Amazon Prime Members get 20% off Games from Pre-orders and New Releases

Jeff Jr.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didn't see this posted.

Prime Members get 20% off New Releases and Pre-Orders till 2 weeks after releases Date. 

http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=13584215011

Prime Exclusive Savings 20% off new physical video games during pre-order through two weeks after release Discount will be applied automatically at checkout Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon Offer will be automatically extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for my long, long ago order of The Last Guardian.
I forgot about my preorder of Last Guardian on Amazon. It has been on order since 2009 and I feel that order will there another 10 years as its not releasing on PS3 as the preorder states. I will just leave it there forever. lol

This seems like a good deal for existing Prime members, they must have felt they were losing too many new game sales to Best Buy/GCU in the last couple of years. While the old $20 promo deals were much better... at least this is...something

Still, I let my Prime expire in December without renewing it (after several years of being a member), and this isnt likely to change my mind. Especially considering it only applies to NEW/Pre-order games, and I don't do that very often. Nor do I order much at Amazon anymore.

I'm actually not a GCU member either though, so I guess I"m a free agent at the moment. Call me old fashioned, I don't like having to pay to sign up for deals. So my last few pre-orders last year were on Dell. $25 gift card > 20% discount. Unfortunately, it seems that well has dried up now as well. 

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but if you choose No Rush Delivery option and they give you that $1 dollar credit, you could accumulate that credit and when you get at least $10 in credit you use it for digital items such as $10 worth of Xbox digital gift card and I believe PSN cards as well. Even when you're short, you could at least get the digital gift card discounted by using the No Rush Delivery credits. I'm not sure if you need Prime for that option to show up.

Well I thought I would contact customer service just to ask them about my preorders and the CS rep claimed the price wouldn't change until the item shipped.  That seems a bit different then what some people are actually seeing according to this board.  I think he might have just been making it up because he didn't know.

Yeah, I read that as I was in the middle of a chat with CS. I saw a CAG earlier post how they contacted customer service to get it to apply. It is just odd that it auto applied already to one order (a Lego Dimensions pack I ordered more recently) but not 2 other (much older) orders. I'll give it the 5 days but I fully expect it not to work as Amazon usually screws up stuff like this.

On top of that, the CS rep I chatted with said they have no way of applying the discount until after it has shipped. Well, with my 2 preorders I'll have long forgotten about this promo by the time they ship so I'd rather see it on there now. I'll give it the 5 days...

Oh yeah, and the rep didn't tell me to wait 5 days - he said it wouldn't apply till the order shipped. I know that is BS.
My last Guardian is through Newegg for like $37.99, but they cancel stuff quick I hear, so it's probably gone already. I hate when CSR lies or is just ill informed about policies, and straight up lie to you.

But I buy enough from Best Buy that I have free shipping anyways. And GCU is 15% the cost of Prime, so who cares if it doesn't come with streaming.

GCU is great.  I've built up so many $5 reward certificates from best buy since you get double points on video games, plus when you review an item you get an extra 25 points for that also.  The $10 reward certificates for preorders is great as well. 

I renewed Prime with the deal. Does anyone know if I will get the discounts on pre-orders I placed when my Prime expired, when they ship... now that I have Prime again?

Oh poor amazon, not a bad attempt but that two week limit on new releases is lame. Gcu owns this, especially since its easy to rack up reward zone coupons with gcu when the double points kick in
Depends. Amazon = No Tax (well for most people no tax)
Some games can rake up $3 each in tax easily and not all games qualify for the $10 rewards gift card.

So if you already pay for Amazon on top of GCU, it might be worth someone's wild to just save money and stick with Amazon.

But if someone doesn't really use Amazon, prefer to buy games later on, or just uses it solely for game purchases they would benefit more from GCU. Because when games go on sale people can still use their 20% off, as Amazon only offers 20% off for preorders and the first 2 weeks.

And the only real problem see with Amazon is that they can remove their 20% off anytime they please there is no commitment saying they will keep this promotion or deal.

Best Buy's only downside is that their customer service is not as good as Amazons.

635852947021478497-2105487212_online-shopping-parks-and-rec.gif

..mine haven't updated either.

My Animal Crossing Amiibo order updated along with my Lucas Amiibo order, but none of my other 15 or so pre-orders have yet.

My One Piece Marinesford just updated within the last couple of hours. As such, it appears they are still working on it.
Same here with Luca and One Piece also. I guess they're doing recent orders and working there way to older ones.

Good to atleast see that they're working on it.

Also my The division updated price.

I finally got a Prime membership as the $74.65 cost (tax included) was set to go up tonight. I was on the fence but remembered how many times I'd have to add items to my wish list to meet the $35 free shipping requirement. My christmas present of a Kindle paperlight helped seal the deal.

Still going to stick with Best Buy for most of my gaming purchases, but at least harder to find titles and other household stuff I'll go through Amazon.

When I heard about the %20 off pre orders, I went to Amazon and ordered a bunch of games only to find out Amazon is going to start collecting taxes in Colorado starting in February.  Not sure if I will cancel or not.

When I heard about the %20 off pre orders, I went to Amazon and ordered a bunch of games only to find out Amazon is going to start collecting taxes in Colorado starting in February. Not sure if I will cancel or not.
Really? Ugh, that stinks.

Oh well, I guess it wasn't going to last forever.

So had preordered a game and used the cheat code discount during the holidays and instead of receiving 20% off the discounted total they gave a prime discount in the difference between the original code savings and the retail price to equal the 20% discount. Very disappointing that this didn't stack.

So had preordered a game and used the cheat code discount during the holidays and instead of receiving 20% off the discounted total they gave a prime discount in the difference between the original code savings and the retail price to equal the 20% discount. Very disappointing that this didn't stack.
How much was the discount u tried to use for?

Damn how I wished this worked for the Pre-Order of the TE2 Stick for Street Fighter V.

I need a PS4 stick (I like the madcatz TE's the most, pretty comfy) and at $220-ish that discount would sure be nice.

Looks like Amazon updated my more recent order of the One Piece CE to reflect the Prime savings, but not my old orders of the Megaman Legacy Collection, Mighty No. 9 Signature Edition, and Zero Escape 3. 

Damn how I wished this worked for the Pre-Order of the TE2 Stick for Street Fighter V.

I need a PS4 stick (I like the madcatz TE's the most, pretty comfy) and at $220-ish that discount would sure be nice.
Street Fighter®V Arcade FightStick™ TE2 - Chun-Li for PS4™ & PS3™ is $40 off at the mad catz store (thru 1/18/2016) with code "2016." the difference between the chun li and the preorder ryu is the touchpad. hope this helps. cheers.

From the what-is-not-surprising-at-all-department, it has now been over 5 days and neither of my older video game preorders have been adjusted for the discount.  According to my chat earlier in the week it would either happen at shipping (which is BS) or within the 5 days.    Since the 5 days thing never happened, I assume it is never happening and either have to try to go through a frustrating chat yet again or just forget about it.

They didn't even adjust two Lego Dimensions Fun packs I ordered recently.  I cancelled those and got them from Best Buy where they automatically ring up with the discount.   So of 5 orders I had with preorders in them, they only adjusted one, which was a Lego Dimensions Team Pack I ordered at the same time as those Fun Packs.  Yay for consistency Amazon!

From the what-is-not-surprising-at-all-department, it has now been over 5 days and neither of my older video game preorders have been adjusted for the discount. According to my chat earlier in the week it would either happen at shipping (which is BS) or within the 5 days. Since the 5 days thing never happened, I assume it is never happening and either have to try to go through a frustrating chat yet again or just forget about it.

They didn't even adjust two Lego Dimensions Fun packs I ordered recently. I cancelled those and got them from Best Buy where they automatically ring up with the discount. So of 5 orders I had with preorders in them, they only adjusted one, which was a Lego Dimensions Team Pack I ordered at the same time as those Fun Packs. Yay for consistency Amazon!
5 business days, so probably by Tuesday

I have both Prime and GCU. I will probably continue to use GCU for most of my gaming purchases since Amazon adds tax in SC now . I'll probably have to use Prime for Persona 5 and a couple of other niche titles, so it's good to have both options.

​BTW, for those with the 40.99 Kingdom Hearts 3 pre order from Amazon, I have that too. I contacted customer service about the new discount and the customer service guy added the 20 percent on top of the previous discount. 32 for KH3 is an amazing deal :)

5 business days, so probably by Tuesday
Considering that the one discount I did get auto-applied happened before they even sent the email about the discount, I really doubt that they are waiting till the very last second to get my other ones done. It most likely isn't happening.

They did this via code and it either worked right away or not at all. Has anyone gotten a discount (without contacting them) in the days after that email went out? Unless they fix the code and we get a mass adjustment at the last minute I'm not holding out much hope.

They fixed my recent orders of Lucas amiibos to be shipped in a few days but haven't gotten to my older game pre-orders yet.  I'm guessing they're fixing prices on stuff to be shipped soon, first.

Considering that the one discount I did get auto-applied happened before they even sent the email about the discount, I really doubt that they are waiting till the very last second to get my other ones done. It most likely isn't happening.

They did this via code and it either worked right away or not at all. Has anyone gotten a discount (without contacting them) in the days after that email went out? Unless they fix the code and we get a mass adjustment at the last minute I'm not holding out much hope.
I have 2 days after they sent the email, I got the discount on my latest 3 orders, they'll be updating I guess, maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully

Called to try and get my 43 buck Uncharted 4 adjusted with the 20% preorder and after a 25 minute call, basically was told it will be applied when the order ships (I was hoping to get that extra gift card refunded now so I could dump it into more crap I wanted on Amazon.) I think it's hit or miss depending on the customer service person you get but this lady seemed to have no  fuck idea as to what I was talking about and it went in a big circle with *long delays* only to get me back to square one. I hate that Amazon customer service is such a crap shoot, sometimes you get someone who's completely great and then you get days like today, oh well, guess I'm waiting.

Received my email on 01/13/16 about my Prime 20% discount, none of my pre-orders that have sold-out items have auto-adjusted yet.  They are:

Zero Escape 3 3DS Watch Bundle

Zero Escape 3 Vita Watch Bundle

Mighty #9 Signature Edition PS4

Mega Man Legacy Collection 3DS w/amiibo

I also have a Trackmania Turbo PS4 pre-order @ $29.99 and a KH3 PS4 pre-order @ $40.99 that I'm betting if I asked for Amazon to fix it, they'd tell me to fuck myself since they're already cheaper than the 20% discount off their MSRP prices.

Received my email on 01/13/16 about my Prime 20% discount, none of my pre-orders that have sold-out items have auto-adjusted yet. They are:

I also have a Trackmania Turbo PS4 pre-order @ $29.99 and a KH3 PS4 pre-order @ $40.99 that I'm betting if I asked for Amazon to fix it, they'd tell me to fuck myself since they're already cheaper than the 20% discount off their MSRP prices.
Same case here, nothing older than my Senran Kagura order from a few weeks ago has updated, and the last thing that did update was like 2 days ago. And the majority of the items are sold out now. Also got in on that Kingdom Hearts glitch price, been curious to see what it will adjust to (If it does at all)

Received my email on 01/13/16 about my Prime 20% discount, none of my pre-orders that have sold-out items have auto-adjusted yet. They are:

My Zero Time Dilemma's haven't updated yet either.

My Zero Time Dilemma's haven't updated yet either.
I'm guessing that they underestimated the number of pre-orders they needed to update.

I think today is technically the 5th business day, so it's probably OK to contact CS about it now if you really care (the game isn't releasing until summer, so you have plenty of time)

I'm guessing that they underestimated the number of pre-orders they needed to update.

I think today is technically the 5th business day, so it's probably OK to contact CS about it now if you really care (the game isn't releasing until summer, so you have plenty of time)
I'm on a chat session with them now.

The email did say 5 business days, since this is the 5th business day from the email, it's time to contact CS.

bread's done
Back