Amazon: SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/ plush $36.99

No price change on the pre-order. 3 weeks to go. Tick tock goes the clock.
N.gif

[quote name='david12795']Quick question, our debit card will get charged once the game ships?[/quote]

Yep. Amazon only charges when the item ships.

[quote name='david12795']it also seems that the game dropped to $35.99[/quote]
Good eye!
Gonna go get my price adjustment!

[quote name='david12795']it also seems that the game dropped to $35.99[/QUOTE]

Nice, now to wait a day or so and let Amazon auto change it.

Also, can someone clear up all the game order for me in this and the related series (persona, etc)?

Wow... this keeps getting better and better. Amazon seems to drop the price of Atlus games fairly quickly these days. Only $32.39 with the ECA discount.

I get the feeling that these things aren't going to be limited at all though. At least, not as much as Atlus hyped them to be.

So how soon does a price adjustment happen for preorders? Will I see an email about it, or would it just show up on magically on my order sometime?

[quote name='prateeko']Nice, now to wait a day or so and let Amazon auto change it.

Also, can someone clear up all the game order for me in this and the related series (persona, etc)?[/quote]

The only game related to this one is Devil Summoner 1.

[quote name='Rave Child']So how soon does a price adjustment happen for preorders? Will I see an email about it, or would it just show up on magically on my order sometime?[/quote]

Automatically after a day or so.

Sucks that both my addresses are in states with distribution centers. Best I can manage is 36.25 after goldbox, price drop, and prime.

Better off with buy.com it seems. :(

[quote name='helmet']Sucks that both my addresses are in states with distribution centers. Best I can manage is 36.25 after goldbox, price drop, and prime.

Better off with buy.com it seems. :([/QUOTE]

Or you could add the ECA discount for 10% off and it'll be $33~$34

[quote name='prateeko']Or you could add the ECA discount for 10% off and it'll be $33~$34[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, wish I would have signed up sooner. XD

[quote name='Rave Child']So how soon does a price adjustment happen for preorders? Will I see an email about it, or would it just show up on magically on my order sometime?[/QUOTE]

I does not happen right off and can take a few days. About a day after it ships they will also send an email regarding how much it was discounted.

For example I received this for my Super Robot Taisen Preorder:

You saved $1.00 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
Price on order date: $31.99
Price charged at shipping: $30.99
Lowest price before release date: $30.99
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $1.00

$1.00 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']The only game related to this one is Devil Summoner 1.
[/quote]

Devil Summoner is a series that dates back to the days of the SEGA Saturn. Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army is actually the 3rd game in the series making this game the 4th. With that fact in mind, its actually more accurate to think of this game as Raidou Kuzunoha 2 rather than Devil Summoner 2.

To the poster who asked the original question: Devil Summoner, like Persona, is a spinoff of Atlus' flagship Megami Tensei series and have no relation to each other beyond the moniker.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow... this keeps getting better and better. Amazon seems to drop the price of Atlus games fairly quickly these days. Only $32.39 with the ECA discount.

I get the feeling that these things aren't going to be limited at all though. At least, not as much as Atlus hyped them to be.[/quote]

Its only as limited as the number of launch copies they print.

The price is down to $34.99 on Amazon. It's quite a coincidence, because I'm really on the fence about buying this game, but everytime I go to cancel it, I see that Amazon has dropped the price some more, so I end up keeping my pre-order.

[quote name='ID2006']The price is down to $34.99 on Amazon. It's quite a coincidence, because I'm really on the fence about buying this game, but everytime I go to cancel it, I see that Amazon has dropped the price some more, so I end up keeping my pre-order.[/quote]
sure is getting cheap, updated to reflect on the new price, thx.

wow
This just keeps getting better and better.
My total dropped to $29.74 with my Gold Box and ECA discounts.
It's more than $10 off the MSRP.

So if you already preordered with a Gold Box discount that's higher than the current price, will they apply the same Gold Box discount with the new lower price and charge you that much?

For instance, it was $35.99 when I placed the preorder and with the Gold Box discount, my total came out to $34.19 (which is less than the current normal price). Will I get the same GB discount applied to $34.99 automatically?

I'm wondering because my current total price is less than the normal price but it seems some people here have gotten the further discount.

The original price will change, and your gold box discounts (which are percentage based) will adjust accordingly.

Thus for every $1.00 drop, your Quick Pick discount (5%) will be $0.05 smaller than before, but you will still have a discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ID2006']The original price will change, and your gold box discounts (which are percentage based) will adjust accordingly.

Thus for every $1.00 drop, your Quick Pick discount (5%) will be $0.05 smaller than before, but you will still have a discount.[/quote]

Nice, thanks. Now that I look at it more, I think that already happened to me. I believe it was $36.99 when I ordered whereas now it's $35.99 before discount. It's been so long ago that I forgot!

[quote name='the_punisher']Wow, i've saved $5 since pre-ordering without doing anything. I love Amazon :)[/quote]

same here! :lol:

[quote name='Mugen Power']I agree, Amazon is great, but they'd be even better if they kept their 30 day price guarantee. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yeah... while this is nice, many times I find that the games drop to significantly lower prices after an item ships, especially with Atlus games in the past year or so.

But oh well, $31.xx (after ECA) for a game and plush in a nice display box is a damn good deal.

anyone know if doublejump is going to print the strategy guide for this? just checked the site and there is nothing i could find on it. I know they did one for the first and figured they would probably do one for the second too.

[quote name='crolius']I heard doublejump isn't doing a guide. They might do a digital guide for it but no print guide.[/quote]

NOOOOOO!!! fuck that! They need to print a guide! :bomb:

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i just love how buy.com is matching the $34.99 right now

it's on![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but ECA 10% off works at Amazon!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i just love how buy.com is matching the $34.99 right now

it's on![/quote]

Slow shipping + tax + no Gold Box + no ECA = I'll pass.

[quote name='unclenebber']Without prime Buy.com has faster shipping.

I hope this continues to drop!!![/quote]
w/ this buy.com/amazon war going on, this thing might end up being free.

anyone think its too late to score one of the raiho plush pre-order bonus? i just pre-ordered mine today from amazon and my order is not shipping until 05/18/09 which is almost 1 week after its release date...how good is amazon including the pre-order bonus for pre-orders? Has anyone not gotten their pre-order bonus from a pre-order? i dont shop often on amazon so if anyone can answer this would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='momotenshi']anyone think its too late to score one of the raiho plush pre-order bonus? i just pre-ordered mine today from amazon and my order is not shipping until 05/18/09 which is almost 1 week after its release date...how good is amazon including the pre-order bonus for pre-orders? Has anyone not gotten their pre-order bonus from a pre-order? i dont shop often on amazon so if anyone can answer this would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]
my order was made 2 months ago, and has a ship date on 18th as well. from experience amazon estimates are never accurate. besides, i wouldn't imagine that atlus already has planned for its 2nd shipment.

[quote name='momotenshi']anyone think its too late to score one of the raiho plush pre-order bonus? i just pre-ordered mine today from amazon and my order is not shipping until 05/18/09 which is almost 1 week after its release date...how good is amazon including the pre-order bonus for pre-orders? Has anyone not gotten their pre-order bonus from a pre-order? i dont shop often on amazon so if anyone can answer this would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

I preordered in January and I show a ship date of 5/18 as well. I wouldn't worry about it.

Don't worry, you'll get it. This isn't a pre-order bonus, it comes with every copy of the game.

[quote name='unclenebber']Without prime Buy.com has faster shipping.

I hope this continues to drop!!![/quote]

Does anyone have any experience with Buy.com's packaging for something like this? If they have faster shipping, I may take advantage of it if I'm assured they'll pack it up well.

[quote name='kazunori']Don't worry, you'll get it. This isn't a pre-order bonus, it comes with every copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

It is a preorder bonus according to Amazon's page for it... but considering how Atlus always ends up printing way more preorder bonuses, chances are these will be available for a long time.

[quote name='mythus']my order was made 2 months ago, and has a ship date on 18th as well. from experience amazon estimates are never accurate. besides, i wouldn't imagine that atlus already has planned for its 2nd shipment.[/quote]

My delivery estimate is 05/15/09.

bread's done
Back