Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Also,

My EA guy reads CAG, he saw that some of you were sad about missing some of the EA deals so he just hit me up.

We'll be reruning these deals in January at one point, still figuring out timing:

CRYSIS 3

DEAD SPACE 3

NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS

SIMCITY (PC/MAC)

SIMCITY CITIES OF TOMORROW

DEAD SPACE 3 AWAKENED

CRYSIS 3 THE LOST ISLAND

Cheers,

Tony

Download supplies a key for you to use on Origin.

Instant Access ties your Origin account to Amazon PCDD so when you buy an Origin game off Amazon with Instant Access it automatically gets added to your Origin account.
edit -- Ninja'd by Thermopyle

edit 2 - Ninja'd by To Damn High

Cheers,
Tony
This is answered literally over a million times in this thread already.

The answer, though, is that one gives you a code that you redeem yourself on Origin. The other allows you to link the purchase to your Origin account directly from Amazon, so that you immediately have it in your Origin account (instant.)

There's really no functional difference except if you object to linking the accounts or if you're buying the game for somebody else (in case you wouldn't want to link the purchase to your account.)
Might be a good thing to put in the OP.

Hey EA guy, thanks for Crysis 3.  Also, MoH: Warfighter wasn't bad for the SP campaign.  Wasn't anything to tell my kids about but was a lot better than the reviews led me to believe.

Lol I created this program :).

The operational piece isn't actually that bad, it is mostly upfront work and sometimes a quick firedrill (like when the coupons didn't work for a few hours at launch).

The bigger challenge is getting deals set up between November and December to start in January.

Every year (literally each year we've done this), we see a bevy of "RAWRRRR" at the beginning of the sale, followed by a bevy of "oh man I can't believe I got XYZ at $X".

A couple of thing most customers don't understand (and they shouldn't because most customers don't work in the video game industry) are:

1. Most devs/pubs just aren't ready to talk about January deals in November and December, primarily because alot of the decision making around what deals to include in January and for how much is driven by how sales in Nov/Dec look.

2. Most devs/pubs (and most people with jobs in general) aren't super plugged into their jobs in the time immediately before, during, and immediately after Christmas, which is why weeks 2 (last half)-4 of January are more exciting than weeks 1 and 2 (first half).

Also,

I'm starting to go back through the thread and find questions and comments I missed. I'm going to try copy and pasting them into a word doc, answering them, and then pasting them into a reply, wish me luck.

Cheers,

Tony
Yeah looking back at the past 2 ECs, I bought the most games during the last 2 weeks of January. It's hard not to grumble right now because the deals appear to be a little light atm. I think I've bought too many games the last 2 years that picking's a little light in my case. Great deals for those who don't already have the games, though.

Tell your EA folks to be really agressive on SimCity/DLC pricing as well as Sims DLCs and proly a lot of people will bite just to add to their collections.

I'd love to see something from Activision but I think I'd probably have better luck finding a copy of BlOps 1 and 2 under a rock in my yard.

PS. Dragonborn

Also,

My EA guy reads CAG, he saw that some of you were sad about missing some of the EA deals so he just hit me up.

We'll be reruning these deals in January at one point, still figuring out timing:

CRYSIS 3

DEAD SPACE 3

NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS

SIMCITY (PC/MAC)

DEAD SPACE 3 AWAKENED

CRYSIS 3 THE LOST ISLAND

Cheers,

Tony
Hey EA guy, please change the Burnout Paradise DLC code so that the time saver packs don't have to be activated. I want the extra cars but I don't want the cheats. Make them two separate codes. It would be great if you could pass on that message Tony. Thanks!

If this happens let me know and I'll go buy it.

Hey EA guy, please change the Burnout Paradise DLC code so that the time saver packs don't have to be activated. I want the extra cars but I don't want the cheats. Make them two separate codes. It would be great if you could pass on that message Tony. Thanks!
Be nice if they added the Big Surf Island DLC to the PC as well.

Of course I see neither ever happening.

Why they don't add it is strange. I bet a LOT of people would jump on it for like $10 .. I would. Give me a reason to play the game again.

We dont need EA sales, no one uses Origin and we got half of those games thru dat humble bundle and EA had a horrible year for the 3rd time in a row

Also,

CRYSIS 3

DEAD SPACE 3

NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS

SIMCITY (PC/MAC)

DEAD SPACE 3 AWAKENED

CRYSIS 3 THE LOST ISLAND

Cheers,

Tony
Your EA guy needs a HUGE bucket of water tossed in his face for that ME2 "deal". Wake up, it's horrible.

Your EA guy needs a HUGE bucket of water tossed in his face for that ME2 "deal". Wake up, it's horrible.
But it's still cheaper way to get Bioware Points :D

Edit: I didn't say it was good enough for me, but that's truth since they are never on sale.

We dont need EA sales, no one uses Origin and we got half of those games thru dat humble bundle and EA had a horrible year for the 3rd time in a row
ok ... so I guess getting crysis 3 at over 80% wasn't a good deal? the origin part ain't changing so you might as well get over it.

Edit: I didn't say it was good enough for me, but that's truth since they are never on sale.
I'd buy them (even though I already own ME2) if I was convinced BW points did anything. I've been playing ToR but don't really feel the need to buy points yet. IMO, they're kinda like frequent flyer miles... I might have tens of thousands of miles accrued but that may not even get me a ticket to another state.

I happen to like Origin but that's just me.

I know and the sad part is, I almost considered it for some missing ME3 DLC. Thankfully I've come to my senses and am again aware of just how insulting the deal is.

I know and the sad part is, I almost considered it for some missing ME3 DLC. Thankfully I've come to my senses and am again aware of just how insulting the deal is.
Can someone explain why this deal is insulting? Bioware points are never on sale...and these are what like 20% off?

This is answered literally over a million times in this thread already.

The answer, though, is that one gives you a code that you redeem yourself on Origin. The other allows you to link the purchase to your Origin account directly from Amazon, so that you immediately have it in your Origin account (instant.)

There's really no functional difference except if you object to linking the accounts or if you're buying the game for somebody else (in case you wouldn't want to link the purchase to your account.)
Thank you for the response. I simply asked because I didn't want to search through 480 pages of posts to find the answer. Thanks again.

Thank you for the response. I simply asked because I didn't want to search through 480 pages of posts to find the answer. Thanks again.
Hopefully it'll be in the OP soon, everyone here gets snippy when questions are asked a bit too frequently.

I use Steam, Origin or Uplay as long as its the game I want and @ the price I'm willing to pay.
True CAG right here

Dear Tony's EA guy:

Thank you for reading CAG. You're insane, since it's nearly impossible to actually follow this thread and make any sense of it.

But you're awesome nonetheless.

Thank you for Crysis 3 for $5, even though I probably won't play it much, I am looking forward to giving it a try, and am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

I know people love to hate EA, but you guys seriously do have a history of pretty great games, so I thank you for that too.

I'm sure you're a pretty swell guy, so keep it up! And thanks for helping Tony help the swarming masses to cheap good games. :)

Can someone explain why this deal is insulting? Bioware points are never on sale...and these are what like 20% off?
I think it's less the deal and more the fact Bioware points are sorta insulting to begin with so the deal would have to be really good to compensate. It's a good deal relative to the sale history of BP, but out of context it's not very sweet (in my opinion).

I think that's what they are getting at anyway.

Your math is broken or you're in dire need of some assistance. 2400 points = 30 bucks. Don't even start with me on the trash filler ME2 included in the "pack".

I am seriously making a 2014 resolution to spend less on games. Not just "lowest price possible", but also flat-out buying less games that I probably won't play.

That being said, there are a number of deals that start on 1/9 that I'll probably end up getting. *facepalm*

But still. I will be more diligent. After this sale? :p

Also,

CRYSIS 3

DEAD SPACE 3

NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS

SIMCITY (PC/MAC)

DEAD SPACE 3 AWAKENED

CRYSIS 3 THE LOST ISLAND

Cheers,

Tony
Tony,

Any feedback from him on Crysis Maximum? If I could get that, I'd grab 3 as well, and I think a lot of people are in the same boat. 7.49->2.49 would be ideal, but I'd grab both if CM were $5 as well.

If I can't get the first, though, I see absolutely no reason to buy 3.

Also, I'd hoped for a deal on the C&C pack. Really hoped for 7.49->2.49. Any chance on that? I held off during the winter sale on this specific purchase since it seemed like such a strong likelihood. If that's definitely not happening, if the $5 deal returns I'd pick it up ($10->$5.) Not my preference as the EC isn't really doing anything at that point, but I'd still do it.

I am seriously making a 2014 resolution to spend less on games. Not just "lowest price possible", but also flat-out buying less games that I probably won't play.

That being said, there are a number of deals that start on 1/9 that I'll probably end up getting. *facepalm*

But still. I will be more diligent. After this sale? :p
You've managed to not even last the full duration of one post before breaking your New Years Resolution. Congrats on the new record! :p

Your math is broken or you're in dire need of some assistance. 2400 points = 30 bucks. Don't even start with me on the trash filler ME2 included in the "pack".
We get it, you don't like the deal. However, if this was run when I was buying ME2+DLC the first time, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. The fact that it's not Humble level steal, does not make it not a savings.

Hey Tony. Is it possible to include in the next EA rerun MOH warfighter? I heard It was in sale on GMG but I missed it. :(
MOH Warfighter was terrible. I recommend you to NOT buy it unless its $1. I struggled to finish the campaing on easy, it was unbearable, and MP is dead and was terrible. And I say this as a sucker for FPS.

As MNS mentioned, I think a lot of the rage is at how Bioware runs their DLC, but it really is misguided.

I use Origin, I'll take some EA deals.
I was about to say the same thing.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) on EC list for $9 or less, please.
Yep, Most Wanted and Warfighter were two I was going to ask about. I'm usually a title behind on my EA games and I recall the first EC in 2012 buying a ton of EA deals (Crysis, MoH, Alice, etc.). Would love some deals on those two.

MOH Warfighter was terrible. I recommend you to NOT buy it unless its $1. I struggled to finish the campaing on easy, it was unbearable, and MP is dead and was terrible. And I say this as a sucker for FPS.
I feel like MoH had the same sort of things said about it. I have yet to play a MoH game that was truly terrible. I also don't play MoH games for the MP and actually hate that's how a lot of people try to judge shooters nowadays. That's not personal to you, it's just in general I feel the gaming crowd puts way too much emphasis on the MP aspect which in turns puts pressure on devs to develop MP and probably hurt the SP portion of some games. Give me a solid SP game any day. There's plenty of great MP games out already.

We get it, you don't like the deal. However, if this was run when I was buying ME2+DLC the first time, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. The fact that it's not Humble level steal, does not make it not a savings.
When I bought ME2+DLC for the first time, I was able to catch each piece of DLC on sale for at least 50% off without a whole lot of difficulty. Granted, this was for a console version, but it makes the PC DLC prices seem exorbitant. I own ME2 for PC too, but I've never bought a single DLC for that version because of the lack of discounts.

If he's asking for a deal on it, he's probably already made up his mind to buy it, right?

For the record, I enjoyed Warfighter in spite of the contradictory story and broken MP. The gunplay is solid and it looks amazing. I can see why it got trashed in reviews, but there's still plenty of fun to be had in the single player campaign.

we need spanking banderas sales sorry banderas couldnt resist we need state of decay 9.99 before ec coupon and injustice 15-17.49 before ec and we mirror edge dlc for cheap

ok ... so I guess getting crysis 3 at over 80% wasn't a good deal? the origin part ain't changing so you might as well get over it.
he trolling u he just messing with u lol

If you don't have ME2 by now, you don't need it. Apart from the bundle, it's been 5 bucks hundreds of times. It's not a savings at all.. It's grossly overpriced points with some trash thrown in to make fools think it's a good deal. Mission accomplished it seems.

If you don't have ME2 by now, you don't need it. Apart from the bundle, it's been 5 bucks hundreds of times. It's not a savings at all.. It's grossly overpriced points with some trash thrown in to make fools think it's a good deal. Mission accomplished it seems.
So, I'm a fool. Thought that was pretty established already.

If I'm understanding this correctly, it's $30 worth of Bioware DLC for $20 if you don't have ME2. That sounds like a decent deal, why are you raging over it?

If I'm understanding this correctly, it's $30 worth of Bioware DLC for $20 if you don't have ME2. That sounds like a decent deal, why are you raging over it?
You're not understanding it correctly. It's a game that if you don't have already, you don't need it. And it's $30 of Bioware DLC for a game that if you don't have already, you don't need it. Do I need to make a drawing for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back