Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Let me research this further and get back to you. This is a regular question and I'll put the answer on the OP.

Also...go Browns...[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I am ready to buy Dead Island and TDU2 right now with my $45 in credit. And always nice to see another Browns fan!

So, is Test Drive Unlimited 2 PC any good?

What racers can this one be really compared to?

I've played tons already, over the years, including games like...
DIRT 2;
NFS: Most Wanted, Carbon, Undercover, Hot Pursuit [2010];
Burnout: Paradise - The Ultimate Box;
Midnight Club 2.

Just installed it on my daughter's PC, couldn't believe it was $3.99 when I went back to buy it. We had a busy couple of days... But she reminded me about putting TDU2 on her PC this afternoon.

Awesome deal.

[quote name='Justin42']Thanks for getting back to me! Sadly it means I have to pass on this game. I'm sure many people have no problems with Securom, but I have no interest in finding out whether or not my computer is one of those that it chooses to really mess with. :/

But my other point stands, type of DRM does strongly influence my purchasing decisions so knowing that up front would be really, really helpful.[/QUOTE]

I have had this game on my PC since day one, and have played it often. No problems with the DRM. In fact, this is one of those nice cases...

This one auto-updates when you start the game, when they patch it. This is DRM that most of us can live with. If and when they shut down the server, just crack the game like everyone that stole it did. For now, nice job by the developers.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Thank you! I am ready to buy Dead Island and TDU2 right now with my $45 in credit. And always nice to see another Browns fan![/QUOTE]

When you click on "Buy and Download" there should be an option for "Gift Codes & Promotions" under the "Complete Purchase" box.

Do you see this?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']When you click on "Buy and Download" there should be an option for "Gift Codes & Promotions" under the "Complete Purchase" box.

Do you see this?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Okay, I see what happened. It took me to a page to enter my credit card info (I already have it stored on my account so I thought it was strange it was asking me) and up top it said review and purchase so I figured if I hit continue it would go to the download page and process the purchase so I just never hit continue. But I just hit continue and see the gift cards and promotions box. Thanks Tony.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Okay, I see what happened. It took me to a page to enter my credit card info (I already have it stored on my account so I thought it was strange it was asking me) and up top it said review and purchase so I figured if I hit continue it would go to the download page and process the purchase so I just never hit continue. But I just hit continue and see the gift cards and promotions box. Thanks Tony.[/QUOTE]

No worries, just glad we got you sorted :)

[quote name='fastitocalon']I know I'm a weirdo for wanting this but man gimme Hunted: The Demon's Forge for $10 again, I missed it cause my wife had a baby lol.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! Also, hug your wife! Her timing was good, Hunted is not a very good game anyway.

I bought it at full price, and honestly I'm not sure how I'd feel if I bought it for $10. I won't waste space trashing it further, plenty of that all over the internet. The PC has seen a LOT of good/drastically better games this year...

Hey guys,

Quick question about TDU2, because for $4 i can't pass it up.
My graphics card at the moment is horrible, and apparently cannot run TDU2 at all. Will I have any trouble installing the game? I want to buy it now then get a new video card later.

[quote name='LakeShow16']Hey guys,

Quick question about TDU2, because for $4 i can't pass it up.
My graphics card at the moment is horrible, and apparently cannot run TDU2 at all. Will I have any trouble installing the game? I want to buy it now then get a new video card later.[/QUOTE]

Your graphics card shouldn't affect installation, also you can always redownload the game as it lives in your digital locker :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']New releases for 20% off added: Dungeons: The Dark Lord, Men of War Vietnam Special Edition[/QUOTE]

Gonna add anything else new or old to the club? :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Your graphics card shouldn't affect installation, also you can always redownload the game as it lives in your digital locker :)[/QUOTE]

Don't know if he wants to activate it after install, though - if he gonna change the vid-card eventually.

Changing video card on a Securom-activated game = you better deacitvate game [usually w/ revoke tool or w/ a uninstall] and then reactivate the game.
Otherwise, you'll lose an install....unless the game has simultaneous unlimited install count allowed.

[quote name='MysterD']Gonna add anything else new or old to the club? :p[/QUOTE]

This particular page will always contain new releases, so probably not on the "old"...but we'll continue to have select new games for 20% off as we move forward ;)

Was there ever a DEMO released for Test Drive Unlimited 2 on the PC?
When does the $4 sale for Test Drive Unlimted 2 PC end?

Not sure about a TDU2 Demo, the TDU2 deal runs through the end of Sunday. I would pick it up during the day on Sunday at the latest if you want to make sure to catch the deal.

Apologies for the brevity, responding from mobile.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not sure about a TDU2 Demo, the TDU2 deal runs through the end of Sunday. I would pick it up during the day on Sunday at the latest if you want to make sure to catch the deal.

Apologies for the brevity, responding from mobile.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Actually, that answer was perfect.
It answered all my questions, basically.

Looked around via Google, doesn't look like TDU2 had a Demo.
Like probably many other huge-as-hell games, that kinda does make sense...

Updated with "Darkspore" for $11.99 - 60% off. Hope you all enjoy this week's Deal of the Week!

I DO believe this is the lowest price this game has ever been, correct me if I am wrong though.

Anyone excited for Driver tomorrow?

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Yeah i want this game bad, just wish steam would do a sale already[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I saw this around 7am this morning but held back since it doesn't appear to be activateable on Steam.

Grrr, I really wanted to try this game and this is a nice price. My hangup isn't about Steam, though, it's more that I've overspent lately and need to freeze my game-buying budget (especially on digital games that I can't trade or re-sell later).

[quote name='loomis1975']Good deal on Darkspore Tony. What this about Driver tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Glad you like it :) Was just checking to see who was excited about the NEW RELEASE of Driver tomorrow (wink wink).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Progamer665']Deus Ex Augmented for the PC is $47. How do I get it for $40?[/QUOTE]

My fault, I didn't change it from the initial 30% off sale price.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've changed it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='utopianmachine']I want Darkspore, but I want it through Steam.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Utopian, sounds like this DoW might not be for you. Hopefully you'll be able to take advantage of future offers though :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry Utopian, sounds like this DoW might not be for you. Hopefully you'll be able to take advantage of future offers though :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Believe me, if it's Steam activateable, I strongly consider the deal. :D

[quote name='solaris389']No benefit to activating this one on Steam.[/QUOTE]

They like the convenience.

On a brighter note, I'm pretty sure the game registers on Origin. The one I bought from Impulse did, so I don't see why the CD key you get from Amazon wouldn't.

[quote name='atreyuevr']They like the convenience.

On a brighter note, I'm pretty sure the game registers on Origin. The one I bought from Impulse did, so I don't see why the CD key you get from Amazon wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Fine, but it's getting kind of silly. Is it really so bad to have the other clients around too? Origin is fine, so was the old "EA Downloader" thing.

All I'm saying is that if you want Darkspore, and don't have it already... Well this is a pretty good deal. Steam isn't terribly relevant on this one.

[quote name='solaris389']Fine, but it's getting kind of silly. Is it really so bad to have the other clients around too? Origin is fine, so was the old "EA Downloader" thing.

All I'm saying is that if you want Darkspore, and don't have it already... Well this is a pretty good deal. Steam isn't terribly relevant on this one.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I agree with you, and that's why I have games across many different sources and clients. It's the best deal that gets me, not the convenience, with a couple exceptions. ;)

[quote name='atreyuevr']Honestly I agree with you, and that's why I have games across many different sources and clients. It's the best deal that gets me, not the convenience, with a couple exceptions. ;)[/QUOTE]

Awesome. We should start a club or something... The folks that could care less what PC game client we use. A dieing breed.

So after all of the off-topic stuff... Hey Tony, any word on pre-orders yet?

As a new PC gamer, I like using one client, primarily, for all my gaming needs. It keeps things as...console-ish as possible. Besides, Steam's client is superior to anything else I've used, so unless it's something I'm dying to play, I can wait for it to be on sale through Steam.

[quote name='utopianmachine']As a new PC gamer, I like using one client, primarily, for all my gaming needs. It keeps things as...console-ish as possible. Besides, Steam's client is superior to anything else I've used, so unless it's something I'm dying to play, I can wait for it to be on sale through Steam.[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean for my comments to be directed just toward you, don't sweat it. I've just seen SO MANY POSTS asking if games activate on Steam (when the poster could find out for themselves). Then have seen so many more talking about how they'd buy something if it was on Steam. It's grated on me for a while.

I love using Steam, sure. I do. It's easy, convenient, all of that. On the other hand, I love seeing new PC games going into development.

If EA gets a bigger share of the money pie by selling on Amazon (Or Origin or whatever they choose to use), I'm all for it. Just so long as it doesn't break the game or annoy me somehow, the clients don't bother me.

Publishers are free to go for the biggest piece of the pie they can get, as far as I'm concerned. Just keep supporting the PC platform.

And I'm off topic again. I quit now.

Hey Tony, A Game of Thrones, yay or nay?

[quote name='solaris389']Didn't mean for my comments to be directed just toward you, don't sweat it. I've just seen SO MANY POSTS asking if games activate on Steam (when the poster could find out for themselves). Then have seen so many more talking about how they'd buy something if it was on Steam. It's grated on me for a while.

I love using Steam, sure. I do. It's easy, convenient, all of that. On the other hand, I love seeing new PC games going into development.

If EA gets a bigger share of the money pie by selling on Amazon (Or Origin or whatever they choose to use), I'm all for it. Just so long as it doesn't break the game or annoy me somehow, the clients don't bother me.

Publishers are free to go for the biggest piece of the pie they can get, as far as I'm concerned. Just keep supporting the PC platform.

And I'm off topic again. I quit now.

Hey Tony, A Game of Thrones, yay or nay?[/QUOTE]

Good post buddy, and I agree, I don't think anyone on the thread is being hostile. I'm certainly not trying to be :). I think you can tell that when we have a steam compatible game I'm pretty quick to point it out. Just isn't the case with this one.

Lastly, Winter is most definitely coming.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='atreyuevr']

On a brighter note, I'm pretty sure the game registers on Origin. The one I bought from Impulse did, so I don't see why the CD key you get from Amazon wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

It does activate on Origin. I just bought it and activated it to my account. Thanks Tony for the good deal!

For those hung up on Steam : Get used to using Origin as well. EA seems intent on using their own client for their products, so unless you plan to never playing any new EA games on the PC, you're probably going to have to have at least two clients on your PC -- and this game activates on one of them. It's not exactly the end of the world.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']wish it was steam activateable![/QUOTE]

Why would a EA game activate up on Steam?
Love it or hate it, EA has Origin.
Expect a lot MORE of their games to be using Origin and requiring it, as well - see the upcoming BF3 and SW:TOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back