Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I gotta start following this thread closely. Totally missed out on Darkness 2, and I don't wanna miss out on any more deals.

Also, could someone tell me to quit being a chicken shit and play Dark Souls?![/QUOTE]

Quit being a chicken shit and play Dark Souls.

Seriously, the game is amazing. It's up there with Demon's Souls as my favorite games of this generation.

[quote name='WellOkay']
sig.jpg

Wooooooo can't wait for that Dark Souls deal. o;[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nategator']I have a feeling that one is going to be popular.[/QUOTE]

Def! got my eye on that one too

[quote name='MysterD']Man, if only Amazon DVG actually signed Zenimax (parent company of Bethesda and Id Software)...[/QUOTE]

We can get us some hot deals on Rogue Warrior!

[quote name='Eldredpe']We can get us some hot deals on Rogue Warrior![/QUOTE]

We need it for the Rogue Warrior Credits song w/ Mickey Rourke!

[quote name='MysterD']We need it for the Rogue Warrior Credits song w/ Mickey Rourke![/QUOTE]

Seriously, though, once Tony gets Zenimax, we're all going to end up with Rogue Warrior in a bundle.

I for one plan to savor every second of it.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Seriously, though, once Tony gets Zenimax, we're all going to end up with Rogue Warrior in a bundle.

I for one plan to savor every second of it.[/QUOTE]

LOL.
Brink might be in that bundle, too.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Is there anything else coming in the new deal of the week aside from Dark Souls?[/QUOTE]

The Walking Dead for $15 is coming too, but I'm not sure how reliable that is.

I paid full price for la noire cause of the hype....

Worst game this gen.
Not even lying.
Wouldnt even buy at 5 bucks.
Boring, and no challenge. Every answer is right. There are no wrong answers.

[quote name='gomikeoh']I paid full price for la noire cause of the hype....

Worst game this gen.
Not even lying.
Boring, and no challenge. Every answer is right. There are no wrong answers.[/QUOTE]

I think that's being harsh.

You just have to know going in that it's basically a gussied up point-and-click with some neat mo-cap tech advances thrown on top.

I enjoyed it, but I knew what I was getting into.

Worst game this gen.
Not even lying.
Boring, and no challenge. Every answer is right. There are no wrong answers.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't rate it that low, but I definitely would have not rated it as highly as all the professional reviewers did. The game has a sandbox environment when it did not have any reason to. I do like that they added a auto drive feature so you don't have to deal with driving 10-15 minutes to start a mission (ahem GTA, Sleeping Dogs, SR3). But aside from car chases driving is pointless, I think there's one mission where you have to drive otherwise you'll miss an achievement but aside from that you should always skip driving and minimize risk of damaging public property (and losing stars).

The game is very linear, no matter what you do you'll end up at the same place. Like the guy above me said there is no wrong answer. There's very little to do aside from solving storyline cases. You can find hidden cars, monuments and respond to radio calls (all of which are the same). The sandbox environment is very dead, no one feels lively or reacts to your actions. You try to run people over in a car, and people float away like there's a force field. You're forced to be a good guy cop, there's no leeway there. It's not a huge con since most people should know that already.

The only redeeming factor was the actual cases, although very flawed they were enjoyable. It would be a nice feature to add in a future GTA game, for police type side quests.

But as a standalone it was pretty disappointing at the full retail $60 price point, but if you can find the complete edition for like $12 is a decent deal. The overall story is passable and it's fair in entertainment value.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I think that's being harsh.

You just have to know going in that it's basically a gussied up point-and-click with some neat mo-cap tech advances thrown on top.

I enjoyed it, but I knew what I was getting into.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I thought it was great for what it was - a detective adventure game. I even thought the action bits were kind of thrown in and wasn't as interesting as the evidence collection and interrogation. Obviously the facial construction was made pretty much specifically for the interrogation parts since facial expressions can be clues themselves. Each case also had some pretty interesting stories and characters to go with them, and there are even more cases in the complete edition thanks to the DLC ones, which are all just as well made as the cases in the base game.

Do not buy this game thinking like it's an action game like GTA or Mafia.

Buy this game because you enjoy story, collecting clues, solving puzzles, interrogating people, and solving crimes.

[quote name='dark2025']Exactly, I thought it was great for what it was - a detective adventure game.[/quote]
Same here. That's what I loved about it.

I even thought the action bits were kind of thrown in and wasn't as interesting as the evidence collection and interrogation. Obviously the facial construction was made pretty much specifically for the interrogation parts since facial expressions can be clues themselves. Each case also had some pretty interesting stories and characters to go with them, and there are even more cases in the complete edition thanks to the DLC ones, which are all just as well made as the cases in the base game.

Do not buy this game thinking like it's an action game like GTA or Mafia.
Agreed.

Buy this game because you enjoy story, collecting clues, solving puzzles, interrogating people, and solving crimes.
I wish there more (good) games like THIS.
I miss the old-school adventure genre...

Worst game this gen.
Not even lying.

the last case was pretty interesting though.

I hated LA Noire. The world is boring, there is no way to know how Phelps is actually going to respond in an interrogation, driving sucks, the detective work is shallow (I wouldn't even call this a detective game), you pretty much can't lose, the combat is shallow, it's incredibly repetitive, and I never grew attached to any of the characters.

[quote name='Dev518']I never grew attached to any of the characters.[/QUOTE]

I liked Drunk Frank the traffic partner.

Mostly because the driving AI tended to run into other cars while he was chauffeuring me around, and I got to imagine that my wildly irresponsible drunk of a partner was running other drivers off the road while straight-laced Phelps looked on with apparently no qualms.

*Clink* *Clink* Tooo---oh, wait, there you are. Finally it goes live.

And 9 min to download? I hate you, MysterD! >< Gonna be 9 hours over here. *Goes back to sleep*

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys just noticed Dark Souls wasn't live yet. Woke the hamsters up, should be fixed soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony, both of the Bioshock Dual Packs say [Download]. One of them should say [Online Game Code]. If you actually go to the product pages, one of them shows that the games included in the bundle are Steam codes. However, the bundle title should be changed to make it less confusing.

Thanks as well for Dark Souls. Almost forgot about going on to get it until I saw the thread. Heading off for a few days and knowing my luck it would have been sold out by the time I got back and remembered!

Oh boy i really need to pay for
sig.jpg
a faster internet service. Great deal with darksouls now for fiber optic broadband!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamingKnight']*Clink* *Clink* Tooo---oh, wait, there you are. Finally it goes live.

And 9 min to download? I hate you, MysterD! >< Gonna be 9 hours over here. *Goes back to sleep*[/QUOTE]

:( @ a 9 hr DL.
That bites. Been there before.

I had that problem, back in the day, when I had DSL. Took over 15 hours to DL GTA4 (which is like 15 GB). DLs were ONE GB per hour, basically. After GTA4 DL - that was it for DSL for me, after that. Around that time, I was buying too many BIGGER sized games...same goes there days, too. Games were getting too big and I had to switch to Comcast, since Verizon FIOS Internet Service is just NOT in our area, for some reason...

Well, I bought the walking dead. I know it might go for cheaper before I get a chance to play it, but I've been wanting it for a while now and... well .. it's nearly Halloween and stuff. lol

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']tony if you could manage to price match the square enix store on tomb raider and hitman it would be awesome, pm sent[/QUOTE]

Good luck, and there's no harm in asking, but in the past Amazon has been reluctant to match prices from the publisher's store.

well fuck. I kinda want L.A. Noire, the Walking Dea, AND Dark Souls. wish there was a deal of the week bundle. and L.A. Noire is absolutely amazing by the way. its just a story based point and click adventure.

I just don't get the appeal of L.A. Noire. I have played half the game and it is a point and click detective game with a terrible story. Halfway into the game I should feel some investment into the story or the characters, and the game doesn't do that. I guess maybe I was hoping for something like The Maltese Falcon or L.A. Confidential and got a boring detective game.

anybody have any input on dark souls for pc versus ps3. already have it on ps3 but would kinda like to have it on my steam account. really wish there were steam achievements.

I want to get Dark Souls, but I've been reading that a controller is a must. Is it true that it is simply "unplayable" with KB&M? Or is it "driving games unplayable"? - like people say GRID is too hard with KB but I can play that just fine.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I just don't get the appeal of L.A. Noire. I have played half the game and it is a point and click detective game with a terrible story. Halfway into the game I should feel some investment into the story or the characters, and the game doesn't do that. I guess maybe I was hoping for something like The Maltese Falcon or L.A. Confidential and got a boring detective game.[/QUOTE]

I love the setting, period, and atmosphere, but the story really is awful upon reflection. It's not helped by the fact that choices are so meaningless in that game. Literally no choice you make, either in narrative or in gameplay, has any real impact on the game at all. The lack of feedback or player agency makes it weak.

the witcher 2 is the only game I've ever played were "choices" mean anything so I don't really mark that against it and I thought the end of the homicide desk through the vice desk were great story build up then the end of the game was great

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I just don't get the appeal of L.A. Noire. I have played half the game and it is a point and click detective game with a terrible story. Halfway into the game I should feel some investment into the story or the characters, and the game doesn't do that. I guess maybe I was hoping for something like The Maltese Falcon or L.A. Confidential and got a boring detective game.[/QUOTE]

Each case is pretty much it's own story for the early ones, but what I guess you would consider the "main story" doesn't really start until the second half of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back