Amazon selling new White Vitas for 199.

I miss my OLED, but not that much in comparison to the other improvements of the PCH-2000. The LCD has a really nice quality, but the colors are no longer LOUD and in your face. I do prefer the OLED if given the choice, but I like every other new feature of the slim, so I guess it's an even trade.
I like the new features on the slim vita but I think ps4 games and eventually ps3 games(if playstation now isn't crazy expensive) would look great on the oled screen. But I do love my 3ds xl screen so I probably won't mind the LCD screen on the slim.

Uhh. I feel like I am missing something obvious, but the link takes me to a black vita. And there is no white color option I can find on my phone.

Edit

Yep. I am an idiot. It is there in plain sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a second I thought this was a stealth release of the PCH-2000s in NA. I'd prefer a white vita myself, but I picked one up for $145 end of November and the color isn't worth the price difference. But I would like to get one of the 2000s in white eventually for the extra battery life and slimmer, more portable form factor.

Cool option for those that must have white though. I still wish I had picked up that Ass Creed bundle a year ago.

pa.222015.2.jpg

I think it might be the Japanese version because when I went to checkout, Amazon said my currency converter was off

I got this but I dunno wtf. If this has LCD, Amazon will pay hahahah. Anybody knows if it's exactly the same model as the ass creed bundle?

Oh cool, this is really tempting. 

I was thinking about getting the Walking Dead bundle, but would prefer to have the GOTY disc on my PS3.  I was also planning on getting Assassin's Creed Liberation HD.

Might bite if it were cheaper than the Walking Dead bundle, which seems like a better deal at the moment.

Dang, I've got one from the Assassin's Creed bundle, but I'm tempted to buy another.  Black is soooooooo boring.

This is a beautiful console- got it on BF 2012 as part of Amazon's Assassin's Creed: Liberation bundle.  Pick one up!

The white color is cool, but the Walking Dead bundle is $10 cheaper, comes with a 4GB memory card (better than nothing) and 4 downloadable games: Walking Dead, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Retro City Rampage, and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Hmm, I don't think all of those will fit on a 4GB memory card. Ha ha. Still, you have them when you upgrade the card.

I think those white ones are going to be sitting there for quite a while unless they lower the price.

Should have bought this when Amazon was offering the great deal on the bundle.  Instead waited for the "slim" version to be announced and Sony decides to cut costs instead by removing the OLED screen.

Should have bought this when Amazon was offering the great deal on the bundle. Instead waited for the "slim" version to be announced and Sony decides to cut costs instead by removing the OLED screen.
You could get that Walking Dead bundle. That's a pretty good deal, especially with amazon's add-ons as noted (only Walking Dead code comes in the box - the other downloadable games amazon emails codes to you for).

[quote name="ElektroDragon" post="11430718" timestamp="1389289659"]ITS A TRAP!

(i.e. non OLED)[/quote]

It is? What makes you think that?

And I just bought one. Those games are meh to me. I don't mind spend a little more for the color I'd rather have. The memory card I'm buying a 32gb one anyhow so the 4gb in the bundle would goto waster technically.

And I just bought one. Those games are meh to me. I don't mind spend a little more for the color I'd rather have. The memory card I'm buying a 32gb one anyhow so the 4gb in the bundle would goto waster technically.
Well, you could have sold or traded the codes very easily and lowered the cost even further, but I don't blame you for going with the white. I *would* have liked that color had I had the option at the time.

A white paint job cannot save the vita lol.
The Vita is quite possibly the most versatile handheld to date. It's library of games isn't exceptional at the moment, but it's solid. With a PS4 + PlayStation Now, the Vita offers the best handheld experience available right now.

I'm always curious why people continue jumping on the "VITA IS DEAD/DYING" bandwagon, yet have zero evidence to argue their point.

*Also, the screen is OLED, not LCD. See below:

5J0QyUB.jpg

Why even post that? I have 30 some odd Vita games, and I play it constantly. I recently finished Guacamelee, and I'm going to go back and finish it. Such a good game.
No but being paired with the best selling next gen console certainly could... as well as the announcement of PlayStation Now which subsequently caused an 8% drop in Gamestop's stock value.
The Vita is quite possibly the most versatile handheld to date. It's library of games isn't exceptional at the moment, but it's solid. With a PS4 + PlayStation Now, the Vita offers the best handheld experience available right now.

I'm always curious why people continue jumping on the "VITA IS DEAD/DYING" bandwagon, yet have zero evidence to argue their point.
Are you guys seriously trying to inject facts, logic and reasoning into a statement that is structured as "_________________ lol."?

I miss my OLED, but not that much in comparison to the other improvements of the PCH-2000. The LCD has a really nice quality, but the colors are no longer LOUD and in your face. I do prefer the OLED if given the choice, but I like every other new feature of the slim, so I guess it's an even trade.
What new features? This has been mentioned once before? That it's smaller and lighter? That the battery lasts a little longer due to a different screen? Or the start/select being revamped? As someone with decent sized hands, the only thing improved to me is the start/select.

To my knowledge there's literally nothing else changed.

What new features? This has been mentioned once before? That it's smaller and lighter? That the battery lasts a little longer due to a different screen? Or the start/select being revamped? As someone with decent sized hands, the only thing improved to me is the start/select.

I like how you first act like nothing changed then list several changes. It also has a small amount of internal memory which should be noted.

There are more changes from Vita OLED to Vita LCD then say Xbox Slim to Xbox "E" Slim.

Weird, amazon stopped selling walking dead vita bundle and the only vita they are selling are the white ones. LCD vita is probably coming soon.

Weird, amazon stopped selling walking dead vita bundle and the only vita they are selling are the white ones. LCD vita is probably coming soon.
If that's true, the OLED Vita systems are going to start drying up soon. Amazon could also be getting ready for a new Vita bundle though, with different games included.

I wouldn't mind picking up an LCD Vita as another extra, but I do love my OLED versions!

Here is what I posted about the slim in the cheap Vita game thread awhile back:

"It has a standard mini USB charge port, the cart slot is place in the center along the top, instead of to one side. The shoulder buttons have a firmer and better feel. The PS, start, and select buttons have been improved, as they are now circular and actual buttons that sit above the surface slightly. The D-Pad and face buttons no longer have the circular base around them anymore, so the face looks cleaner. The rear touch pad as been shrunk slightly, and the finger rest has been enlarged so while your holding the Vita, you no longer press the touch pad when not wanting to. All of the light indicators have now been moved to the top, so the light doesn't distract during play. The area on the back around the touch screen now has a mat style finish instead of the gloss finish of the 1000, which provides better grip.

Is that enough? If not, then don't bother getting one, for me I had issues with almost every correction they made on the 1000, so it is just about perfect for me. Different strokes, for different folks!"

That actually sounds pretty great. I really hate the charging of the 1000, only because I can't get it to work with my portable battery thing. Yes I have tried that adapter dohickey. It did not make any difference whatsoever. I even returned it for a replacement and it didn't do any better. Meanwhile the 3DS charges just fine without a special adapter. And the others stuff sounds good too. I will go slim/LCD whenever I can afford it.

^ Thanks for posting! Still a decent deal if you want a White OLED Vita... and not to toot my own horn but I absolutely  called this from the get go

bread's done
Back