Amazon: SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/ plush $36.99

[quote name='botticus']:whistle2:s Amazon's a little defensive, it seems. The response I got to my email was "we have no post-order price guarantee, but I'll make [another] one-time exception since your order hasn't shipped."[/quote]yeah i think they dont want to price adjust. i mean in the other times i have preordered they've always adjusted the price like for instance my recent mario tennis for the wii preorder. the price changed 2 bucks and they adjusted it right away.

[quote name='leshrac55']Btw, I just got into Persona 3 (and subsequently bought Persona 4 now)... Is this series also worth it?[/quote]

i loved it. but if you get lost and easily frustrated id recommend buying the guide to go with it.

[quote name='Raye']I'll wait for a sale. :)
transparent_pixel.gif

[/QUOTE]

Haha, Amazon will go on sale for like 1 hour on a random day. You'll catch it and be happy or miss it and be sad you didn't buy now.

Good luck!

Thanks for writing to us about the recent price change on "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha versus King Abaddon."

I understand you bought this item from us just recently at a different price. Unfortunately, we cannot extend a refund to you for the difference between the original price and the lower price you saw posted on our website.

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

I understand you may have taken advantage of a 30-day price guarantee policy in the past. However, that policy was discontinued on September 1, 2008.

Wtf? Oh well. I'll just re order.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Thanks for writing to us about the recent price change on "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha versus King Abaddon."

I understand you bought this item from us just recently at a different price. Unfortunately, we cannot extend a refund to you for the difference between the original price and the lower price you saw posted on our website.

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

I understand you may have taken advantage of a 30-day price guarantee policy in the past. However, that policy was discontinued on September 1, 2008.

Wtf? Oh well. I'll just re order.[/QUOTE]

Make sure they understand it's a preorder and that the product hasn't shipped yet. As far as I know they still have their preorder price guarantee.

Hmm... I just stumbled across this on amazon a couple minutes before I came here when I was looking at other SMT games and decided to pre-order. I bought a copy of the first "Raidou vs." game yesterday... not too bad in my opinion, Ididn't know it was an action rpg and was pleasantly surprised, although I do hope this one has some needed improvements. Unfortunately, I don't think they're going to do anything about the creepy character designs(everyone has joker smiles and black lips!)

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Thanks for writing to us about the recent price change on "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha versus King Abaddon."

Wtf? Oh well. I'll just re order.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is this. Are you guys shooting off flame-mails or something. Look at the contrast.

-----
Thank you for writing to Amazon.com.

The discounts we offer on items on our website do vary from time to time. I've checked your order, and found that we currently offer a greater discount on "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha versus King Abaddon" than at the time you placed your order.

Since this item has not yet shipped, I have adjusted the price to reflect the current discounted price, $36.99. This is the price you will be charged when the order ships.

On the date of shipment, you should receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

Again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.
----

I got this back within minutes and all I did was send a simple email saying i waited 24 hours and it didn't do it automatically, which was weird since i NEVER had a prob with it before. Maybe Atlus is pulling some strings?

[quote name='addicted2games']I got the "nice" email too. Maybe its because I literally order 3-4 items per week from them.[/QUOTE]

aha same here . . .

I just waited for them to automatically adjust the price. Didn't want to bother with reordering especially since it was a gold box deal for me. ;)

ive never played persona or summoner 1, but i want to get into it both series eventually so i'm gonna go head and pre-order this. i hope this is a good game. Thanks OP

[quote name='CheapyD']Shipwreck just sent this to me...thought you would like it. I'll add it to the OP.

[/quote]

"[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Don't act like you're not impressed, Faithful."

-AtlusA.R.A.M.
[/FONT]

[quote name='willardhaven']I got the email as well, pretty intense packaging. I wonder if it will be worth anything in a few years.[/quote]

1. Who cares?
2. Probably
3. lolz
4. .....
5. All of the above

[quote name='Mugen Power']That thing looks like it'll get wrecked by the time it goes from Amazon packing to our doors.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Clear soft plastic window? lolz. I bet we will see a ton of CAGs complain when our dented packages come... Hope Amazon takes extra care in packaging these.

Got the email advertising the retail packaging from Atlus too. Totally unexpected. I thought they would just stick the plush and the game in a padded brown envelope like they did to their other Atlus Spoils :evil:

This kind of packaging makes me almost not want to open it up and play the game. It is crying to be displayed whole on the shelf.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Yeah. Clear soft plastic window? lolz. I bet we will see a ton of CAGs complain when our dented packages come... Hope Amazon takes extra care in packaging these.[/quote]
With this bulky size, Amazon will most likely use a carton box to ship it. So it should arrive in pretty mint shape unless it's already damaged beforehand.

If you preorder from GS.com, not sure how they will ship it. They might just stick it into a very large padded envelope as they sometimes do. In that case, expect a crying Raiho when he arrives.

[quote name='eau']With this bulky size, Amazon will most likely use a carton box to ship it. So it should arrive in pretty mint shape unless it's already damaged beforehand.[/quote]

Yeah, but they don't have custom sized boxes so they'd stuff something like brown packing paper in there to keep it in place. That's what would mess up the plastic window.

[quote name='eau']So the bottomline is...we will be at the mercy of the packer who will pack our stuff :pray:[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna open it up & throw away the packaging anyways, so as long as the actual game has no damage, i'm good

[quote name='Mugen Power']That thing looks like it'll get wrecked by the time it goes from Amazon packing to our doors.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly the first thing that popped into my head when I opened the e-mail this morning. Amazon is notorious for damaging boxes of this type.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's exactly the first thing that popped into my head when I opened the e-mail this morning. Amazon is notorious for damaging boxes of this type.[/quote]

I already ordered 2 so I hope at least 1 survive the journey so it can look pretty in my collection.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's exactly the first thing that popped into my head when I opened the e-mail this morning. Amazon is notorious for damaging boxes of this type.[/quote]
This just reminds me of the heat gun they use to shinkwrap items to a baseboard before placing it in a shipping box in some of their warehouse. The heat gun would probably warp the plastic box...

[quote name='eau']This just reminds me of the heat gun they use to shinkwrap items to a baseboard before placing it in a shipping box in some of their warehouse. The heat gun would probably warp the plastic box...[/quote]

I doubt they'll do that for this item. I've only had them do it for games/DVDs/books/similarly flat objects that can slide and bounce around inside the box. This item doesn't really fit that criteria so they'd probably just stuff it in a box along with some brown paper.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Yeah, I was kinda so-so about the plushie, but once I saw the package I had to buy it. ATLUS wins again![/quote]

clear plastic FTW, lol

yeah for some reason... makes it look much cooler then not inside of one..

Do you necessarily need to play the first game to 'get' this one? I'm tempted to buy it. It reminds me so much of Working Designs' crazy packages...except this is cute, not crazy. :) Plus if it sucks these games retain their value it seems.

Can I just chime in and say how I LOOOOVE that Atlus has packaged the plush this way? I've gotten pissed at a certain Seattle EB twice now for flubbing my preorder goodies (one being the Chrono Trigger DS soundtrack). Here I'm assured of getting my goodie :)

Note that not all EB/GS stores mess these things up - all other EBs near me and near my office are terrific about making sure I get my bonuses.

[quote name='hopeunknown']Do you necessarily need to play the first game to 'get' this one?[/quote]

Probably buried multiples times in this thread, but Devil Summoner 2 is a relatively standalone sequel to the first game. So no, you really don't need to know anything about the first game to fully enjoy this one.

I'm scared to see how much amazon might mangle this fragile-looking box.

[quote name='fundogmo']I'm scared to see how much amazon might mangle this fragile-looking box.
1.gif
[/quote]

Yes same here. I will just have to wait and see.

I do want this, but let me ask you guys this where the hell are you actually going to put the damn thing? I barely have enough space for the games themselves. My P4 art book is collecting dust on my speaker and my Ghaleon punching puppet from Lunar 2 is in my closet never to see the light of day, still has not tried to kill me as the box promised.

[quote name='Tom Ato']I do want this, but let me ask you guys this where the hell are you actually going to put the damn thing? I barely have enough space for the games themselves. My P4 art book is collecting dust on my speaker and my Ghaleon punching puppet from Lunar 2 is in my closet never to see the light of day, still has not tried to kill me as the box promised.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I still have my Ghaleon puppet too; it was such an awesome pre-order bonus. Damn EB never gave me my Arc the Lad watch for pre-ordering Arc the Lad Collection though. I'm still bitter about that. =P

I've had this pre-ordered for a while now, and the packaging is motivating me to keep my pre-order. Good stuff.

[quote name='Vendetta']Haha, I still have my Ghaleon puppet too; it was such an awesome pre-order bonus. Damn EB never gave me my Arc the Lad watch for pre-ordering Arc the Lad Collection though. I'm still bitter about that. =P

I've had this pre-ordered for a while now, and the packaging is motivating me to keep my pre-order. Good stuff.[/quote]

I got the watch, another object to take up space that I can't get rid of.

On an unrelated note, anyone know if this will be BC on the 80GB PS3?

[quote name='Tom Ato']I got the watch, another object to take up space that I can't get rid of.

On an unrelated note, anyone know if this will be BC on the 80GB PS3?[/QUOTE]

No idea but I imagine new PS2 games will tend to be compatible since developers can check it on that hardware before shipping out and it'd be stupid to pass up more sales.

[quote name='prateeko']No idea but I imagine new PS2 games will tend to be compatible since developers can check it on that hardware before shipping out and it'd be stupid to pass up more sales.[/quote]

Sort of... I expect it to be largely compatible, but even P4 on the 80g BC PS3 had that black box in the area where it should show area name.

[quote name='Tom Ato']I do want this, but let me ask you guys this where the hell are you actually going to put the damn thing? I barely have enough space for the games themselves. My P4 art book is collecting dust on my speaker and my Ghaleon punching puppet from Lunar 2 is in my closet never to see the light of day, still has not tried to kill me as the box promised.[/QUOTE]

The box with game and plush is actually not that big. It looks like about twelve inches across and maybe 4 inches deep by 8 inches high. Keep in mind the plush is the same size as the DVD case which is 7.5" X 5" roughly.

i'm running out of space as well, the collector in me want it, but i'm gonna hold out. Question, this plush/game package is only available from Amazon and Buy.com or something? I see that Newegg got the game for pre-order as well, but nothing about the plush/game packing...

[quote name='prateeko']No idea but I imagine new PS2 games will tend to be compatible since developers can check it on that hardware before shipping out and it'd be stupid to pass up more sales.[/quote]

Ar Tonelico 2 is not BC, maybe NIS screwed that up too along with the game?

bread's done
Back