Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question we should be asking is weither this is the deal because Tony is on vacation,.....or if Tony is on Vacation because this is the deal 0_o

Tony, we are sorry. Whatever we did, we are sorry. They say it takes losing something to know just what you've lost, and they are right. Tony, come back to us, we can change, we swear. Just come back.....Please. I knew something was wrong when my bank account still had funds in it. Baby, please come back.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Tony, we are sorry. Whatever we did, we are sorry. They say it takes losing something to know just what you've lost, and they are right. Tony, come back to us, we can change, we swear. Just come back.....Please. I knew something was wrong when my bank account still had funds in it. Baby, please come back.[/QUOTE]
12%20RED%20ROSES%20WRAPPED.jpg

[quote name='TheHeretic']This thread is pretty much dead without Tony..

Tony please come back soon! We miss you already :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

lol... this week's deal in particular isn't super appealing to most gamers on the site so there isn't much to talk about.

Got Walking Dead. Completely worth it, except there is so much lagging in some scenes it breaks the experience. I know I have the hardware to run it full-out. Oh well.

[quote name='bredbu']Picked up the walking dead, thats a great deal for it[/QUOTE]

Same, finally completed today, totally worth every penny

[quote name='famousj6']Got Walking Dead. Completely worth it, except there is so much lagging in some scenes it breaks the experience. I know I have the hardware to run it full-out. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

That's just a Telltale thing.

Scene transitions always lag horribly in their games.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Tony, we are sorry. Whatever we did, we are sorry. They say it takes losing something to know just what you've lost, and they are right. Tony, come back to us, we can change, we swear. Just come back.....Please. I knew something was wrong when my bank account still had funds in it. Baby, please come back.[/QUOTE]

And people said I said too much a month back when I "cheated" on Tony with Origin's deal + my birthday code. You see. Tony's so good to us, we shouldn't dilly-dally around town.

But we're weak. Tony, we love you! ;)

PS: Don't get skin cancer from all that exposure to the sun!

[quote name='Doomtime']I bought 2k11 and 2k12 from amazon and neither activates on steam.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']wrong 2k12 activated on steam since I have it.[/QUOTE]

Neither of you is wrong.

Amazon offers both a Steam and a non-Steam version of 2K12 for purchase.

While reading about Second Sight over on the gog forums I noticed that Space Rangers and Space Rangers 2 had been pulled recently too. It appears that they are no longer available from Amazon as well.

SR2 was one of the games I was most looking forward to in the 1c bundle.

[quote name='gilby']While reading about Second Sight over on the gog forums I noticed that Space Rangers and Space Rangers 2 had been pulled recently too. It appears that they are no longer available from Amazon as well.

SR2 was one of the games I was most looking forward to in the 1c bundle.[/QUOTE]

I seriously hope Space Rangers [1 and 2] are part of the 1C Bundle; as the above posted stated, I too was really looking forward to playing those games.

**EDIT**
Maybe it will be replaced by Space Rangers HD: A War Apart? http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/space-rangers-hd-first-look-at-the-upscaled-refit-of-the-genre-busting-space-game/
Release date: Q4 2012. [supposed to be a HD replacement for the Space Rangers 2 games] Still, doesn't explain why SR 1 was pulled.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Neither of you is wrong.

Amazon offers both a Steam and a non-Steam version of 2K12 for purchase.[/QUOTE]

This. I bought the steam version of nba 2k12 from amazon this summer and it activated just fine. I remember making sure to get the steam drm version and not the other one.

I also share the sentiments everyone in this thread has about Tony's absence. We need someone to tell us what the hell is going on over at amazon, it's a damn rainforest over there, never know what's around the corner. That viva bundle came out of nowhere this week, I was expecting a strat first bundle. Oh well. The viva bundle isn't bad but only two of the games interest me, not worth 10 bucks IMO.

We should all chip in and get Tony a CAG-dedicated cell phone on which we can call him when we have questions or suggestions about deals. How sweet would that be?

[quote name='inm8num2']We should all chip in and get Tony a CAG-dedicated cell phone on which we can call him when we have questions or suggestions about deals. How sweet would that be?[/QUOTE]

an iPhone 5 or bust :)

[quote name='famousj6']Got Walking Dead. Completely worth it, except there is so much lagging in some scenes it breaks the experience. I know I have the hardware to run it full-out. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'm late to this, but I had this problem, turning off character shadows fixed it for me. Didn't miss the shadows much, and far preferable to the chop lag

[quote name='sunasun']found this gem on Amazon.

only 6.99, any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]
Actually has pretty good reviews. It's just a hidden objects game with some sort of storyline to it along with choices towards the wedding, so some people will have fun with it.

I just want to say that I was coerced into buying Borderlands 2 by this forum ... and omg what a good decision it was. I am really in love with this game. I picked up the original but never really played it. I am 12hrs into the second one and trying to squeeze as much time from real life as I can into it. Definitely one of the best purchases the past couple of months. Totally can see putting 60+ hours into this one. Then going to revisit the original and properly play through it.

Also waiting patiently on those 1C and strategy first bundles, but I know they are too crazy for the current Amazon system. Going to go on a field day when they are released.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Actually has pretty good reviews. It's just a hidden objects game with some sort of storyline to it along with choices towards the wedding, so some people will have fun with it.[/QUOTE]
Crap means more money towards Tony's children's college fund.
My wife loves hidden object games.

[quote name='dark2025']This adventure pack looks pretty good:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006C5M5R8

Alter Ego, Gray Matter, Black Mirror 2, and Black Mirror 3 all for $10[/QUOTE]

That's a great bundle. I paid $15 for those same games individually on Amazon and I think that was a great price. Glad to finally see Viva bringing some of their good bundles to the digital world.

[quote name='dark2025']This adventure pack looks pretty good:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006C5M5R8

Alter Ego, Gray Matter, Black Mirror 2, and Black Mirror 3 all for $10[/QUOTE]

That's a really nice bundle, but I'd rather hold out for Steam versions. Alter Ego is on Steam, and the rest are on Greenlight (no idea why the others need to be greenlit.. seems like they should already be on Steam). It'd probably take a while to beat that price on Steam though (if all of them were released on there), great bundle regardless.

[quote name='sunasun']found this gem on Amazon.

only 6.99, any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

I believe that it simultaneously promotes the excesses of capitalism as well as acts as a acts as vehicle for the heteronormative agenda. Heteronormativity in mainstream society creates a "sex hierarchy" that gradates sexual practices from morally "good sex" to "bad sex." The hierarchy places reproductive, monogamous sex between committed heterosexuals as "good" and places any sexual acts and individuals who fall short of this standard lower until they fall into "bad sex." ...all I know is the latter.

Also, it's not on sale.

[quote name='asheskitty']I believe that it simultaneously promotes the excesses of capitalism as well as acts as a acts as vehicle for the heteronormative agenda. Heteronormativity in mainstream society creates a "sex hierarchy" that gradates sexual practices from morally "good sex" to "bad sex." The hierarchy places reproductive, monogamous sex between committed heterosexuals as "good" and places any sexual acts and individuals who fall short of this standard lower until they fall into "bad sex." ...all I know is the latter.

Also, it's not on sale.[/QUOTE]
I love bad sex, but just wanted an opinion on the game.
I already knew I'm "bad".
and it is on sale even if it's only 10 percent off.

[quote name='Fozbot']I know that the man deserves a vacation (Tony is great), but my wallet is getting so fat with cash.. since there are no deals to spent it on! :D[/QUOTE]

Winter is coming.

(Black Friday sales are coming. Christmas sales are coming. Year-end sales are coming. Your wallet will be starved again, soon enough.) :lol:

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Winter is coming.

(Black Friday sales are coming. Christmas sales are coming. Year-end sales are coming. Your wallet will be starved again, soon enough.) :lol:[/QUOTE]

This says it all.

Hey guys,

I'm back!

Updated OP and excited for next week's deals.

We have Plants vs. Zombies + Bejeweled 3 confirmed at $4.99 (bundled) and I'm working on bringing back the "Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Sabotaging" bundle at either a better price or with an additional game.

Stay tuned.

EDIT: And yes...Winter IS coming...

Cheers,
Tony

Sweet, Tony is back. Finally this thread will be back at the top again. Welcome back Tony and I hope you enjoyed your vacation. Now go get us some sweet deals!

[quote name='inm8num2']We should all chip in and get Tony a CAG-dedicated cell phone on which we can call him when we have questions or suggestions about deals. How sweet would that be?[/QUOTE]

Many of you have my direct email and cell phone number.

I consider it a testament to the fact that you aren't crazy people that I received 0 phone calls over my vacation :).

Glad to be back, long live the deals.

October should be fun, November and December are going to be face melting...that's right...face melting.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
October should be fun, November and December are going to be face melting...that's right...face melting.
[/QUOTE]

:hot:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad to be back, long live the deals.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I knew it! I feared that the new and improved Tony-Trap would have it out for us "flesh bags." :bouncy::hot::bouncy:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
[/QUOTE]

Still trying to recover from the last Dec/Jan sale...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We have Plants vs. Zombies + Bejeweled 3 confirmed at $4.99 (bundled) and I'm working on bringing back the "Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Sabotaging" bundle at either a better price or with an additional game.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

great price on the PvZ and Bejeweled 3 bundle, already own them both but I might grab it for a friend

which games were in the Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Sabotaging bundle?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We have Plants vs. Zombies + Bejeweled 3 confirmed at $4.99 (bundled) and I'm working on bringing back the "Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Sabotaging" bundle at either a better price or with an additional game.[/QUOTE]

I already have both of those (and on multiple platforms!), but they are absolutely top-notch in their sub-genres. Anyone without them and even a remote interest would be getting a stellar deal at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back