Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Slim Gatsby']That, too. No DRM is cool, but I'm a Steam junkie, haha![/QUOTE]

+1 :imwithst:

Can't help but nod at all the irresistible deals that have sprung up on Amazon as of late (Payday, MW2, Divinity, etc.)

Personally, I'm inclined to purchase any (sub $12) quality game, provided it'll activate on Steam. IMO its simply the convenience of having access to an entire game library on one client, plus an option to manage downloads/installs of game mods or updates- all from one place. So, given that 95% of the games I've accumulated over the years are already on there, it just feels less than tidy to additionally keep track of games purchased elsewhere. Also, certain community features- such as being able to send game invites to contacts while in-game- make it easy for me to stick with one client/service. And I'd wager there are others who feel the same way.

(Not to mention achievements and the like.. that while arguably pointless, are often fun to hunt down. :bouncy:)

Funny to see all these DRM-free Ubisoft games. I thought they hated PC gamers.

Aside from EA, they're pretty much the only major publisher that hasn't adopted Steamworks.

I'm a Steam Junkie too. BUT, If the game doesn't have achievements, I don't care buying elsewhere and adding the game to the Steam client as a non Steam game. It will not track the hours played and other stuff, but I managed to live almost 25 years without that features, so... xD

Thanks to Amazon's awesome January $5.00 coupon deal I was able to buy Civ V (from Amazon) plus all of the download content (from steam) for just 19 cents more than the GOTY version plus missing DLC. That makes my completist self happy.

Interestingly though Steam would not let me buy Civ V DLC on my first try because I did not have Civ 5 in my game library as I hadn't activated the Amazon purchase yet. I wish they did not have that restriction since you can't take advantage of good DLC content deals without owning the associated game first. While I am a completist I don't always feel the need to complete tasks in order. :)

Now to decide which Ubisoft games I want. I don't own any of them!

i'm also interested in this deal , buy one get one free !!!
japan1.gif

Not much interested in this weeks deals...many of those games are mediocre to bad....

AC1 is the only gem....And thats saying it nicely.

has anyone tried to use their gif cards with the buy one get one sale? I got into trouble with the last sale trying to buy a bunch of games at the same time (credit card authorization/blah) so this time around I was giong to buy myself a gift card and use that but only if it's not going to mess up the credit you get for the free games. thanks

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Well I got AC1, but now I have no idea what else I want. haha. What is the best game on that list other than Assassin's Creed?[/QUOTE]

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is arguably the best game on the list (and also the best game in the series). The game also comes with a co-op campaign for extended fun with a friend :D

[quote name='Rerujnoc']This discussion about Farcry 2's price made me want to look up how much I paid for it. I paid $14.99 for it on Steam on 3-26-2009. That was almost three years ago.[/QUOTE]

I got it for FREE years ago when I bought a new graphics card!!!

(still not played it mind you....)

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is arguably the best game on the list (and also the best game in the series). The game also comes with a co-op campaign for extended fun with a friend :D[/QUOTE]

Hell yes to this.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I got it for FREE years ago when I bought a new graphics card!!!

(still not played it mind you....)[/QUOTE]

Me too. It's on like 6 CDs located in my basement

EA is having a 50% off everything on Origin right now, any chance of a price match on that? I know the games will be through Origin but I'd rather give you guys some of the money than all of it straight to EA.

[quote name='Mugatu']EA is having a 50% off everything on Origin right now, any chance of a price match on that? I know the games will be through Origin but I'd rather give you guys some of the money than all of it straight to EA.[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony,
I second this for a pricematch if possible please :D .
Here is a link to the sale you have to click more items to see them all,
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en...-2011?easid=Origin-SPRINGSALE_Web_Hero_BuyNow

I'm hoping to see the sims 3 master suites pricematched b/c I gotta pick that up for someone (it is on sale for $9.99 ) and Battlefield 3 and Saints Row the Third would be good ones to pricematch as welll. The more the merrier for pricematches :D. Any chance of this Tony? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='monkeyz']Hey Tony,
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en...-2011?easid=Origin-SPRINGSALE_Web_Hero_BuyNow

I'm hoping to see the sims 3 master suites pricematched b/c I gotta pick that up for someone (it is on sale for $9.99 ) and Battlefield 3 and Saints Row the Third would be good ones to pricematch as welll. The more the merrier for pricematches :D. Any chance of this Tony? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I'd imagine an entire store sale price match isn't happening.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'd imagine an entire store sale price match isn't happening.[/QUOTE]

No kidding... might as well ask for pigs to fly. ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Well, we could ask for maybe SOME of the really good Origin deals and see if he'd match some of those... ;)[/QUOTE]

But what if someone paid more last week! :lol:

[quote name='Drabelincoln']But what if someone paid more last week! :lol:[/QUOTE]
Hey, it happens, unfortunately - especially in the PC market; even more so especially in the digital download PC market.

I'd guess some of the BETTER deals Origin has like Battlefield 3 for $30 and its Back to Karkand DLC for $7.49 would be worth Amazon matching. Some gamers would be all over that. ;)
Though, I'm still gonna wait on BF3, since it looks like it'll have DLC City - at least 3 more planned.

[quote name='MysterD']Hey, it happens, unfortunately - especially in the PC market; even more so especially in the digital download PC market.

I'd guess some of the BETTER deals Origin has like Battlefield 3 for $30 and its Back to Karkand DLC for $7.49 would be worth Amazon matching. Some gamers would be all over that. ;)
Though, I'm still gonna wait on BF3, since it looks like it'll have DLC City - at least 3 more planned.[/QUOTE]

Im with you on waiting for BF3...and I was joking up there....I know it happens. Happened to me plenty.....its the game buying game. You get better the more you play.

[quote name='wolve']No kidding... might as well ask for pigs to fly. ;)[/QUOTE]

A girl rejected me in high school with a similar line. If Amazon price matches EA, I'll need to look her up. I hope she's still hot...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

[quote name='gomikeoh']Not much interested in this weeks deals...many of those games are mediocre to bad....

AC1 is the only gem....And thats saying it nicely.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you're not digging the BOGO :( Hopefully next week's sale is something you're more interested in. I can tell you that thousands of people are participating in the promo this week though.

[quote name='Mugatu']EA is having a 50% off everything on Origin right now, any chance of a price match on that? I know the games will be through Origin but I'd rather give you guys some of the money than all of it straight to EA.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='monkeyz']Hey Tony,

I'm hoping to see the sims 3 master suites pricematched b/c I gotta pick that up for someone (it is on sale for $9.99 ) and Battlefield 3 and Saints Row the Third would be good ones to pricematch as welll. The more the merrier for pricematches :D. Any chance of this Tony? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'd imagine an entire store sale price match isn't happening.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wolve']No kidding... might as well ask for pigs to fly. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ceron']Hey Tony, can we expect something special for Saint Patrick's Day?[/QUOTE]

I hadn't though about St. Patty's Day...not sure what we would promote though (games with green heroes?). I'll chew on it though.

[quote name='MysterD']Well, we could ask for maybe SOME of the really good Origin deals and see if he'd match some of those... ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Hey, it happens, unfortunately - especially in the PC market; even more so especially in the digital download PC market.

Though, I'm still gonna wait on BF3, since it looks like it'll have DLC City - at least 3 more planned.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, like the crazy BF3 gift with purchase on Mass Effect 3 pre-orders, this isn't one we'll be matching. That being said, I'll make sure to pay attention to what people are excited about in this sale (BF3/Back to Karkand) and try and bake it into an upcoming promo.

Sorry guys :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry you're not digging the BOGO :( Hopefully next week's sale is something you're more interested in. I can tell you that thousands of people are participating in the promo this week though.

I hadn't though about St. Patty's Day...not sure what we would promote though (games with green heroes?). I'll chew on it though.

[/QUOTE]

The protagonist from The Saboteur is Irish....how about a really nice deal on that game ;)

I know its a stretch...but...eh why not.

Hi - anyone else having problem downloading Call of Juarez? It keeps disconnecting on me, I started last night and I'm not even half way through. My connection is pretty decent (average of 20mbps down) and I was able to download HAWX without any issues. I'm just wondering anyone else is having issues with this game or is it just me.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Tony, thanks for putting up pairs of different game types in the sale. I hate sales where 'they' pair something you like with an unrelated item.

plan to pick up the settler, far cary and juarez duos.

anyone else have the payless song pop into their head each time they type BOGO? very annoying...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Unfortunately, like the crazy BF3 gift with purchase on Mass Effect 3 pre-orders, this isn't one we'll be matching. That being said, I'll make sure to pay attention to what people are excited about in this sale (BF3/Back to Karkand) and try and bake it into an upcoming promo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I understand, Tony.

Saints Row: The Third is $25 on Origin, as well.
SR:TT is ANOTHER game I'd like to see on sale on Amazon DL again - though, probably [at least] a bit cheaper than the above said price, sometime down the line... ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No problems, thanks for the reply!

I already own all of the games on sale this week that I want. So, there is nothing for me. Which isn't a bad thing since I already have more than enough to play. I am still digging on Football Manager 2012. :)

I will give my suggestions on what in this sale is worth getting and what is not. This is _entirely_ my opinion so feel free to discard it if you wish.

Must buys if you do not own:
Far Cry
COJ: Bound in Blood
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Solid buys:
Call of Juarez
HAWX

Avoid:
End War
Far Cry 2
Asassins Creed 1
Rainbow Six (both games)
GR: AW 2

I know people will likely get upset at my 'avoid' list but IMO, there are so many cheap alternatives that do it better than those games. AC1 only served to annoy the crap out of me. AC2 is cheap on the regular and is literally 100x the game AC1 is. End War was pretty dang sorry. I'd rather play most FPS military shooters than AW2. Far Cry 2 was lousy IMHO. Too many repetitive, meaningless quests just to fill game time. The controls felt clunky and unnatural.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']The protagonist from The Saboteur is Irish....how about a really nice deal on that game ;)

I know its a stretch...but...eh why not.[/QUOTE]

I bought that game from Amazon awhile back when they had it for $2.99 I think. That was at least a year ago or more. Which reminds me, I need to add it to my backlog. :)

[quote name='avwjase']I bought that game from Amazon awhile back when they had it for $2.99 I think. That was at least a year ago or more. Which reminds me, I need to add it to my backlog. :)[/QUOTE]
Ah yeah it was like 6.99 a few months back..

Thanks to the OP. I jumped on Settlers:RoaE and Assassins Creed (already have it on PS3, however the additional content makes this the copy to play on the next run through).

A couple of notes for those who haven't taken the bait yet....
FarCry 2 has issues with Windows 7 (I would have gotten it instead if not for this issue) and FarCry 1 is 32-bit only. I am not aware of anyone being able to use compatibility mode to fix it's many issues. I did see someone using registry hacks to get it up and running, but admitted it was unstable. Just FYI. Still, Fantastic deals, and for those who dual-boot it's not an issue. Thanks again.

Also jumped on PayDay: The Heist. That was way to good to pass up. XD

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Ah yeah it was like 6.99 a few months back..[/QUOTE]

It was 2010 when I bought it. I want to say it was $3? I know it was less than $6.99. It was the first game I ever bought from Amazon.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I think this is the first time Far Cry 2 has been DRM free. I may just bite on it for that.[/QUOTE]

I bought the digital version of Far Cry 2 from Amazon about a year ago, and I did not notice any DRM. There was no activation process, and I did not even need the serial number for the single-player game.

I suspect that some of these titles were already DRM free on Amazon and are now just being advertised as such.

Hey, awesome! You mentioning The Saboteur reminded me that I bought it and I just found out it registers on Origin too. Sweetness. Now I won't forget that I own it because it will be staring at me each time I load Origin to play BF3. :)

I second The Saboteur. That would be a pretty decent sale for St. Patrick's Day.

Or maybe a shooter sale? Red Orchestra 2 would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the 2 CoJ games. I played the second one a while back on console & loved it but traded it off, and I never got around to playing the original. Hard to argue with $5 for both - thanks Tony! :D

[quote name='walkonshadows']Thanks to the OP. I jumped on Settlers:RoaE and Assassins Creed (already have it on PS3, however the additional content makes this the copy to play on the next run through).

FarCry 2 has issues with Windows 7 (I would have gotten it instead if not for this issue) and FarCry 1 is 32-bit only. I am not aware of anyone being able to use compatibility mode to fix it's many issues. I did see someone using registry hacks to get it up and running, but admitted it was unstable. Just FYI. Still, Fantastic deals, and for those who dual-boot it's not an issue. Thanks again.

Also jumped on PayDay: The Heist. That was way to good to pass up. XD[/QUOTE]

What particular issue do you mean? I just installed the game last night on a Win7 64-bit Pro system and have no issue running and playing the game in DX10 (so far).
Old System: [email protected], 4GB DDR2, IDE harddrive, 8800GTX 768MB.

These DRM free sales pushed me over to picking up an Amazon Prime subscription. Just wanted to share an anecdotal non-gaming side effect of these sales! :D

[quote name='avwjase']

Must buys if you do not own:
Far Cry

Avoid:
Far Cry 2

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what makes Far Cry a good buy but Far Cry 2 a bad buy. I never played either. All I know is they were developed by different studios. Does the original Far Cry hold up well since 2004?

As I understand it, the complaints about Far Cry 2 revolve around repetitiveness (helps to stick to main story only?), enemies being bullet sponges (I *hate* this in all games, but there's a mod that increases bullet damage so it only takes a bullet or two per enemy), and respawning enemies (any way to avoid?).

I just poked my head in to be all, "AY TONY!" and ask about the Origins pricemtch, too...mmm, especially if we can get Mass Effect 2 and Gotham City Impostors that are steamable...

[quote name='rgd2blck']These DRM free sales pushed me over to picking up an Amazon Prime subscription. Just wanted to share an anecdotal non-gaming side effect of these sales! :D

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what makes Far Cry a good buy but Far Cry 2 a bad buy. I never played either. All I know is they were developed by different studios. Does the original Far Cry hold up well since 2004?

As I understand it, the complaints about Far Cry 2 revolve around repetitiveness (helps to stick to main story only?), enemies being bullet sponges (I *hate* this in all games, but there's a mod that increases bullet damage so it only takes a bullet or two per enemy), and respawning enemies (any way to avoid?).[/QUOTE]

Not sure why people are not jumping on Far Cry 2. I loved the game on 360. It isn't game of the year like material, but it can be a lot of fun.

Repetitive. Yup. Not very challenging. Sure. Not much of a story. Yup. Enemies that respawn at the checkpoint you cleared out 5minutes ago. Yeah from time to time. But I had a ton of fun with this game.

I remember enjoying planning how to take out a convoy, setting mines, hiding behind a tree. Waiting around and blowing stuff up. I could have just blown up every thing with some rocket launcher, but dang it was fun trying to stick to a plan, and running the heck away when things got out of hand.

85 metacritic. About what i would give it. A solid 8.5.

Maybe I was able to enjoy it because I never played Far Cry and had no expectations.

Been waiting on a sale for Call of Juarez. Too bad it was never below $10 on Steam but considering a BOGO for $5, a sweet deal.

Now I don't know what to get for the free game. It's probably gonna be one of the Rayman games. Then again, I wonder if you felt bad like I do when you have to throw a cow like a shotput on one of the mini-games :cry: :lol:

Hmmm from all the hate that Double Agent gets, I am quite surprise to see that the game has a 80 percentile on Metacritic (lowest of the series). That actually now has made me reconsider grabbing it hehe. Their is actually an interesting article on Metacritic with some critical score overview on the Splinter Cell series and other Tom Clancy franchises.

Oh I also found this list of additional DRM free Ubisoft PC games not in the sale (either released as or patched; again not sure which version Amazon has).
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
CSI: NY
Heroes of Might and Magic V [patched]
Lost: Via Domus
Prince of Persia
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hunter IV: U-Boat Mission
World in Conflict [patched]
World in Conflict: Complete Edition
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault

[quote name='walkonshadows']

[/QUOTE]
Isn't there supposed to be an AMD 64 patch for farcry 1? has anyone been able to run it patched on win7 64? I really want to play this but not going to go through the trouble of dual booting.

EDIT: looks like both 1 and 2 are sold out / unavailable. hopefully there'll be more keys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back