Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']sorry guys ooto. I just texted someone at the office on the WB pricing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Can we get the same fir the deal steam has on saints row please? Understand the ooo thing :)

[quote name='MC Kage']So none of these are Steam-redeemable? An additional 20% sounds pretty damn good.
Would like to have Arkham Asylum in the backlog, hopefully Amazon price matches.[/QUOTE]

Lord of the ring is redeemable on steam do not know about the others

[quote name='pieczonka']use code 1GFT82012 for an addition 20% off on gamefly[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']ONE TIME USE!

Just putting it out there. I believe it applies to the entire order, but it is ne time use per account so use it wisely and make all your purchases at one time if you are going to use it.[/QUOTE]

If only Amazon DVG added support for promotional codes like these... :p
And matched this code for an extra 20% off. :p

[quote name='MysterD']If only Amazon DVG added support for promotional codes like these... :p
And matched this code for an extra 20% off. :p[/QUOTE]

Woah there big dreamer, lets aim a little lower and try for something a bit more realistic....like world peace. ;)

[quote name='walkonshadows']Woah there big dreamer, lets aim a little lower and try for something a bit more realistic....like world peace. ;)[/QUOTE]
or even lower, I wish for whirled peas.
whirled%20peas.jpeg

[quote name='walkonshadows']Woah there big dreamer, lets aim a little lower and try for something a bit more realistic....like world peace. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Dreamer.
But, she is.
220px-DreamaWalkerFeb10.jpg

[quote name='ctrek3']ugh, amazon wants to charge me tax on a digital download. screw that.[/QUOTE]

That's the way the world turns. I pay tax there and steam both.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
===
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
===
[/QUOTE]
For those asking about the Tera CE credit, I just got mine. By the way, does this include pirate promo?

Anyway, cool tat Tony. Grats on hitting the BL2 numbers!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ctrek3']ugh, amazon wants to charge me tax on a digital download. screw that.[/QUOTE]

That is a government issue, not an Amazon issue. Not getting into politics, but if you have a problem with it- crying on here isn't going to change anything- take it up with your legislators!

Yeah. A couple price matches id like to see. Them wb games gamely has. And saints row 3 from steam. Can't blame a dude for wanting to take a vacation though.

[quote name='r9800pro']How is it cheaper ?

Even with my 15% off IGN code, it is still £10.68 ($17.33)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I might be missing something or doing the math/currency conversion wrong but I think Amazon has the better price.[/QUOTE]

It is better to check the $ site:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WD/the-walking-dead

Currently at $14.97, with IGN Prime discount it is $12.72

[quote name='r9800pro']How is it cheaper ?

Even with my 15% off IGN code, it is still £10.68 ($17.33)[/QUOTE]

I think he mistook the £ for a $.

That "The Big Bundle of Games for Girls" is pretty damn insulting. How about rename it to "The Big Bundle of Shitty Games that You Should Only Buy for People You Hate"?

Girls deserve better than that.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']That "The Big Bundle of Games for Girls" is pretty damn insulting. How about rename it to "The Big Bundle of Shitty Games that You Should Only Buy for People You Hate"?

Girls deserve better than that.[/QUOTE]

Clearly the work of the Iranian Government. First banning women from 77 university courses including: engineering, nuclear physics, computer science, English literature, archaeology, and business, now Iranian agents have given us "The Big Bundle of Games for Girls"

BBC:
No official reason has been given for the move, but campaigners, including Nobel Prize winning lawyer Shirin Ebadi, allege it is part of a deliberate policy by the authorities to exclude women from education.

"The Iranian government is using various initiatives… to restrict women's access to education, to stop them being active in society, and to return them to the home," she told the BBC.
"I wanted to study architecture and civil engineering," says Leila, a young woman from the south of Iran. "But access for girls has been cut by fifty per cent, and there's a chance I won't get into university at all this year."

Welp, now that I have it booted up, the only resolutions it supports are smaller than my wang. Still plays well but that list of resolutions is sadly anemic. Need to find out if I can change the config files...

[quote name='xspeedracerx']That "The Big Bundle of Games for Girls" is pretty damn insulting. How about rename it to "The Big Bundle of Shitty Games that You Should Only Buy for People You Hate"?

Girls deserve better than that.[/QUOTE]
Well, they're games for girls. Little girls. Not women or young women.

Nothing wrong with liking horses and pink cutesy games.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Welp, now that I have it booted up, the only resolutions it supports are smaller than my wang. Still plays well but that list of resolutions is sadly anemic. Need to find out if I can change the config files...[/QUOTE]

Is there an easy conversion rate for measuring your penis in pixels?

[quote name='Eldredpe']Is there an easy conversion rate for measuring your penis in pixels?[/QUOTE]
What? You thought P2P stood for "peer to peer"?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, they're games for girls. Little girls. Not women or young women.

Nothing wrong with liking horses and pink cutesy games.[/QUOTE]

A bad game is a bad game. There are some great games that are "cutesy".

[quote name='xspeedracerx']A bad game is a bad game. There are some great games that are "cutesy".[/QUOTE]
The problem is that we are all gamers. Games are what we do. We have a passion for them, therefore our standards are moderately high.

Little girls may not even be gamers in the first place, plus they have different tastes and standards. You can't find a whole lot of "good" horse games, or dress-up games. Why? Because those games don't appeal to the market of picky gamers, they appeal to little girls who have different standards, therefore the developers are paid less and put out weaker material.

For example, I played the DS game "Girl Band" (I think that's what it was called once). It was pretty awful. The music was terrible, the "customization" was a joke, and the actual gameplay (Rock Band style note hitting) was messy and actually difficult. All in all, it was absolutely awful. But when I looked at the reviews for the game on Amazon, the response was very positive, composed of moms or aunts posting how their daughter or niece liked the game. While some of the responses were low or negative saying that their little girl didn't like it, most of the kids had a lot of fun with the game and really liked it.

Silly example, but it just goes to show that there are different markets, quality, and audiences. Just because a Barbie game is considered a "bad game" by someone's standards, that doesn't mean a little girl isn't going to absolutely love it.

Amazon should continue appealing to different markets. I'll have kids too someday, and I don't necessarily want them playing Gears of War 4 when they're in kindergarten.

[quote name='Idiotekque']The problem is that we are all gamers. Games are what we do. We have a passion for them, therefore our standards are moderately high.

Little girls may not even be gamers in the first place, plus they have different tastes and standards. You can't find a whole lot of "good" horse games, or dress-up games. Why? Because those games don't appeal to the market of picky gamers, they appeal to little girls who have different standards, therefore the developers are paid less and put out weaker material.

For example, I played the DS game "Girl Band" (I think that's what it was called once). It was pretty awful. The music was terrible, the "customization" was a joke, and the actual gameplay (Rock Band style note hitting) was messy and actually difficult. All in all, it was absolutely awful. But when I looked at the reviews for the game on Amazon, the response was very positive, composed of moms or aunts posting how their daughter or niece liked the game. While some of the responses were low or negative saying that their little girl didn't like it, most of the kids had a lot of fun with the game and really liked it.

Silly example, but it just goes to show that there are different markets, quality, and audiences. Just because a Barbie game is considered a "bad game" by someone's standards, that doesn't mean a little girl isn't going to absolutely love it.

Amazon should continue appealing to different markets. I'll have kids too someday, and I don't necessarily want them playing Gears of War 4 when they're in kindergarten.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. It's not even conclusive that the games with bad reviews are actually bad since some of the negative reviews are due to people not being able to get the games to work.

For a girl, I think the bundle probably gives them at least $10 of value.

I'd get the other bundle, but I already own most of the games I want from it and I find Viva's physical compilation discs to be more thematically appealing.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Is there an easy conversion rate for measuring your penis in pixels?[/QUOTE]
My wang caps out at maximum size of a microscopic 1280x720, barely able to clear the fly when I have to use the urinal.

[quote name='Idiotekque']The problem is that we are all gamers. Games are what we do. We have a passion for them, therefore our standards are moderately high.

Amazon should continue appealing to different markets. I'll have kids too someday, and I don't necessarily want them playing Gears of War 4 when they're in kindergarten.[/QUOTE]

Some kids do know better, and they shouldn't be punished for it. If you think I'm saying we should allow children to play Gears of War because it's a "good game", I have nothing else to say. This has gotten way off topic anyhow.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Any "Strategy First Bundle" and/or "1C Bundle" updates?[/QUOTE]

I doubt we will get any more information on these bundles until at least a couple of days after Tony gets back from vacation.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I doubt we will get any more information on these bundles until at least a couple of days after Tony gets back from vacation.[/QUOTE]

I know that the man deserves a vacation (Tony is great), but my wallet is getting so fat with cash.. since there are no deals to spent it on! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back