Amazon: SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/ plush $36.99

[quote name='gobz']Actually ignore my previous post. Both orders have shipped. I was confused because my really old order wasn't appearing in my shipped section. The game shipping in June turned out to be the DS games that is coming out then.

Hehe.[/quote]
Got it mixed up with Devil Survivor eh? :lol:
Good to hear that you're stuff is on its way though :bouncy:
Mine is to arrive tomorrow or Thursday! Can't wait!

Ordered the 11th and scheduled for May 18th, couldn't get the gold box deal on my prime account. D:

Upgrading to 2-day would have gotten it here tomorrow, FSSS just has low shipping priority in most cases.

Says mine should be here tomorrow, nice. It got some decent reviews, and i can't wait for this plush to meet my Teddie ;).

I hope these are still in stock at GameStop when i got to pick up inFamous, if they start selling high on eBay, i may have to pick up an extra or two ;).

Ordered March 9, Amazon Prime member, and my order still hasn't even gone into "Prepping for shipment". It says it'll be here Friday, so I guess that means it will ship tomorrow... but come on, why am I an Amazon prime member if they're not even going to bother shipping things on release dates? =)

Thanks kazunori and all for your thoughts.

As for the reviews, I usually start with those, but the opinions here help. It sounds like it is actually a good game. Maybe not as good as Persona 3 / 4, but worth the $35 (bonus aside).

I guess I need to see whether a non-fan (like me) will actually enjoy it, compared to the other games in the backlog.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Everybody who has theirs "soon to be shipped" already, did you have normal shipping or free super saver shipping?

I ordered February 1, but still has May 18 shipping day with FSSS.[/QUOTE]

Mine was FSSS and it is the 18th as well.

[quote name='Sentinel']Thanks kazunori and all for your thoughts.

As for the reviews, I usually start with those, but the opinions here help. It sounds like it is actually a good game. Maybe not as good as Persona 3 / 4, but worth the $35 (bonus aside).

I guess I need to see whether a non-fan (like me) will actually enjoy it, compared to the other games in the backlog.[/quote]

You're welcome!

I forgot to add what the game itself is like though.. If you've never played any SMT game before, they generally have pretty solid stories and characters compared to the average JRPG (no amnesiac pretty boy with some hidden power destined to save the world type cliches), and they've usually got some awesome atmosphere and setting to go with it.

On the downside, most do require "grinding" of some sort to level up your character and personas/demons to a reasonable level, so that might not be your cup of tea.
A minor complaint a friend of mine new to the SMT series recently brought up was that the spell names take some getting used to, as they're usually called something unfamiliar (eg. fire magic isn't simply called "fire"). No big deal I guess, but just thought I'd mention it.

Personally, if you're new to the SMT series, I'd recommend the Persona games (3 FES & 4), as they come across as more fresh and appealing than the others in the franchise (Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga, main SMT series), and that helps when you're repeatedly going into battle just to level up.

First post—whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I am actually getting a little nervous about Amazon fulfilling my very recently-placed order (May 9th, FSSS) for the limited bundle, here. I have May 18th as a shipping estimate. I'm paranoid enough to wonder if I should actually trek out to Gamestop to see if they have one in stock. Would anyone care to quell my fears with some insight/speculation, or maybe just a tranq' to the neck to calm me down? Cheers...

[quote name='ghostmedicine']First post—whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I am actually getting a little nervous about Amazon fulfilling my very recently-placed order (May 9th, FSSS) for the limited bundle, here. I have May 18th as a shipping estimate. I'm paranoid enough to wonder if I should actually trek out to Gamestop to see if they have one in stock. Would anyone care to quell my fears with some insight/speculation, or maybe just a tranq' to the neck to calm me down? Cheers...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it for now. I ordered way back at the end of January with FSSS, and I've got May 18th as the delivery date too. Amazon hasn't failed me before, so I think it should be ok.

I picked up my GS pre-order today and they've only received 4 copies and won't be getting another shipment.
Get it while you still can, guys.

[quote name='willardhaven']Who cares it's just a doll? I pre-ordered just to resell and possibly pay for a second copy to play. I don't really care about the plush.[/QUOTE]

Wow you really have stripped away the joy of gaming there.:cry:

But seriously Its a pretty awesome pack in, but i would have much rather had the SMT:Nocturne Maniax that came with the japanese CE.

[quote name='newlu']I picked up my GS pre-order today and they've only received 4 copies and won't be getting another shipment.
Get it while you still can, guys.[/QUOTE]

Really?

[quote name='Oswald9599']Wow you really have stripped away the joy of gaming there.:cry:

But seriously Its a pretty awesome pack in, but i would have much rather had the SMT:Nocturne Maniax that came with the japanese CE.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well I was trying to get him to focus on the game rather than the bonus toy. In the end, all that matters is the game. I do like having nice extras too, but would the game not be worth $35 without the 25¢ doll?

I ordered 1/30, and my has a shipping estimate of 5/18 (FSSS). I'm not too worried about Amazon's not fulfilling my order, since I'm pretty sure Atlus will print enough to fulfill all preorders, but I'm surprised that, having ordered it so early, mine wasn't one of the first to ship.

You'd think they'd go right down the line with whoever ordered first to last.

[quote name='willardhaven']Haha, well I was trying to get him to focus on the game rather than the bonus toy. In the end, all that matters is the game. I do like having nice extras too, but would the game not be worth $35 without the 25¢ doll?[/QUOTE]
You do have a point there, but I think most (including myself) generally agree that the package as a whole seems like a pretty neat collectible item for a pre-order. Yes, the quality of the game should be the top concern...and thankfully, from what I've read so far, it should deliver in that respect.

I don't even think I really have space for the box, anyway...does anyone else think about these things before ordering? Besides, what will a plush like that really get you, anyway (besides beat up, I mean). j/k! lolz!

kazunori—thanks for your input in this thread. I just started playing P3 FES (my first SMT game), and I'm definitely digging it so far (only a couple of hours in). I just hope that I can hang in there (time/energy-wise) for the 100-ish hours I've heard people talk about...

i ordered mine along side a bathroom scale a long time ago, and it has yet to ship. the bathroom scale has a delivery estimate of june 5th... hope that doesn't screw me over.

[quote name='Maromi']I ordered 1/30, and my has a shipping estimate of 5/18 (FSSS). I'm not too worried about Amazon's not fulfilling my order, since I'm pretty sure Atlus will print enough to fulfill all preorders, but I'm surprised that, having ordered it so early, mine wasn't one of the first to ship.

You'd think they'd go right down the line with whoever ordered first to last.[/QUOTE]

Why would it have been one of the first to ship if you order using free shipping? Part of the whole idea of their free shipping is that they hold your shipment off for a little bit to try and persuade you to pay for your shipping.

[quote name='romeogbs19']wha - no voice acting? that sort of sucks.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Devil Summoner doesn't have quite the following that the other SMT games have, and most likely didn't have the budget for voice acting.

I really hate how Amazon takes forever to ship FSSS preorders... probably to get people to spit out the $70 for Prime.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']I really hate how Amazon takes forever to ship FSSS preorders... probably to get people to spit out the $70 for Prime.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

what are you talking about? i ordered mine as FSSS and it shipped out today...i'm pretty happy with amazon's speed for free shipping

WTF mine hasn't shipped yet and I have prime. Might have something to do with canceling my order from day one to order again with ECA (and again thereafter when it popped up in gold box).

[quote name='Vinny']I really hate how Amazon takes forever to ship FSSS preorders... probably to get people to spit out the $70 for Prime.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Maybe cuz it's FREE shipping. it even says it may take up to an additional 3-5 days to ship with fsss. If you wanted it sooner should've paid an extra $5 for 3 day ship or w/e. :p

[quote name='breakingcustoms']what are you talking about? i ordered mine as FSSS and it shipped out today...i'm pretty happy with amazon's speed for free shipping[/QUOTE]

I ordered Jan 28, mine isn't shipping until May 18th. If you read some of the other posts in the thread, you'll see that other people have an estimated shipping date of May 18th as well with FSSS.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Maybe cuz it's FREE shipping. it even says it may take up to an additional 3-5 days to ship with fsss. If you wanted it sooner should've paid an extra $5 for 3 day ship or w/e. :p[/QUOTE]

It was a simple statement.

But to argue against your point, just because something is free doesn't mean it has to suck. My preorders from GameStop ship within 1 day even with free shipping. And when Buy.com and Newegg offer free shipping (which they're doing more and more these days), they ship out within 1-3 days... usually 2 days for Newegg, 1 for Buy.com- rarely do they take 3 days.

Don't get me wrong because I love Amazon, but I just don't take why it takes them so long to ship preorders sometimes (though many times, they ship them out earlier than the estimated shipping date).

[quote name='Vinny']I ordered Jan 28, mine isn't shipping until May 18th. If you read some of the other posts in the thread, you'll see that other people have an estimated shipping date of May 18th as well with FSSS.

It was a simple statement.

But to argue against your point, just because something is free doesn't mean it has to suck. My preorders from GameStop ship within 1 day even with free shipping. And when Buy.com and Newegg offer free shipping (which they're doing more and more these days), they ship out within 1-3 days... usually 2 days for Newegg, 1 for Buy.com- rarely do they take 3 days.

Don't get me wrong because I love Amazon, but I just don't take why it takes them so long to ship preorders sometimes (though many times, they ship them out earlier than the estimated shipping date).[/QUOTE]

However, unlike the other two, Amazon's free shipping service is available for pretty much everything they sell. For something like Newegg's free 3-day shipping promotional, which is only available for certain items at certain times, you're getting service that you would normally pay for, for free.

Amazon's free super slow shipping however, is an alternative to paying the standard fee, at the expense of the priority of your order. Sure, it might get pushed through, but they are not going to go out of their way to get you ahead of the queue if you are not willing to at least pay for standard shipping

[quote name='prateeko']WTF mine hasn't shipped yet and I have prime. Might have something to do with canceling my order from day one to order again with ECA (and again thereafter when it popped up in gold box).[/QUOTE]

Weird...my second order was placed on 05/07 with ECA + Prime and it was shipped yesterday.

[quote name='Tracid']I noticed the page does not have the plushie anymore, I hope the pre-order I made got me one =\[/QUOTE]
Odds are if your UPS shipment is 2 pounds, you have the plush; if it's one pound, you have a game by itself.

I preordered two with FSSS back in January, but I cancelled and reordered with ECA on 4/22. Both of those shipped yesterday and arrived at my office this morning. I'm so excited for when the mail lady brings them. Any minute now....

[quote name='Tracid']I noticed the page does not have the plushie anymore, I hope the pre-order I made got me one =\[/QUOTE]
i had thought preordering guaranteed you the plush set. well mine still hasn't shipped either. i'm beginning to wonder why?

Calling amazon right now talking to someone who has no clue what I'm talking about. I had canceled and reordered on may 7th with the ECA discount and my order doesn't specify that I will get the pre-order deal, though I know I placed it when it was still available on the site.

Status hasn't changed to shipped yet and ill be furious if I don't get the bundle... :bomb:

I honestly don't care how long it takes to get to me but since I preordered way back when I should still get the bundle. Now the site is not showing the bonus and says the item will be "In stock on May 15, 2009." I'm gonna be so pissed if I don't get that doll for which I have no use!

[quote name='botticus']Odds are if your UPS shipment is 2 pounds, you have the plush; if it's one pound, you have a game by itself.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone confirmed that there is a game-only version of this? I have a feeling that there is only the bundle and once that sells out, there might be a second run that is game only if additional orders justify it.

[quote name='helmet']However, unlike the other two, Amazon's free shipping service is available for pretty much everything they sell. For something like Newegg's free 3-day shipping promotional, which is only available for certain items at certain times, you're getting service that you would normally pay for, for free.

Amazon's free super slow shipping however, is an alternative to paying the standard fee, at the expense of the priority of your order. Sure, it might get pushed through, but they are not going to go out of their way to get you ahead of the queue if you are not willing to at least pay for standard shipping[/QUOTE]

But, how exactly does this save Amazon any money by delaying your order and therefore the date they can charge your credit card? It's not like they have absolutely zero additional warehouse staffing or something. I guess I can't really complain because I have never had more than a day or two delay after release for FSSS, but the argument that Amazon is delaying orders because people get free shipping doesn't really seem to make much business sense.

[quote name='bojay1997']But, how exactly does this save Amazon any money by delaying your order and therefore the date they can charge your credit card? It's not like they have absolutely zero additional warehouse staffing or something. I guess I can't really complain because I have never had more than a day or two delay after release for FSSS, but the argument that Amazon is delaying orders because people get free shipping doesn't really seem to make much business sense.[/QUOTE]

I agree, although I wouldn't be surprised if they had a queuing system that put the faster, payed-for shipping items towards the top of the list. Those of us with relatively quick FSSS shipments could just have lucked out by being serviced by a warehouse that doesn't get as high a volume of orders and/or order items from such a warehouse.

bread's done
Back