Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='walkonshadows']That settles it, you've obviously made a pact with the devil, it's the only explanation, but as long as that black magic is working so well, carry on Fine Sir, carry on.[/QUOTE]

No pact with the devil, I just really wanted to get this out before the sale starts on Sunday. So many factors I didn't control made me reticent to commit to getting it out today though.

Luckily Paradox was all over it and I was able to get a hold of one of the managers in our CS group and get her to kick it up the chain.

Big win for everyone :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Motoki']Just got me email with the Steam keys now. Thanks Tony and also thanks to the Swedish guys at Paradox where ever you are.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just got mine as well, damn that was fast! I know it's codes to games I already own, but it feels like getting 2 new games (That's just the CAGness speaking) Kudos to your CS Manager and the guys at Paradox for making this happen.

Tony, any word on the contents of the Rockstar Classics Pack that's going on sale? I'm definitely interested if things like Max Payne 1/2, Bully, and GTA are involved and on Steam. Could you enlighten me? :D

[quote name='Snowmaru']Tony, any word on the contents of the Rockstar Classics Pack that's going on sale? I'm definitely interested if things like Max Payne 1/2, Bully, and GTA are involved and on Steam. Could you enlighten me? :D[/QUOTE]

It's in the OP.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FRWR7Y?tag=cheapassgam08-20

[quote name='yangwenli']I got the keys as well. Does it matter if my amazon email is diff from my steam account email?[/QUOTE]

No, doesn't matter.

I've got my wallet (and a giftcard I received for my birthday a couple days ago) poised and ready to be thrown at my monitor. Sunday cannot come fast enough.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, I'm about 10 feet under water today so I can't go back and quote everyone who asked.

I just got sign of from Paradox to re-issue Steam Keys via email for Victoria II and Sword of the Stars Complete Collection to everyone who purchased the original Plentiful Paradox Package.

We'll likely deliver these via email, since it is a Friday though it probably won't happen until early next week. I'm hoping to have emails out before the holiday though (4th of July).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just saw that email. Damn, that is really awesome!

Yup great deals coming up. Looking forward to all the strategy games I have held out on. Guess Steam gets no money this year.

Only thing i'm looking for that's not on there is ANNO 2070. But hey I can be patient.

Thanks Tony!

[quote name='Snowmaru']Tony, any word on the contents of the Rockstar Classics Pack that's going on sale? I'm definitely interested if things like Max Payne 1/2, Bully, and GTA are involved and on Steam. Could you enlighten me? :D[/QUOTE]
GTA: Vice City;
GTA: San Andreas;
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.
Midnight Club 2;
Bully: Scholarship Edition;

@TONY
GTA: Vice City (original game) picture is in there....but you guys named the game "Vice City Stories" for some reason.
61-gxYWoVSL._AA300_.jpg

GTA: Vice City (original) indeed was released on the PC. Personally, that one is STILL my favorite of the GTA games.

GTA: VC Stories is a PS2 and PSP exclusive. It was NEVER released on the PC.
VC Stories is a prequel to VC (Original).

I wouldn't mind seeing VC Stories ported to PC, if you could convince Rockstar... ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol even better, just talked to CS, emails are going out right now. Start checking your inboxes :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

And cheers to you. Thanks man.

One question though, in the bundles that include Majesty Gold, your first page listing indicates Majesty Gold as the title. But if I click the link to the package on Amazon, it lists Majesty Gold - HD. Further, if I click the link within the pack, it takes me to the Majesty Gold (non-HD) title. So, do these two packs give HD version? Inquiring minds want to know!

Got the keys already; awesome job Tony.

I have to ask though (someone else asked but I think you missed it), what happens to the current version of SotS and Vicky2 in my Amazon game library? I haven't downloaded them yet, and while Steam keys are cool, when I do install them I will probably not install the Steam versions. Did we basically get two copies of these games (one Steam and one through Amazon)? Or are the Amazon downloadable copies no longer going to work?

Is the digital Dawn of War: Soulstorm not sold on Amazon? Will I miss a lot if I just get the Platinum Editiion? Or can I redeem the Platinum Edition on Steam and get Soulstorm from there?

Shhhh, Tony's quiet, cause he's burying hamsters. Those poor little things can only take so much. If this keeps up, we'll have to switch to Gerbils, they're the mules of the rodent world.

On a related note, no the Amazon side of the downloads do not expire or stop working, they are always there in your digital library ready to be downloaded again. The Steam keys are icing on the cake. It's mostly for those of us with games in the hundreds, and want them auto-updated without the hassle of manually doing it. And this is great to have, until the secret Amazon Client the guys in section 7 have been wor.............I've said too much.

One quick question, any chance you guys will carry Alan Wake's American Nightmare? Also, any chance of Quantum Conundrum going up on sale?

[quote name='MysterD']GTA: Vice City;
GTA: San Andreas;
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.
Midnight Club 2;
Bully: Scholarship Edition;

@TONY
GTA: Vice City (original game) picture is in there....but you guys named the game "Vice City Stories" for some reason.
61-gxYWoVSL._AA300_.jpg

GTA: Vice City (original) indeed was released on the PC. Personally, that one is STILL my favorite of the GTA games.

GTA: VC Stories is a PS2 and PSP exclusive. It was NEVER released on the PC.
VC Stories is a prequel to VC (Original).

I wouldn't mind seeing VC Stories ported to PC, if you could convince Rockstar... ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm think it is Vice City, not stories, not sure what's up there.

[quote name='travathian']And cheers to you. Thanks man.

One question though, in the bundles that include Majesty Gold, your first page listing indicates Majesty Gold as the title. But if I click the link to the package on Amazon, it lists Majesty Gold - HD. Further, if I click the link within the pack, it takes me to the Majesty Gold (non-HD) title. So, do these two packs give HD version? Inquiring minds want to know![/QUOTE]

The Steam version of Majesty gold is the HD version, the reason HD falls off when you click through is because of a bug in the system that "twists" the content together (this is what creates the little boxes with different versions on the page). The version in the packs is the HD version.

[quote name='Terlan']@Tony any chance amazon could price match this?

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/shogun-2-fall-of-the-samurai

Has Shogun 2 Fall of the samurai priced at $11.99.[/QUOTE]

We don't match getgamesgo. I don't even know who they are. That being said we'll have a Sega sale at one point in July with that title in it.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Got the keys already; awesome job Tony.

I have to ask though (someone else asked but I think you missed it), what happens to the current version of SotS and Vicky2 in my Amazon game library? I haven't downloaded them yet, and while Steam keys are cool, when I do install them I will probably not install the Steam versions. Did we basically get two copies of these games (one Steam and one through Amazon)? Or are the Amazon downloadable copies no longer going to work?[/QUOTE]

The copy in your library is all yours.

[quote name='Mugatu']One quick question, any chance you guys will carry Alan Wake's American Nightmare? Also, any chance of Quantum Conundrum going up on sale?[/QUOTE]

We will eventually have this up for sale, but I'm not 100% sure when, our ops team has been busy making bundles and getting Steam versions of games set up :).

[quote name='Larce80']what about that pack with metro 2033 in it?[/QUOTE]

It starts the second week in July.

Cheers,
Tony

What's up with the Pint Sized Paradox bundle? You've got all the Crusader Kings DLC but not the base game? That doesn't make sense.

The idea of a Paradox pack with some older games finally didn't go anywhere, right?

[quote name='Ceron']What's up with the Pint Sized Paradox bundle? You've got all the Crusader Kings DLC but not the base game? That doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

That pack has been created for those of us who purchased the original Paradox pack, so we can get the other titles not included in the first place. Amazon is not even going to promote it on the website.

[quote name='Ceron']What's up with the Pint Sized Paradox bundle? You've got all the Crusader Kings DLC but not the base game? That doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

We ran the Plentiful, then came up with the Plethora. The Pint Sized contains everything that was in the Plethora but not Plentiful, the Pint Sized Package is built for those who bought the Plentiful but would have otherwise bought the Plethora, now they don't feel like they got a raw deal by adopting early and buying the first bundle.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,
Just wanted to saw how much of an awesome rep u are and I wish u were in charge of the physical side also.

I'll participate in very few of these deals b/c I don't play PC games much & I have crappy Internet speed, but keep up the great work.

Guys, make sure to use the links from the OP, we had to change the links on the Plentiful Paradox Package so I don't want you guys to link through to a page that won't ever have a buy box.

Cheers,
Tony

Wow I bought the Paradox pack awhile ago and, while I would have loved Steam keys at the time, was perfectly happy with the fantastic deal I got. Then today I received the email with the Steam keys. Read up on it here and just wanted to say I am extremely impressed at the level of customer service.
Honestly, like most people, most purchases for me come down to price pure and simple. However, it's actions like this that make me much more likely to purchase from Amazon in the future. I'll remember this and am more than willing to pay a few bucks more for a download service with this amount of attention to its customers!

Big props for sending out Steam keys for the other Paradox pack games, I wasn't keeping up with this thread recently so it was a pleasant surprise to see it in my inbox.

Really impressed with the upcoming sales as well, even though I already own most of the games from the list that I want (except for Syndicate, but I told myself I wouldn't pay more than $10 since it's not on Steam...decisions decisions...).

GetGames is legit and a pretty well known PCDD site (surprised you haven't heard of them). They are based in the UK though, so I can understand no price matching there (although the site caters to the US as well; similar to GOG).

Anyone want to go into the Rockstar pack with me? I have all the games except for Bully. So you can get Vice City, San Andreas, Midnight Club 2 and Max Payne 2 for $11.

Also, is anyone interested in all of the Crusader Kings 2 dlc for $1.50? I will be buying the Pint Sized pack, but already bought that dlc from Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
We will eventually have this up for sale, but I'm not 100% sure when, our ops team has been busy making bundles and getting Steam versions of games set up :).

It starts the second week in July.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you for answering1

[quote name='MSUHitman']Tony,
Just wanted to saw how much of an awesome rep u are and I wish u were in charge of the physical side also.

I'll participate in very few of these deals b/c I don't play PC games much & I have crappy Internet speed, but keep up the great work.[/QUOTE]

I say he gets a promotion to handle ALL things video game related!

edit: While I'm here and Dragon Age is still on sale, neither has controller support, right? And even if I did find a way to use one isn't the combat is just click and wait?

[quote name='hollowfreak']
edit: While I'm here and Dragon Age is still on sale, neither has controller support, right? And even if I did find a way to use one isn't the combat is just click and wait?[/QUOTE]

Bioware doesn't do controller support on their PC titles. Even the obviously consolized ones. It's irritating but that's their stance.

As for DA1 correct, it's not a very controller optimized game and depending on how you play you potentially could be switching back and forth between party members in overhead/isometric view and casting spells and what not so I can't imagine doing that with a controller. That game was in development for a long time and it was definitely designed for the PC and a keyboard and mouse, unlike DA2.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I say he gets a promotion to handle ALL things video game related!

edit: While I'm here and Dragon Age is still on sale, neither has controller support, right? And even if I did find a way to use one isn't the combat is just click and wait?[/QUOTE]

That's a massively oversimplified way to explain Dragon Age's combat, but yeah, you can pause, queue up commands, and everything is based on rolls and such. It's very much like Baldur's Gate.

I don't think you'd want to use a controller on DA:O, anyway, to be honest.

Edit: You have a way of sneaking in before people, Motoki...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
We don't match getgamesgo. I don't even know who they are. That being said we'll have a Sega sale at one point in July with that title in it.
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding, and I'll hold off then and wait for that sale. Hopefully it comes before the steam summer sale starts.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey thanks man :).
I know CAG isn't the best place to talk about Pre-orders and new releases but that is a big part of my focus this year as well, moving units and excitement around new product like Borderlands 2, COD Black Ops 2, etc. if you know people that aren't as CAGGY and pre-order, tell them Amazon is a good place to do it from :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to touch on this. I think there are some of us who are willing to do pre-orders sometimes on a game we really want and are pretty sure about. It's just that the bulk of the games most of us buy are the ones that maybe we want but aren't absolutely dying for or maybe aren't sure enough about to pay full price etc.

If I pre-order something it's got to be something I know will get bumped to the top of my list and played immediately, which is rare but does happen. On the other hand if I get a game 75% off or part of some crazy bundle package deal then I don't feel so bad if it gets added to the ever growing backlog.

That said, if I do pre-order vs buying on release then I want something for that. A small discount or pre-order bonus etc. Otherwise there is not much point to pre-ordering vs buying on release.

I also buy collector's editions sometimes and I kind of wish there was a way to get the game in digital format immediately on release and then have the physical goodies shipped to me. I don't know how doable something like that would be, but if it ever were to happen on a game I'm really interested in I would definitely prefer that route. It's annoying to sit around read about everyone else enjoying this game that you are really anticipating but can't play yet because you're waiting for the delivery guy to bring your collector's edition box.

I know, first world problems. :p

[quote name='Eldredpe']
Edit: You have a way of sneaking in before people, Motoki...[/QUOTE]

Sorry. :whistle2:#

[quote name='LazyTriangle']will all the games on the 2K strategy pack come with Steam keys, I know Civ V is steamworks so it probably will but what about the others[/QUOTE]

Good question. I'll add this to the OP. The current packs don't contain Steam keys for games we've recently gotten them for (Bioshock, Civ IV, etc.) our Ops team is working on this but they aren't done yet.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back