Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
People worried about grouping in tsw. Group early and often. Everyone is on the same playing level early on. The community doesn't get douchey until you need to run nightmare instances. I'll help anyone in game if they want.

speaking of AWAU...when da fuq are they gonna release episode 2 already?
They should be announcing release date this month. Oh god I hate episodical releases. At least it gets release before Episode 3 of that.

Edit: I have feeling I did use this joke before...

Well I keep hoping the amazon deals will turn around after the disastrous run for nearly 2 years now. At least amazon is consistent, I give them credit in that regard. Shame they have no idea how awful this crap is due to everyone lining up to kiss Tony's ass. An excellent combo of viral, guerilla marketing and stockholm syndrome.
I am not trying to fight. I am just wondering if you would like to explain or elaborate on this. Amazon has had plenty of success during the past 2 years. That is not to say that they always have the best price at every moment. The market place has become more crowded and competition is good for the consumer. "Lining up to kiss Tony's ass" - I really do not know if you want to come across as a troll or not. I can appreciate that from your perspective you may believe that Tony is receiving a lot of lip service here at CAG or reddit or even slick deals. Nevertheless, I think that you can compare Tony to other reps and might see that he is often more involved and shares information to help the gamers which of course helps the sales. Yes, I like Tony. No I do not kiss his ass, but I do appreciate him whether it is the occasional code drops (such as Defiance and other games recently) or alerting us to upcoming sales, being honest about prices that amazon will or will not do etc... I am not saying that amazon is perfect, but again, you may want to consider elaborating on your post as to not to come across as hostile or condescending. Just my thought, in any event I hope that you have a great weekend and find good game deals.

Wasn't Ace Patrol supposed to be $5.99 before coupon?
Ace Patrol is 2k, which I believe Tony stated that 2k would start 1/5 . I also believe that Tony mentioned that he would post 2k stuff later today.

And I thought Hunter version vas Normal version. Digital Deluxe beign the special.
As far as I'm aware the Hunter Edition was a pre-order only version with remaining copies being sold after the fact. If that's incorrect then someone please say otherwise. I haven't downloaded the game yet so I suppose I can't say with certainty, however, I saw nothing in my Origin account stating that it was a hunter edition nor did I see anything on the Amazon listing saying anything of the sort. Only thing I found on amazon in regards to a hunter edition was "HUNTER EDITION GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PRE-ORDER PURCHASES OF CRYSIS 3 (“PRODUCT”)." found in the product description.

They should be announcing release date this month. Oh god I hate episodical releases. At least it gets release before Episode 3 of that.

Edit: I have feeling I did use this joke before...
they said episode 2 would be released shortly after the holidays. it's a little ridiculous

Here is what I got back from Amazon CS...

I know that I couldn't provide you with a satisfactory resolution but hope you try and understand the situation and give us another chance to serve you better in the future.
I'm so expecting you to say, "Sir. I say Sir. I demand satisfaction." ;)

throw it out all you want

CAGers usually play MMO's single player

I think its social anxiety thing
Nah, it's more like, I'm Bloodrose. "Some us play this game to win" ;)

flintlocke_comic9b_1106268068.jpg

bloodrose___magic__the_gathering_by_aeliren85-d67opdu.png

how have you been a member since april 08 but only have 153 games on steam?

you must have really good discipline...or be way pickier than most of us
There's probably a darker non-PC explanation for this.

People worried about grouping in tsw. Group early and often. Everyone is on the same playing level early on. The community doesn't get douchey until you need to run nightmare instances. I'll help anyone in game if they want.
This! It's best to group for all the dungeons you run across while leveling. This way you get to learn your role and how to work with others in a fairly laid-back environment.

I'm looking at Crysis 3... want it... but only played 4hs of Crysis 1, and Crysis 2 remains untouched :wall:
Hah... same. My mind keeps thinking "$5 for Crysis is a great deal" but then I remember that I never stuck with playing C1 past the beginning and don't know if I even started C2.
For what it's worth, I thought Crysis 2 was one of the dullest FPSs I've played in years. The AI was horrid, the powers ironically underpowered, and the plot/dialog/voice acting unbearable. It looks great but that's as far as it goes, so I won't be buying 3 anytime soon if ever.

Just in case you wanted a counter to MysterD's constant praise of anything and everything.

Yep Crysis 2 was a bore and a chore to finish. The first game was much better in that regards.

Can anyone with a coupon get me Crysis 3? I'll pay you back of course.

Thanks Fozbot.

For what it's worth, I thought Crysis 2 was one of the dullest FPSs I've played in years. The AI was horrid, the powers ironically underpowered, and the plot/dialog/voice acting unbearable. It looks great but that's as far as it goes, so I won't be buying 3 anytime soon if ever.

Just in case you wanted a counter to MysterD's constant praise of anything and everything.
I'd buy 1 if there were a deal for it. But there's not, so I won't buy 3, either.

I liked Crysis 2.

{that was my review}

Come on...didn't mysterd not like the second half of some game once?

Anyone know how the Origin keys work with these promo's? Download = link directly to Origin and Online Game code is key? And can either (well, only the key I guess) be gifted to someone in the EU for instance or are they locked? No experience with Origin beyond BF3.

Contrast was on the preliminary EC list a few days ago for 11.99.  Any information as to if that will be the case?  Secondly I'm still trying to determine if the code Amazon is selling is for the Collectors version or not?  Soundtrack included?   I know that those that won the codes yesterday came with it.  

I liked Crysis 2.

{that was my review}
um i ned to finish crysis warhead few more times give me time god damn it heh well ummmmmmmm. i realyl should starting play some games insteead of idling hehe and chating with pasports snakeybro neuro and many many more no mysterd ddont deserve respect the otheeer three does yes u three are my top bro nvaderejim never chats even tho he joins

Contrast was on the preliminary EC list a few days ago for 11.99. Any information as to if that will be the case? Secondly I'm still trying to determine if the code Amazon is selling is for the Collectors version or not? Soundtrack included? I know that those that won the codes yesterday came with it.
I would wait for it to be super cheap (or bundled), regardless if it's the CE or not. I'm almost finished with it right now (you can finish it in around 3-4 hours), and it's more of an extended tech demo than anything. The concept is pretty cool, and I like the art design/music.. but there's not much to the game.

If someone does end up buying it from Amazon though, if it activates as "Contrast Early Access", that means you got the CE.

I bit on: Dead Space 3: Awakened [Online Game Code]

After reading some nasty reviews, it turns out that EA withheld the true ending of the story (EA Style) in this DLC.  Since I acquired DS3 in that Indy Bundle, I don't think I'm out too much $.

Thanks MysterD for *talking* me into it.  ;-)

Contrast was on the preliminary EC list a few days ago for 11.99. Any information as to if that will be the case? Secondly I'm still trying to determine if the code Amazon is selling is for the Collectors version or not? Soundtrack included? I know that those that won the codes yesterday came with it.
Contrast was $3.75 on GMG some days ago, so I was hoping for something even a little better.

Bought The Secret World and Crysis 3 so far.

STILL playing Defiance. I love this game. Then loot is VERY addictive.

TIP: Do NOT hit "Mass Breakdown" in your inventory. I did TWICE, not knowing what it is. It breaks all but equipped and favorited items into resources. I didn't realize the first time because I didn't have many unarchived items.

Anybody else playing it?

I played it for free on PS+ and it's rough around the edges, wouldn't pay more than $5 for it, if that.

I would wait for it to be super cheap (or bundled), regardless if it's the CE or not. I'm almost finished with it right now (you can finish it in around 3-4 hours), and it's more of an extended tech demo than anything. The concept is pretty cool, and I like the art design/music.. but there's not much to the game.

If someone does end up buying it from Amazon though, if it activates as "Contrast Early Access", that means you got the CE.

I'd totally jump on Crysis 3 if there was a deal for the 1st one as well. Since there is not, im not really intrested.

It was pretty clearly a joke... I even added a fake tag (which you quoted) at the end to make absolutely sure it wasn't taken seriously. :whistle2:
So many genuine tantrums it's hard to differentiate. With the current state of the thread, I don't feel like your well-intentioned joke was well timed. :)

So many genuine tantrums it's hard to differentiate. With the current state of the thread, I don't feel like your well-intentioned joke was well timed. :)
Eh. I've been skipping so much posting action because the post pace has been insane the past day or two, so any legit raging I missed entirely. Well, about the contest. I've seen plenty of EC whining.

Eh. I've been skipping so much posting action because the post pace has been insane the past day or two, so any legit raging I missed entirely. Well, about the contest. I've seen plenty of EC whining.
Your intent is mostly being missed due to your lack of avatar. It's been determined that anyone sans-avatar is automatically lumped into commonwealth of generic thread irregulars. [Not that there's anything wrong with that, per se.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back