Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegreatest']The DLC server seems to be down anyway, so there really isn't any rush. ;)

I already have my code. I'm also not really sure how to use the "golden key". Does anyone know when it comes into play?[/QUOTE]

I think for the golden key you have to go to the vault part so you have to be in a specific part of the game.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Not sure if you are aware, but the Mechromancer doesn't get released for 3 months or something. They are still working on it. The other stuff, I'm curious about as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Genocidal']The Mechromancer releases on October 16th.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Thanks for the info guys! I had no clue, I just expected it to be released with the game. I need to keep up with video game news more.

Really like the Tera promotion. Not QUITE as good as Best Buy's free after coupon phase from last month, but I suppose that would be asking too much :p

With the $9.99 credit that comes with it, you use it to purchase another copy of the game on your own account, right? So you'd just have 2 in your game download page and can just give the CD-key to someone else?

Glad to see a new thread. The old one was giving me errors. I am hoping the Disney bundles come back in the future.

Also, I just noticed what I think is a new "Best Sellers in PC Downloads" format on the Amazon web site. I really like this set up with the multiple quick views to the side (Most wished for, Top rated, Hot New....).

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So I signed up through the link but didn't get an extra key code or anything... do they email it to you? Or how does it work?[/QUOTE]

Apparently, there's a "Shift" option in the game's main menu where you can activate it. My pre-order key hadn't even shown up yet as of last night, so I'm not sure if they're still ironing out bugs or what.

[quote name='Edge']Really like the Tera promotion. Not QUITE as good as Best Buy's free after coupon phase from last month, but I suppose that would be asking too much :p

With the $9.99 credit that comes with it, you use it to purchase another copy of the game on your own account, right? So you'd just have 2 in your game download page and can just give the CD-key to someone else?[/QUOTE]

You get a code that gives you $9.99 or $4.99 off TERA depending on which version (standard or CE you bought).

[quote name='Bercelak']So, was it enough to get that borderlands 2 tattoo or not?

Just wondering :)[/QUOTE]

I fly to NYC today to get the tattoo tomorrow :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='dfg']Apparently, there's a "Shift" option in the game's main menu where you can activate it. My pre-order key hadn't even shown up yet as of last night, so I'm not sure if they're still ironing out bugs or what.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the Shift code entry is in the "Extras" menu. I haven't received a code yet either, but Gearbox will come through I'm sure..

Tony we must have pics of it!

I pre-ordered borderlands 2 yesterday (9/17) apparently in time for the pre-order bonus. (at least thats what the order page said) and still have not received the email with the code for the bonuses.. hope it arrives soon.

update:

I contacted amazon about the missing preorder code that they said would be emailed to me after release.. and they proceeded toc ancel my order without me asking. I litterally told them "when can I expect the pre order code to be emailed to me"? and I got this reply:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with "Borderlands 2." This is a known issue and was already been reported to the technical team and they informed us to cancel the orders and asked the customers to purchase the order once again.

I've canceled the order# $*$#(# and have issued a refund in the amount of $53.99

Your refund will be applied to the payment method used for the original purchase and should be completed within the next 2 to 3 business days. Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here:

Once the refund has been processed, the game will no longer appear in Your Games and Software Library. The publisher may also disable the product key, removing access to the game.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

so now that the order is cancelled will I even be able to order it with the preorder bonus at all? and Ive already registered the key theough steam and pre-loaded.

SERIOUSLY AMAZON?

Gotta say, the deals you guys have been doing for a while now are great...

HOWEVER, until you start allowing people to use their Amazon Visa reward points on my digital purchases I will not be purchases from you. Posting this here with the hope you have some pull............

[quote name='twolfer']I pre-ordered borderlands 2 yesterday (9/17) apparently in time for the pre-order bonus. (at least thats what the order page said) and still have not received the email with the code for the bonuses.. hope it arrives soon.

update:

I contacted amazon about the missing preorder code that they said would be emailed to me after release.. and they proceeded toc ancel my order without me asking. I litterally told them "when can I expect the pre order code to be emailed to me"? and I got this reply:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with "Borderlands 2." This is a known issue and was already been reported to the technical team and they informed us to cancel the orders and asked the customers to purchase the order once again.

I've canceled the order# $*$#(# and have issued a refund in the amount of $53.99

Your refund will be applied to the payment method used for the original purchase and should be completed within the next 2 to 3 business days. Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here:

Once the refund has been processed, the game will no longer appear in Your Games and Software Library. The publisher may also disable the product key, removing access to the game.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

so now that the order is cancelled will I even be able to order it with the preorder bonus at all? and Ive already registered the key theough steam and pre-loaded.

SERIOUSLY AMAZON?[/QUOTE]

I haven't received the preorder bonus either. I was going to contact Amazon, but seeing your post I've preferred to wait and see what Tony says.

Thank you.

[quote name='kajoona']I haven't received the preorder bonus either. I was going to contact Amazon, but seeing your post I've preferred to wait and see what Tony says.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Heres an update:

Called amazon directly, they said they couldnt cancel my refund. They gave me $5 credit for my trouble and the person I spoke with said that due to the issues they were having, the code that I receive will also include the pre-order bonus items.

Funny thing is, I am looking at my steam account from work right now and it appears that the first code i used as part of the original purchase actually includes the preorder bonus anyways. Looks like if I hadnt freaked out this morning I wouldnt have had to lose my original purchase and buy it again. oh well..ill see when I get home if that new code includes the pre-order stuff like they say.

[quote name='r9800pro']Will Amazon price match Magicka's Steam sale ? I need some DLCs but I'd rather buy from Amazon :)[/QUOTE]

I hope so too!

As for the borderlands bonus pre order I got mine? I don't see how you guys haven't

[quote name='Daf']I hope so too!

As for the borderlands bonus pre order I got mine? I don't see how you guys haven't[/QUOTE]

I wonder if its just confusion on our end. On the pre-order page it stated Amazon was going to email the Premiere Club code after game released. But I just checked my game and under DLC it lists Premiere Club so I wonder if it was tied to the key and Amazon just mistated that it would be emailed later.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wonder if its just confusion on our end. On the pre-order page it stated Amazon was going to email the Premiere Club code after game released. But I just checked my game and under DLC it lists Premiere Club so I wonder if it was tied to the key and Amazon just mistated that it would be emailed later.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what happened... And I panicked when I didnt get the email this morning... and amazon cancelled my order because of it.

My fault, but a fail on amazon's part as well.

[quote name='twolfer']Thats exactly what happened... And I panicked when I didnt get the email this morning... and amazon cancelled my order because of it.

My fault, but a fail on amazon's part as well.[/QUOTE]

It's not entirely your fault though. I played BL2 3 times between yesterday and today. Right now when I loaded it up it FINALLY told me I had Premiere Club and gave me the bonus weapons, golden key, and told me about the Mechromancer class unlocking soon.

All this time I was wondering when I was going to get the gun pack too! My extra golden key from Shift finally loaded too so I think the game was lagging in updating that stuff for everyone.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox'] My extra golden key from Shift finally loaded too so I think the game was lagging in updating that stuff for everyone.[/QUOTE]

How did you get the actual key from Shift? I signed up, but I haven't seen an email or anywhere on the Shift site for a key. Maybe it was a limited time thing?

[quote name='Seraphym']How did you get the actual key from Shift? I signed up, but I haven't seen an email or anywhere on the Shift site for a key. Maybe it was a limited time thing?[/QUOTE]

What I did is after I signed up for Shift I unlinked my Steam account and then started up BL2 and then signed in to shift through the extras menu there. That's when it finally gave me the extra golden key. I think I had to click my rewards after signing in.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']What I did is after I signed up for Shift I unlinked my Steam account and then started up BL2 and then signed in to shift through the extras menu there. That's when it finally gave me the extra golden key. I think I had to click my rewards after signing in.[/QUOTE]

That did it! Thank you!! It's weird, but it said in game I have 3 golden keys available

[quote name='Shrowd']ooh.. new thread. It does indeed have a clean smell. Bring in the hamsters!!![/QUOTE]

That's the cedar shavings, the hamsters get new bedding for every thread revision.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']What I did is after I signed up for Shift I unlinked my Steam account and then started up BL2 and then signed in to shift through the extras menu there. That's when it finally gave me the extra golden key. I think I had to click my rewards after signing in.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads-up, got it !

[quote name='Seraphym']That did it! Thank you!! It's weird, but it said in game I have 3 golden keys available[/QUOTE]

It says 3 keys for me too plus another thing :

2012091900002.jpg

2012091900003.jpg

My Borderlands 2 copy was pre-order from Steam not from Amazon and it also comes with Premier Club (says : Purchased and installed within game) I also have Season Pass (says: Purchased, Not installed)

Does Amazon price match Gamefly? Civ 4 is $4.99 right now. I'd rather have it attached to my Amazon account and not start up a Gamefly account.

[quote name='Seraphym']I think the Eridian Relic is the +5% rare item drop rate. I'm not positive tho.[/QUOTE]

It is. I checked it out last night online and in-game.

When I logged on to the game last nite, I only had 1 key, which I assume is from my preorder, because the Premiere Club stuff showed up too. The only stuff showing on launch nite was the bonus skins from my BL1 save. I didn't sign up for Shift until after playing launch nite, so maybe that key is still in the pipes. I have no idea where people are getting their 3rd keys from.

[quote name='excellen']Is there any info on how long these deals are good for? Specifically walking dead @ $15.[/QUOTE]

They are Deal of the Week, so I think it's Sunday to Saturday

Hey Tony, I had a question regarding the Collector's Edition of Tera Online.

I noticed that the Standard Edition says Bonus Offer with the following:

Buy "Tera" for $9.99, Get Another Key Free + Bonus Content
From now until 11:59 PM (PST) on Saturday, September 22, download "Tera" for $9.99 and get a $9.99 promotional credit which can be used on another copy of "Tera". Note: the promotional credit is good until October 15, 2012, but "Tera" will only be priced at $9.99 until Saturday, September 22. After then the price will increase and your credit can be used to reduce the price by $9.99. Once you complete your download, we will send you an email notification alerting you of your promotional credit. Simply return to this page, click "buy and download", and enter your promotional credit at checkout. Plus, if you buy "Tera" this week, get a pirate hat and eye patch free. The code to redeem these items will be automatically placed in Your Games & Software Library. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

But if you look at the Collector's Edition it says nothing at all. I was wondering if it was a mistake that you said the CE was BOGO or if it is a mistake that it's not marked for sale properly. Especially since someone already said they didn't get the credit for a second copy and I'm guessing you had to send it to them manually. I already purchased the Standard Edition because I was afraid I wouldn't get my second copy for a friend, and I probably am not the only one. =/ So if someone bought the Collector's Edition now would they still get the credit automatically?

PS. I know this isn't really in your hands so you probably don't know but I was also wondering if the CE really is BOGO and I got it as well, will it still add 30 more days of game time for me and my friend that already got the Standard Edition?

[quote name='excellen']Is there any info on how long these deals are good for? Specifically walking dead @ $15.[/QUOTE]

Im guessing a week or so, buy it, you won't regret it! One of the best storylines I've played!

[quote name='dfg'] I have no idea where people are getting their 3rd keys from.[/QUOTE]

Maybe from buying the Season Pass?

[quote name='vince_carter']nah, i didn't get one for it

tony, you gonna post dat tat? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I literally JUST got done and am uploading the pictures now...it looks AMAZING...

I'm going to post this here, Neogaf, and Reddit, I'm hoping you jokers spread it all over the internet...it is sweet.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I fly to NYC today to get the tattoo tomorrow :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ink'd up, pics needed

Hey everyone,

As some of you know I made a bet with my friends over at 2K games that Amazon would sell a metric ton of Borderlands 2 at launch. Turns out I was right. Because I won the guys from 2K flew me out to New York and paid for me to get this awesome Claptrap tattoo from Luke Wessman over at Wooster St. Social Club (the guys who do NY Ink).

This game is absolutely amazing and I can’t think of any better way to celebrate it than carrying Claptrap around on my back :).

The finished product:

JvwPX.jpg

Luke Wessman from Wooster St. Social Club (he did my Tattoo):

kpW6Z.jpg

The outline before Luke added color:

rWO52.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back