Amazon Prime Members get 20% off Games from Pre-orders and New Releases

Jeff Jr.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didn't see this posted.

Prime Members get 20% off New Releases and Pre-Orders till 2 weeks after releases Date. 

http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=13584215011

Prime Exclusive Savings 20% off new physical video games during pre-order through two weeks after release Discount will be applied automatically at checkout Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon Offer will be automatically extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
To: A Cheap Ass Gamer

Message From Customer Service
Hello, 

I do understand your concern about the promotion. 

I've checked and see that the video game are not released yet. This promotion will be applied two weeks after release. 

However as a valuable customer, I've made an exception to our standard procedure. 

To make this right for you, I've reduced the cost these items by $8.00(20% of the item), making the revised order total including tax $34.02. 

A detailed summary of your adjusted orders, including this new order total, can be found here: 

Link removed.

If you still have any concern please feel free to contact us at any time. We are always glad to help you. 

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
                     A Amazon Employee

I did the e-mail route. This worked for the Zero Escape watch. Waiting on a reply for the Zelda Twilight Princess Order since It's not long available to order.

I don't have a best buy near me so gcu was never a good option for me. After years of bouncing around on trials I finally buckled and bought prime this year. I don't think I'verever go back.

fuck gamestop. I'm gonna cancel all my pre-orders there.

Best Buy's GCU is still a better deal, but for games that aren't included in their $10 rewards promo (like Uncharted 4, and likely Horizon Zero Dawn) this is a good alternative for those who want to use up excess Amazon credit

So if this wasn't retroactively applied to my life is Strange Limited edition pre-order should I just reorder or hope it applies after?

So if this wasn't retroactively applied to my life is Strange Limited edition pre-order should I just reorder or hope it applies after?
I just chatted with a rep who told me that at the time of shipping they would apply the discount to my pre-orders. I find that a little bogus, but I'll wait and see. They should just apply it for existing orders honestly.

Credit on your account is the default payment method unless you specify it in the checkout process.
Did assume that, but didn't expect that they would dock all the credit immediately. Just thought it would follow suit as the payment method when the charge period occurs.

Did assume that, but didn't expect that they would dock all the credit immediately. Just thought it would follow suit as the payment method when the charge period occurs.
Nope. Credit on an account is used up at time of order, not when the order ships. Same way if you ordered something from BestBuy.com with a gift card, the funds are deducted immediately.

If you're worried about it, remake the order with a credit card selected as the payment method. You can always "pay" for the order with credit available on the account, though it'll fund either the complete order price or the use up all the credit on your account, whichever is smaller.

Best Buy is defending their GCU program. But, it's against Gamestop. I just got this email. 

[attachment=19585:Capture176.PNG]

Thanks guys. I actually just cancelled it anyway since it's still in stock and I could just reorder.

Also ordered the uncharted limited edition and cancelled my gamestop order. For like $4 more than the regular pre-order I had at gamestop I got the art book.

GCU is the better deal, no doubt. All games > preorders/new releases. But there's nothing wrong with competition. Sometimes you might have some extra Amazon credit or promotion, works with Amazon exclusives and exclusive preorder bonuses, and it helps on the games less than the $35 needed for free ship on BB. I'll mainly be sticking to BB for the double points, but this is a welcome addition.

None of my preorders have updated, but I'm not worried. Only about half my preorders have always updated, but I've always gotten my refund automatically.

This is pretty awesome. Most of my pre-orders were through Amazon anyway considering they are the easiest to catch when they go live and the lack of pre-authorizations, now seems like Amazon and Best Buy will be the only 2 retailers I buy new games at. (Unless Gamestop has an exclusive or I have credit there)

Can't help but feel like they might have forced Gamestop to do something similar. GCU may not have been much competition for them, but such a huge retailer as Amazon doing the same has got to cut into their sales to some degree.

Best Buy is defending their GCU program. But, it's against Gamestop. I just got this email.

attachicon.gif
Capture176.PNG
Why would you send yourself an email?

I'll still support BestBuy all the way but it's nice perk for Amazon Prime users. I'm a little less supportive of them nowadays with their superpower status and some possibly bad work conditions, but will still order occasionally. Not owning Prime has cut a lot of my compulsive buying of random crap at least.

I wish it extended to Trails of Cold Steel but I guess 12/22 isn't new release enough.  Still, this is great news for someone like me with half price Student Prime and no intention of getting GCU.

$30 GCU - 2 Year Membership > $100 Amazon Prime - 1 Year Membership

Amazon at one point was super kind and offered $10 to even $20 reward certificates for pre-ordering games from them... The good ol' days. What happened?
GCU = no movies, music and you can't get a case of toilet paper two-day shipped to your home for free. Obviously there are benefits over the Amazon deal though.

I'm glad to see Amazon take this step and it's just one more added perk for Prime. Being a homeowner I use Amazon quite a bit.

I have the Collector's Edition of Life is Strange already Pre-ordered, what would I do? Cancel and re-order?

Edit: I went ahead and did that. $10 cheaper. If for some reason I don't get it, I'mma be pissed though

I have the Collector's Edition of Life is Strange already Pre-ordered, what would I do? Cancel and re-order?
You can do that, or just wait.

By what other people have said, they're adjusting the price by waves, they're supposed to do so in the orders cuz there's been people which have already been adjusted without doing anything.

I'm waiting till tomorrow, and see if i get adjusted, if not, i'll just contact CS.

You can do that, or just wait.

By what other people have said, they're adjusting the price by waves, they're supposed to do so in the orders cuz there's been people which have already been adjusted without doing anything.

I'm waiting till tomorrow, and see if i get adjusted, if not, i'll just contact CS.
Oh, well, lol too late

Thank you based Amazon.  Still won't order from them exclusively due to the e-Rewards Gamestop gift cards, but this is fantastic news for Prime members like me.

Nice to see.  BB will still be my choice as it is best strictly games choice, but I like that I can now preorder something on Amazon and not feel like complete $@&%.

Question:

I have some pre-orders placed when I used to have Prime(it has since expired). I also have orders I placed after my prime expired.

1. Will the orders I placed when I had Prime a few months ago get adjusted, even though I don't have it anymore?

2. If I renew Prime, will the orders I placed without Prime get adjusted, because I would currently have Prime?

Thanks

I'm envious of all you who get an advantage since Amazon doesn't charge tax in your state. All this does is drop Amazon on a slightly more comparable level toward Best Buy for me.

Well, I got Gravity Rush Remastered for $9($15 promo credit) and my KH3 order adjusted to $32. Successful day.

Well at least now Gravity Rush Remastered being Amazon exclusive doesn't seem so bad. Guessing I'll have to cancel and re-order tho.
Thanks. I had no idea this was an Amazon exclusive and kept checking Bestbuy.com to see when they'd have the PS4 version for sale.

Can't help but feel like they might have forced Gamestop to do something similar. GCU may not have been much competition for them, but such a huge retailer as Amazon doing the same has got to cut into their sales to some degree.
Peasants and plebes will always go to Gamestop. Lots of people simply do not care about shopping smartly, or are just plain lazy.

Went through all of my Amazon pre-orders and re-did them to make sure they had the cheaper price, for the ones I could re-order.

Four of them I couldn't due to the item no longer being available:

Mega Man Legacy Collection 3DS

Zero Escape 3 Vita Limited Watch Editiion

Zero Escape 3 3Ds Limited Watch Editiion

Mighty No 9 Signature Edition PS4

All except Might No 9 Sig Edition showed the cheaper price on the item page, $39.99 for MM Legacy and $31.99 for the two Zero Escape 3 versions, with the 20% discount.   None of those three orders have adjusted yet, though I'll give them until the end of the week before I contact CS to have them manually adjusted.

Not sure what to do about Mighty No 9 Sig Edition, since there's no discounted price, nor any price, listed on the item page.  Guess we'll see how that shakes out over time and get them to manually adjust it if needed.

bread's done
Back