Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bubzers']I want to get Dark Souls, but I've been reading that a controller is a must. Is it true that it is simply "unplayable" with KB&M? Or is it "driving games unplayable"? - like people say GRID is too hard with KB but I can play that just fine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you really need a controller for it. Its only $30 for a xbox 360 wired controller and it will work with a lot more games than just dark souls. $30 isnt that much to pay for 100 hours + of great gameplay over KB + M.

Pick up Dark Souls and Walking Dead. Been playing the DLC on 360 with my main character and was waiting for a deal on the PC version to start a new character to play with PC friends.

[quote name='bubzers']I want to get Dark Souls, but I've been reading that a controller is a must. Is it true that it is simply "unplayable" with KB&M? Or is it "driving games unplayable"? - like people say GRID is too hard with KB but I can play that just fine.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Logitech Dual Action controller, you could also consider the X360CE program. There's a topic here regarding it use for Dark Souls. But if you own neither atm, the XBox 360 one would negate having to do this process for every game.

When I try to buy Dark Souls from Amazon, instead of going to a regular checkout page, I'm being forced to enter a credit card for One-Click purchases. I'm not sure why Amazon can't pull up my cards I already have on file with them, but there doesn't seem to be any way to bypass this. I could just add my card info, but I'm kinda annoyed and baffled why Dark Souls is the only game that triggers this.

edit: nevermind, seems to be a security related issue to prove that I am who I am. just odd that this is my only purchase to ever do this.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I love the setting, period, and atmosphere, but the story really is awful upon reflection. It's not helped by the fact that choices are so meaningless in that game. Literally no choice you make, either in narrative or in gameplay, has any real impact on the game at all. The lack of feedback or player agency makes it weak.[/QUOTE]

The atmosphere is incredible, but it feels like they shoehorned noir tropes into the framework of a point-and-click game. The acting saves it from being a disaster; I started Alan Wake right after finishing L.A. Noire and it was so jarring a difference (plus the facial animations) that it put me off. LAN has this driving, inevitable narrative and the player gets graded along the way. Not the most modern of storytelling styles, but I thought that was the point of noir.

[quote name='tham1988']anybody have any input on dark souls for pc versus ps3. already have it on ps3 but would kinda like to have it on my steam account. really wish there were steam achievements.[/QUOTE]

It's the exact same except far prettier (with the right mods) and it comes with the new content.

As others have said, play with a controller.

[quote name='MysterD']:( @ a 9 hr DL.
That bites. Been there before.

I had that problem, back in the day, when I had DSL. Took over 15 hours to DL GTA4 (which is like 15 GB). DLs were ONE GB per hour, basically. After GTA4 DL - that was it for DSL for me, after that. Around that time, I was buying too many BIGGER sized games...same goes there days, too. Games were getting too big and I had to switch to Comcast, since Verizon FIOS Internet Service is just NOT in our area, for some reason...[/QUOTE]

I have that problem now, I'm lucky to get over 100kb/s :roll:

PSA: Anyone who buys Dark Souls PTD

You MUST download this mod DSfix

Follow the read me of it when you open it up, it will make the game look 100x better rendering at the correct output and not at the crappy 720 that it was set at because of consoles.

[quote name='dfg']The atmosphere is incredible, but it feels like they shoehorned noir tropes into the framework of a point-and-click game. The acting saves it from being a disaster; I started Alan Wake right after finishing L.A. Noire and it was so jarring a difference (plus the facial animations) that it put me off. LAN has this driving, inevitable narrative and the player gets graded along the way. Not the most modern of storytelling styles, but I thought that was the point of noir.[/QUOTE]

Opposite experience for me. I started playing Alan Wake after I took a break from L.A. Noire, and I much prefer Alan Wake. Then again, when I played Alan Wake on the 360 I beat it in a day because it was so good.

What drives me crazy about L.A. Noire is that the characters aren't fleshed out at all, and they keep flashing back to WWII with no explanation why. I couldn't care less about Phelps and his experiences. It just seems like the narrative is poorly constructed without any intriguing characters. I had high hopes for the game, and still plan on finishing it, but I don't feel all that compelled to.

I'm on case 10 right now (third homicide case), so I hope some of you guys are right about it picking up soon.

There's a mod that makes Mouse/keyboard playable

alright, i just bought dark souls and i don't have a controller, yet. let's see if it's as hard as everyone says it is...

edit:
[quote name='r4itolol']There's a mod that makes Mouse/keyboard playable[/QUOTE]

:shock:, do you happen to have a link to it? otherwise, i can search for it. thanks!

[quote name='weareattack']edit: nevermind, seems to be a security related issue to prove that I am who I am. just odd that this is my only purchase to ever do this.[/QUOTE]
Did the same for me. Made me re-enter my CC information on file as a "security measure". First time I've had that happen but it went through fine after that.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Opposite experience for me. I started playing Alan Wake after I took a break from L.A. Noire, and I much prefer Alan Wake. Then again, when I played Alan Wake on the 360 I beat it in a day because it was so good.

What drives me crazy about L.A. Noire is that the characters aren't fleshed out at all, and they keep flashing back to WWII with no explanation why. I couldn't care less about Phelps and his experiences. It just seems like the narrative is poorly constructed without any intriguing characters. I had high hopes for the game, and still plan on finishing it, but I don't feel all that compelled to.

I'm on case 10 right now (third homicide case), so I hope some of you guys are right about it picking up soon.[/QUOTE]

you really need to just finish L.A. noire because from what i remember I felt the same way at probably the same point it all comes together in the end though

on another note, as much as i liked L.A. Noire, I absolutely loved alan wake

o wow just read where you are in the game. the game gets way better at the end of the homicide desk story wise like at the very end after the last mission. then if i remember right vice is all good then it gets slow at the start of arson til the end

[quote name='ojaybaby']I have some funds in paypal...but can't use them on Amazon. Lame... :([/QUOTE]

Can you buy an Amazon e-gift card and purchase it that way?

[quote name='tham1988']its really hard to convince people to finish the game without ruining the story[/QUOTE]

IMO, giving somebody the impression that a game does get much better is an incentive to continue on and finish the game but that's just me.

[quote name='tham1988']you really need to just finish L.A. noire because from what i remember I felt the same way at probably the same point it all comes together in the end though

on another note, as much as i liked L.A. Noire, I absolutely loved alan wake[/QUOTE]

Ya, exactly. You have to finish LA Noire to understand how everything goes together.

[quote name='asheskitty']Tempted by DS:ptD... I don't really need something new to play at the moment, but darn it's tempting.[/QUOTE]

I broke down and got it. its an amazing game. who knows when i'll play it. guess I should look into a controller.

Normally I switch my GFWL profile to offline to avoid encrypted saves. The partial online component of DS:ptD looks a bit unusual (and possibly opens to griefers). Any solid opinion on this?

[quote name='tham1988']I broke down and got it. its an amazing game. who knows when i'll play it. guess I should look into a controller.[/QUOTE]

I expect I'll break down. If you already have a PS3 controller, it's easy to get working with MotionInJoy. If you don't have a controller, one nice alternative is a Logitech F510 since it has a PS3 layout and a switch on the bottom to switch between Xinput (360) and DirectInput (used in many older games).

[quote name='twztid13']What happened to the Kingdoms of Amalur & all DLC for cheap? Did I miss that, or did it get 86'd? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't happened yet. I'm thinking that will be up next week.

[quote name='twztid13']What happened to the Kingdoms of Amalur & all DLC for cheap? Did I miss that, or did it get 86'd? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I think Tony mentioned the KoA deal was something on the horizon, but not something we'll see in the next few weeks. I would personally expect to see the KoA deal late Nov, early Dec. If it launches sooner, that's even better :bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='asheskitty']Normally I switch my GFWL profile to offline to avoid encrypted saves. The partial online component of DS:ptD looks a bit unusual (and possibly opens to griefers). Any solid opinion on this?
[/QUOTE]
The notes in DSFix say GFWL can ban you if you do the framerate fix, as it makes changes to the code of the game. I so want to do that, but I played on ps3, and the online portion (which doesn't get great until a little less than halfway through the story, as you are building up stats & scrounging until then, so no 'builds' yet). Once it gets to the point where the online plays a bigger part than reading the signs of other players, it is amazing. It would be very unfortunate for you to miss out on that aspect. It's what makes the game so unique, and it gets very deep (or it can, as there are many different ways for the online play to work, so won't go into detail). Either way, it adds to the atmosphere & the tension, even if you don't join the guilds, etc.

I'm having to choose between 60fps or online, and that is TOUGH. I can't afford to lose my XBL/GFWL account :(. I still have it on ps3, so I bought the PC version instead of getting the DLC on ps3. Unfortunately, I have to start from scratch. I LOVE the 360 controller, but the ps3 fits this game perfectly. I had never heard of the motioninjoy.com site, so thank you for that info, bud.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I think Tony mentioned the KoA deal was something on the horizon, but not something we'll see in the next few weeks. I would personally expect to see the KoA deal late Nov, early Dec. If it launches sooner, that's even better :bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Cool. I'm in no hurry, but I didn't want to miss it, and I DO want it to happen. Thanks, guys!!

[quote name='twztid13']The notes in DSFix say GFWL can ban you if you do the framerate fix, as it makes changes to the code of the game. I so want to do that, but I played on ps3, and the online portion (which doesn't get great until a little less than halfway through the story, as you are building up stats & scrounging until then, so no 'builds' yet). Once it gets to the point where the online plays a bigger part than reading the signs of other players, it is amazing. It would be very unfortunate for you to miss out on that aspect. It's what makes the game so unique, and it gets very deep (or it can, as there are many different ways for the online play to work, so won't go into detail). Either way, it adds to the atmosphere & the tension, even if you don't join the guilds, etc.

I'm having to choose between 60fps or online, and that is TOUGH. I can't afford to lose my XBL/GFWL account :(. I still have it on ps3, so I bought the PC version instead of getting the DLC on ps3. Unfortunately, I have to start from scratch. I LOVE the 360 controller, but the ps3 fits this game perfectly. I had never heard of the motioninjoy.com site, so thank you for that info, bud.[/QUOTE]

I'm using DSFix w/ locked 30 FPS & playing online - it feels, looks, and runs great.
I have seen a fair deal of Bloodstains of other people's ghosts that have died, which have helped.
I really haven't had any invasions from other players, actually - I'm still early into the game, BTW.

[quote name='asheskitty']If you already have a PS3 controller, it's easy to get working with MotionInJoy.[/QUOTE]

This is what i use for pc games when a controller is needed. Its not as comfortable as a 360 controller... but works just fine.

[quote name='twztid13']The notes in DSFix say GFWL can ban you if you do the framerate fix, as it makes changes to the code of the game. I so want to do that, but I played on ps3, and the online portion (which doesn't get great until a little less than halfway through the story, as you are building up stats & scrounging until then, so no 'builds' yet). Once it gets to the point where the online plays a bigger part than reading the signs of other players, it is amazing. It would be very unfortunate for you to miss out on that aspect. It's what makes the game so unique, and it gets very deep (or it can, as there are many different ways for the online play to work, so won't go into detail). Either way, it adds to the atmosphere & the tension, even if you don't join the guilds, etc.

I'm having to choose between 60fps or online, and that is TOUGH. I can't afford to lose my XBL/GFWL account :(. I still have it on ps3, so I bought the PC version instead of getting the DLC on ps3. Unfortunately, I have to start from scratch. I LOVE the 360 controller, but the ps3 fits this game perfectly. I had never heard of the motioninjoy.com site, so thank you for that info, bud.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']I'm using DSFix w/ locked 30 FPS & playing online - it feels, looks, and runs great.
I have seen a fair deal of Bloodstains of other people's ghosts that have died, which have helped.
I really haven't had any invasions from other players, actually - I'm still early into the game, BTW.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that! I think I'll give online a chance. Some of the bugs noted when uncapping the framerate combined with my GTX 260 made me decide not to bother uncapping (for the time being).

[quote name='asheskitty']Tempted by DS:ptD... I don't really need something new to play at the moment, but darn it's tempting.[/QUOTE]

Same. I'm trying not to buy anything $20+ at the moment.

[quote name='MC Kage']Same. I'm trying not to buy anything $20+ at the moment.[/QUOTE]

You're in luck. This is $19.90. I was telling myself the same thing about the sub $20 and ended up biting. I am weak

[quote name='kidrocklive']IMO, giving somebody the impression that a game does get much better is an incentive to continue on and finish the game but that's just me.[/QUOTE]
That's never really held up with me. There are so many other games to play that are fun all the way through that playing through 10-15 mediocre hours to get to the good stuff just doesn't seem like a good idea.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']You're in luck. This is $19.90. I was telling myself the same thing about the sub $20 and ended up biting. I am weak[/QUOTE]

Good thing I'm a strong, independent black woman.

Hey Tony,

I see that you guys sell the physical Guild Wars 2 gem cards, is there any chance you'll be getting a digital version of these in the future? I'd rather buy through Amazon since you guys already have my card info and I can get a digital code instantly. Thanks!

Uh-huh. I still keep meaning to replay the original before moving on to Dark Souls - one loop is certainly not 'enough' on that game.

[quote name='Genocidal']Hey Tony,

I see that you guys sell the physical Guild Wars 2 gem cards, is there any chance you'll be getting a digital version of these in the future? I'd rather buy through Amazon since you guys already have my card info and I can get a digital code instantly. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I second this notion!

[quote name='Larce80']DS isnt worth anywhere near $20 to me heh[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm into that type of game, but I wouldn't pay $20 for it. At least not now..

[quote name='Dev518']That's never really held up with me. There are so many other games to play that are fun all the way through that playing through 10-15 mediocre hours to get to the good stuff just doesn't seem like a good idea.[/QUOTE]

almost every rpg takes about 5 hours to start to become fun.

Hey Tony, I have another question about Hitman Absolution preorders.

I see that on steam, they are offering a preorder bonus of a special level called the "sniper challenge". I was wondering if that bonus is offered on all preorders in all digital stores (including Amazon) or if that is an exclusive preorder bonus for buying from steam? I know that you already pointed out that you guys are doing this as a preorder bonus. I was just wondering if you also have the sniper challenge.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Opposite experience for me. I started playing Alan Wake after I took a break from L.A. Noire, and I much prefer Alan Wake. Then again, when I played Alan Wake on the 360 I beat it in a day because it was so good.

I'm on case 10 right now (third homicide case), so I hope some of you guys are right about it picking up soon.[/QUOTE]

I do want to get back to Alan Wake, and I think once I get tired of Borderlands 2, I will. Part of my problem was AW didn't feel right with KB/M so I should probably use a controller. Also, wanting to get every collectible on the first play-through bogged me down, but if you say you can get through the whole thing in a day, then maybe I can convince myself a few more replays wouldn't be so bad.

Er, why would you complain about the characters not being fleshed out, and then discredit the war flashbacks? Admittedly, they are confusing until further on—as well as that third narrative string with the headshrinker—but they help define Phelps (and a later significant character). And I found each of Phelps' partners to be both solid comic relief and believably distinctive.

The biggest problem where the story and gameplay collided was that based on your interrogation choices, Phelps' abruptly breaks out into full dick mode when the situation doesn't really call for it. Of course, smoothing that out would've required about 3x more recorded dialogue, plus facial-capture, so I understand why they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back