Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drakspore it terrfic, especially if you have a few friends to play co-op with. Also, the developer has done a terrifc job of continuing to patch/update the game based on fan feedback.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Added Game of Thrones: Genesis[/QUOTE]

I bought it, and confirm that it did activate just fine on Steam. Steam says it's around 7 gb installed.

[quote name='BREVITY']I cant seem to activate DarkSpore on Steam. Ideas?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't activate on Steam, it activates on Origin, as it's an EA game.

[quote name='BREVITY']Tnx. That sucks. I am not a Origin fan.[/QUOTE]

No problem man. I'm not at all either, but it's a sacrifice I've made for better deals. We have to learn to live with it, because that's what EA is planning on using from now on, unfortunately... Damn Crysis 2...

Sorry for the confusion here, I try to make it super clear what activates on Steam by adding " - activates on steam" next to the deal.

Are you enjoying the game though?

Cheers,
Tony

Same here but I felt Darkspore was worth dealing with Origin. I may be in the minority but I feel that it is very enjoyable game with a lot of content and frequent updates.

[quote name='RColaUAB']Same here but I felt Darkspore was worth dealing with Origin. I may be in the minority but I feel that it is very enjoyable game with a lot of content and frequent updates.[/QUOTE]

I may not like Origin, but I'd be damned if I let that stop me from playing EA games. Spore, Darkspore, Mirror's Edge, all titles that I have on Origin that are SO worth the extra client. A very minor sidestep to play these amazing games.

Man, Darkspore looks like fun, but I want it to be a little cheaper. :( I try not to buy games unless they are 66% off retail. Someone convince me to buy this game and stop being so cheap lol. Has it ever gone on sale before?

[quote name='randomdud']Man, Darkspore looks like fun, but I want it to be a little cheaper. :( I try not to buy games unless they are 66% off retail. Someone convince me to buy this game and stop being so cheap lol. Has it ever gone on sale before?[/QUOTE]

I'm obviously bias but in this case you're talking about $2.09 as the difference between 60 and 66% on a 4-star rated game that your fellow CAGs have said is a good pickup.

I picked up a copy, and although I haven't played a ton of it, I'm loving it so far.

Just my two cents :). By the way, the insight on the 6% difference being important is helpful and I appreciate the honest feedback!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm obviously bias but in this case you're talking about $2.09 as the difference between 60 and 66% on a 4-star rated game that your fellow CAGs have said is a good pickup.[/QUOTE]

For the most part we're pretty hardcore when it comes to being cheap. :lol:

[quote name='hal']For the most part we're pretty hardcore when it comes to being cheap. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've noticed! It is a good litmus test for deal pricing though, so I'm glad you're so vocal about it. To be fair though, this is the lowest this game has been by a longshot based on the research I've done. I think the next best sale on this title has been $25.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I've noticed! It is a good litmus test for deal pricing though, so I'm glad you're so vocal about it. To be fair though, this is the lowest this game has been by a longshot based on the research I've done. I think the next best sale on this title has been $25.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Damn, I think I'm going to have to bite with the knowledge that this is the best sale on the game so far. That 6% is what keeps me from going insane on Steam sales sometimes, so I established a guideline for myself to only buy games at 66% off or more. I've broken that guideline only once or twice in the last year and the two games I purchased were some of my most played titles (Borderlands- 250 hours PC, Borderlands 250 hours PS3) The second Borderlands 2 goes to 50% off or so, I'm gonna say "Screw the rules! I have money!" :lol:

Edit: where do you go to see the CD key for downloadable games on Amazon? I'd like to register it on Origin or whatever. :D

[quote name='randomdud']Damn, I think I'm going to have to bite with the knowledge that this is the best sale on the game so far. That 6% is what keeps me from going insane on Steam sales sometimes, so I established a guideline for myself to only buy games at 66% off or more. I've broken that guideline only once or twice in the last year and the two games I purchased were some of my most played titles (Borderlands- 250 hours PC, Borderlands 250 hours PS3) The second Borderlands 2 goes to 50% off or so, I'm gonna say "Screw the rules! I have money!" :lol:

Edit: where do you go to see the CD key for downloadable games on Amazon? I'd like to register it on Origin or whatever. :D[/QUOTE]

Woohoo! Glad you picked it up! You find your keys in "your digital items" located just above the cart symbol in the upper right area of whatever page you are on. Once you click on that link just click through to "your games and software library" and look for the are that has "Games and Software" as the header. Once you click you will arrive at your "Games and Software. Just find your product key there and you are good to go!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Woohoo! Glad you picked it up! You find your keys in "your digital items" located just above the cart symbol in the upper right area of whatever page you are on. Once you click on that link just click through to "your games and software library" and look for the are that has "Games and Software" as the header. Once you click you will arrive at your "Games and Software. Just find your product key there and you are good to go!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick reply. Just got Darkspore registered on Origin. Time to go convince some friends to buy it now. >:S

[quote name='brettsp']Looks like I just missed the darkspore deal...Oh well... I'll catch it the next time...[/QUOTE]
Dammit. I didn't have time to convince my friends yet. :(

[quote name='brettsp']Looks like I just missed the darkspore deal...Oh well... I'll catch it the next time...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='randomdud']Dammit. I didn't have time to convince my friends yet. :([/QUOTE]

This has been fixed and the deal will run through the end of today (so until midnight) if randomdud still has friends to convince and brettsp wants to pick it up (you can catch it this time!)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='utopianmachine']Definitely a great price.[/QUOTE]

Glad you think so...I have been trying to bring better deals to you guys with each week. I think you'll really love what we've got for you next week. I'll be posting it in a few hours, stay tuned!

Normally, I would jump on this at this price, but I'm trying to hold off on these hack n slash dungeon crawlers until Diablo 3.

Great price though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Added new Deal of the Week: $5 for King's Bounty - Platinum Edition!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Party on!!!

I can personally recommend this game especially to the people who liked Heroes of M&M. Plus this is (without a doubt) the cheapest I have seen this package ever.

3 games or a happy meal. Not a tough choice guys ;)

So some of my favorite games of all time would be Final Fantasy Tactics and Vandal Hearts, would this be along similar lines? Can anyone with similar tastes recommend this?

I can't tell if its quite as hero and character driven. Also, Ive never played HMM.

Seriously, anyone who has more then $5 in their bank account needs to purchase this. It's a no-brainer.

I'm currently (slowly) playing through Armored Princess which I picked up from Gamestop a few months ago for $5. And I thought that was a steal! Even though I've played through half of The Legend in the past, I'm tempted to get this just for Crossworlds.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Added new Deal of the Week: $5 for King's Bounty - Platinum Edition!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The original game is worth the $5 alone. The other 2 games are a bonus!

This is definitely a very good price for a very good collection.

However, this is not the cheapest that King's Bounty Platinum has ever been. Devoted CAGs will remember it being $2.19 at Gamersgate on August 14th. :D

Just a note on my experiences with Darkspore.

Darkspore: frustrating as heck to install/run correctly. Has trouble finding the server, trouble connecting to the server if it manages to find it, and the thing seems to believe my firewall is ALWAYS running unless I turn off my entire protection system. I added exceptions for this game, but it says "noooooo u." Not to mention I can't alt-tab on my Laptop. I'm going to try installing on my desktop and see how it fares here, but so far I'm unhappy with my purchase because of this extremely poor optimization. Please don't tell me I wasted 12$...

[quote name='PenguinJim']This is definitely a very good price for a very good collection.

However, this is not the cheapest that King's Bounty Platinum has ever been. Devoted CAGs will remember it being $2.19 at Gamersgate on August 14th. :D[/QUOTE]

When I saw this post I immediately thought to myself, "Tony, how did you miss this!"

So I researched further and found the following:

"Sale is good for 24 hours.

For about an hour it was $2.19, guess they fixed the price mistake.
"

So I will re-phrase, this is the lowest this price has actually been without a pricing error.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='randomdud']Just a note on my experiences with Darkspore.

Darkspore: frustrating as heck to install/run correctly. Has trouble finding the server, trouble connecting to the server if it manages to find it, and the thing seems to believe my firewall is ALWAYS running unless I turn off my entire protection system. I added exceptions for this game, but it says "noooooo u." Not to mention I can't alt-tab on my Laptop. I'm going to try installing on my desktop and see how it fares here, but so far I'm unhappy with my purchase because of this extremely poor optimization. Please don't tell me I wasted 12$...[/QUOTE]

Hey there Randomdud,

Send me a PM when we get a chance so we can resolve this without hijacking the thread :).

Cheers,
Tony

$5 for King's Bounty Platinum is a no brainer for genre fans or anyone curious about the genre. Great deal Tony. Keep em comin.

I could never finish these games but they were a lot of fun, I agree with speedracer on this being a no brainer if you have even a passing interest.

Is King's Bounty one of the titles that can be activated on Steam after purchasing it through Amazon? I assume not? I got it off Amazon a little while ago, and I am trying to use the "activate a product on Steam" thing, and I click on it, and enter my CD key, and it says "this is not a valid CD key" -- but I don't know if I am doing something wrong, I've never done this process before.

[quote name='chopper']Is King's Bounty one of the titles that can be activated on Steam after purchasing it through Amazon? I assume not? I got it off Amazon a little while ago, and I am trying to use the "activate a product on Steam" thing, and I click on it, and enter my CD key, and it says "this is not a valid CD key" -- but I don't know if I am doing something wrong, I've never done this process before.[/QUOTE]

The King's Bounty games are NOT on that list of games that can be Steam-activated.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I bought this KB Collection a bit ago from Steam.

I have played KB: The Legend - and that's seriously worth the $5 alone.
Getting the rest of the collection = REALLY GOOD DEAL.
I haven't finished KB: The Legend.

I did try KB: Armored Princess demo, some time back.
And yes, I liked it.

[quote name='chopper']Is King's Bounty one of the titles that can be activated on Steam after purchasing it through Amazon? I assume not? I got it off Amazon a little while ago, and I am trying to use the "activate a product on Steam" thing, and I click on it, and enter my CD key, and it says "this is not a valid CD key" -- but I don't know if I am doing something wrong, I've never done this process before.[/QUOTE]

First and foremost, thanks for taking advantage of the deal this week.

To answer your question:

This isn't a title that you can activate on Steam, you can add it to your steam library though using the "Add a non-steam game"

I think this video is a pretty straightforward explanation of how this functionality works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJZjOy3Vr04

Does this help? Let me know if you have any other questions!

EDIT: I also wanted to note that I try to list "Activates on Steam" next to titles that this applies to.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='chopper']Is King's Bounty one of the titles that can be activated on Steam after purchasing it through Amazon? I assume not? [/QUOTE]

You assume correctly.

Great set of games at a great price. Good job Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']First and foremost, thanks for taking advantage of the deal this week.

To answer your question:

This isn't a title that you can activate on Steam, you can add it to your steam library though using the "Add a non-steam game"

I think this video is a pretty straightforward explanation of how this functionality works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJZjOy3Vr04

Does this help? Let me know if you have any other questions!

EDIT: I also wanted to note that I try to list "Activates on Steam" next to titles that this applies to.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's an old Steam video - Steam looks much better and slicker, these days. :p

You can now also activate a non-Steam game from clicking on lower-left hand corner where it says "Add A game".
Then, "Add A Non-Steam game".
Then, you get that drop-down box that scans your PC for EXE files and games [like your vid shows].
And you can add from there.

Guys who use Steam, you might want to keep this link bookmarked - this is the [often updated] Official List of Steam-activated games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back