transit and you've not received it, you should be able to get the price adjustment done on it, or if it hasn't shipped out yet. If you already have it before today, it's a crapshoot on getting the money back on this drop.

[quote name='shrike4242']You lucked out. Getting the $1.99 back from the drop between $17.99 and $16.00 for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee was something they have to do.

For this drop from $16.00 to $15.00, it'll be a hard one to get the money back on, especially if you pre-ordered it or ordered it on release day. If it's in-transit and you've not received it, you should be able to get the price adjustment done on it, or if it hasn't shipped out yet. If you already have it before today, it's a crapshoot on getting the money back on this drop.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i didnt preorder. ordered Tues night, it shipped this morning and is in transit. I joked with the Amazon rep asking him if they were gonna drop the price again soon.

bread's done
Back