Amazon Video Game Lightning Deals All Day TODAY - Wolfenstein $40/$30 DotD

[quote name='Nirron']Looks like Silent Hill Homecoming is the 360 version. I might have bitten on the PS3 version at $15 since ECA would bring it down to something like $12. Enjoy to those who bite on it.

I'm going to guess Amazon is going to go on equal ground for the most part on these. We've seen a Wii, DS, and 360 game. Going to guess that the 4 PM is a PC game, and the last game is the PS3 version of Ghostbusters.[/QUOTE]

Yep, would've bitten on the PS3 version for sure at $15.

Let's hope Ghostbusters is a good deal....
(the 4PM being plants vs. zombies digital download seems very likely yep)

[quote name='Jodou']I claimed one in case I change my mind, but while $9 is tempting -- I really wanted the PS3 version. :\[/QUOTE]

X2...plus I dont have a 360

[quote name='plutoknight']Yep, would've bitten on the PS3 version for sure at $15.

Let's hope Ghostbusters is a good deal....
(the 4PM being plants vs. zombies digital download seems very likely yep)[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Zombies is going to be related to RE 5, Left 4 Dead, or Dead Rising. Could be wrong though.

[quote name='Izod517']Save $1.20 at the risk of ruining 10% ECA for everyone... no thanks.[/QUOTE]
Actually it's $3 since it comes off the original price. Thanks for playing!

[quote name='Izod517']Save $1.20 at the risk of ruining 10% ECA for everyone... no thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Actually it's $3 since it comes off the original price. Thanks for playing![/QUOTE]

Actually it's an ethically shady thing to do whether it's $1.20 or $3.00. Thanks for playing!

[quote name='bvharris']Actually it's an ethically shady thing to do whether it's $1.20 or $3.00. Thanks for playing![/QUOTE]
Yo, bvharris. I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but Kanye had the best ethically shady event of all time!

[quote name='bvharris']Actually it's an ethically shady thing to do whether it's $1.20 or $3.00. Thanks for playing![/QUOTE]....is everyone trying to out-dick everyone else? Or do we automatically assume the worst of intentions with each post?

I don't think he was agreeing with the practice, but rather correcting his math. Good god, people.

[quote name='Jodou']Yo, bvharris. I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but Kanye had the best ethically shady event of all time![/QUOTE]

Probably nothing will come of it, but if Amazon decides things like this are a good enough reason to stop offering codes, people are going to feel pretty stupid for saving a few bucks these couple of days. Being a cheap ass doesn't have to equate to trying to game the system and exploit glitches.

[quote name='choral_music']....is everyone trying to out-dick everyone else? Or do we automatically assume the worst of intentions with each post?

I don't think he was agreeing with the practice, but rather correcting his math. Good god, people.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with my assumption. It rubs me the wrong way how many people here gleefully rush to exploit glitches and then brag about doing so, especially when the glitch is already on a service which is saving them money. I have no problem in stating that belief.

[quote name='bvharris']Probably nothing will come of it, but if Amazon decides things like this are a good enough reason to stop offering codes, people are going to feel pretty stupid for saving a few bucks these couple of days. Being a cheap ass doesn't have to equate to trying to game the system and exploit glitches.[/quote]Amazon could have put a stop to it; we've even reported it FFS. All I know is none of my orders have been canceled and the codes remain in my account. If they shut down the codes, it was because they allowed it to happen and there's nothing we can do about it.

Does every single amazon thread now have to devolve into an argument about double dipping ECA? These sorts of things will always get abused whether you like it or not, the ECA code thing will eventually fold regardless of what anyone does, and something new will inevitably come up for making good deals even better. And all will be right with the world again. It's the circle of life and it's beautiful and magical and it has a unicorn horn. Get over it.

Now then, I like the fact that I got Silent Hill for about $13. I've never played a Silent Hill game. Will I enjoy it?

[quote name='Jodou']Let's get excited!![/QUOTE]

I can get behind that.

On another note that's more related to this thread....I'm really hoping for the PS3 Slimer Edition for Ghostbusters later on today. I've got a friend who would love the extras.

[quote name='Jodou']Amazon could have put a stop to it; we've even reported it FFS. All I know is none of my orders have been canceled and the codes remain in my account. If they shut down the codes, it was because they allowed it to happen and there's nothing we can do about it.[/QUOTE]

While I won't dispute that, the fact remains that I'm sure everyone using double ECA codes knows they're gaming the system. Yes, the risk is probably extremely minimal (Amazon probably drums up enough business with the codes that it's closer to purely hypothetical), but that risk is shared by people who are exploiting the glitch and those who are not alike. Even if there are no negative consequences, it's the principle that irks me. Everyone's free to exploit glitches if they want, no one can stop you, it's just sad how many people boast about it like they won the lottery.

Argh, missed the Silent Hill deal. I would've picked it up. Oh well, I still have Silent Hill 2 to find for my PS2.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if they ever made a Greatest Hits version of SH2? Someone a while back told me they included the levels that the Xbox version had, but I can't find any concrete info of it. PM me if anyone knows!

[quote name='nflsonic']Argh, missed the Silent Hill deal. I would've picked it up. Oh well, I still have Silent Hill 2 to find for my PS2.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if they ever made a Greatest Hits version of SH2? Someone a while back told me they included the levels that the Xbox version had, but I can't find any concrete info of it. PM me if anyone knows![/QUOTE]

They did make a GH version. It had an additional ending and a new level added to it.

[quote name='SITHLORDMARK']What was the x-blades best buy fiasco???[/QUOTE]

It might've been a $20 off coupon for X-Blades... which had a price of $20.

The BB Xblades wasn't a fiasco. It was a game being price dropped to $20 and BB having a $20 coupon limit 3 for Xblades.

Some used multiple coupons while others took advantage of the one and got 3 copies.

Sucks not everyone got in but it wasn't a fiasco

[quote name='joshnorm']The BB Xblades wasn't a fiasco. It was a game being price dropped to $20 and BB having a $20 coupon limit 3 for Xblades.

Some used multiple coupons while others took advantage of the one and got 3 copies.

Sucks not everyone got in but it wasn't a fiasco[/QUOTE]

Exactly...that was a legitimate coupon and a legitimate price drop by Best Buy. No trickery involved - just stupidity on Best Buy's part.

[quote name='joshnorm']The BB Xblades wasn't a fiasco. It was a game being price dropped to $20 and BB having a $20 coupon limit 3 for Xblades.

Sucks not everyone got in but it wasn't a fiasco[/QUOTE]Well, fiasco may have been a headliner word, but Best Buy certainly didn't intend on people getting X-Blades for free, and could very easily be considered "gaming the system" or exploiting a glitch. But because it's (big evil) Best Buy, people had an easier time participating.

[quote name='choral_music']Well, fiasco may have been a headliner word, but Best Buy certainly didn't intend on people getting X-Blades for free, and could very easily be considered "gaming the system" or exploiting a glitch. But because it's (big evil) Best Buy, people had an easier time participating.[/QUOTE]

How is using a coupon distributed by Best Buy exploiting a glitch or gaming the system?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How is using a coupon distributed by Best Buy exploiting a glitch or gaming the system?[/QUOTE]Using it in a way unintended by the issuing company. If it wasn't a "glitch" they wouldn't have corrected it in less than 24 hours.

Look, I really don't care either way, but it's awesome how some people brandish their moral authority while participating in other occurrences that are blatantly due to a mistake.

What's the difference?

God, I really want to go to dinner but I really want to know what's going on sale in 40 minutes...

I'll wait, if it turns out to be cheapass RE5 I'll kick myself for missing it.

[quote name='choral_music']Using it in a way unintended by the issuing company. If it wasn't a "glitch" they wouldn't have corrected it in less than 24 hours.

Look, I really don't care either way, but it's awesome how some people brandish their moral authority while participating in other occurrences that are blatantly due to a mistake.

What's the difference?[/QUOTE]

Less than 24 hours? I think I went the first day this happened (intending to get it for 10 bucks) and then again 2 days later and it still worked.

[quote name='choral_music']Using it in a way unintended by the issuing company. If it wasn't a "glitch" they wouldn't have corrected it in less than 24 hours.

So using the coupon is using it in a way unintended by Best Buy? People used this coupon like any coupon issued by any retail store can be used.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So using the coupon is using it in a way unintended by Best Buy? People used this coupon like any coupon issued by any retail store can be used.[/QUOTE]Oh my god, I can't believe we're arguing the legitimacy of the X-Blades deal. Yes, the coupon was legit. Yes, the price cut actually happened. But the combination of the two was clearly a mistake on Best Buy's behalf, and CAGs by and large had little trouble benefiting from it (though the thread does show some contention).

Can you really argue that Best Buy intended to give away X-Blades?

And yes, some reported that the deal still worked for them, but generally the price/coupon was corrected within 24 hours (both online and in B&M).

you do know amazon does not care how many codes you stack if what happened to me today is any way they run their business...

I ordered

Adentures to go for the psp on sunday.. it said SHIPS WEDS Will have it friday......

well gamestop now shows shipping oct 27 and only they get to carry it...

Called them up weds just messing with them to see if the item would ship .... worker goes YES YOUR ITEM IS SHIPPING..... thought maybe they knew something i did not ...

Got up today and item did not ship.. So i called them back up to see if they would even carry it with what gamestop is saying on their page..... They said they are sorry the item did not ship... we started talking about downloads vs UMD and other stuff and how gamestop says its their game only... well at the end of the Call the worker goes ... well for your problems here is what im going to do

1.... Keep your order open and see if it ever ships ..

2..... Issue you a 29.99 credit for your problems

so mostly they gave me 30 bucks LOL amazon hands out credits like candy... no wonder why their profits are starting to slow

[quote name='choral_music']Oh my god, I can't believe we're arguing the legitimacy of the X-Blades deal. Yes, the coupon was legit. Yes, the price cut actually happened. But the combination of the two was clearly a mistake on Best Buy's behalf, and CAGs by and large had little trouble benefiting from it (though the thread does show some contention).

Can you really argue that Best Buy intended to give away X-Blades?

And yes, some reported that the deal still worked for them, but generally the price/coupon was corrected within 24 hours (both online and in B&M).[/QUOTE]

Who cares if it was a mistake on their part? That has no bearing on the morality of using a coupon. Were customers supposed to wait and see if Best Buy was going to correct the mistake before using the coupon? Maybe we should all be waiting until the end of the day to see if Amazon correctly inputted the right prices for their Lightning deals?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Who cares if it was a mistake on their part?[/QUOTE]....and you've missed the point of this argument completely, or proven my point. I'm not sure.

[quote name='choral_music']....and you've missed the point of this argument completely, or proven my point. I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Way to ignore the rest of my post. You lost. Feel free to leave the thread.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Items: $28.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Reward Applied: -$0.00 Promotion Applied: -$2.90 Promotion Applied: -$2.90 Lightning Deal: -$9.01
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif
Total Before Tax: $14.18 Estimated Tax: $0.00

Now more tempting.

Actually it's so tempting that I bought it. Man I've waited so long for this. Like so freaking long. I've been dying to play a Castlevania game. This is like a dream come true. Time to knock out Dead Space and ODST before Monday.[/QUOTE]

For OoE I had my ECA discount, my $10 ODST discount, a $5 discount for not receiving ODST on release day...so my grand total was a paltry 2 bucks...not bad for a brand spanking new DS Castlevania game.

Item(s) Subtotal: $28.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$2.90
Lightning Deal: -$9.01
-----
Total Before Tax: $2.08
Sales tax: $0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: $2.08

... I ignored the rest of your statement because you're participating in a different argument.

Let me correct your statement - "Were customers supposed to wait and see if *Amazon* was going to correct the mistake before *using multiple ECA codes*?"

Try to read the entire argument before posting again.

One is fraud, one is an opportunistic.

Why must threads go off topic on morality always?

Seriously what's this next deal I'm on my iPhone and hope it's something I don't want since I have too much

[quote name='watcher0']One is fraud, one is an opportunistic.[/QUOTE]
But both result in benefiting from a mistake, thus gaining unintended perks.

[quote name='choral_music']
And yes, some reported that the deal still worked for them, but generally the price/coupon was corrected within 24 hours (both online and in B&M).[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you are correct there but I think maybe we should get back on to the topic at hand...

This suspense with this upcoming zombie lightning deal is killing me...if it's RE5 for cheap I may have to pick it up but it could also be a PC title since there hasn't been one yet.

[quote name='joshnorm']Why must threads go off topic on morality always?

Seriously what's this next deal I'm on my iPhone and hope it's something I don't want since I have too much[/QUOTE]I'm partly to blame, and I do apologize. I didn't realize that CAGs would have such a dynamically fluctuating sense of conscience. But then again, I should've known - and I don't care either way.

So there. :cool:

Plants vs. Zombies for PC
List Price: $19.99
Gold Box Discount: - $7.01

Gold Box Price: $12.98 (35% off)

Comments | (13)

Discount applied at checkout.
One per customer.

LAME

bread's done
Back