Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just as an FYI to the GFWL discussion, the Steam version also uses GFWL, it just also uses Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Of course it does!

Capcom's PC games - in most recent years - usually do require Microsoft G4WL.

As much as most of, including myself, ain't very fond of G4WL [rightfully so, too - it's garbage and has TONS of issues still], some game companies are going to take the lazy port route or the lazy multi-platform route and have it work on both Microsoft Online Services (X-Box Live for X360; Games For Windows Live on PC). Probably a lot easier and cheaper to do that than say ALSO having to implement Steam code or some other PC-client service.

Now, if we could get Microsoft to overhaul G4WL into something even half-way decent on the PC, that'd be nice...
I think Hell might freeze over first, given how they've treated G4WL...

[quote name='shrike4242']Sounds like the version we should have for $10, don't you think? ;) More option for the dollar.[/QUOTE]
You mean that you'll have DOUBLE the DRM.
You'll now have both Steam DRM + G4WL DRM.

I read some where that they might be getting rid of GFWL, when Windows 8 comes out. Don't know if it would be any better. I'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Dark Souls will be released on Steam, but it's not clear if it will use both Steamworks and GFWL.[/QUOTE]

I realize it will be released on Steam. To date there has been no game released on GFWL that the publisher bothered to release a separate GFWL-less version on Steam. Also given the tendency of the Japanese publishers, who admit they are clueless about the US PC gaming market to go for GFWL, I am going with a 99% chance the Steam version of Dark Souls will still have GFWL.

[quote name='Motoki']I realize it will be released on Steam. To date there has been no game released on GFWL that the publisher bothered to release a separate GFWL-less version on Steam. Also given the tendency of the Japanese publishers, who admit they are clueless about the US PC gaming market to go for GFWL, I am going with a 99% chance the Steam version of Dark Souls will still have GFWL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you raise a good point.

I'll be ecstatic if Dark Souls releases on Steam with no GFWL. I would be like that guy on the commercial going WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all day long everywhere he goes. I just honestly don't see it happening which means I'm going from what would have been a day 1 full price purchase (rare for me) to either waiting for it to go super cheap or just passing on it entirely.

Someone in another thread here a while back summed it up best when he said that getting a game you like ported to the PC with GFWL is like getting a cake with shit frosting.

[quote name='Darker']I read some where that they might be getting rid of GFWL, when Windows 8 comes out. Don't know if it would be any better. I'll just have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the "wait and see" mind-state, as well.

After Microsoft so poorly supported G4WL, I don't expect much from their implementation and re-branded of it as XBL into Windows 8...

[quote name='Motoki']I realize it will be released on Steam. To date there has been no game released on GFWL that the publisher bothered to release a separate GFWL-less version on Steam. Also given the tendency of the Japanese publishers, who admit they are clueless about the US PC gaming market to go for GFWL, I am going with a 99% chance the Steam version of Dark Souls will still have GFWL.[/QUOTE]

There's two problems here:
1. Steam is (kind of) REQUIRED to run in the background when dealing w/ G4WL game.
2. Microsoft's G4WL game-client is just flat-out horrible.

There's a work around to run a G4WL game w/out Steam, after you have DL'ed it from Steam:
Go into game-folder; make shortcut of EXE; don't run Steam at all; boot game w/out it.

This worked for me w/ Steam-versions of RF: Guerrilla and GTA4 + EFLC.

Well, if you can get past GFWL this is a great deal on Street Fighter. You will have to deal with GFWL no matter where you buy it. Trust me, I hate GFWL as much as the next guy but for $9 it is hard to pass this up, IMO.

Thanks Tony!

I anxiously await a Civ 5 Gods sale in a month or two. Make it happen. :p

[quote name='avwjase']Well, if you can get past GFWL this is a great deal on Street Fighter. You will have to deal with GFWL no matter where you buy it. Trust me, I hate GFWL as much as the next guy but for $9 it is hard to pass this up, IMO.

Thanks Tony!

I anxiously await a Civ 5 Gods sale in a month or two. Make it happen. :p[/QUOTE]

I have the original SF4 PC already.
Yes, it's a great game! :D

I'm sure I'll eventually get around to buy Super SF4 AE PC, but not yet...

SF X Tekken PC is good, as well.

Even for some great PC games - i.e. Batman: Arkham Asylum + Arkham City PC; GTA4 + EFLC; Fallout 3: GOTY Edition - yeah, I'm still willing to tolerate G4WL...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI next week's deal up for those interested.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
DA:O Ultimate + DA2 Bundle Pack is a crazy-great deal at $10.

For DA:O Ultimate -> DA:O took me over 105 hours; Awakening was another 30 hours or so; and though I really ain't touched the DLC.
DA2 took me a little over 50+ hours.

DAO: Ultimate is great and a RPG masterpiece.
DA2 is nowhere as great as DAO: Ultimate, but DA2 is still worth what it's on sale for, IMHO.

Gamers, if you love RPG's and you're missing any of the Dragon Age games here, look at what's on sale here - and get whatever it is that you need!

WARNING:
DAO Ultimate is around 28 GB download in total. Huge download, just so you gamers know...
You might wanna go do something else for a while, while this one DL's...

[quote name='Motoki']I'll be ecstatic if Dark Souls releases on Steam with no GFWL. I would be like that guy on the commercial going WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all day long everywhere he goes. I just honestly don't see it happening which means I'm going from what would have been a day 1 full price purchase (rare for me) to either waiting for it to go super cheap or just passing on it entirely.

Someone in another thread here a while back summed it up best when he said that getting a game you like ported to the PC with GFWL is like getting a cake with shit frosting.[/QUOTE]

I highly, highly doubt they're going to make two "match-making" system, one using Steam Works and the other GFWL (considering the amount of trouble they already had with "porting" to PC - the optimist are just huffing moon rock dust). I don't mind GFWL but it definately adds an extra layer of unnecessary front end to the games. My only complaint against GFWL is that it possibly has the worse automated patching process I've ever experienced but other than that I've never had any other issues with it. It's not the end of the world and be glad at least it doesn't have something like Rock Star Social Club launcher on top of GFWL :whistle2:#.

Nothing worse then having to patch the launcher, start the game, download patch ingame, shutdown game, apply patch, start game again, download another subsequent patch ingame, shutdown game again, apply patch, start game once more, sign-in GFWL, retrieve account info, go into multiplayer and no one is playing.

Thanks for the SSF4AE deal Tony! Now I need to find a good/cheap PC compatible fightpad as the 360 controller just wont do it for me.

crysis 2 was nice . crysis 3 should be better
japan47.gif

[quote name='moon1970']crysis 2 was nice . crysis 3 should be better
japan47.gif
[/QUOTE]

I played it at E3 and it is. I have already preordered mine. I've said it before, I'm not married to graphics but this game is just ridiculously pretty, and the gameplay was unabashedly fun.

I really don't play shooters...like ever...but Crysis 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and Borderlands 2 (hard to call this a shooter), will all be full price pre-orders from me this year.

Cheers,
Tony

Is GFWL the sort of thing where you HAVE to use it to open and play and game (while it runs in the background all the while)? So much negativity about it that I'd assume that's how it is, but having never dealt with it I'd like to know. I grabbed Fallout 3 GOTY and am wondering how bad it's going to such dealing with GFWL there.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Is GFWL the sort of thing where you HAVE to use it to open and play and game (while it runs in the background all the while)? So much negativity about it that I'd assume that's how it is, but having never dealt with it I'd like to know. I grabbed Fallout 3 GOTY and am wondering how bad it's going to such dealing with GFWL there.[/QUOTE]

The list of gripes is a mile long. It's horribly implemented. Patching is my biggest gripe... start game, download an unknown amount of data, restart game, download an unknown amount of data, restart game... repeat until fully patched.

But like I asked "Is GFWL the sort of thing where you HAVE to use it to open and play and game (while it runs in the background all the while)?"

[quote name='Idiotekque']But like I asked "Is GFWL the sort of thing where you HAVE to use it to open and play and game (while it runs in the background all the while)?"[/QUOTE]

You mean like Steam runs in the background when you're playing Steam activated games? I think MysterD is probably the best person to answer this, he seems to have a wealth of knowledge around how this works. I'm not 100% sure or I'd give you a more solid answer.

Cheers,
Tony

GFWL has to be open yes. It doesn't really run in the background though, it's part of the games themselves. You don't need to use the client. Within the game you'll need to use it to setup a profile and whatnot. You can set up an offline profile but that limits what you can do within most games.

GFWL is largely hated for technical issues. Batman Arkham City ate a lot of saves for a good 6 months. It's not available in a lot of countries so titles that use it are often among the more heavily regionally restricted. They also forget to update older games it appears. I messed with two different games where I'd get constant crashes trying to update GFWL within games that needed it. Turns out the solution was simply to download it directly from the website.

I knew temptation could not keep me away from SSFIVAE. Also since all the DLC is costumes I don't mind not being able to buy them on Steam.

Also GFWL has achievements and while I am not a huge achievement guy, it's still a nice touch to be able to show people yes I went through every character in arcade mode :lol:.

The best part is that I got paid $5 to essentially make a music CD for them (bought a $25 GC card, I downloaded 15 mp3's, they gave me $20), so this is costing me $5 plus 30 minutes of downloading and burning a CD, lol.

Thanks Tony, love these deals.

Sounds like it isn't that big of a deal. People get so perturbed about manual patching and a little user effort to get a game working. I've played ancient games online where you need to butcher the game files and put them back together all through user programs and patches just to hook up and play on a private server.

Pretty sure I'll be able to handle a buggy patching system just fine.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just as an FYI to the GFWL discussion, the Steam version also uses GFWL, it just also uses Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ah didn't know that part, was hoping buy put the code in Steam and then let the magic happen. Instead of the "Is my windows live id same as my xbox live id, what's my password, now crash during updating a couple times" Well worth the hassle at that price though want to mess around with the other skins

Hey Tony, are there any chances of getting additional publishers to support Amazon Digital? You didn't answer my Namco question, but I'm still wondering if maybe there are other publishers you've reached out to.

Yes, G4WL runs in the background.
It's actually a small TOOLBAR that's a part of the game, that you can hide or show at your own will - normally by hitting the Middle 6 keys (Insert, Home, Pg UP, etc). I think it's the HOME or END Key.

Many people don't like G4WL for saves going missing (i.e. see Fallout 3, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City). Also, updates (to either the G4WL program or an actual G4WL game) might not update properly. That can cause LOTS of problems - as in G4WL or your games might not work right, forcing a REINSTALL of G4WL. You have to also keep certain ports open to use G4WL, as well.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sounds like it isn't that big of a deal. People get so perturbed about manual patching and a little user effort to get a game working. I've played ancient games online where you need to butcher the game files and put them back together all through user programs and patches just to hook up and play on a private server.

Pretty sure I'll be able to handle a buggy patching system just fine.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed my point. I'm 43 years old and have been gaming since the dawn of time. I've patched my fair number of computer games over the years. But times have changed and there are far better ways of doing it (*steam*) that makes the experience much less of a hassle. Of those that I've used... GFWL is the worst. It's worse than patching manually. You have to start the game - unsure of whether or not there will be an update - wait for it to load and GFWL to login, and then the circus begins.

Now, to be fair, it isn't always like that. But when it is you will want to jump out a window.

[quote name='MysterD']Yes, G4WL runs in the background.
It's actually a small TOOLBAR that's a part of the game, that you can hide or show at your own will - normally by hitting the Middle 6 keys (Insert, Home, Pg UP, etc). I think it's the HOME or END Key.

Many people don't like G4WL for saves going missing (i.e. see Fallout 3, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City). Also, updates (to either the G4WL program or an actual G4WL game) might not update properly. That can cause LOTS of problems - as in G4WL or your games might not work right, forcing a REINSTALL of G4WL. You have to also keep certain ports open to use G4WL, as well.[/QUOTE]

And then there are issues like these (and more).

Having said all of that, I wouldn't let GFWL stand in the way of a good buy. You mostly can get it to work and SSF4:AE is such a game that I'd put up with it to play.

[quote name='60fps']Hey Tony, are there any chances of getting additional publishers to support Amazon Digital? You didn't answer my Namco question, but I'm still wondering if maybe there are other publishers you've reached out to.[/QUOTE]

We're constantly pursuing more selection :). We have a team of a few guys that nothing but run down more content. The process is unbelievably complex though given how many touchpoints Amazon has with many of these publishers (MP3s, Apps, Physical Video Games, etc).

As we get more you guys will know though :).

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, is Amazon matching Steam's $7.49 deal for Deus Ex this weekend? Also, if you do, will a Steam key be made available?

[quote name='Gluteus']Hey Tony, is Amazon matching Steam's $7.49 deal for Deus Ex this weekend? Also, if you do, will a Steam key be made available?[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex : HR requires Steam.

[quote name='MysterD']Yes, G4WL runs in the background.

Many people don't like G4WL for saves going missing (i.e. see Fallout 3, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City). Also, updates (to either the G4WL program or an actual G4WL game) might not update properly. That can cause LOTS of problems - as in G4WL or your games might not work right, forcing a REINSTALL of G4WL. You have to also keep certain ports open to use G4WL, as well.[/QUOTE]
Lost saves is the only thing that makes me nervous (the patching issues really don't phase me). Can't you just copy your sale files elsewhere for insurance?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Lost saves is the only thing that makes me nervous (the patching issues really don't phase me). Can't you just copy your sale files elsewhere for insurance?[/QUOTE]

Sure, you can...
...But, it doesn't mean it'll work.
There's also OTHER hassles that can occur w/ saved games just not working period, even when moving saves from PC-to-PC or even reformatting your same PC...
Read GameSpy's own Dan Stapleton who did a G4WL article and do some Googling on save games issues and syncing them w/ G4WL and you'll understand the complaints.

[quote name='hal']
Having said all of that, I wouldn't let GFWL stand in the way of a good buy. You mostly can get it to work and SSF4:AE is such a game that I'd put up with it to play.[/QUOTE]

Oh, same here...

I've got numerous G4WL-required games. I've luckily had very little problems w/ G4WL - knock on wood! I've had issues where it wouldn't connect online to G4WL; had to reinstall G4WL; had to open a port to get G4WL working again; had to restart games to get update to take; and other kinds of nonsense.
Luckily, never any saves games being locked-out, corrupted, or gone missing issues - knock on wood!

I've had no problems w/ that than Steam. Biggest problem I had w/ Steam was for a while, it wouldn't load my games list, so I couldn't play any of them. So, I did the "re-create BLOB file" fix - and it worked like a charm! :)

But maybe if enough people complain about G4WL, maybe Microsoft will get the message and fix the bloody thing. Or, maybe more dev's publishers will stop using G4WL and use OTHER pieces of middleware instead.
I still wonder what Microsoft is doing w/ this so-called "revival, rebranding, and ingration" of XBL into Win 8. Hopefully, this is WORLDS better than that G4WL crap. Though, I have my doubts, given how they've treated us PC gamers, since their X-Box original and X360 took off so well...

[quote name='MysterD']Oh, same here...

I've got numerous G4WL-required games. I've luckily had very little problems w/ G4WL - knock on wood! I've had issues where it wouldn't connect online to G4WL; had to reinstall G4WL; had to open a port to get G4WL working again; had to restart games to get update to take; and other kinds of nonsense.
Luckily, never any saves games being locked-out, corrupted, or gone missing issues - knock on wood!
[/quote]

Lucky. :)

Most of my problems with G4WL have been centered around updating games. Sometimes it closes and opens and forces me to restart my computer 12-13 times (!!!!!) before it will let me play the game. It is absurd.

Although, it did corrupt my GTA4 save about 70% through the story. I was so mad, man. So, so, so mad. :)

[quote name='avwjase']Lucky. :)

Most of my problems with G4WL have been centered around updating games. Sometimes it closes and opens and forces me to restart my computer 12-13 times (!!!!!) before it will let me play the game. It is absurd.

Although, it did corrupt my GTA4 save about 70% through the story. I was so mad, man. So, so, so mad. :)[/QUOTE]

Bleh!
That's all insane and just flat-out sucks! :(

[quote name='MysterD']Sure, you can...
...But, it doesn't mean it'll work.
There's also OTHER hassles that can occur w/ saved games just not working period, even when moving saves from PC-to-PC or even reformatting your same PC...
Read GameSpy's own Dan Stapleton who did a G4WL article and do some Googling on save games issues and syncing them w/ G4WL and you'll understand the complaints.[/QUOTE]
Err, I hardly imagine GFWL is going to look through your C-drive to find where you copied the save files to so it can delete them there too.

Thanks for the info though. Hopefully I won't have too many problems with Fallout 3.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Err, I hardly imagine GFWL is going to look through your C-drive to find where you copied the save files to so it can delete them there too.[/QUOTE]

No, but many of the GFWL games use encrypted save files and when they break or you reformat or get a new PC or whatever and try to use a backed up copy, they don't do a damn thing except say the files are corrupt and then start a new game.

I'm not sure what anyone is talking about with the patching. I own about 10 or so GFWL titles and all of them auto-patch as soon as they're started. Sometimes you have to restart the game and patch again a few times. Also you have to wait a little bit to import your profile from xbox live. Only major problem I have had is with the saves in Fable 3. I've had to start over about 3 times now, but that's my fault because I format a lot and that is one of the games that uses encrypted saves.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Err, I hardly imagine GFWL is going to look through your C-drive to find where you copied the save files to so it can delete them there too.

Thanks for the info though. Hopefully I won't have too many problems with Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3's GFWL can be outright broken if you really want, and needs to be to use a lot of mods.

F3's issues are generally game/engine bound rather than GFWL. Quadcores and Win 7 throw it off a bit. Even after a handful of fixes I still get the occassional crash (almost always involving VATS).

[quote name='Corpekata']Fallout 3's GFWL can be outright broken if you really want, and needs to be to use a lot of mods.

F3's issues are generally game/engine bound rather than GFWL. Quadcores and Win 7 throw it off a bit. Even after a handful of fixes I still get the occassional crash (almost always involving VATS).[/QUOTE]

I HAVE to disable GFWL in Fallout 3 if I want to play completely without microstutter.. not that GFWL causes it, I just need to disable it to use the fix.

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']
I'm not sure what anyone is talking about with the patching. I own about 10 or so GFWL titles and all of them auto-patch as soon as they're started. Sometimes you have to restart the game and patch again a few times. Also you have to wait a little bit to import your profile from xbox live.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly it w/ patching!

Often, you'll boot game up; G4WL has an update [for game or G4WL itself]; it DL's patch; it finishes; game closes out; it patches the game; restarts game up; and it might have to go back to download patch step b/c it didn't take effect right....
...And it might do that numerous times!

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']No, but many of the GFWL games use encrypted save files and when they break or you reformat or get a new PC or whatever and try to use a backed up copy, they don't do a damn thing except say the files are corrupt and then start a new game.

I'm not sure what anyone is talking about with the patching. I own about 10 or so GFWL titles and all of them auto-patch as soon as they're started. Sometimes you have to restart the game and patch again a few times. Also you have to wait a little bit to import your profile from xbox live. Only major problem I have had is with the saves in Fable 3. I've had to start over about 3 times now, but that's my fault because I format a lot and that is one of the games that uses encrypted saves.[/QUOTE]

Not all games autopatch. Both of the games I've had to patch manually simply froze each time, and had to be CTRL ALT DEL'd.

Appears individual games have marked down but the combo deal hasn't (PC at least). They normally turn over around this time right?

Edit-there we go.

Stoked on the Dragon Age bundle. Thanks Tony.

(Have spent nearly $100 on Amazon PCDD over the course of 2 or so months. Do I get a cookie when I break $100?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back