Amazon - Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition Guide - now $17.99 (47% off)

buckythekat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Collectors-Prima-Official/dp/0307467082/

pretty damn good deal

now I just have to call them since they already shipped my copy at the old $19.79 price point :bomb:

edit: note for anyone else who already ordered it and had it shipped, they are required to adjust the price for you due to the Pre-order Price Guarantee

personally I just don't like waiting for them to do it automatically nor really trust them to either, but the guide doesn't officially release until tomorrow

better than when they dropped the Dragon Age Collector's Guide price the day of release and I had to explain to the lady that their guarantee covered through the end of release day

Last edited by a moderator:
I did receive 1.80 for the difference of 19.79 down to 17.99, but I am still waiting on the 1.99 to bring it down to 16.00

This deal is getting better and better as the reviews are getting worse and worse.

$15 is only a deal if it is actually a worthwhile product.

I would have waited for the CE guide if I new it was going to be this cheap. I got the regular edition for a few dollars less. Great deal, guide is pretty good.

Ended up talking to an Amazon rep. She said normally it would fall under their Pre-order Price Guarantee, but once the product leaves Amazon to the Fulfillment Center, for shipping, there is nothing they can do.

Seems contradictory to what it says on the website, but I didn't want to dig any deeper as the rep credited $2.99 to my account as a one-time service.

this is getting ridiculous and why it sucks Amazon got rid of their post-order 30 day price guarantee

what is the point of preordering something if it's going to drop in price a day or two after it releases? I'm not just talking about the ME2 guide but this has happened with games as well

fuck you Amazon :bomb:

edit: I'm sick so I might be just a tad grumpy right now :p

[quote name='buckythekat']this is getting ridiculous and why it sucks Amazon got rid of their post-order 30 day price guarantee

what is the point of preordering something if it's going to drop in price a day or two after it releases? I'm not just talking about the ME2 guide but this has happened with games as well

fuck you Amazon :bomb:

edit: I'm sick so I might be just a tad grumpy right now :p[/QUOTE]

Myabe you just prefer they not drop the price? lol.... :)

#-o

I can't believe they dropped the price again. They haven't even shipped mine that I ordered yesterday yet -_-

That is weird that you guys have all had to bug them to get a release day price drop refund. I've been ordering CDs from Amazon for years and it used to be very common for them to ship a Tuesday release on the previous Friday (even with Super Saver shipping). There were many times when the price dropped between Friday and Tuesday, and I always received a refund to my credit card automatically.

I guess it's not as much of an issue now since they rarely seem to ship products before the release date anymore, but I don't understand why something that worked automatically for a long time would suddenly not work.

For those who have experience with Amazon and guides like this, how good is $15 for this guide? Do you think it will go much lower, or will go back up?

Most guides(non hardcover) don't drop below ~$11 so I doubt this will get any lower than that. Most seem to hover around $13.50 with LE guides a few bucks more

[quote name='ssjmichael']it's back up to 17.99 now[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. Still had it in my cart at the $15 price, though. Went through checkout, and it stayed at the $15 price. I've never seen Amazon do that before, it's always auto-adjusted the price before I could checkout. Guess I was lucky this time.

I would have ordered one at 15 bucks, but now since it's back to 18 I'm gonna wait a little bit. Hopefully it goes back to 15 sometime in the near future.
It actually shows up as 15 bucks when you search for the guide, but when you actually open the product page the price is listed at 18. Lame.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I noticed that too. Still had it in my cart at the $15 price, though. Went through checkout, and it stayed at the $15 price. I've never seen Amazon do that before, it's always auto-adjusted the price before I could checkout. Guess I was lucky this time.[/QUOTE]They do it all the time with game guides. Comes out at a high price and goes through a few adjustment cycles up to release date, occasionally with a couple of drops post release date.

Camelcamelcamel.com will show this behavior without question.

I've seen the Bioshock 2 CE guide start at $20.24, drop to $19.79 and then go back up again to $20.24. Go figure that logic out.

[quote name='Ronzo']anyone with the guide already: how good is the art poster?[/QUOTE]
very good

I stuck it on the wall of my office and it looks awesome! a little too large to fit though
well everyone on my floor knows I am a geek so I am ok being more geeky :lol:

[quote name='Jonsoncao']very good

I stuck it on the wall of my office and it looks awesome! a little too large to fit though
well everyone on my floor knows I am a geek so I am ok being more geeky :lol:[/QUOTE]

what exactly is the poster?

just a big version of the box art?

[quote name='Ronzo']what exactly is the poster?

just a big version of the box art?[/QUOTE]

i was wondering about this too, i like the poster one of the writers/art director had on his wall during an interview, but i doubt its as nice as that, still curious how nice it is tho

[quote name='Jonsoncao']very good

well everyone on my floor knows I am a geek so I am ok being more geeky :lol:[/QUOTE]
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd! :D

[quote name='SuperJedi']I bet if you wait it will be much cheaper eventually.[/QUOTE]

kinda doubtful, the Dragon Age CE guide has become really rare and goes for quite a bit of money

bread's done
Back